AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-08-01, 07:46   Link #181
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Ah I guess that's what my friend got me. He told me he lined up at Animate and got some special booklet thing. Any idea what it looks like?
Here's a scan of the cover:

It's slightly smaller than a DVD case, 24 pages in total. There isn't really any text, just VA / character names on the relevant pages. Still, it has considerably more content than the actual DVD liner notes, and the photos look pretty cool (I still have to watch the DVD, I've spent most of the time since I got back catching up on sleep).
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 08:25   Link #182
leungw

Yahoo auction with more pictures of the booklet:
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/104492479

Looks like some people got a desk calendar?
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b78302624
leungw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 13:43   Link #183
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

The Gekisou DVD was #6 on the DVD charts in its first week. That's the general DVD chart. If it had been included on the music DVD chart, it would have been #1, since the #1 music DVD ranked #13 on the general chart.

The top DVD was Code Geass 7, with Lucky Star 2 at #2. Next came a variety show by the cast of a Korean drama, then StrikerS 1, then the US film The Pursuit of Happiness, then Gekisou. With two DVDs in the top six, Aya just becomes more of a hot property. The word "property" makes me feel funny, though. On 2channel, some posts keep saying her agency is pushing her too hard. From things she said on the DVD and elsewhere, I think Aya, much as she likes it, is surprised by her popularity, too.

I looked back at Nana's Live Museum x Universe DVD for comparison, and it was #5 on the general chart and #2 on the music chart when it came out. I can't find sales figures for a better comparison. And the chart longevity of the two may differ, as well.

In Chihara Minori news, there is an interview with her on the Seiyuu Grand Prix website, to do with her singing the OP for the new PS2 version of the game Suika, on the game's vocal CD. The interview is in Japanese, but non-Japanese speakers might also find the little video of her interesting. It's in Japanese, too, but it's interesting to see her do a minute promo for the CD.

There are some good photos of Minorin on her blog recently. here's one:

MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-01 at 14:13.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 21:38   Link #184
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Oh gawd meganekko.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 00:42   Link #185
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Yeah, Minorin is definately the cutest

Finally got to see the 1st half of Gekisou. This is the first time I've ever seen a Japanese concert, much less a Japanese concert with seiyu. Was quite an experience.

Part 1 had it's ups and downs. The "notable scenes (名場面)" parts for each character were meh at best. Especially later on, it seemed mostly, "er.... what should I say?" But, the parts where the seiyu show off their forte, acting, but in live action (skits, 寸劇), was where things really picked up. I'm note sure if I'm understanding it right, but are the seiyu under the mercy of the narrator? i.e. ".... and she does the Mikuru-beam!!"

Key Quotes:
Kyon: ”Hm.... glasses, eh...” (Minorin had her glasses on)
Kyon: ”顔が近い。ア,ア,アクセスのライブみたいんだ。” (Did I hear this right?)
Shiraishi: ”にょろん! Smoked cheese"

Note: Suzumiya is where Shiraishi really took off, right? I was looking for Aya, but Shiraishi was the one who really caught my eye. He is a really good entertainer (not to mention an interesting seiyu). Thoroughly enjoyed him on stage. Actually, the male seiyus were so much more enjoyable.

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-08-02 at 01:02.
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 16:13   Link #186
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
The Japanese concert Wiki actually lists tons of jokes by Sugita Tomokazu and Ono Daisuke. Sugita was like non-stop with cracking Gundam-related jokes.

Shiraishi, Ono, Sugita, they absolutely hilarious.
Shirashi as Kakricon: "AMERIA!!!!!"

eggplant: My sentiments exactly, except for my case it's the horrible AX concert, which is held 100x poorer than Gekisou. I still had a blast of a time, because it's LIVE Haruhi. Do I regret lining up 10+ hours in the scorching Southern California sun or spending $50 for that premier ticket to a bad concert? No. I'd make the same choice again. It's not about good planning or good choreography or whatever. For me, it's fanboyism and I'm not afraid to say it. Each person is entitled to his or her opinion.

Simon & leungw: ok thanks. The reason why I asked because I spent a hefty money at Otakon buying a Gekisou booklet (seems like it's something they sold only at the concert) so I was worried that it was the same thing. Looks like it's not, thanks.

The desktop calendar is the bonus you get if you ordered online from chara-ani.

If you go to the Yahoo books page of the photo album, it has some (hot) samples of the book, please an interview. Nothing too special there, except Hirano saying her normal way of speaking is more like Konata than Haruhi, that she likes reading Juuni Kokuki (12 Kingdoms).

http://books.yahoo.co.jp/book_detail/31926960/

The samples look amazing. Can't wait until I get my hands on my copy on the 10th when my friend comes back from Japan
Old 2007-08-02, 17:27   Link #187
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Shirashi, Ono and Sugita were practically walking Cospa advertisements with what they were wearing in the first half.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:39   Link #188
leungw

I got my copies.

I put one on eBay, hopefully to even out the shipping cost a bit.
Old 2007-08-04, 03:20   Link #189
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I haven't finished watching the 2nd half yet, but a few initial comments:
  • Hirano Aya really, REALLY seems to be enjoying herself. She isn't the greatest singer, and to be frank her voice lacks to "booming power," but what the heck she's having fun!
  • Sugita, I liked your wig from the first half. Plain Sugita looks waaay too much like a tsukkomi comedian
Old 2007-08-04, 11:40   Link #190
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Even with the Char get-up, he's still a tsukkomi comedian. lol

My Gekisou DVD just arrived in express mail today.
Today shall be reserved for viewing.

Last edited by W-General; 2007-08-05 at 09:34.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 09:07   Link #191
Claymore_Obsessed

Oh my, being there at Gekisou must have been incredibly great

Aya looks (and probably IS ) superhuman, If I hadn't seen her performance with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it...

Yuko Goto's smile is so heartwarming. She looks really happy! dudududu pah!

I really enjoyed Chihara Minoru's performance, her songs always move me every time, but watching her singing almost moved me to tears.
Because she forgot her lyrics I really feel sympathy, I'd say she deserves my extra appreciation this time
Old 2007-08-27, 06:39   Link #192
leungw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
I really enjoyed Chihara Minoru's performance, her songs always move me every time, but watching her singing almost moved me to tears.
Because she forgot her lyrics I really feel sympathy, I'd say she deserves my extra appreciation this time
Are you talking about her first song? I don't think she forgot the lyrics. I think she just jump started and had to wait to sync up with the music again.
Old 2007-08-28, 16:32   Link #193
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Today (8/28) is the lovely Gotou Yuuko's birthday!
Her age is still not revealed, but I think she's in her late 20s.
At AX when someone asked "Where do you envision yourself 10 years later" she answered "Being at my age, I hope 10 years later I'd be long married!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOTOU YUUKO!
Old 2007-08-29, 14:46   Link #194
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leungw View Post
Are you talking about her first song? I don't think she forgot the lyrics. I think she just jump started and had to wait to sync up with the music again.
well, after accurate re-listening I agree with you, it's loss of sync. Gomen ne

and happy birthday to Gotou-san! ^^

This site says she was born in 1980, I don't know if that's reliable...
Old 2007-08-29, 22:05   Link #195
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leungw View Post
She jump-started because she switched up the Yuki dialogue, she said "Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou yokosou" or something; the original line was longer than that which made her mistime the cue to start singing. That's my theory

Anyway, I still love Minori <3 ^_^ and yes, her hand motions are hypnotizing... @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
well, after accurate re-listening I agree with you, it's loss of sync. Gomen ne

and happy birthday to Gotou-san! ^^

This site says she was born in 1980, I don't know if that's reliable...
I should've asked her out on a date when I got her autograph at AX xD lol just to be random. But I hope she and Aya & Minori recieved my sketches I drew for them.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 08:27   Link #196
leungw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
She jump-started because she switched up the Yuki dialogue, she said "Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou yokosou" or something; the original line was longer than that which made her mistime the cue to start singing. That's my theory
Great minds think alike.
Old 2008-01-12, 15:26   Link #197
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Here's something to looks out for around next week:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ann-tv/2008-01-12

At the end of that episode, the guys from ANNtv will interview the cast for next week's episode!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 09:10   Link #198
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
And here it is!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ann-tv/2008-01-19

Seems like Yuko Goto wanted to do dubs for foreign films.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 17:29   Link #199
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
And here it is!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ann-tv/2008-01-19

Seems like Yuko Goto wanted to do dubs for foreign films.
Why am I not surprised that she likes "Godfather"?

Heh.
Old 2008-02-22, 21:23   Link #200
brocko

So um... yea... i just found out that Aya has got short hair now.
http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2008/0...ired-aaya.html

Surprisingly she looks a bit like Selphie from FFVIII imo. Must be the yellow dress/top she's wearing lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote