AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 56 26.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 39.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 19.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 9.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.44%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-19, 08:00   Link #161
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88
Haruhi only abuses people who are weak and wishy washy.

Mikuru had her breasts groped and other perversions forced upon her but just caves in. It is hard to respect her if she does not stand up for herself. Her reaction would seem to be a little over the top too.

I think you're missing Mikuru's Purpose if you're going to diss her like that. She has a specific purpose in keeping Haruhi "entertained" for lack of a better word, she knows her assignment: though she's appalled and personally humiliated, she's grimly determined to execute her task. Hmmmm, no I think she's completely on target with her reaction --- she's been groped, now she's been groped and had the computer prez tossed on her in compromising positions.... dragged around in a risque outfit. I think she fully expects that Haruhi will have her "ruined for marriage" before the situation is done and she just needed the support of knowing *someone* (Kyon) would accept her even if her worst case expectations came true.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 08:02   Link #162
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
Millions of people brutally killed is sort of the opposite of transient and fleeting, no matter what dialect of English you're using.
Depends on WHO is using the dialect In Haruhi's (and Hitler's mind) it would seem transient and fleeting .

@Vexx, right, and Kyon must act like a man and support her if it comes to that
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 08:24   Link #163
Green²
It's Magic

Kyon Loser! ******* LOSER!

For christ sake man, put on the god damned bunny suit, and take it like a man!

Mysterious experience:

Hi, I'm Kyon. Who one day got dragged into a club along with some other people one day. Yet this one wacko member of the club kept abusing other club members to the point where they were counting on me to protect them from further abuse from the wacko member. Even most wierd, when the wacko member later one day began to abuse the other members, at the time when my fellow members counted on me the most, I abandoned them. Not that I wanted to abandon them, but that I was afraid of what the wacko member might've done to me. Not that I didn't want to get into a bunny costume, as I'm really into that stuff anyway, but just that, why should I be the one to be abused by this wacko member? Even worse, if I'm more willing to give into the will of this wacko member, I might have to suffer even further abuse. And I'm not even sure if even god knows what the wacko member will stick up my crack next. Yet should I comply now, yet not comply later, there's no telling on what this wacko member will do to get back at me,.. as cause if this wacko member can even go as far to extort a computer from another club through the extreme extortion of that club **** ****** another student, *gulp*,.. GAHHHH! I don't know what to do! Please for the love of god, help me SOS!

Hoping to hear back soon,
Kyon

P.S.
Could you also pass word to that other member of your club named Kyon, that I think he's a LOSER!
THX. Bye-bye ^_^

Last edited by Green²; 2006-04-19 at 08:47. Reason: Typo
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 08:32   Link #164
Suyo
moe moe~<3

Send a message via AIM to Suyo Send a message via MSN to Suyo
Hmm, looking for the opinions of people who have not read the books, and do not know the out come of this.

Spoiler:

Again, please anyone who does actually know from reading the books, don't spoil it.. just looking for some more opinions. This just doesn't seem like this kind of series, and kind of changes my feelings towards it a little from what my first impressions were.
Suyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 08:39   Link #165
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Animation... Perfect... hopefully it's going to be like this in the next episodes
Plot/Humor... Perfect... feel sorry for Mikuru ... but what the hell... that was the funniest scene ever
Characters... Perfect... still missing characters... but at least we get good development for the current ones

This hole copy pasting from real places is great... if they keep this up even if they make some mistakes on the animation I'll still classified it as perfection...

Hmmm.... Could they actually be crazy enough to air the episodes in random order ... well I pray they are

Overall Rating :
Perfect 10

Question : Since this is probably going to remain a mystery to the anime... what did Haruhi say in the censored moment ?

Quote:
Kyon Loser! ******* LOSER!
When he tried to save Mikuru she started screaming "Don't look !!!"... what's the poor guy suppose to do ...

IMHO he did the right thing... even if it was partially wrong... at least this way we don't have stupid over perverted character scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyo
Again, please anyone who does actually know from reading the books, don't spoil it.. just looking for some more opinions. This just doesn't seem like this kind of series, and kind of changes my feelings towards it a little from what my first impressions were.
I think you should add Mikuru to the list ... remember what she said at nerd central...

Spoiler for It' better if you don't read this:
Old 2006-04-19, 08:46   Link #166
Eclipze

To be perfectly fair, Kyon can't fit into the bunny suit...unless they get a extra large, male-version. No, I'm not defending him, but at least he was truthful with his bunny-girl fetish (or something).
Old 2006-04-19, 08:49   Link #167
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
i bet we can relate to kyon, because he speak the truth...wai. that could be his special power! kyon can speak the truth!
sorry, still trying to figure out why haruhi finds kyon the normal human worthy of her attention when she doesn't waste time for...er..normal..humans
Old 2006-04-19, 09:04   Link #168
Suyo
moe moe~<3

Send a message via AIM to Suyo Send a message via MSN to Suyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
I think you should add Mikuru to the list ... remember what she said at nerd central...

Maybe I'm just slow, but I don't see how that gives anything away >< I mean, theres a question mark there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
istill trying to figure out why haruhi finds kyon the normal human worthy of her attention when she doesn't waste time for...er..normal..humans
Wondering the same, all I can think of is attraction.. I don't get why she would even make the SOS in the first place if she refuses to interact with humans (in ep 2 she is very crude at first to Kyon) since obviously that's what a club is for (and she is just looking for people with an -interest- in the same things). Maybe just looking at minor details too much.. but alot doesn't make sense -yet-.. at least to me ; ; But why would you refuse to be social with "normal" humans then go out and advertise a club you are running is looking for members.
Suyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:10   Link #169
Eclipze

^^ I guess Haruhi lowered her standard (Gasps!) from only talking to aliens/time travellers to "people with extraordinary encounters".

Afterall, she made to club looking for people who fit the description as stated above.
Old 2006-04-19, 09:18   Link #170
Green²
It's Magic

Quote:
Question : Since this is probably going to remain a mystery to the anime... what did Haruhi say in the censored moment ?
Broken down to "gang-raping" on the chan, I think. Though it got flooded off the page,.. and probably too liquored-up to probably remember exactly. But sounds about right for Haruhi.

Quote:
When he tried to save Mikuru she started screaming "Don't look !!!"... what's the poor guy suppose to do ...

IMHO he did the right thing... even if it was partially wrong... at least this way we don't have stupid over perverted character scenes
Eh, but just think of Kyon in a bunny suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
To be perfectly fair, Kyon can't fit into the bunny suit...unless they get a extra large, male-version. No, I'm not defending him, but at least he was truthful with his bunny-girl fetish (or something).
There's nothing a little bit of duct tape can't fix. Though in Haruhi's case, she'd probably weld it on.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:51   Link #171
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Kyon once again stole the episode. If the show didn't have the 'Kyon talking to himself' pieces, then i can't see the show being as good as it is - still you have the other main characters doing there special parts to the show.. like Yuki. <3

Well, looks like we get Itsuki nexed episode.. and Yuki without glasses, yay.

I haven't enjoyed a good Baseball episode since Comic Party: Revolution.. episode 04 should be a good one.
Old 2006-04-19, 10:20   Link #172
Katapan
俺様祭り

This episode would definitely have gotten a 10 from me if Kyon was the one wearing a bunny suit. Oh, how I wish to find Kyon-dressed-as-a-bunny-girl fanart one day... Noo, that wasn't a request... Really...
Well, I guess Mikuru's torture makes up for it. :x

To be honest, I was kind of disturbed by Yuki's revelation, as I was just expecting some crazy humor staying within reality, but after thinking again it doesn't sound bad at all, it may even not come into play before a few episodes. With maybe just a little less humor than before, this is getting a 9 from me, but I am still totally devoted to Haruhiism.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 10:33   Link #173
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh well, I finally voted a 9. It's a 10, minus one for Mikuru's maltreatment. Should have been two but I will justify the bunny costume since Haruhi herself wore one, too.
Old 2006-04-19, 10:37   Link #174
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyo
Hmm, looking for the opinions of people who have not read the books, and do not know the out come of this.

Spoiler:

i think there is a rumor going around that Ep1 is a basic summary of the entire story. So if you go by what the movie say about each member then

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-19, 10:41   Link #175
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
From what information I have gathered, it is

Yuki = Alien which has been confirmed in episode 3

Spoiler:

This is sorta suspected as when you look at the endings, especially at the end of episode 2, Kyon is like the only normal-looking guy there. Itsuki looks way too happy for a guy

It makes sense that episode 1 is the whole summary, I mean their freaking jumping all over the place with this series, I mean eps 4 is suppose to be 7?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 10:41   Link #176
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
i think there is a rumor going around that Ep1 is a basic summary of the entire story. So if you go by what the movie say about each member then

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-19, 10:49   Link #177
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Ara... guilty as charged.

Anyway because of the hilarity of the 1st episode a lot of people are under the impression that this series would be out-and-out comedy but it is not! Comedy is a very large part of it but not the be-all-end-all. Frankly for me thats what makes the show even better, though it may not fit with what other people are expecting.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 11:00   Link #178
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Spoiler:
I am going have to burn you at the stake then.

*applies for job as chief inquistor of SOS.
Old 2006-04-19, 11:01   Link #179
mr.muffin

Finally managed to watch Episode 3... took ages to download.

Didn't find Ep3 as good as the previous 2. Maybe I was expecting a funnier episode. Didn't really like all the abuse Mikuru was taking too. Although I admit the blackmail scene was really funny. I found the ending rather weird, where Nagato revealed to Kyon that she was an alien. Wondered why she kept making Kyon drink more tea too...

A good episode overall. Helped me relieve some exam stress. Plus Haruhi in a bunny suit was nice.
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 11:09   Link #180
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Here's my rebuttal to Nietsche and anti-god... If we take things from the horse's mouth.
God is dead, but so is Nietsche.
Ironically though both have books that attribute to them.

Replying to Kyon and his actions, Sisyphus and his uphill roll of the boulder is indicative enough that headstrong defiance/resistance serves little purpose other than a demonstration of willpower (with no audience it's pointless). You never get used to having your head chopped off but you cannot change something by standing aside however... and so Kyon marches himself into that clubroom, following perhaps... Don Quixote.
panzerfan is online now   Reply With Quote