AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 27 15.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 28.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 20.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 5.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.37%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-23, 14:47   Link #181
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
Berserker's speech was the highlight of this episode, nice to hear the guy do something other than roar in a gutteral fashion.
I was wondering why Hercules was made into a wordless beast. It would have been nice to see some of this (including the flashback) worked into the show a bit earlier so that his defeat would have had a bit more impact. The flashback could have been expanded upon--it really made me curious about what exactly happened towards the beginning of Ilya and Berserker's relationship.

Quote:
She's still a human with feelings, God forbid she falls in love with someone just like her that wants nothing more then to protect her
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Well I thought it made sense to make Saber more aware of herself as a woman after all that has happened. A very intimate thing happened between them after all with the trace being passed over. They already had a strong bond that is how he saw the dream of Saber but after that event the bond would be very very strong.
My problem is many of these things aren't being shown in a way that makes me believe Saber is truly falling in love or makes me feel the emotional impact of the trace being given to Saber. Poorly integrated CG aside, the whole scene with Shirou and the dragon felt disconnected from the very intimacy they should have been trying to convey. I don't feel like I'm being shown Saber's emotional development, I feel like I'm being told to accept it... Only a few episodes ago, Saber was standing naked in front of Shirou completely unaffected, and now she can't even be submerged in a bath in front of him? It's like I teleported from point A (stoic and strong) to point B (blushing and insecure) and am missing a number of the steps inbetween. I don't mind being at point B, but I'd like it to make more sense.

Saber, Saber, Saber. You might be physically stronger than Rin, but you don't much look it. In fact, without the armor and given the height difference and your newfound insecurity, you actually seem a bit more "diminutive." And Shirou, wimping out and saying "That's how it is..."

Ah well, I'm not watching FSN for the romance. I'm very interested in what happens next, particularly concerning Sakura. I still want to know why Shinji had a book instead of proper command spells. Also, I'm getting more and more interested in trying the game itself sometime..
Old 2006-04-23, 14:48   Link #182
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
He did, or at least that's the impression I get from what he said.
He mean't not the style of magician for the task at hand.
Old 2006-04-23, 14:50   Link #183
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Some nice points there - but still i can't being to understand why people are saying Saber's feeling's are coming along to fast.. i mean, we're on episode 16 now and so much has happened to Shirou & Saber, and everything thats happened points to a relationship.

Right there is where a part of the heart from Fate/Stay night lives, and imo its coming along nicely.
It has to be that fast. This anime only has 26 episodes. Time is short, time is short :P

As for Saber not looking strong...Servents themselves are dimensionally superior in battles compared to human. A master with a laser gun will not be able to harm a servent, while a servent, if holding even a paper cutter will be able to harm each other. However episode 16 bends that rule slightly, perhaps it's because the sword was part of Saber?
(Note: This setting was taken off the fate fiction)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 14:54   Link #184
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
This anime only has 26 episodes.
The anime is 24 episodes long.
Old 2006-04-23, 14:55   Link #185
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Well, I'm still hoping for some unexpected extra's like a 1-hour long final eppy.
Old 2006-04-23, 14:57   Link #186
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
The anime is 24 episodes long.
Woops! Um...ugg...where are my manners?!
My apologies...
Old 2006-04-23, 14:59   Link #187
monster

Quote:
He mean't not the style of magician for the task at hand.
hmmm, see, that wasn't so hard to clear up without giving much spoiler. Thank you.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 15:06   Link #188
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Well, I'm still hoping for some unexpected extra's like a 1-hour long final eppy.
Hopefully there'll be an OVA after this.
Old 2006-04-23, 16:05   Link #189
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri
Saber, Saber, Saber. You might be physically stronger than Rin, but you don't much look it. In fact, without the armor and given the height difference and your newfound insecurity, you actually seem a bit more "diminutive." And Shirou, wimping out and saying "That's how it is..."
But the point is Saber does not view herself as we do, people are often like that when we are insecure about ourselves, we see all the little faults and sometimes even ones that are not there in the first place. Saber views herself as a warrior and listing what she thinks are her faults and comparing them to a "normal" girl, she doesnt think shes attractive and more importantly she sees all the things she thinks are wrong with her and then comparing them to Rin who she thinks is more desirable.

And as for Shirou.... well he just kinda walked in on a girl bathing
Old 2006-04-23, 16:10   Link #190
laruki

Spoiler:

I didn't think saber looked /that/ muscular in the bath tub. Shirou is looking more muscular than usual though.
laruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 17:09   Link #191
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruki
Spoiler:

I didn't think saber looked /that/ muscular in the bath tub. Shirou is looking more muscular than usual though.
Saber, hmmm, I'm going to have to watch that scene again.
Shirou's character design is a little inconsistant, IMO. In some scenes, he's got the build of a wimp, and in others he's got a wider frame methinks.

Yeah, it is inevitable. Can't really expect them to hang around forever, or the character development will be for naught <<(that point is arguable, I don't back it 100%).
Though the directors/writers can make it end any way they want, though wouldn't you feel cheated if the ending was everyone moving into Shirou's place and living happily ever after?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 17:13   Link #192
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
But the point is Saber does not view herself as we do, people are often like that when we are insecure about ourselves, we see all the little faults and sometimes even ones that are not there in the first place. Saber views herself as a warrior and listing what she thinks are her faults and comparing them to a "normal" girl, she doesnt think shes attractive and more importantly she sees all the things she thinks are wrong with her and then comparing them to Rin who she thinks is more desirable.

And as for Shirou.... well he just kinda walked in on a girl bathing
You perfectly summed up what I was saying one page before, and with better and more intelligible words.

Good to see that not everyone thinks Saber's evolved too fast.
Old 2006-04-23, 17:14   Link #193
laruki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
Saber, hmmm, I'm going to have to watch that scene again.
Shirou's character design is a little inconsistant, IMO. In some scenes, he's got the build of a wimp, and in others he's got a wider frame methinks.

Yeah, it is inevitable. Can't really expect them to hang around forever, or the character development will be for naught <<(that point is arguable, I don't back it 100%).
Though the directors/writers can make it end any way they want, though wouldn't you feel cheated if the ending was everyone moving into Shirou's place and living happily ever after?
Spoiler:

Yeah... there's a bit of character inconsistancy in this episode. The scene where Saber was sitting beside Shirou, her breast was entirely flat, and in the bath-tub, it was humungo. Well, at least a bit more.
laruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 17:34   Link #194
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Isn't there an anime rule that the girl's breasts absorb water like sponges?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 17:36   Link #195
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Usually, having the girl naked is way enough to surprisingly get bigger breast than expected/estimated.
Old 2006-04-23, 17:49   Link #196
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Isn't there an anime rule that the girl's breasts absorb water like sponges?
lol...hope that happens to me in real life...
Old 2006-04-23, 17:53   Link #197
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i wonder what expression Shirou will give if he sees...Rin, Sakura and Illya's...
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 18:13   Link #198
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Hopefully there'll be an OVA after this.
hopefully there will be some unexpected extra and some OVA's and another season lol
fat chance but still
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 19:53   Link #199
ECFNW

I gave this episode a 6.
Spoiler:
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 21:29   Link #200
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECFNW
I gave this episode a 6.
Spoiler:
yup shirou's an idiot for taking her in..i mean come on she was seriously about to kill ALL of them
after all the hell she gave them he would still take her in??
Rin lost her servant because of her
that battle made him waste a command spell

+ if it offers no advantages y take her in
..maybe she can be used as a human shield in the future
or actually benefit the group somehow
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote