AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-28, 01:04   Link #181
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Well Kyon's lack of name has always been a mystery and has already been taken as part of the plot by almost everyone.

But his lack of name also creates a unique character for him. Narrators usually don't have a name, and when they do have names, they are most likely a 3rd person to the story. But Kyon is like a narrator who is also the main character, very rare.

Well for birthdays, we may not have a need to know, but I can think of many reasons for why the characters may have a need to know.

For example: Its Haruhi's birthday, the SOS-dan gets her a cake. She blows the candles and makes a wish, imagine what would happen lol
---------

Anyone knows when is the release date for the 3rd volume of the manga?
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 02:30   Link #182
no common sense
Resident Asshole
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
More views.
Craftsmanship like that can't be mass produced. If one of those hits ebay I think it would sell for at least four figures.
__________________
no common sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 03:14   Link #183
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Yeap. Mass produced 1/8th resin figurines already would go for over a hundred, especially limited edition ones. Well-painted garage kits could conceivably go for even more. And for a one-of-a-kind Haruhi figurine of such quality, I wouldn't mind bidding a grand for it.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 03:24   Link #184
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Age: 94
Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeLegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Well Kyon's lack of name has always been a mystery and has already been taken as part of the plot by almost everyone.

But his lack of name also creates a unique character for him. Narrators usually don't have a name, and when they do have names, they are most likely a 3rd person to the story. But Kyon is like a narrator who is also the main character, very rare.

Well for birthdays, we may not have a need to know, but I can think of many reasons for why the characters may have a need to know.

For example: Its Haruhi's birthday, the SOS-dan gets her a cake. She blows the candles and makes a wish, imagine what would happen lol
---------

Anyone knows when is the release date for the 3rd volume of the manga?
Its Haruhi's birthday and she blows the candle? I'd bet Kyon loses his head and the world turns the reverse way.

3rd manga huh... no news so far, any for Vol 9 for the novels?
__________________
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 12:52   Link #185
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Well Kyon's lack of name has always been a mystery and has already been taken as part of the plot by almost everyone.

But his lack of name also creates a unique character for him. Narrators usually don't have a name, and when they do have names, they are most likely a 3rd person to the story. But Kyon is like a narrator who is also the main character, very rare.

Well for birthdays, we may not have a need to know, but I can think of many reasons for why the characters may have a need to know.

For example: Its Haruhi's birthday, the SOS-dan gets her a cake. She blows the candles and makes a wish, imagine what would happen lol
---------

Anyone knows when is the release date for the 3rd volume of the manga?
Occasionally, I'll get this odd idea that Kyon turns out to be a "time paradox macguffin" himself... that he actually didn't exist prior to Haruhi conjuring him up 3 years ago. Its not a whole lot different than her conjuring up the entire current form of the universe but it would be quite a hoot for Kyon to figure this out --- that he owes his existence to a wishdream of Haruhi
Not my favorite theory though.... its 10 or 15 places down in the theory stack.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 19:12   Link #186
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Occasionally, I'll get this odd idea that Kyon turns out to be a "time paradox macguffin" himself... that he actually didn't exist prior to Haruhi conjuring him up 3 years ago. Its not a whole lot different than her conjuring up the entire current form of the universe but it would be quite a hoot for Kyon to figure this out --- that he owes his existence to a wishdream of Haruhi
Oh, that's a neat idea. If Kyon himself is a creation, that'll be cute. I don't think he can complain as long as he gets Haru-chan
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 22:58   Link #187
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
From http://blog.livedoor.jp/saikorokyarameru/
Spoiler for saving space:
Using Babelfish, I get the impression that Bubba tried to sell Bunnygirl Haruhi with guitar (for 12,000 yen I think -- or tried to take orders for it), but it looks like the owners of the Haruhi license objected and stopped the sale... I think.

Spoiler for Babelfish translation of what's in saving space:
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 23:03   Link #188
Animexcel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I really like to know how he got the fishnet look on her legs...
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 01:37   Link #189
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Well.. hopefully the license holders have some sense and offer him a contract for the prototype ..... ~~~~~
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 02:10   Link #190
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Babelfish is horrible, use excite.co.jp

http://excite.co.jp/world/english/we...=JAEN&wb_dis=2

Spoiler for web translation:

I think there's no reply from license owners at this point of time.
Can someone who can read japanese confirm this?

