AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-19, 14:12   Link #1
jedilorddazza

looking for a decent comedy

can anyone suggest a good comedy anime, something that will really make me laugh, like full metal panic: fumoffu made me, failing that can anyone suggest any anime i will like that is really good action, possibly giant robots but good character/storyline development, something i will want to watch the whole series of.
Old 2003-12-19, 14:51   Link #2
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

Well, humor is pretty subjective, but here are my personal picks (from whats available on AnimeSuki, so just unlicensed stuff.)

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu - This show is hard to describe but it has alot of bizarre/dark humor in it. Basically the trials and tribulations of a young boy who lives in the jungle with his mother and a mysterious er.. girl named Guu.

Tenshi na Konamaiki - This is a gender bender comedy with a twist. Lots of great physical comedy and super-deformed goodness. Watch at least 3 episodes to really give this show a chance to shine, as I think many people are kind of turned off by the animation. It's worth getting used to though. (It has the added bonus of having Megumi Hayashibara as the lead female voice, and she does an outstanding job.)

Neither of these is really like FMP:F, and they are both quite different from each other, but I found them really hilarious. HTH!
Old 2003-12-19, 21:43   Link #3
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I second Jungle Guu and would like to add Matantei Loki Ragnarok, i got some good laughs out of Loki.
Old 2003-12-20, 01:23   Link #4
pantsu
station!!

Quote:
Tenshi na Konamaiki - This is a gender bender comedy with a twist. Lots of great physical comedy and super-deformed goodness. Watch at least 3 episodes to really give this show a chance to shine, as I think many people are kind of turned off by the animation. It's worth getting used to though. (It has the added bonus of having Megumi Hayashibara as the lead female voice, and she does an outstanding job.)
I would also highly suggest this for a great comedy anime. I also agree with giving it a few episodes at first, I had to and now I can't wait for more
Old 2003-12-20, 02:24   Link #5
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

my fav comedies are non-animesuki series:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Mahoromatic
Azumanga Daioh
Chobits
first 10 or so eps of FMP S1
Old 2003-12-21, 13:35   Link #6
Mew-Mew

Send a message via AIM to Mew-Mew
I highly reccomend Ecxel Saga-nyo. It's super funny, at least to me-nyo. ^_^;; It's super crazy, and a few funny schemes here and there-nyo. ^_^ It doesn't really have giant mecha, though... but evil aliens... ^_^;; But it is pretty funny-nyo...
Old 2003-12-21, 14:38   Link #7
Lambda

Kodomo no Ochoma: Incredibly fast-paced, and so packed with gags that at the half-way point it's like you've watched an entire episode! And it's not just an extremely funny comedy, there's a well crafted story behind it too, and it has a wonderful ability to suddenly slow down on occasion to show a serious and emotional moment.

A strong contender for the best series currently on AnimeSuki.
Closed Thread