AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-20, 11:01   Link #161
nadare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to nadare
wow I wonder how yuki is doing... or has her poll started yet? I was surprised even miyuki enomoto passed(ENOZ). I do support Woland for the thread. Since alot of SHnY passed(and are favorites).
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 13:39   Link #162
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare
wow I wonder how yuki is doing... or has her poll started yet? I was surprised even miyuki enomoto passed(ENOZ). I do support Woland for the thread. Since alot of SHnY passed(and are favorites).
Okay. I'll be happy to create the thread, but I need volunteers to read the contest and post (in ENGLISH) the results. Does anyone want to volunteer keep the thread up-to-date with results? Thanks.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 12:28   Link #163
Biswa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Not really a thread request but may lead to one. Where can i see a listing of all the small details of the show that many people may have missed (including me). Since the show has very small but significant details, and also because the show is arranged out of order, a list of these details and observations would be something interesting i think. I don't know how many people would post on it though.

(These details are probably found scattered in each episode discussion but--i'm too lazy)
Biswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 15:20   Link #164
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biswa
Where can i see a listing of all the small details of the show that many people may have missed (including me).
Sound like something that would be better served in a Wiki than in a thread format. Free Wiki hosts for anyone that wants to take on the job:

Wet Paint
PB Wiki
Tiddlyspot
JotSpot
Wikia

Currently, all the fine details about the show are listed in each episode thread or scattered throughout the forum. If the Wiki idea is unappealing, we can always add a list to the All about Suzumiya Haruhi thread.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-07-22 at 17:21.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 21:06   Link #165
ApathyEcstasy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
this is just an idea..but because the "screen caps, images, wallpapers" thread is so huge..perhaps it would be easier for browsers and more organized to have a different thread for screencaps/images/wallpapers of specific characters..and perhaps a thread for "general" screencaps/images/wallpapers for the series..i just mention this because i'm particularly looking for aniGIFs of kyon doing this typical or other similar aniGIFs that involve him shaking his head or something such as this one
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 05:23   Link #166
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbY
I seared for some topics regarding the guitar tabs for God Knows, but i haven't really found any topics regarding how to play it, since its quite a difficult song. Basically, a help topic for the God Knows, but i'm not sure how many people here actually plays guitar Thanks.
I assume that "God Knows" is the name for a specific music track. If so, then you are asking us to create a new thread for any and every possible music track out there? Maybe not...

Anyway, moved your post into the Suzumiya Haruhi Music discussion where it seems appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
this is just an idea..but because the "screen caps, images, wallpapers" thread is so huge..perhaps it would be easier for browsers and more organized to have a different thread for screencaps/images/wallpapers of specific characters.
Errrr, I don't think so. At what point do we stop making separate image threads, what about group shots, that would mean people would start to request separate threads for the more popular combinations. I don't really like the idea o 2 or 3 similar threads let alone who knows how many.

Why not just make your request in the existing thread? It's not a if you need to inspect every post in the thread before you make a request (well, it would be nice if you did but I don't think anyone else does ).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 09:16   Link #167
ApathyEcstasy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I assume that "God Knows" is the name for a specific music track. If so, then you are asking us to create a new thread for any and every possible music track out there? Maybe not...

Anyway, moved your post into the Suzumiya Haruhi Music discussion where it seems appropriate.


Errrr, I don't think so. At what point do we stop making separate image threads, what about group shots, that would mean people would start to request separate threads for the more popular combinations. I don't really like the idea o 2 or 3 similar threads let alone who knows how many.

Why not just make your request in the existing thread? It's not a if you need to inspect every post in the thread before you make a request (well, it would be nice if you did but I don't think anyone else does ).

hmm yeah that is a good idea..i was just really overwhelmed by the size of the thread and the huge variety of stuff in there...finding some stuff in particular would be the ol' needle in a haystack bit
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 15:42   Link #168
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
i just mention this because i'm particularly looking for aniGIFs of kyon
Actually what you're looking for is a "tagging" system.

What's need to accomplish something like this is the ability to Tag images/GIFs that are posted, and then to be able to Search the tags. Danbooru, an anime image database, does that and so do many Web 2.0 sites (thus, the Tag-clouds you see). It requires human participation. Everyone that posts an image would need to "tag" it. An example might be:


Tags: Suzumiya Haruhi, Episode #, Animated GIF, Kyon

I have seen a few forums that are now starting to use Tags for post content, but I'm not sure if vBulletin (this forum software) has anything like that. You can Search each thread. You might find a few of what you're looking for if people put keywords within their posts. The other obvious way to handle this is to archive all the GIFs/Images on a web-site or Blog or Wiki. Thus, you can break them out by character, episode, color of clothing, etc.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-07-23 at 15:56.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 11:13   Link #169
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
How about an Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006 thread, like the one in Mai-HiME/Otome subforum?
Since I did not get any volunteers for this, I'm not going to start a separate a thread in this forum. It seems unlikely to generate much discussion. There might be a "general results" thread for this tournament in the General Anime forum where you could pull Suzumiya Haruhi results from. The actual tournament seems quite interesting, so Iím hopeful that people will take up the torch and start a larger generalize thread.

Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 15:33   Link #170
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I don't know if this has been requested yet, but I'm quit sure there are plenty of Kyonists out there. How about a thread to discuss Kyonism? I'm sure there will be plenty of statements to support/refute such possibilities, and I'm interested to see people's opinions.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 16:02   Link #171
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing
I don't know if this has been requested yet, but I'm quit sure there are plenty of Kyonists out there. How about a thread to discuss Kyonism? I'm sure there will be plenty of statements to support/refute such possibilities, and I'm interested to see people's opinions.
I wasn't aware we had any Haruhism threads out there so asking for a Kyonist thread seems a bit pre-emptive

One problem is that it sounds too much like a "fan-club" thread for my liking (or at least sounds like it will turn into one).If you've not sure what we have against fan-clubs then you need to be familar with the Shuffle forum and the fan-clubs there.

Plus we already have the Character Discussuion thread.... Wait a minute, what happened to the Character Discussion thread, who stole it? OK, scratch that, we don't have a Character Discussion thread I'll just point you to an previous reply about a similar request.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 14:22   Link #172
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Just a reminder that since the series has completed, the forum will be moved from the Current Series Discussion to the Older Series Discussion sub-forum.

Nothing else will change, discussion is still welcome as usual and suggestions for new threads may still be requested.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 04:15   Link #173
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
The series will be licensed by ADV according to some posters at Otakon.
How about a new thread discussing the licensed version? How will the dubs compare (we all know dubs suck)? And a lot of people have mixed feelings regarding ADV..
Sources: http://bin.4chan.org/a/res/797721.html
http://anime.miao.us/archives/2006/08/04/846/
Kai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 18:19   Link #174
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai1
The series will be licensed by ADV according to some posters at Otakon.
How about a new thread discussing the licensed version? How will the dubs compare (we all know dubs suck)? And a lot of people have mixed feelings regarding ADV..
Sources: http://bin.4chan.org/a/res/797721.html
http://anime.miao.us/archives/2006/08/04/846/
You might eventually be right, but it looks like nobody has stepped up the plate yet:
Quote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=370

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya does not currently have a distributor, but Kadokawa has received several offers from companies; Sakuda expects it to be released in the US next year. With the first volume having sold 60,000 units in Japan, it is one of the most successful anime properties currently on the market.
Until an official announcement is made, it sounds like it is still unlicensed at this point. Personally, I hope that Geneon picks it up.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-08-05 at 18:56.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 20:38   Link #175
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Catgirls, if such a thread is created, will there be enough oversight to keep it from becoming a full out flame thread?? Because I don't want to read about childish posts proclaiming either dub "the best" and the baka counter-posts that would do the same (and then the reprisals for that, and then repeat ad infitum). And since Kai1 has showed us his feelings about dubs...

The best thing to do is to create a thread for the english dub discussion ONLY, since we've already talked to death the Japanese dub.
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 22:57   Link #176
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
Catgirls, if such a thread is created, will there be enough oversight to keep it from becoming a full out flame thread?? Because I don't want to read about childish posts proclaiming either dub "the best" and the baka counter-posts that would do the same (and then the reprisals for that, and then repeat ad infitum). And since Kai1 has showed us his feelings about dubs...

The best thing to do is to create a thread for the english dub discussion ONLY, since we've already talked to death the Japanese dub.
dubs discussions have always been a heated topic but it does not have to end up in flame wars. There can always be argumentative points discussing the various aspects of the dub, the pros and cons or if it will live up to the original. Threads are moderated anyway, so "childish" posts simply proclaiming one or the other without naming reasons or supportive arguments will not last long.

Well, right now there is nothing much to discuss about the english dub, as it is not out yet. We can only speculate about the licensing of the series.
Kai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 03:21   Link #177
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I posted here that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
@C.A.: RIUVA, Orochi's comment. Lol, yes I'm gonna get my whole block watching it by maxing the volume at 11pm. One thing tho, what if they SCREW it up by releasing the episodes in Chronological order??
if a certain salesman can be trusted, ODEX, a local anime distributor has bought or at least plans to buy rights to show SHnY in Singapore. Do you think its still too early to open a licensing thread to discuss any fears and hopes for a licensed Haruhi Suzumiya? If not, could I continue a discussion on it in the General Discussion Thread?

Unfortunately, I can't verify it yet, as there's no news about it on their site; so I'm not too sure. Thanks!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 04:19   Link #178
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
if a certain salesman can be trusted, ODEX, a local anime distributor has bought or at least plans to buy rights to show SHnY in Singapore. Do you think its still too early to open a licensing thread to discuss any fears and hopes for a licensed Haruhi Suzumiya? If not, could I continue a discussion on it in the General Discussion Thread?
If I remember properly ODEX (in Singapore) normally release anime with English subtitles. They are a bit of an exception to our usual licensed policy (it rather depends on the release and a few other issues). So I would prefer we still hold off a "licensed" thread at this point in time.

As such, I think it would be a good idea if you did you use the General Discussion thread as you suggested.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 03:03   Link #179
mugener
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Poll: Have you watch Suzumiya Haruhi again, with right(Haruhi's) order?

1) Yes, and I think Haruhi's order is better then Kyon's.

2) Yes, but I think Kyon's order is better then Haruhi's.

3) I only watch it in Kyon's order.

4) I only watch it in Haruhi's order.
mugener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 03:20   Link #180
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Actually I think there is potential in that idea. I'm going to create a thread very similar to your suggestion.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.