AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 05:13   Link #1741
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Send a message via MSN to Bluemail
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Do you have a missing picture in the album or something like that? I could see what is there if that is the case. But by scenes... I have no idea.
Also the picture you posted from xbox is exclusive to it. Nothing like that in PC version.
I said I got all the CGs, but I'm missing two from the Etc 2 section, which I guess open when I get the final scene:

oooxo
xoooo
ooooo
oo

Spoiler for Xbox scene and Sara:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
We still don't even know the actual staff behind E17 remake yet, so I don't think it's time to be up in arms yet. We just know who isn't in it, but not everyone involved in the original has outright claimed their connection to the remake yet so it's still vague.

Point is there is still a chance, although I think the real test of how well the remake staff is will be from the new scenarios, not the rewritting of the original script, which isn't that hard to do.

EDIT: Finally some new screens. The models seemed to have improved, though still not where I'd like them. Curious to see how Robotics;Notes will turn out now, since Chiyomaru has said that E17 was the test bed for it in terms of using 3-D models in their games.

And don't know if it's been mentioned, but the site finally renewed with new stuff. Characters page especially, has the voices and CGs... man some of these voices sound weird now... perhaps because it has been so long ago...
It's not because it is so long ago, it's re-recorded and they DO sound different. You seems to have deeper voice in the second clip, and Tsugumi definitely sounds younger or more exotic or something.
Spoiler for Tsugumi:
The other voices sound mostly right.

I'm not very impressed with the 3D models. Especially Coco looks really weird in some angles, though this pic looks okay enough. But it seems they got Sara right. The backgrounds look good. Rest area has been moved to Level 1... Does that mean that in this version Erste Boden isn't flooded? Or could they have switched the order somehow, that Level 1 is actually Dritte Stock (was the rest area on Dritte Stock?). I have no idea why they would do that, though. Weirdest thing is this submarine. It's probably the exploration vessel from IBF, but Sora shouldn't be able to be there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this new version has to offer. If I ever get to read it, I don't think I'm going to get an Xbox 360. But a fresh take on an old story might not always be bad. At least we don't have to read the same thing twice (even if we wanted to ). They should include a retro mode or something, with the original story intact.

With the revival of the SDR brand, are they trying to start some kind of "Number"-series with Dunamis15 and put Ever17 as part of it? As it's longer Ever17 - the out of infinity -, just Ever17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Looks fucked.

And from that video they ruined "Karma".

Unforgivable.

That was my favourite piece of music from Ever17.
I don't think it was utterly ruined, but original Karma was better, I give you that. I wonder if there's going to be any new tracks besides ending and opening? The original soundtrack wasn't very varied, though it didn't bother me either.

After listening to the full version, I think I like the new opening song. It did sound bad in the trailer, but now I have a better impression of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
With the change of clothes it seems between the incidents I think the game will really have lost it's "oh shit" feeling when everything clicks.
Spoiler for Tsugumi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Ryukishis art at least doesn't look dead.
Ryukishi's characters might look weird at first, but yeah, at least they're very lively.

They should give us a proper trailer. I still need to see the game in motion before I want to doom the 3D to the depths with Lemuria.

It was probably told a long time ago, but the time limit seems to have been changed to 170 hours and 17 minutes, no longer 119 hours. Sora seems to say it in her 2nd voice clip as well. Sounds kind of unrealistic to estimate it so exactly, might be related to new plot. If not, they should have dropped the 17 minutes at least. It adds a little over 2 days to the narrative. A Lot of new content, or events have been spread more widely, resulting in shorter days in playtime.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni ~Rondo of the Witch and Reasoning~ for PS3/PSP
NISA publisher support thread - AKSYS publisher support thread - Facebook group - deviantArt group - Petition