I also found it funny that he repeatedly stressed on his blog that what you get doesn't look as good as the pictures. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 02:15   Link #191
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Actually like Crowkenobi's post, 200 resin cast kits of the Bunny Girl Haruhi are to be sold at WHF in Kobe. I don't know what that means, I just know that its too late for foreigners like me to get any, since they will be sold out in a few nanoseconds.

I usually export info to HF forums, now here's a thread from HF about the figure:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53900

Just read through the 80 posts, didn't take part in the thread so I don't know how to summarise it lol
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 03:53   Link #192
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
well ( just read through the posts) ... sounds like there's some possibility of lesser shadow of this godly sculpture becoming a PVC mass-produced item some day.

Not having won the lottery this week... I shall have to wait with the rest of the unwashed heathen for such reflections of the goddess to appear
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 04:50   Link #193
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Wow. With a mere 200 figurine run, it would be next to impossible to import any.

Perhaps I would have better chance of securing one by scanning the auction sites after the sale. 12,000 Yen would be the current equivalent of 104 USD. Hmm.

Last edited by Anime Online; 2006-07-29 at 05:06.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 09:40   Link #194
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Perhaps I would have better chance of securing one by scanning the auction sites after the sale. 12,000 Yen would be the current equivalent of 104 USD. Hmm.
Don't. You'll be competing with at least 50 other Otakus with deep pockets and nothing else to lose.

All of you here with have better chance at getting an unauthorise recast of the kit at E2046 later on.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 10:13   Link #195
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Aye..... (which still means we have to paint it) .... for those of us not painting geniuses we have to hope the figurine companies are flexible enough to snap up work already done for them.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 12:04   Link #196
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
I also found it funny that he repeatedly stressed on his blog that what you get doesn't look as good as the pictures. :x
Kinda sad when you hear this sort of comment from the creator himself. I wonder how deep his "doesn't look as good" comment goes?
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 13:46   Link #197
susanoo
Simca's Stalker
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to susanoo
I played a fan made haruhi minigame a little while ago. It's in BETA ver anyway. As the game is interesting enough for me (or should I say strange) I want to get the full version. but I even forgot the title. I'll look into it again later. did anyone here know anything about this? pls help me here.

EDIT : it's this thing : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...0715205127.jpg, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...0715205158.jpg.

the title is : SOSdan Mount Punch 2006 or something like that.
__________________

Last edited by susanoo; 2006-07-29 at 13:57.
susanoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 23:28   Link #198
Nirvaphreak
台灣人~囧
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ルカの中
Send a message via MSN to Nirvaphreak
Well, the people at the Image Thread sure enjoyed it...since it's a type of merchandise I thought I'd post it here too I guess...





Poster from the Megami Magazine

And...a Tsuruya CD I guess...Lmao


This is what came with it:
"7月4日、アキバのCD取扱店にて、涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱「SOS団ラジオ支部 番外編CD Vol.1 」(AA)と、キャラクターソング 「Vol.1 涼宮ハルヒ」(AA)「Vol.2 長門有希」(AA)「Vol.3 朝比奈みくる」(AA)の計4枚が同時発売となりました。その4枚のCDを大きく展開していたゲームシティ 3Fでは、7月7日の七夕を「我らSOS団にとって、運命の日!!」として、笹に色々な短冊もあり ました。 "

Is it a joke? Who knows = =;
__________________
世界再生の旅より2年...世界はひとつとなった
Nirvaphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 13:21   Link #199
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Perhaps I would have better chance of securing one by scanning the auction sites after the sale. 12,000 Yen would be the current equivalent of 104 USD. Hmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Don't. You'll be competing with at least 50 other Otakus with deep pockets and nothing else to lose.
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ale=0jp&acc=jp

I guess it's true. :x




Even if you somehow managed to acquire the kit, the problem now is how to get it to even remotely look like the one in BUBBA's blog.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 13:29   Link #200
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanoo
I played a fan made haruhi minigame a little while ago. It's in BETA ver anyway. As the game is interesting enough for me (or should I say strange) I want to get the full version. but I even forgot the title. I'll look into it again later. did anyone here know anything about this? pls help me here.

EDIT : it's this thing : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...0715205127.jpg, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...0715205158.jpg.

the title is : SOSdan Mount Punch 2006 or something like that.
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=00384

And Nirvaphreak, I think the question is whether you'll be putting that poster on your wall
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.