AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 19:13   Link #1581
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
when will we get the high definition of suzumiya haruhi movie??
at what month??
Kadokawa has not listed a date for home release yet. The only confirmation of anything we have so far is a DVD release from Bandai Entertainment for the R1 region and that press release said the date was not fixed.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 00:00   Link #1582
Kudryavka

Why did KyoAni have the original Haruhi episodes air in a mucked up order? It seems it would be quite annoying.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 00:05   Link #1583
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Haruhi did it. (this is just guessing)

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 01:36   Link #1584
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
The original novels weren't in chronological order either, so they decided to play on that.

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 08:48   Link #1585
CrowKenobi

Besides, which episode was a better ending for the 2006 run: Someday in the Rain or Melancholy VI?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 11:12   Link #1586
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
I'd personally disagree that the broadcast order was annoying, but then I loved "Endless Eight" too. I find unconventional things like that fascinating. Memento is one of my favourite films for similar reasons.
Old 2010-05-04, 23:10   Link #1587
Siggrodoth

I'd really love for someone to tell me

Spoiler for tenth novel:

Thanks.
Old 2010-05-04, 23:22   Link #1588
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggrodoth View Post
I'd really love for someone to tell me

Spoiler for tenth novel:

Thanks.
Since they haven't played out yet, we can only speculate, but there are enough clues (and also genre tropes) to make a pretty good guess.

Spoiler for And the speculation is...:
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 08:20   Link #1589
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Since they haven't played out yet, we can only speculate, but there are enough clues (and also genre tropes) to make a pretty good guess.

Spoiler for And the speculation is...:
Spoiler:

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2010-05-09 at 09:11.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 19:11   Link #1590
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I remember there being something mentioned about the 10th novel and April 30th just now, so I went into the Novel thread to see what exactly was up . . . but I caught the word spoiler and some other things and got really scared to read anything else. After flipping through pages trying to scan something important and not read, I think there's . . . actually something from the 10th novel out? Can someone tell me what's going on without even the slightest bit of a spoiler?
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 19:19   Link #1591
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I remember there being something mentioned about the 10th novel and April 30th just now, so I went into the Novel thread to see what exactly was up . . . but I caught the word spoiler and some other things and got really scared to read anything else. After flipping through pages trying to scan something important and not read, I think there's . . . actually something from the 10th novel out? Can someone tell me what's going on without even the slightest bit of a spoiler?
There was the first chapter of the tenth novel released in the June 2010 edition of "The Sneaker" on April 30th. One of our members has released a translation of said chapter and that is under discussion via spoiler tags. There was also notice that Kadokawa will attempt to release the rest of the novel by the end of this year.

Old 2010-05-11, 20:22   Link #1592
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

. . . . . . . I'm glad I was able to resist my urge to actually read something in that thread. Thanks for the answer.

So, the first chapter's out. And the book might be out in English before the year is up. Awesome news. That's made my week.

When's the novel going to be out in Japan?
Old 2010-05-11, 23:03   Link #1593
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
. . . . . . . I'm glad I was able to resist my urge to actually read something in that thread. Thanks for the answer.

So, the first chapter's out. And the book might be out in English before the year is up. Awesome news. That's made my week.

When's the novel going to be out in Japan?

I think that's backwards. The book might be out in Japan before the year is up. If we're lucky, we'll have unofficial English translations when the book comes out, but that will depend on interest and availability and whatnot of potential translators.
Old 2010-05-11, 23:45   Link #1594
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Yea, you're right. For whatever reason I read that as the name of the English publishers that are translating the books, even though I don't know their names and Kadokawa is obviously not an English one. >_>
Old 2010-05-12, 10:27   Link #1595
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

FWIW, the English publisher is Hachette Book Group's Little, Brown division, via the Yen Press imprint.

(oh, la, there are so many hierarchies in publishing. All three of these levels and Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko are printed on the covers. At least for the first two paperbacks, I presume it's the same for the hardcover versions as well.)
Old 2010-06-04, 14:54   Link #1596
gao

what next?

Is there going to be another season of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya??
gao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 15:29   Link #1597
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by gao View Post
Is there going to be another season of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya??
Due to the success of the movie, it's highly likely that there will be another animated adaption from the Haruhi Suzumiya series. Whether that adaptation will still continue the title of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" or the date at which it will be released has not been revealed yet and likely has not been decided.

Old 2010-06-04, 22:48   Link #1598
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Due to the success of the movie, it's highly likely that there will be another animated adaption from the Haruhi Suzumiya series. Whether that adaptation will still continue the title of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" or the date at which it will be released has not been revealed yet and likely has not been decided.
At a minimum, any such series would start production after Kyoto Animation completes the second season of K-ON!! Since K-ON!! is getting some ridiculous number of episodes this go-around (I think its 26, and we've just gotten through episode 9,) any follow-up season of Haruhi won't happen until, at least, winter of this year.
Old 2010-06-04, 23:10   Link #1599
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
At a minimum, any such series would start production after Kyoto Animation completes the second season of K-ON!! Since K-ON!! is getting some ridiculous number of episodes this go-around (I think its 26, and we've just gotten through episode 9,) any follow-up season of Haruhi won't happen until, at least, winter of this year.
Apologies that this isn't in the future speculation thread.

"K-On!!" is getting a two coup run, meaning it will range between 24-26 episodes aired with 27 on the 9 volumes released on disc. After that Kyoto Animation has confirmed to work on "Nichijou" (Kadokawa's next work with KyoAni). If they follow their trend, then the following work after Nichijou will be a work from Pony Canyon and then we should have the next chance for a new Haruhi series since they will take a Kadokawa work after that. If everything following "K-On!!" is a single coup, then the earliest we could see Haruhi would be Spring 2011, which would fit into the pattern of their Haruhi TV anime adaptations.

To sum up what could happen if the trend continues as in the past:
Spring-Summer 2010: K-On!! (confirmed)
Fall 2010: Nichijou (show confirmed, timeslot not confirmed)
Winter 2010/Spring 2011: Pony Canyon work
Spring 2011/Summer 2011/Fall 2011: Kadokawa work (next chance for a Haruhi series)

Of course the series could be released as OVAs or additional movies, which would complicate matters, so speculation is simply that.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-14 at 15:31.
Old 2010-07-12, 10:13   Link #1600
Vree

What happened to Harupedia?

They had quite decent comic collections, but the site hasn't been loading for quite a few months, so I can only assume that they are gone?
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote