AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-19, 14:36   Link #1
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

How far away is the manga compared to the anime?

Actually, in which manga's chaper is the episode 62 on?

Thanks.
Old 2003-12-19, 14:46   Link #2
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
62 is chapters 105 and 63 ended at the same spot chapter 106 did.
Old 2003-12-19, 22:35   Link #3
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

WOW! the manga is way ahead.

Ok, so how many manga chapters does a single episodie cover?
Old 2003-12-19, 22:39   Link #4
Evilbunny
Cave guardian

it covers one to two chapters per episode, depending on the amount of filler that they put in.
Old 2003-12-19, 22:47   Link #5
sumflip
(''\(=' . '=)/'')

Send a message via AIM to sumflip Send a message via MSN to sumflip
at what chapter is the Manga at?
sumflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 22:48   Link #6
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Yep, about 2 chapters, but thats just an average. A lot of times it doesn't....Anyhow, maybe this info should be added to the Faq so that people can look there for future reference about this. (Not that they will anyhow but its just a thought)
Old 2003-12-19, 22:49   Link #7
Uh_huh
♥ Bouncy ♥

I think it's at 198 or something
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 23:46   Link #8
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
actually .. mathmatically .. each episode has 1.7 manga chapters in it.. give or take a lil bit with each..i've done the math before and talked about it each time the subject came up.... so mathmatically speaking if the manga ended right now.. we would still be able to have up to 116 anime episodes .. give or take a few ..and from where we r at now.. that is another year of anime.... but the manga doesn't look like it is stoping anytime soon.....
and isn't naruto really famous in japan???
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 23:48   Link #9
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

yeah naruto is famous in japan its something like 1.5 chapters per episode:episode 63 ended at the same time as chapter 106: the manga is currently at chapter 198 which i just read and i must say am a little dissapointed
Old 2003-12-20, 00:26   Link #10
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

OMG! 116 more episodies to reach 198 chapters of the manga!?
: ( Now add to the equation the "ultra slow" fansubbing of 1 episodie per week! how many months do we have to wait until we get to chapter 198!? Equals mmmmmmm

4= episodies per month.
By 12 moths = 48 By 4 (YEARS!!) Equals = Fukking!!! 192 chapters and 1/2 moth. haaaaaaaa! about 4 more years of anime to reach the current chapter! >_< PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GUYS, HOW COMES THAT IT'S 116 EPISODIES!? DOUBLE CHECK YOUR MATH!

See that's my math, and it sucks so I can be mistaken though. I REALLY HOPE THAT MY MATH SUCKED THIS TIME! : (
Old 2003-12-20, 00:43   Link #11
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
OMG! 116 more episodies to reach 198 chapters of the manga!?
: ( Now add to the equation the "ultra slow" fansubbing of 1 episodie per week! how many months do we have to wait until we get to chapter 198!? Equals mmmmmmm

4= episodies per month.
By 12 moths = 48 By 4 (YEARS!!) Equals = Fukking!!! 192 chapters and 1/2 moth. haaaaaaaa! about 4 more years of anime to reach the current chapter! >_< PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GUYS, HOW COMES THAT IT'S 116 EPISODIES!? DOUBLE CHECK YOUR MATH!

See that's my math, and it sucks so I can be mistaken though. I REALLY HOPE THAT MY MATH SUCKED THIS TIME! : (
It's fansubbed one episode a week because it's airing in Japan one episode a week. we see it only a few days after it aired. Wendsday in japan at 7 or 7:30, forgot which. That equates to tuesday in the US , and we usually get it by thursday. As for your math there are 52 weeks in a year. 116 episodes divided by 52 =2.231 so a little less than 2 years 3 months. Of course there are no guarantees that the anime will cover all the manga, so it could end before that.
edit: Hmm....doesn't seem right. fenikkusu did you mean 116 episodes left or that chapter 198 would be ep 116?
Edit 2: Checked the episode number myself 198 /1.7 = 116.47, so that would be total episodes. In that case mistagrinch is right.
I should have read the post more carefully...

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2003-12-20 at 00:54.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 00:44   Link #12
mistagrinch
Sex on the Beach

116 - 63 = 53

53 episodes until the current chapter is reached = 1 year.
mistagrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 00:57   Link #13
Lost World
Banned

This is good.

At this pace, the anime should have no problem NOT catching up to the manga, then.

I mean, I'd rather have a bit of filler in episodes and still have Naruto be good and follow the manga than see what happened with other SJ properties like Rurouni Kenshin and Inu Yasha.

Kenshin = caught up with manga, writers wrote a season worth of filler to wait until they could animate more = Kenshin was cancelled before it ever got to finish due to unpopularity of the made up stories.

InuYasha = whenever they catch up to the manga, they make a set of filler episodes that usually suck.

and Naruto, having such a linear story, would not really have room for any filler story arcs in it. I mean...where would they put it in? what would they do?

Frankly, I think the studio knows this and that's why they're going so slowly.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 05:05   Link #14
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

OOPS! For some wierd reason I thought that 198 were the number of episodies... -_- It must have been that I was very emotional...

Well, But I got down to 1 year! does not too bad isn't it?

By the way in one year we'll get to see the new episodies of Saint Seiya too (the second part of the hades Chapter YEAH!)
: p

P.S by the way I knew that the creators of naruto air an episode per week, but as you know, if I say it that way it sounds painful.
: )
Old 2003-12-20, 16:11   Link #15
mistagrinch
Sex on the Beach

except for that it takes a lot longer to draw an episode of the anime than a chapter of the manga, the episodes are drawn long before the episode airs...
Old 2003-12-20, 16:15   Link #16
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Equals = Fukking!!!
My maths tutor vehemently disgrees with this hypothesis
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 16:48   Link #17
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistagrinch
except for that it takes a lot longer to draw an episode of the anime than a chapter of the manga, the episodes are drawn long before the episode airs...
Exactly .
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 00:25   Link #18
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Well you forgot to take into account the Naruto movie that MITE (mite i say cus i have no idea) cover a big chunk of the manga in a short time.
Old 2003-12-21, 02:26   Link #19
mistagrinch
Sex on the Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I don't think it takes really this much longer. After all the anime is aired weekly, so it shouldn't take much more than a week to produce an episode, or sooner or later their storerooms would drain and they should take a longer break.
And there are a lot of people drawing an anime episode.

durrr, they spend much more than a week on each episode, thats why they have different "teams" working on different episodes, and they like... rotate... but i still have no idea how long it takes to make an episode or how many "teams" there are...
Old 2003-12-21, 04:18   Link #20
mistagrinch
Sex on the Beach

and one! people need vacation!