AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-05-08, 15:39   Link #101
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Rider's Arms
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I said two letters ... don't go trying to catch me with technicalities :P

And if you could pm me the answer to that one person's question about

Spoiler:


that would be good
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 16:55   Link #102
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
I said two letters ... don't go trying to catch me with technicalities :P

And if you could pm me the answer to that one person's question about

Spoiler:


that would be good
I've pm'ed you and Kazu-kun the first part of my Suzumiya theory...second part tomorrow I'm tired now...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 22:59   Link #103
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
If we trace back Haruhi's history, we can tell this much:
Spoiler for vol.1 + 4 + I don't remember:


By the way, it appears that for the DVD release, the episode ordering will be different from the anime. Which means... they're probably putting the episodes back into the right order (Haruhi's order by the timeline) for the DVDs.
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 11:20   Link #104
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Please remember people this thread is for Questions, Answers and General Facts in some cases: not personal chats. If you have a question, ask it. If you have an answer to the question, post it. If you have some factual information, feel free to post it as well (so that I can add it to the FAQ). Otherwise, please post in another thread or request a new thread for a topic you're interested in. If you're answering a question here and it’s a Spoiler for the rest of the series, use Spoiler Tags and specify where the spoiler is from (i.e., novel, magazine, psychic transmission, etc...).

General theories & speculation should go here: Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation.

Thanks. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 04:41   Link #105
yura`
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Asia Pacific
Age: 26
so can anyone just explain to me what exactly happen 3 years ago? i don't mind a lengthy, 'spoiler-filled' answer; on the contrary, i find that it helps me enjoy the anime a lot more as i understand the "holes" in the sequence of the anime episodes. arigatou gozaimasu!
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 11:39   Link #106
Argent
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yura`
so can anyone just explain to me what exactly happen 3 years ago? i don't mind a lengthy, 'spoiler-filled' answer; on the contrary, i find that it helps me enjoy the anime a lot more as i understand the "holes" in the sequence of the anime episodes. arigatou gozaimasu!
I'll slip this under a spoiler tag for propriety's sake

Spoiler:


If there is anything else, it hasn't made it's way into English yet.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 16:41   Link #107
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent
I'll slip this under a spoiler tag for propriety's sake

Spoiler:


If there is anything else, it hasn't made it's way into English yet.
That...
Spoiler:
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 17:47   Link #108
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
By the way, it appears that for the DVD release, the episode ordering will be different from the anime. Which means... they're probably putting the episodes back into the right order (Haruhi's order by the timeline) for the DVDs.
That's almost a shame but also fricking fascinating if true.

It'd be really interesting if you could choose between two menus --- original order or Suzumiya order
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 18:31   Link #109
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Which means they're going to need to totally re-do the next episode voice overs. I wonder if they'll put something interesting in there?
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 18:42   Link #110
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
Which means they're going to need to totally re-do the next episode voice overs. I wonder if they'll put something interesting in there?
Isn't it obvious? The boke & tsukkomi role will swap.

Kyon: "Next episode, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, episode 5!"
Haruhi: "Wrong! Get your head out of the clouds baka Kyon! Next episode, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, episode 3! Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu III! Eh? Denpa?"

Something like that?
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 04:16   Link #111
keke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
I have a small question about episode 1

Spoiler:
keke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 05:07   Link #112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by keke
I have a small question about episode 1

Spoiler:
That is not a small question.

Spoiler:
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 11:21   Link #113
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hey people. Your pal Catgirls here.

Please, use Spoiler Tags and CLEARLY mark (i.e., use the title feature shown below) where your spoilers are from (novels, magazine, telepathy, friend, etc…) if you're kindly answering a question or adding interesting facts to our burgeoning FAQ. Here's a quick reminder of how to use Spoiler Tags.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=This Is The Spoiler Title]Add your spoiler text here.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for This Is The Spoiler Title:


It's always a good habit to use Spoiler Tags even if it's slightly spoiler-ish. Thanks tons. Be well. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 10:34   Link #114
LegendsEnd
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Any news of an OST for any of the music (op/ed/battle themes from ep 1/etc)?
LegendsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 16:37   Link #115
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Question: why doesn't Kyon wonder about Mikuru? (I know I do...)

I mean, he said it himself: she looks like she'd be useless even with a weapon. She flinches and cowers all the time. So why was she, of all people, chose to go back into the past?

Yuki was made by weird beings, so even if she's far from perfect, one can think she was the best the data entities could do with their limited understanding of human condition.

Itsuki's powers were given out randomly, and not to many people. Maybe he was the only high schooler or something. So it's not too odd if he has a weird body language.

But Mikuru came from the future. They should have had a planetful of people to pick from, so why did they select her?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 16:47   Link #116
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Rider's Arms
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Question: why doesn't Kyon wonder about Mikuru? (I know I do...)

I mean, he said it himself: she looks like she'd be useless even with a weapon. She flinches and cowers all the time. So why was she, of all people, chose to go back into the past?

Yuki was made by weird beings, so even if she's far from perfect, one can think she was the best the data entities could do with their limited understanding of human condition.

Itsuki's powers were given out randomly, and not to many people. Maybe he was the only high schooler or something. So it's not too odd if he has a weird body language.

But Mikuru came from the future. They should have had a planetful of people to pick from, so why did they select her?
I don't have factual evidence ... but maybe it's because she's the best type to get close to Kyon (everyone's said he's a key after all; I think this is the most likely)? And she's a pushover so they know that she wouldn't cause any big showdowns with Haruhi. That's my opinion.
__________________

PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 16:52   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Question: why doesn't Kyon wonder about Mikuru? (I know I do...)

I mean, he said it himself: she looks like she'd be useless even with a weapon. She flinches and cowers all the time. So why was she, of all people, chose to go back into the past?

Yuki was made by weird beings, so even if she's far from perfect, one can think she was the best the data entities could do with their limited understanding of human condition.

Itsuki's powers were given out randomly, and not to many people. Maybe he was the only high schooler or something. So it's not too odd if he has a weird body language.

But Mikuru came from the future. They should have had a planetful of people to pick from, so why did they select her?
Only my theory but, one word: EXPENDABLE

She's clearly junior rank, no authorization, no weapons -- just observe and report.
Survival is not even a requirement I'd say.


In Itsuki's case... it may have had something to do an initially receptive state of mind. I bet he was almost as serene before he awakened
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 07:58   Link #118
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Ever noticed why Kyon adores Mikuru so much? It has nothing to do with being expendable or the sort.

Spoiler for volume 2:
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 10:48   Link #119
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Where did this show come from and why the heck is it suddenly in almost everybody's sig. Secondly how good can a show be to suddenly jump to near first place on ANN all time anime ranking in less than a month and after only 7 episodes. I'm sorry but I'm just really confused is this a fad or something.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 11:00   Link #120
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Where did this show come from and why the heck is it suddenly in almost everybody's sig. Secondly how good can a show be to suddenly jump to near first place on ANN all time anime ranking in less than a month and after only 7 episodes. I'm sorry but I'm just really confused is this a fad or something.
Haruhiism is more than a just fad, its a whole new religion.

The show comes from a set of novels written by Tanigawa Nagaru, its an award winning novel.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.