AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-11, 16:07   Link #241
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Not to ruin someone's day... but a removable costume would probably triple or quadruple the price.... ~7500yen x 4 would put the brakes on a lot of potential units sold (or create a mad run that would topple the Nikkei -- who knows with mad packs of otaku ).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 16:50   Link #242
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
HOTNESS!!

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I HOPE THAT COSTUME IS REMOVABLE!!!!!
Yes act out your fantasies with these removable costume figurines and then you can go into your bathroom lock the door strip her down and....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 16:53   Link #243
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Here's how the price was a few clicks back.

I'd say, pay the ebayer a extra $50. He/she deserves it

Now we need Monsieur Bome's idea of how Suzumiya Haruhi would look
Oh lol. The funny thing is, the guy put up that same figure for $600 buy-it-now and a $520 bid, and no one touched it. He puts it up again for a lower starting bid and gets $580. See, this is how you use eBay

And yay the Mikuru but ugh the 'collect all the colour variations!' thing. You just know some people will buy them all.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 16:57   Link #244
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Oh lol. The funny thing is, the guy put up that same figure for $600 buy-it-now and a $520 bid, and no one touched it. He puts it up again for a lower starting bid and gets $580. See, this is how you use eBay

And yay the Mikuru but ugh the 'collect all the colour variations!' thing. You just know some people will buy them all.
599 U.S Dollars, 599 U.S Dollars, 599 U.S Dollars. This pretty much solidifies my theory that Haruhi fans will pay through the nose for any piece or Haruhi merchandise regardless of the gouging. What a waste of money in all honesty, I mean is he going to show it off to impress his friends or what. I bet the winning bidder is going to regret that purchase very quickly and for a long time after.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-08-11 at 17:25.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 16:59   Link #245
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
599 U.S Dollars, 599 U.S Dollars, 599 U.S Dollars. What a waste of money in all honesty, I mean is he going to show it off to impress his friends or what. I bet the winning bidder is going to regret that purchase very quickly and for a long time after.
Probably when the final result ends up looking nothing like the promo pics. At least the guy who spent $3000 for the painted one knows what it's going to end up looking like I guess.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:01   Link #246
Satsume
Baka Ranger Tao
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Indeed


What is it with the lemons? o.o Every single LE cover has had a lemon on it...
The lemons could be a reference to the Japanese Magazine called "The Television Shutokenban."

http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdGrpD...id-1001828096/
__________________
Satsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:03   Link #247
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Probably when the final result ends up looking nothing like the promo pics. At least the guy who spent $3000 for the painted one knows what it's going to end up looking like I guess.
Ok the guy who spent $3000 obviously doesn't understand the concept of value and usefulness and purpose of product versus price charged. It's not like its an antique, I mean its only a matter of time before Bandai or some other company releases the real deal official figurine at standard market prices. I wouldn't even pay $599 dollars for the best looking Perfect Grade Zeta Gundam in the world, let alone for a 1/6 scale Haruhi.

Not only that but looking at the description of the product on top of the high asking price, the guy didn't even have it when he set up the auction which I believe should be seen as an extreme risk and a turn off when bidding on a product. Not to mention the outrageous terms he's come up with for payment and contact, and the nail and the coffin, the shipping price well well well well above standard UPS fees the difference of which the guy is obviously going to keep for himself (He's packaging the item himself not the post office so why would the post office charge higher fees).

Really bad deal all around, its a nice figure but come on, Perfect Grade Gunpa top out at around $199, this is a good deal http://cgi.ebay.com/Bandai-Perfect-G...QQcmdZViewItem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUNDAM-Perfect-G...QQcmdZViewItem and look, plus these are way bigger and more detailed and intricate, possable and transformable in some cases. The whole human figurines thing always seemed kind of silly to me to begin with though, it seems like to much of a fetish thing.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-08-11 at 17:21.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:32   Link #248
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
You can never understand how a mind of a bewitch Otaku worked.

But you have to hand it to them for their love and devotion to a character.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 17:41   Link #249
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Ok the guy who spent $3000 obviously doesn't understand the concept of value and usefulness and purpose of product versus price charged. It's not like its an antique, I mean its only a matter of time before Bandai or some other company releases the real deal official figurine at standard market prices. I wouldn't even pay $599 dollars for the best looking Perfect Grade Zeta Gundam in the world, let alone for a 1/6 scale Haruhi.
Just courting trouble, aren't you?

People pay through their nose for stamps, tiny little pieces of paper with blotches of colored ink on them. So do people for coins and other assorted works.

The problem is not with these people, but with you being unable to understand how anime figurines can mean so much to other people.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 18:08   Link #250
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
599 U.S Dollars, 599 U.S Dollars, 599 U.S Dollars. This pretty much solidifies my theory that Haruhi fans will pay through the nose for any piece or Haruhi merchandise regardless of the gouging. What a waste of money in all honesty, I mean is he going to show it off to impress his friends or what. I bet the winning bidder is going to regret that purchase very quickly and for a long time after.
meh... you're not defining "haruhi" fans.. you're defining fans of *any* subject who will pay what it takes for an artifact .. be it a prop from Star Trek, a rare stamp or coin, or that piece of metal that makes your 1947 roadster "authentic".

I find it fascinating that these companies will produce limited numbers of these figures on purpose when they could sell many more of them (cards, figures, whatever) ... but it has to do with increasing the adrenaline and hype of the audience I suppose.

I paid about twice what I wanted to for a very rare resin statue of a particular 12" figure once because I knew that there simply were no others on the market. It occupies the center of my animation "art" wall. I have original series Star Trek items from the early 70s worth hundreds or thousands of dollars --- to someone I'm sure.

I also think people are "caught up in the moment" to some extent and it is questionable whether these items will hold value (I'm sure someone still has a closet full of Pokemon cards suitable for wallpaper) -- if I had a lot of disposable income, I *might* have bid on the professionally painted Haruhi statue but not that kit. But right now, I'm remodeling my house so most of the spare income is heading thataway.

concerning the auction ... yeah it looks like he was taking bids before he actually has the item.... risky.... I'd be wary of his payment rules as well (Paypal is your friend sometimes) but the shipping is, I suppose, paying top dollar for extreme fragile handling and special delivery like Fedex... or it *better* mean that anyway. Oh wait... USPS Priority? Heh, I take it back....

looks like he's counting on suckers --- collectors already know that e2046 is going to have the item....(or at least a knockoff). I also note he has Zero Bids and the auction is over .... so I guess the sucker count is low this week. This guy is going on my "look out for" list.

Nasty red font and really bitchy attitude ("non-payers blah blah blah") ... like that isn't standard operations.


@Kaoishin: I'm not clear on why people are fascinated with mecha but since I've always been interested in armored vehicles (ww2 and modern), I can sort of make the connection though the engineer in me blinks too much at the some of the things they have mecha do in some series. <shrug> there have been a few fun mecha computer video games in the past... those are great fun.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-11 at 18:35.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 19:14   Link #251
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Just courting trouble, aren't you?

People pay through their nose for stamps, tiny little pieces of paper with blotches of colored ink on them. So do people for coins and other assorted works.

The problem is not with these people, but with you being unable to understand how anime figurines can mean so much to other people.
It's still a bad deal, I could see people paying $500 if the terms were better and they were taking home their overpriced kit from a store but this is a bootleg used without licence (a good one but a bootleg), but christ he doesn't even have the item himself, you can't sell something your not in posession of for full price nor would anyone in their right mind bid make a deal something that is non-existant as far as the auction is concerned, but here we are. Plus who's to say the item will be in good condition when he receives it. How am I to blame for being unable to comprehend an auction that not only screams buyer beware, but outright says I'm ripping you off and making a mockery of the business agreement. One time I was suspicious of a boxset and waited around for a better deal, I paid more but I was satisfied because the terms were fair more reasonable.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 20:09   Link #252
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
It's still a bad deal, I could see people paying $500 if the terms were better and they were taking home their overpriced kit from a store but this is a bootleg used without licence (a good one but a bootleg), but christ he doesn't even have the item himself, you can't sell something your not in posession of for full price nor would anyone in their right mind bid make a deal something that is non-existant as far as the auction is concerned, but here we are. Plus who's to say the item will be in good condition when he receives it. How am I to blame for being unable to comprehend an auction that not only screams buyer beware, but outright says I'm ripping you off and making a mockery of the business agreement. One time I was suspicious of a boxset and waited around for a better deal, I paid more but I was satisfied because the terms were fair more reasonable.
So you're saying

(1) "Bootleg"
(2) Lack of guarantee


You're still not taking into account that people buy what they want. Again the point that Vexx and I are making are that you're not bashing this particular sale but a wider subset of people in your original post. AGAIN you are being nasty to Haruhi fans in general, but fear not -- I won't criticize you so harshly this time lest you seemingly fall into another near-mental collapse. Anyways, here's what you said:

This pretty much solidifies my theory that Haruhi fans will pay through the nose for any piece or Haruhi merchandise regardless of the gouging.

Why not admit it? That you have an agenda against SuzuHaru in general.

Regardless, I'm not entirely unsympathetic to your view. I do think that people fork out large amounts of money or effort for what I view as entirely ridiculous objects or events. Sometimes I mock them too, so I am definitely no saint. But I think for the most part I do try and tolerate to my best extent, and in this case I wouldn't say it's not wildly crazy. The resin kit is rare, and it's of a very high quality. I'm also skeptical of the word "bootleg".

If you mean it's not original, off the creator/hand-moulded then I think bootleg is seriously the wrong term to use.. I'm not sure with the terminology in modeling communities but I don't think that's appropriate. I certainly wouldn't call mass-produced books "bootleg" books of the original copy written by the author. They're just mass-produced. It's still art, and if it means something to the person buying it then I don't see what's wrong here.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 20:26   Link #253
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
So you're saying

(1) "Bootleg"
(2) Lack of guarantee


You're still not taking into account that people buy what they want. Again the point that Vexx and I are making are that you're not bashing this particular sale but a wider subset of people in your original post. AGAIN you are being nasty to Haruhi fans in general, but fear not -- I won't criticize you so harshly this time lest you seemingly fall into another near-mental collapse. Anyways, here's what you said:

This pretty much solidifies my theory that Haruhi fans will pay through the nose for any piece or Haruhi merchandise regardless of the gouging.

Why not admit it? That you have an agenda against SuzuHaru in general.

Regardless, I'm not entirely unsympathetic to your view. I do think that people fork out large amounts of money or effort for what I view as entirely ridiculous objects or events. Sometimes I mock them too, so I am definitely no saint. But I think for the most part I do try and tolerate to my best extent, and in this case I wouldn't say it's not wildly crazy. The resin kit is rare, and it's of a very high quality. I'm also skeptical of the word "bootleg".

If you mean it's not original, off the creator/hand-moulded then I think bootleg is seriously the wrong term to use.. I'm not sure with the terminology in modeling communities but I don't think that's appropriate. I certainly wouldn't call mass-produced books "bootleg" books of the original copy written by the author. They're just mass-produced. It's still art, and if it means something to the person buying it then I don't see what's wrong here.
Except these are made by some guy named Bubba who works out of his house. If the rights holders sanctioned the creation of the figures than no they aren't bootlegs, but I highly doubt that.

I'm not the one with the agenda against Haruhi, thats my friend whom I'm always trying to convince the franchise has some merit but than he tells me it can't possibly. My agenda is against the mindless worshippers who blow the show way out of proportion into some sort of new age religion instead of just enjoying it for what it is. That and I'm kind of tired of searching for openings to shows or clips from an anime on Youtube or anywhere for that matter only to find someone who thinks he's clever playing the Sunny Sunny Happy song over a completely unrelated opening or superimposing the characters from Haruhi over an unrelated image. (The gundam dance one was fine, but Overman King Gainer and Fist of The North Star openings ). It's like back when Evangelion was popular and EVERYBODY had to draw a comparison or reference to it for almost any mecha show regardless of how irrelevant the comparison was, it drove me completely up the wall and its happening again. I like the franchise but when I'm trying to get away from it and look at some other series only to find it somehow creeping into that discussion topic or medium, I just get sick of it.

It's like in 1984 where Big Brother is always watching you, everywhere I go on the internet, there's Haruhi staring at me with those souless yellow eyes, staring staring..... and you know, maybe I don't want to see her all the time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 20:39   Link #254
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Except these are made by some guy named Bubba who works out of his house. If the rights holders sanctioned the creation of the figures than no they aren't bootlegs, but I highly doubt that. I'm not the one with the agenda against Haruhi, thats my friend whom I'm always trying to convince the franchise has some merit but than he tells me it can't possibly.

[...]

It's like in 1984 where Big Brother is always watching you, everywhere I go on the internet, there's Haruhi staring at me with those souless yellow eyes, staring staring..... and you know, maybe I don't want to see her all the time.
: O I can't believe you're banging on this because some guy called Bubba is making works of this and it's not officially sanctioned. This is damn well near what I call ignorance. By this you are seriously slamming the artistic integrity of all doujin manga creators, and this is seriously shameful.. to think that the artistic realm should be dominated only by the "licensed" and the "official", or to think that these parts have higher value than the amateurs or indie works is.. just wow.

You must seriously be infected by North American values of copyright. This neatly coincides with my recent reading of Lawrence Lessig's "Free Culture".. You should download this book (Lessig made it available free online) in the .PDF format and just find "doujinshii". Lessig talks about it with regards to the copyright laws in Japan and a fair bit about art and copying too.

All I have to say about this is, just, wow. It would take me quite some time to mount a detailed post explaining the artistic integrity of home-made works and tributes, as well as what I think is the seriously mistaken American patenting system on IDEAS (wtfbbq).. but I can't because I have a final on Monday. Or maybe I've just given up on typing long essays for you, because the communication just isn't happening.

Two things.


I'm fully okay with your friend's opinion, and I don't know why you would suddenly drag his name into the conversation.. All I can say is, birds of the same feather flock together. Not as an insult, but as a reminder for you to continually broaden your views.. I like my friends, but familiarity is often a pay-off to learning new things -- unless they journey with you often.

Lastly, your comparison of SuzuHaru to something like "Big Brother" is something ENTIRELY created by your psyche. It's not as if SuzuHaru is taking an active, aggressive approach to boinking you. It just sits there, and YOU get bothered by it. I understand your frustration somewhat; maybe. Probably the closest that I feel would be an 8 hour long car ride with my friends in the semi-raining-snowing cold, with them incessantly talking about Bleach. But of course, I never take steps to demonize what I don't like ("souless yellow eyes", "big brother") so I can swat them that easily.. Resorting to such tactics just detracts from the fullness of reality, and you essentially blind yourself and retreat to a shell with a rigid filter window.


I'll let you say what you want, but don't disguise this.. you do have something against SuzuHaru, and it IS mainly because it is popular/"mainstream"-ish, that you are fervently displaying this behavior. You have so admitted yourself in this post. And you know what; it would be better if you were aware of this.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 20:56   Link #255
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
: O I can't believe you're banging on this because some guy called Bubba is making works of this and it's not officially sanctioned. This is damn well near what I call ignorance. By this you are seriously slamming the artistic integrity of all doujin manga creators, and this is seriously shameful.. to think that the artistic realm should be dominated only by the "licensed" and the "official", or to think that these parts have higher value than the amateurs or indie works is.. just wow.

You must seriously be infected by North American values of copyright. This neatly coincides with my recent reading of Lawrence Lessig's "Free Culture".. You should download this book (Lessig made it available free online) in the .PDF format and just find "doujinshii". Lessig talks about it with regards to the copyright laws in Japan and a fair bit about art and copying too.

All I have to say about this is, just, wow. It would take me quite some time to mount a detailed post explaining the artistic integrity of home-made works and tributes, as well as what I think is the seriously mistaken American patenting system on IDEAS (wtfbbq).. but I can't because I have a final on Monday. Or maybe I've just given up on typing long essays for you, because the communication just isn't happening.

Two things.


I'm fully okay with your friend's opinion, and I don't know why you would suddenly drag his name into the conversation.. All I can say is, birds of the same feather flock together. Not as an insult, but as a reminder for you to continually broaden your views.. I like my friends, but familiarity is often a pay-off to learning new things -- unless they journey with you often.

Lastly, your comparison of SuzuHaru to something like "Big Brother" is something ENTIRELY created by your psyche. It's not as if SuzuHaru is taking an active, aggressive approach to boinking you. It just sits there, and YOU get bothered by it. I understand your frustration somewhat; maybe. Probably the closest that I feel would be an 8 hour long car ride with my friends in the semi-raining-snowing cold, with them incessantly talking about Bleach. But of course, I never take steps to demonize what I don't like ("souless yellow eyes", "big brother") so I can swat them that easily.. Resorting to such tactics just detracts from the fullness of reality, and you essentially blind yourself and retreat to a shell with a rigid filter window.


I'll let you say what you want, but don't disguise this.. you do have something against SuzuHaru, and it IS mainly because it is popular/"mainstream"-ish, that you are fervently displaying this behavior. You have so admitted yourself in this post. And you know what; it would be better if you were aware of this.
Well what are you doing paying attention to me, go study for that final and Ace it. As much as I love reading the analysis of me (I'm not lying or joking I love them, but I'm not going to tell you which parts are true and which aren't), you should be focusing on your examine and getting that degree. Remember, though to me everything is funny in someway, I don't have to be stoned or anything, I'm just always amused in some way.

Oh and I hate copyright law, I just couldn't think of any thing else to say at the time, guess I lose that argument. This auction is still a pretty bad deal though, if I were the guy I would have waited till I had possession of the item before posting the auction as it kills his integrity right there. She does kind of have blank yellow eyes though you've got to admit and she's always kind of staring right at the camera in a lot of shots.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 21:21   Link #256
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
We need to just issue the both of you Nerf bats and let ya'll get it out of your systems
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 21:54   Link #257
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

The seller of the US$3000 Haruhi figurine is not some new kid on the block, and this is not the first figurine he sold for over US$2000. Off-hand, I can recall a Dizzy Resin Figurine that he did and sold for US$2400+.

You could say, it is his living?
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 22:09   Link #258
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
The seller of the US$3000 Haruhi figurine is not some new kid on the block, and this is not the first figurine he sold for over US$2000. Off-hand, I can recall a Dizzy Resin Figurine that he did and sold for US$2400+.

You could say, it is his living?
I just can't comprehend anyone spending that much money on a figurine, anything more than $70 dollars a pop for a figurine is just outrageous, the only person that wins is the seller. $70 dollars, thats what I'd pay for a figurine, nothing more as there's not much you can do with it in all honesty, considering all idolized female anime characters look roughly the same (perfect body) and then you do the hairstyle and pose on them, and then you just throw on whatever clothes look right, there's really not much going for the product. I mean you could probably use a tenth of that amount of money to devise a clever plan to get your hands on the product without even having to bid on an auction.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 22:13   Link #259
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
We need to just issue the both of you Nerf bats and let ya'll get it out of your systems
I have zero doubt that I'll win. But I rather not take things out in violence.. Although I must admit that the thought of killing and destroying pleases me much : > I just wish I had a reverse button so I could put things back after..

And Kaioshin, I'm the sort who does studying while reading stuff online.. If you're slipping that "pay attention to me" into there as some sort of hint that I'm treating you specially then I vomit... I monitor the SuzuHaru thread as often as I can, not you. I hope you don't need me to say more. It is funny though, you remind me of an encounter I had in OCremix.org, where I criticized this remix amongst the flood of praises and apparently I nailed it onto this female more than once. She PM-ed me accusing me of stalking her.. your best mate, I'm guessing? ; )


Quote:
The seller of the US$3000 Haruhi figurine is not some new kid on the block, and this is not the first figurine he sold for over US$2000. Off-hand, I can recall a Dizzy Resin Figurine that he did and sold for US$2400+.

You could say, it is his living?
I wouldn't be suprised!! This sort of skill is attained after countless of hours of practice.. And detailed moulding is a skill of the young. After 40, your hands go to hell and you're much better off making larger scale works. I have no doubt in saying he deserves it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I just can't comprehend anyone spending that much money on a figurine, anything more than $70 dollars a pop for a figurine is just outrageous, the only person that wins is the seller. $70 dollars, thats what I'd pay for a figurine, nothing more as there's not much you can do with it in all honesty, considering all idolized female anime characters look roughly the same (perfect body) and then you do the hairstyle and pose on them, and then you just throw on whatever clothes look right, there's really not much going for the product.
Sigh.

Yes, yes, you are the center of all standards that all life and its activity is to be judged upon.


Edit: Wait.. a couple of clicks and I am happy now

Last edited by arias; 2006-08-11 at 22:31.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 22:45   Link #260
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Well, after reading this ping-pong match between arias and Kaioshin and wondering just where it's supposed to be going, I would like to point out that since Bubba's figurines are the only figurines from SHnY of any kind at the moment, of course the otaku community is going to pay big bucks for 'em... it's called supply and demand.

And I hope that this would kick the licensors in their pants to get some official merchandise like that out, post-haste.
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.