Last edited by Bluemail; 2011-10-09 at 05:27.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 05:32   Link #1742
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
I said I got all the CGs, but I'm missing two from the Etc 2 section, which I guess open when I get the final scene:

oooxo
xoooo
ooooo
oo
I'm sorry, I just wanted to be sure...
All that stuff in etc2 is bonus content for completing the game beyond just getting all the endings. You will have to go through all the possible choices and have the Clear List completed - that is all I know unfortunately. Your best bet is to play from the beginning and hunt for choices you missed... or just get a 100% save file.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 06:38   Link #1743
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
If you can get used to ryukishi07's art you can get used to those.
Ryukishi's art is technically shit but is very expressive. This is the complete opposite; perhaps the models aren't bad per se, but their expressions don't convey any emotion. And that is the most important thing about VN sprites.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 08:52   Link #1744
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hmm... so, when this comes out and I get it, would you guys like me to tell you the changes/additions/removals in the Xbox 360 version? I know for a fact I'm going to do that on GameFAQs, but I wanted to know if any of you wanted to hear them as I go along.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 12:24   Link #1745
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Hmm... so, when this comes out and I get it, would you guys like me to tell you the changes/additions/removals in the Xbox 360 version? I know for a fact I'm going to do that on GameFAQs, but I wanted to know if any of you wanted to hear them as I go along.
That would be very much appreciated.
Old 2011-10-09, 13:04   Link #1746
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
With the revival of the SDR brand, are they trying to start some kind of "Number"-series with Dunamis15 and put Ever17 as part of it?
Cyberfront still owns Ever17, so 5pb can't incorporate it as part of a new series. Nevertheless, you're right that it's a crafty ploy to direct Infinity fans toward Ichikawa's new games. The "15" in Dunamis15 and the simultaneous development of the Ever17 remake (which should ideally have launched first) imply that.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:14   Link #1747
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Ryukishi's art is technically shit but is very expressive. This is the complete opposite; perhaps the models aren't bad per se, but their expressions don't convey any emotion. And that is the most important thing about VN sprites.
True, but I assume they'll have motion to work with in terms of expression. I'm not saying I'm impressed with the sprites but it's a bit too early to say it's ruined.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 02:21   Link #1748
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Well, some of the screenshots look okay to me and some, like the one VDZ posted, looks pretty bad.

On another note, I was listening to the OST with one earbud in and learned that Kopfsprung is one of those that has each side play a different part. It was so odd hearing it and I had to wonder why it sounded so off until I stuck the other earbud in. I love when songs do that, though.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 11:33   Link #1749
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Noriko Shitaya Interview:

Quote:
――Now that recording's over, discuss your feelings.

You is a powerful girl, so while recording, I had to be energetic as well. I was happy to be able to play You again!!

――Please tell us your first impression when you first saw your character.

My impression of You was "What a feel-good girl!!" since I could clearly see so many expressions and emotions from You. Playing her really was fun.

――After re-recording "Ever17", what where your favorite parts about your character, what did you enjoy about playing her, and what parts were difficult?

As usual, there were a lot of difficult parts (laughs). It felt like I gained a lot of extensive knowledge from it, though♪

――Please leave a message for the fans, if you would.

"Ever17" is a masterpiece!! A really interesting story!!!! For those of you playing for the first time, please play through it in order to discover the "secrets" of this work!! For those of you know already know of "Ever17", I hope you enjoy playing it just as you did your first time!!
Old 2011-10-12, 21:57   Link #1750
MidoriHiME

So, I know this is a LONG shot, but I recently found out that Hirameki had interviews with some of the Ever17 creators up on their site when it existed. Does anybody have a cached link to the interviews or something? Or sort of remember what they say? I'd love to read them, but I think I'm 5 years too late for it ;.;
Old 2011-10-13, 09:26   Link #1751
Lordray

EVER17 MANGA HAS BEEN TRANSLATED!!!!
By Sora Scans...

Link On Mangareader:
http://www.mangareader.net/ever-17

My DA: http://rpg-no-zero.deviantart.com/
My FB: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1598149010
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGNoZero?feature=mhum
Lordray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:13   Link #1752
Jade Magatama
その目、だれの目?

