AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-03, 21:16   Link #1561
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Spoiler for general:
Spoiler for :


Though

Spoiler for End-game spoilers:
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 05:03   Link #1562
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Spoiler for ever17 plot:
We don't get to see her clothes at all before the player is forced to choose a perspective. I honestly don't think it's going to matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Spoiler for :
He's easily the most ludicrous thing in the story, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Spoiler for :
Doesn't she shove the tanuki head on him before anything else?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 08:35   Link #1563
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 10:25   Link #1564
Jao
panchi~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Age: 24
This all just goes to show how much better it is to play Takeshi first.
__________________
In my world far removed from the actual
Safe in my small amorality capsule
I cruise far aloof of the other world's flaws
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 10:54   Link #1565
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
We don't get to see her clothes at all before the player is forced to choose a perspective. I honestly don't think it's going to matter.
Spoiler for ever 17 plot:
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 11:30   Link #1566
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Spoiler:
Huh, well I'm a huge fucking idiot.

Maybe they'll keep her in the Tanuki suit for that scene?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
This all just goes to show how much better it is to play Takeshi first.
Why so? Coco in Kid's routes is less of a mindfuck that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Spoiler for ever 17 plot:
You mean the typo?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 11:33   Link #1567
Jao
panchi~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why so? Coco in Kid's routes is less of a mindfuck that way.
I always viewed Tsugumi's route as essentially a prologue to the rest of the game. It shows the bare bones of what's going on and is mostly self contained. Not much important from the Takeshi routes actually comes into question until the Kid rotes. The references are all one way also.
__________________
In my world far removed from the actual
Safe in my small amorality capsule
I cruise far aloof of the other world's flaws
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 12:00   Link #1568
David Watts
Stay Free
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to David Watts
Well I personally am glad that their even actually doing it. I just hope it gets English translated because i would really like to play it.
Spoiler for the stuff:
__________________
But go easy... Step lightly... Stay free...

Last edited by David Watts; 2011-05-04 at 14:13.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 20:50   Link #1569
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Just a bit of OOT:

http://buy.gamer.com.tw/atmItem.php?sn=9136

For those who can't read chinese, basically it means Memories Off 7(Another game under 5pb) is open for pre-order for Chinese PC version. Note that MO7 is released only on 360 and soon to be PSP in Japan, while the chinese side has their 360 version released.

This would give some hope that given enough demand from the chinese regions, we might see Ever17 ported to PC in Chinese even if there is no Japanese PC version.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 21:03   Link #1570
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Just a bit of OOT:

http://buy.gamer.com.tw/atmItem.php?sn=9136

For those who can't read chinese, basically it means Memories Off 7(Another game under 5pb) is open for pre-order for Chinese PC version. Note that MO7 is released only on 360 and soon to be PSP in Japan, while the chinese side has their 360 version released.

This would give some hope that given enough demand from the chinese regions, we might see Ever17 ported to PC in Chinese even if there is no Japanese PC version.
Hmm, if that happens, then all we need is someone to translate it from Chinese to English. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to match up the old sections and translate the new parts.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 22:40   Link #1571
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Hmm, if that happens, then all we need is someone to translate it from Chinese to English. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to match up the old sections and translate the new parts.
No. No. No.

It needs to be said again and again, but Japanese -> Chinese -> English translation, or any other translation of a translation, is a really, really bad idea. It has been tried before and is the nightmare of every TLCer. There will be so many translation errors TLC almost becomes retranslation.

What would be possible, though, is to translate the Japanese version and insert the text into the Chinese PC version.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 23:40   Link #1572
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Not that I disagree, but this would be a professional Chinese translation, not some fan group's work. Unless you are claiming 5pb are going to mess up their own Chinese translation.

So if an equally talented Chinese to English translator tackled the finished Chinese product, there should be little problem.

But this gives hope that MO7 may come back to PC in JP too. Doesn't say too much about Ever17 though. The MO series has always been big in Taiwan/China, so they always release console/PC ports of it. Haven't really seen any of 5pb's other games released though.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 01:21   Link #1573
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
So if an equally talented Chinese to English translator tackled the finished Chinese product, there should be little problem.
You don't understand how translations work and how untalented even professional translators are.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 02:00   Link #1574
winkel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You don't understand how translations work and how untalented even professional translators are.
Well, considering I used to be one, I'm likely to have a more positive bias.

I still don't think it'd be that big of a problem. 2nd-level translation from a fan-translation of the original, I've seen the disastrous results.

But I reckon things like French/Italian/Russian translation of commercial English translations of JP games usually turn out okay. This would probably not be any different. It's up to the skills of the person doing the C-->E though, certainly.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 03:30   Link #1575
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
But I reckon things like French/Italian/Russian translation of commercial English translations of JP games usually turn out okay.
It's far, far easier to translate English to French than it is to translate Chinese to English. But you already know that, right?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 10:48   Link #1576
Polarem
Dango Digitizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Ah damn, I missed out on the Tsugumi clothes debate up there. Anyway, here's my two cents: I do believe that the change of clothes will change players' thought processes as they go through the game, but...
Spoiler:

Agree? Disagree?
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 11:29   Link #1577
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Ah damn, I missed out on the Tsugumi clothes debate up there. Anyway, here's my two cents: I do believe that the change of clothes will change players' thought processes as they go through the game, but...
Spoiler:

Agree? Disagree?
Overall, I just think it will be up to the individual players. Some players are simply smarter than others, so some will probably catch on while others won't.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 14:38   Link #1578
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Agree? Disagree?
Definitely agreeing here. People have figured out the whole thing from just You and Tsugumi's routes alone, but it's rare that anyone is that perceptive.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 20:05   Link #1579
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Spoiler for :
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2011-05-10 at 05:20.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 22:15   Link #1580
TheForsaken
Winter is coming
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Spoiler for :
__________________

Last edited by TheForsaken; 2011-05-10 at 02:47.
TheForsaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.