AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-06-05, 19:52   Link #181
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Here's a post from a while ago where I noted the difference between the hi-res and the normal version:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=434

The hi-res version isn't HD (it if was, the file size would've been ridiculous). I heard Chiba TV is offering HD contents for their programs, but I don't think that applies to this either.

The important thing is that the hi-res versions do look far better than the regular 704x396 versions, that's all that matters to me.
File size of rips have nothing to do with whether it was originally broadcast in HD or not. Obviously it's compressed by the guys who release these rips. H.264 and Divx 5 can easily compress 25 minutes of 720p video to 400 or even 300 megs. It's not a pristine master quality result, but it does the job. Being in 1280x720 resolution makes a video file high definition, period. The question is whether this is merely created through software scaling by the guys who rip the episodes and put out the torrents(call it cheating if you will), or if it is broadcast natively in HD in Japan.

The fact that there is noticable increase in detail(not just sharpness) in the HD releases leads me to believe that this show was produced and broadcast in HD. If it is just upsampling, kudos to the guys who do it, because it's some of the best results I've seen in upscaled series.
Old 2006-06-06, 00:00   Link #182
velocity7

From what I can tell visually so to speak, all the 1280x720 versions of the Haruhi episodes look like they were simply upscaled, and don't really show any more detail than what's shown in the initial 704x396 versions. .hack//Roots and Ergo Proxy are good examples of the HD resolution actually being taken advantage of.
Old 2006-06-06, 06:35   Link #183
rainz
original vampire

I also couldn't really see any extra details from the 1280x720 versions apart from the increased sharpness. They sure do look good though.

If there's upscaling involved, I guess the question is where that process took place. If it's done by either Kyoto Animation or by the TV channel, at the source, so to speak, then it's understandable that the quality is this high. If it's really done by the guys who ripped the episode, then kudos to them indeed. I wasn't able to get near their level of quality through some uprezzing effort of my own, but of course this is probably also because I'm dealing with compressed files.
rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 07:10   Link #184
NeoSam

The second volume of the manga will be out soon (26/6/2006).

I added its cover to the post with all the light novel and manga covers, which is on the first page of this thread.
Old 2006-06-15, 18:56   Link #185
Biswa

Quick question that i don't know how to search for because i am either lazy or stupid. Enlighten me -- is the story, as far the the novels go, completed? Or are they still releasing novels, thus no definite end to the series yet?
Biswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 19:13   Link #186
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Currently volume 8 was just release, and from people who have read it, it's not the last one either.

Old 2006-06-15, 19:17   Link #187
Biswa

Yikes! That'll translate to a lot of episodes, and considering how crazy good the animation for this show is, i doubt they'll make a lot of seaons of this stuff, right? ohh man, from what i've seen i really like the show but... oh well! Thanks, GTO.
Biswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 19:49   Link #188
Aiya Kasai

Eh...does anyone know?

Does anyone know what the main site is for Suzumiya Haruhi? Sorry if this has already been asked...but my sister can't remember the site name
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 20:56   Link #189
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya Kasai
Does anyone know what the main site is for Suzumiya Haruhi? Sorry if this has already been asked...but my sister can't remember the site name
The official site is here:

http://www.haruhi.tv/

Kyoto Animation's site is here:

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/haruhi/

Both of those are Japanese.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 18:48   Link #190
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

So, can someone spoil me to death by telling me
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 18:58   Link #191
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
So, can someone spoil me to death by telling me
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 19:28   Link #192
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Spoiler:

Nah, I know that much myself. I just want to know more. And spoiling won`t affect me cos most likely I will never read all novels lol.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:18   Link #193
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
Nah, I know that much myself. I just want to know more. And spoiling won`t affect me cos most likely I will never read all novels lol.
Kinny Riddle spoils it all here (up to volume 6): http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...49&postcount=4

Be prepared to be wowed!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 01:27   Link #194
Aiya Kasai

I am going to ask a very good question that I have been wondering!!!! Is there any other girls here except for me and my sis. I mean I see all these guys thinking Haruhi in a maid's outfit is hot...but where are the fangirls? I mean for Kyon(cough)...never hear anything about him (cough sarcasim for that comment cough).

*looks around* anyone...? anyone..?
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 02:11   Link #195
diopter

edited: Got my answer albeit unexpectedly .

Last edited by diopter; 2006-06-22 at 09:32.
diopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 04:56   Link #196
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
Kinny Riddle spoils it all here (up to volume 6): http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...49&postcount=4

Be prepared to be wowed!

Arghhhh! Confusing! I had to read it like 3 times before I finally understood (well, english is not my national language so it may be my crappy language skills`fault lol xD)
Old 2006-06-21, 12:09   Link #197
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya Kasai
I am going to ask a very good question that I have been wondering!!!! Is there any other girls here except for me and my sis. I mean I see all these guys thinking Haruhi in a maid's outfit is hot...but where are the fangirls? I mean for Kyon(cough)...never hear anything about him (cough sarcasim for that comment cough).

*looks around* anyone...? anyone..?
I'm pretty sure we have a handful of femme regular posters but I can't list them off the top of my head. Meh.... just carry on about Kyon and Itsuki. They are a rare breed in anime: guys that real girls might be attracted to.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 00:03   Link #198
ApathyEcstasy

how many novels are released?

how many novels are there planned in total?

does the series only span the first novel?

for those that have read the novels or at least some of them, do kyon and suzumiya develop a relationship farther down the road?
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 00:26   Link #199
LCeh

There are 8 novels released.

I don't think there is a set number of novels planned yet.

The series kind of goes all over the place, but it's mainly concentrated in the first novel (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu), where 6 episodes are made from it. Other episodes are sort of randomly taken from other novels.

And for your last question, do you mean a romantic relationship?
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 00:34   Link #200
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
There are 8 novels released.

I don't think there is a set number of novels planned yet.

The series kind of goes all over the place, but it's mainly concentrated in the first novel (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu), where 6 episodes are made from it. Other episodes are sort of randomly taken from other novels.

And for your last question, do you mean a romantic relationship?
yeah i mean a romantic relationship

also..another question...how many years does the 8 novels span...in the time in the anime
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote