AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-04-15, 15:24   Link #1
Chirmaya

Burning MKV Files onto a DVD

I have been using NeroVision Express in order to burn all of my .AVI files with 100% success each time. But with all of these series that have .MKV files, I need to know how I can go about burning them. Will I have to convert the MKV into an AVI first?
Chirmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 18:25   Link #2
Stardash

I don't believe Nero Vision Express supports .mkv yet. If you're going to create a conversion to .avi you can use the various guides such as this guide. However I've found the mkv to avi to result in poor quality, and is sometimes rather complicated in certain mkv files (and if it's soft subbed)

An alternative is to just scrap Nero Vision Express and go directly from .mkv to DVD, this will result in higher quality, and bypass the need for the avi file. You could try this software [ConvertXtoDVD] or consult this guide.

edit: SomeWhiteGuy: I believe Chirmaya wants to encode the files for playback on a conventional DVD player (I don't think they're going to create MKV-able DVD players anytime soon. So far they've only created ones for the Divx codec)

Last edited by Stardash; 2006-04-20 at 18:36.
Stardash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 18:29   Link #3
SomeWhiteGuy

I'd just burn them to DVD as regular data files. A friend of mind has a DVD player that can read data DVDs and search though the directory structure and play target .avi files. It's only a matter of time till they make DVD players that will run .mkv

In the mean time? Just connect your computer up to your TV.
SomeWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 19:16   Link #4
ChristianHJW
Matroska Team Member

You may try this Guide here : http://www.matroska.org/technical/guides/dvd/index.html

Be aware it will fail for 5.1 AAC audio tracks inside the MKV, as DVD Santa doesnt seem to be able to handle those.

Christian
matroska project admin
ChristianHJW is offline   Reply With Quote