Hello, Sora (Seriously, it's a coincidence) Scans' translator for the Ever17 manga here ~

Chapter 2 was just posted up on Famitsu, and I'll do my best to get it translated as soon as possible. There's no furigana and the manga just started using German words (What is フェアボデン [Katakana reading: feaboden] anyway? I don't recall that being the name of a place in LeMU, unless it means something else...), so it's getting a little challenging. xD
Jade Magatama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:35   Link #1753
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
"feaboden" could be "verboten" (German for forbidden.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:18   Link #1754
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Magatama View Post
Hello, Sora (Seriously, it's a coincidence) Scans' translator for the Ever17 manga here ~

Chapter 2 was just posted up on Famitsu, and I'll do my best to get it translated as soon as possible. There's no furigana and the manga just started using German words (What is フェアボデン [Katakana reading: feaboden] anyway? I don't recall that being the name of a place in LeMU, unless it means something else...), so it's getting a little challenging. xD
Yeah, as a fellow translator, I'm stumped on that too. I've been looking it up, but haven't gotten anything yet. I'll let you known if I find something.

Edit: Pretty sure Roger Pepitone is right, it's supposed to be "Verboden". When I looked up フェア in German roots, I found that it means "ver". So it's logical that it would mean "Verboden"

Spoiler for :

So overall, I think "Verboden" is the correct translation.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-10-13 at 15:39.
Old 2011-10-14, 02:42   Link #1755
Rebellion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Yeah, as a fellow translator, I'm stumped on that too. I've been looking it up, but haven't gotten anything yet. I'll let you known if I find something.

Edit: Pretty sure Roger Pepitone is right, it's supposed to be "Verboden". When I looked up フェア in German roots, I found that it means "ver". So it's logical that it would mean "Verboden"

Spoiler for :

So overall, I think "Verboden" is the correct translation.
What context is it in?
And to be precise Verboden is Dutch, while Verboten is German
Both can mean Forbidden though.
Rebellion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:20   Link #1756
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellion88 View Post
What context is it in?
And to be precise Verboden is Dutch, while Verboten is German
Both can mean Forbidden though.
Well, Ever17 never uses Dutch, so there's no doubt that it's German.

It happens when Takeshi and Tsugumi meet up with Sora.

Quote:
Sora: Please, get out of here quickly!
Takeshi: Just what the hell happened!?
Sora: T-That's... フェアボーデン... Level Delta... Tief Blau...
Takeshi: H-Hey? What's wrong?
Sora: ... System Wieder aufnehme...
Spoiler for Takeshi's Routes Day 6:
Old 2011-10-15, 01:57   Link #1757
Jade Magatama
その目、だれの目?

Since it feels odd to leave words like Tief Blau untranslated and yet changing others, I think the way I'll do it is by leaving the German words the way they are in the chapter, then adding a separate page at the end of the chapter describing what they mean. Kind of like a TIPS page, almost.

So far, here's the German words used (Not especially sure on the three floors though, I only remember out of context) :

Insel null = Island Zero
Erste boden = First Floor
Zweite stock = Second Floor
Dritte stock = Third Floor
フェアボーデン (Verboten?) = forbidden
Tief Blau = deep blue
System Wieder aufnehme = ?

You's not wearing her nametag that reads 'T. You', but I'll just keep it as is and stick in a pronunciation note. Maybe I should also say the tanuki was actually a lemur. But well, that doesn't seem to be of importance anyway.
Jade Magatama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:20   Link #1758
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Since it feels odd to leave words like Tief Blau untranslated and yet changing others, I think the way I'll do it is by leaving the German words the way they are in the chapter, then adding a separate page at the end of the chapter describing what they mean. Kind of like a TIPS page, almost.

So far, here's the German words used (Not especially sure on the three floors though, I only remember out of context) :

Insel null = Island Zero
Erste boden = First Floor
Zweite stock = Second Floor
Dritte stock = Third Floor
フェアボーデン (Verboten?) = forbidden
Tief Blau = deep blue
System Wieder aufnehme = ?

You's not wearing her nametag that reads 'T. You', but I'll just keep it as is and stick in a pronunciation note. Maybe I should also say the tanuki was actually a lemur. But well, that doesn't seem to be of importance anyway.
According to what I dug up during my searching, "System Wieder aufnehme" is not actual German. Correct German would be "System Wieder aufnehmen". This translates out to "System resuming".
Old 2011-10-15, 08:53   Link #1759
VDZ

Quote:
Maybe I should also say the tanuki was actually a lemur. But well, that doesn't seem to be of importance anyway.
It has some importance, as the point is that the lemur is the mascot of the theme park based on Lemuria. But that's something that should be handled in the story, not in the TL notes.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:17   Link #1760
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Also
Spoiler:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel