AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 27 15.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 28.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 20.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 5.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.37%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-04-24, 16:06   Link #221
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I am suprise illya hasn't figure it out yet. She saw Archer in action and how familar he was with her. She also just saw Shiroub in action as well.
She probably didn't stop to think about it again.. hence why she hasen't clicked on.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:19   Link #222
Mr. Guy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
That depends on if you believed Archer when he said he doesn't remeber his past.

Personally I think he was lying when he said that. He knew perfectly who was and was using the old "i forgot" excuse to setup his Harem.
Spoiler for Hint at Archer's true identity, not for the slow people:


Nice explanation zato_1one. It's nice to see people coming to their own conclusions regarding such matters
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:28   Link #223
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin.dictive
The episode had its offs in animation (i found the faces pretty erky... u?), but the effect conveyed to the audience is tops. I hope they are going to revise on episode 16 for their DVD release, that'll be great!
Yeah, I was thinking that too, the animation seemed a little off at some points (like the ever so cute Ilya having a wider face, or the scene where Shirou and Saber just stabbed Beserker.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:43   Link #224
thundrakkon
Anime-Only Viewer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar

... Just a few points - Saber has never seen herself as a young girl, until episode 15 as far as I can tell. If you'd never considered yourself a sexual being in any sense, and had absolutely zero relationship experience, how are you more likely to react to a stimulus that gives you the opportunity? Will you all of a flash show outside characteristics of your change (with no evidence to see them happening)? Or are you more likely to change slowly, self consciously, with all the stumbling and the inexperience that this implies?

Saber is doing the self conscious and the inexperience. But she's showing them far to externally, and far too quickly - for someone with no experience, nd probably zero self confidence in a relationship sense, who has considered her femininity to be a complete moot point... That is again, why this development of Saber is too fast.

-Andiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Someone trully inexperienced in love could really, when overwhelmed by this feeling, react like Saber. What's Saber reaction? Her reaction is to not know how to react (except sending off Shirou).
I agree with many respects, Andiyar, concerning Saber. I also agree more with gammaoh's perspective. Both have well thought out reasons. Personally, my perspective on Saber is that she is inexperienced in love, and then she went through a very intimate situation (circuit transfer, probably more in the game than what is shown in the anime) with Shirou.

I think that many girls do grow attached and fall in love with a guy after they have been "intimate," even if she might have been unsure beforehand. Saber suddenly has all those hormones and emotions building up inside of her that she is not used to, and she just doesn't know how to react. Intimacy for an inexperience person could develop feelings of shyness and innocence; since it is a new experience they are not sure how to react to.

Just my 2 cents.

On another note, doesn't the scene with Saber cleaning up the food stuck on Illya remind you of one big, happy family? Papa Shirou, momma Saber, and their little daughter, Illya?

I don't know if this has been discussed before (excuse me if it has), but why is King Arthur a female? At first, I thought that maybe if we talk about past lives, then future lives can be male or female. However, with Saber's spirit and flashbacks, they indicate that she is female. If this is a spoiler, please say so, and I won't inquire more.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:51   Link #225
gammaoh
Reality Marble User
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UBW
Age: 29
Quote:
I don't know if this has been discussed before (excuse me if it has), but why is King Arthur a female? At first, I thought that maybe if we talk about past lives, then future lives can be male or female. However, with Saber's spirit and flashbacks, they indicate that she is female. If this is a spoiler, please say so, and I won't inquire more.
You have to remember that King Arthur is a legend, a myth.

On top of that, it's pretty old (8 centuries if my memory doesn't fail me). Legends are easily corrupt...

For instance, take the Epic of Gilgamesh (I dunno if you read it but I did), the oldest myth ever found so far. Depending on the tablets and on the version, things are altered. It's the same here.

Arturia, who was a female to begin with, became "King of Boo-ri-ten" then a God of War, then... Arthur as we know him.

Remember that this is just in the world of Type-Moon.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:56   Link #226
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
I don't know if this has been discussed before (excuse me if it has), but why is King Arthur a female? At first, I thought that maybe if we talk about past lives, then future lives can be male or female. However, with Saber's spirit and flashbacks, they indicate that she is female. If this is a spoiler, please say so, and I won't inquire more.
Just for a lil' fun - the original idea was to Shirou be a female role, and Saber a male, i'm sure if it was that way it would make a lot of sense.

Myself, i like it how it is - you start to understand how i true warrior who's never loved before in her life starts too, and of course you understand the amount of pride she has.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:58   Link #227
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Just for a lil' fun - the original idea was to Shirou be a female role, and Saber a female, i'm sure if it was that way it would make a lot of sense.
A All YURI cast would have been great.

So it will be Fate Stay Night Slumber Party
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 17:02   Link #228
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
A All YURI cast would have been great.
Sorry, i've corrected what i said - it was Saber being male.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 17:15   Link #229
gammaoh
Reality Marble User
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UBW
Age: 29
As long as it's not yaoi, I'm ok with this. Though I do prefer the actual version...
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 17:55   Link #230
deviousj
Joker and Aoko fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
Send a message via AIM to deviousj
I have my own theory on Berserker's defeat, but it's neither as well grounded as zato_1one's theory nor has much evidence supporting it. It's also somewhat speculation based. No, it's not merely because the title of the episode is called "The Sword of Promised Victory." Well, what everyone probably knows is that Shirou imaged Caliburn, the Sword in the Stone, the blade that Saber had lost forever. However, a comment by Rin later on in the episode referred to the sword as Excalibur, a holy sword. I can only believe that this is an error in the script or that this is a misinterpretation on Rin's part. I do agree with Rin on that the sword was a holy sword. Now, you probably asking why this is important? It's not too unlogical of a deduction to say that a holy sword can purify the darkness in one's soul, is it? Well, I've heard people refer to a fight in the game as "Shirou/Dark Berserker" and unless there is an alteration in the anime I believe that this is the aforementioned fight. Now, since Caliburn is a holy sword and Shirou is in arms against Dark Berserker wouldn't you say that Caliburn can purify Berserker's soul? Or rather, it freed Heracle's spirit of the darkness and thus freed it from his body. I believe that God Hand can only affect the body, not the spirit therefore the reason that Archer has such a tough time is that because he attacked Berserker's body which is affected by the God Hand. on the other hand, Shirou and Saber directly attacked his soul and in doing so defeated him in one attack.
deviousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 18:07   Link #231
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousj
I have my own theory on Berserker's defeat, but it's neither as well grounded as zato_1one's theory nor has much evidence supporting it. It's also somewhat speculation based. No, it's not merely because the title of the episode is called "The Sword of Promised Victory." Well, what everyone probably knows is that Shirou imaged Caliburn, the Sword in the Stone, the blade that Saber had lost forever. However, a comment by Rin later on in the episode referred to the sword as Excalibur, a holy sword. I can only believe that this is an error in the script or that this is a misinterpretation on Rin's part. I do agree with Rin on that the sword was a holy sword. Now, you probably asking why this is important? It's not too unlogical of a deduction to say that a holy sword can purify the darkness in one's soul, is it? Well, I've heard people refer to a fight in the game as "Shirou/Dark Berserker" and unless there is an alteration in the anime I believe that this is the aforementioned fight. Now, since Caliburn is a holy sword and Shirou is in arms against Dark Berserker wouldn't you say that Caliburn can purify Berserker's soul? Or rather, it freed Heracle's spirit of the darkness and thus freed it from his body. I believe that God Hand can only affect the body, not the spirit therefore the reason that Archer has such a tough time is that because he attacked Berserker's body which is affected by the God Hand. on the other hand, Shirou and Saber directly attacked his soul and in doing so defeated him in one attack.
Nice try but Dark Berserker refer to something else completely.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 18:13   Link #232
deviousj
Joker and Aoko fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
Send a message via AIM to deviousj
Well, there goes my theory. I guess I can still say that Caliburn is an weapon that attacks the spirit.
deviousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 19:10   Link #233
Takemi_Ikazuchi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Alternate World
blame everything on Shirou's magic circuit turning gold

trust me. there is a significance to that
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 19:20   Link #234
deviousj
Joker and Aoko fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
Send a message via AIM to deviousj
Well, one of my friends believes that Shirou's magic circuit turning gold is the result of a spiritual connection with Saber. It's interesting, but I'm not entirely sure if I can agree with it. Shirou is more powerful when that occurs, but I can only make wild guesses at the moment. Most likely, it has something to do with his bloodline. Maybe he's somehow connected to a certain person who shows up in the OP.
deviousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 20:57   Link #235
kamikazex
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
i was just browsing and stuff but DAMN
the game one is just waaaay better
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 21:15   Link #236
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 29
Until Shirou starts to use his UBW there's no way to be sure actually. I would like to see that alot.
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 22:24   Link #237
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Just been researching and found out how come Shirou killed berserker 7 times in 1 hit.

As you know, apart from physical attacks, some servent/masters can cast magical spells. However each servents have their own level of immunity against magic. For saber's case, she can nullify any magic below rank A.
For berserker, thhe has no magic resistance, meaning all beserker classes are very open to magic attacks. However, this doesn't apply to Hercules, 'cause he has a mad enchantment, which can deflect ALL attacks with a power ranking lower than A. This is expressed in the anime where Shirou's arrow has no effect on beserker, even it's a dead hit. In the novel itself, it's clearly explained by Rin herself.
Anyways, back on the topic. The question is, a well aimed attack of rank A hit beserker will kill him in one go, what about having an attack of rank A+ to hit him? Would he die twice or so? More so, what if beserker suffers a continous attack from a weapon with A++ attack?
Beserker will lose a life upon contact of the attack, there is no doubt, and as long as the attack is continous, he will keep loosing lives until there is none. You can see in the anime the sword remained in beserker's body for quite some time, unleashing all its power within him, and that way it killed beserker 7 times. (Should beserker have more lives I'm sure it'll be drained away as long as the sword is still powerful)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 22:25   Link #238
kamikazex
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
same here.. shirou's UBW. damn
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 00:25   Link #239
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I am suprise illya hasn't figure it out yet. She saw Archer in action and how familar he was with her. She also just saw Shiroub in action as well.
How do we know that she didn't. If she did figure it out she wouldn't say anything as long as she thought that Shirou and Rin didn't know.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 00:58   Link #240
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Ok on how beserker was defeated was... He just was.. Life goes on ^^

On the other hand is ilyasviel actually knew then why would she bring it up to them on the first place... Of course it'll help shirou with a lot of victories but... Shes still a master ^^. Just kill shirou when hes sleeping by some evil way like "Look into my eyes again" and dies... Doubt it...
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.