AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 18:26   Link #1641
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Great, thanks a lot. I wish KyoAni did that in the first place but they had their reasons.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 11:59   Link #1642
wistfulloner

Has there been any word or speculation on future Haruhi anime seasons? I really can't let go of Haruhi, even after the film. The premise, characters and shit are just so awesome, better than all the generic fan-service or pure hentai shows out there.

They could animate The Dissociation, bring the other characters into play. I'm fine with whatever Kyoani puts out as long as its not another E8.
wistfulloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 14:57   Link #1643
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Given how much of a cash cow this franchise is, there is next to no doubt they will make a third and probably also a fourth season.

No actual confirmation, though.

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 17:18   Link #1644
Magnificate

Trivia Question: Are the favourite foods of the characters known?
Magnificate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 19:58   Link #1645
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Given how much of a cash cow this franchise is, there is next to no doubt they will make a third and probably also a fourth season.

No actual confirmation, though.
Maybe they'll just decide to stop because of "artistic direction" much like other good shows.

Oh wait, but most good anime aren't cash cows...
wistfulloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 23:24   Link #1646
iloveryoma

hi exactly how many seasons are there i mean i just finished the 1st season and is there an order of how you watch them i'd love if you could tell me
iloveryoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 23:43   Link #1647
ijuinkun

The number of "seasons" is a bit hard to pin down because although the series was released in two groups of episodes 3 years apart, Kyoto Animation refers to them as a single season. Anyway, there are 28 episodes in total, plus the "Disappearance" movie (equal in length to about 6 episodes).
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 10:46   Link #1648
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

what is sos websites id and password for this?

http://www.sosbrigade.com/members/login.php
Old 2011-06-18, 21:01   Link #1649
commando

ok I just finished the 7th novel, and I got a new questions for you experts :d

Spoiler:
commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 23:34   Link #1650
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
ok I just finished the 7th novel, and I got a new questions for you experts :d

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-20, 16:29   Link #1651
jamieS

I have not read the entire thread because an 83 page thread seems daunting, so forgive me if this has already been asked.

I have just ordered a copy of the first novel in english because I can not read Japanese , so I wanted to know if anyone who has read the copies in English think they are good compared to the original?

I have just started to learn Japanese, so hopefully I will be able to read the original novels eventually, but I don't think I can wait that long

Also, any ideas about how well I will need to be able to read Japanese before I can attempt to read the Japanese novels?
jamieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 20:14   Link #1652
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieS View Post
I have not read the entire thread because an 83 page thread seems daunting, so forgive me if this has already been asked.

I have just ordered a copy of the first novel in english because I can not read Japanese , so I wanted to know if anyone who has read the copies in English think they are good compared to the original?

I have just started to learn Japanese, so hopefully I will be able to read the original novels eventually, but I don't think I can wait that long

Also, any ideas about how well I will need to be able to read Japanese before I can attempt to read the Japanese novels?
I can't read Japanese either and am embarrassingly slow at the learning part, but I think the official English translation of the novels is quite good. It was easy to understand and had the same sort of feel that the anime had, and also some bits were explained better than in the fan translation I'd read before (going by my faulty memory).

I suspect, because it's a light novel, you'll need to be fairly proficient at reading Japanese before you attempt, but only because of the complicated words and puns that it has... but you probably won't need the proficiency required for a work of fancy literature, since the paragraphs and sentences tend to be shorter. The whole point of the light novel is that it's quick and easy to read, as I understand. But definitely more ability than to read any old shoujo or shounen manga.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 22:11   Link #1653
ijuinkun

To fluently read at the level of light novels like Haruhi, you need roughly the equivalent of finishing two years of Japanese language class at the college level (i.e. the fourth semester), or at least 3 years of high-school level. What this really means is that you need a certain number of hours spent studying it--about one thousand hours altogether. If you want to try squeezing a thousand hours of studying into seven months (five hours every day) then you can learn it in seven months. If you want to spend only an hour a day, then it will take you two and a half years. Go at the speed that feels comfortable to you.

If this seems like a long time to you, it is. Then again, it took 12-14 hours of learning per day for most of the first three to four years of your life to learn your native language, so maybe this isn't so long by comparison.
Old 2011-06-21, 07:42   Link #1654
jamieS

Thank you for the replies.
5 hours a day sounds feasible, I'll go get started now....
Old 2011-06-22, 06:01   Link #1655
jamieS

I got my copy of the first novel...or so I thought.
I didn't read the description properly and it turned out to be the manga, which is ok, but I wanted to get the novel.
After I realised this I went back to www.amazon.co.uk to buy the actual novel, but the only copies of it I could find are used, so my question is: Where can I buy a new copy of the novels in the UK?

It might be that I have the novel and manga in one book, but that would mean that the novel is only 14 pages long(A5 size), so I am not sure this is right.

Last edited by jamieS; 2011-06-22 at 06:04. Reason: left out information
Old 2011-06-22, 08:24   Link #1656
Launch
Bug Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieS View Post
I got my copy of the first novel...or so I thought.
I didn't read the description properly and it turned out to be the manga, which is ok, but I wanted to get the novel.
After I realised this I went back to www.amazon.co.uk to buy the actual novel, but the only copies of it I could find are used, so my question is: Where can I buy a new copy of the novels in the UK?

It might be that I have the novel and manga in one book, but that would mean that the novel is only 14 pages long(A5 size), so I am not sure this is right.
If you want to buy online, definitely try The Book Depository. They have all the novels/manga/etc, plus free worldwide shipping.

I don't know about any local retailers... but this website is what I use. (they don't sell these books in Australia, at least not in any of my local bookstores :P). Anyway, hope that helped.
Launch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 20:56   Link #1657
ocha3

Hi everyone This is kind of my first post on these forums...

I was just wondering, are we allowed to post translations on here? I'm on semester break and don't really have many classes until I go on exchange to Japan in September, so I've got a little bit more spare time than usual. I read the short story 'Rainy Day' a few days ago in the extra book that came with my copies of the latest Haruhi novels, and thought that if it hasn't been done on the forums (and if it's allowed) it would be fun to translate for everyone~
ocha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 22:37   Link #1658
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocha3 View Post
Hi everyone This is kind of my first post on these forums...

I was just wondering, are we allowed to post translations on here? I'm on semester break and don't really have many classes until I go on exchange to Japan in September, so I've got a little bit more spare time than usual. I read the short story 'Rainy Day' a few days ago in the extra book that came with my copies of the latest Haruhi novels, and thought that if it hasn't been done on the forums (and if it's allowed) it would be fun to translate for everyone~
See the little "L" next to the thread name for the novel? That means it's licensed in the US. Which means you are not allowed to post or link to any substantial translation of the work.

The More You Know . . . (insert star with rainbow here.)
Old 2011-08-02, 19:33   Link #1659
Kyuu
=^^=

Speculate:

* Haruhi has special universal powers capable of destroying the universe, yet unbeknownst to her.

* Madoka has universal powers who attained active control of that power.

Question: Who's more powerful? Haruhi vs Madoka.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 23:59   Link #1660
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Question: Who's more powerful? Haruhi vs Madoka.
Neither. They're both omnipotent, so they both can alter the world however they deem fit. The fact that Haruhi is ignorant about her power doesn't decrease her abilities in the slightest.