AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-04-16, 01:02   Link #1
Guido

TOKKO, Tohru Fujisawa's vision of Evil Dead

Story and Art: Tohru Fujisawa

Serialized in Afternoon magazine.

The following summary taken from Anime News Network:

Quote:
Shindo lives with his younger sister since they moved from Machida years ago. Recently, he graduated from cadet to the The Special Mobile Investigation Force to avenge his parents death. He has also been having recurring dreams of a girl for some time, but they are growing more frequent. She seems to be covered in blood holding a giant sword. Later that day, he sees her, wearing a police uniform. She is a member of Section 2, Special Public Safety Task Force, or Tokko for short. There are many rumors about Tokko, one of which is that they use swords to execute criminals. There are even rumors that they aren't even human.
Shindou has just become a new investigator for Tokki: The Special Mobile Investigation Force. On the day of his graduation, he finally sees the half-naked girl that he had seen in his dreams in real life and finds out that she's part of Tokko: The Special Public Safety Task Force. Shindou ends up joining Tokko to avenge his parents' death whose bodies had been ripped to pieces...
For the GANTZ (manga) fans out there, you should not miss this title as is abundant with plenty of gore, extreme violence, awestruck action, and healthy dosage of fanservice.

The story is intriguing from the start, and there's another female lead wielding a kick-a** sword, clad in sexy, black leather pants and jackets. In fact, all TOKKO members wear the same type of leather and carry their own huge swords.
It's got the matrix cyber-punk feeling, mixed with the supernatural and police brigade themes.

TOKKO is more like Blood+ + GANTZ (manga) + Resident Evil 4 + Evil Dead blended together.

Last edited by Guido; 2006-04-16 at 01:35.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 07:02   Link #2
striderm
Adusa #1

I have all the books that're available for it and awaiting my download of the first episode coming up. I've been a fan, and I feel this is really good stuff. Especially after reading GTO this is a great feat by Fujisawa-san, never would've thought he'd make something like this.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 11:30   Link #3
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
So what's the deal with this manga series? It's still ongoing in Japan right, but it's "stalled" (much like the HxH manga), right? So far, there have been two volumes (Devil's Awaken) released with 6 chapters...then there's "Volume 03" - Phantom Hunter that has....how many chapters? (plus the "Extra")...and to further compound things, there's a Devil's Awaken "REMIX SP" volume!

And then I find out that the volume chapters are NOT in order (as they were released in Afternoon magazine)...you'd have to skip around ALL those volumes I mentioned above to get a "full chronology" of the series!

Somebody me back to my senses, please!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 12:05   Link #4
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

ShadowClone, I can't help you with because I don't quite understand either .

The manga was entertaining, but it's quite generic, with some characters who try too hard to be cool, and each one comes with a tragic past. Still, I liked the siblings of Volume 3, and their story was more "disturbing and gory" than the first 2 volumes, which were pretty tame IMO. And that's not saying much, or maybe I'm used to blood and violence in manga now...
Old 2006-08-31, 09:39   Link #5
kira83

i have read tokko the phantom hunter(2nd season) at animedownload but i dun know where to download it T_T

do you know where to get those
kira83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 19:41   Link #6
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Time to ressurect a dead thread lol. For those that are interested TOKKO has been licensed by Tokyopop and is due for release at the end of June