AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-13, 14:45   Link #3061
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I can't do anything with my girlfriend. Because I live in a homeless shelter and have zero privacy, and don't have the money to rent a hotel room for the day. And the shelter treats people living there like children, so there's no way we can do anything. At all.

This sucks. =|
Sorry but...how do you use a computer if you live in a homeless shelter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
With the money I don't have, yeah...

I want to have sex with her, because it hasn't been able to happen due to logistical concerns. This is annoying me tremendously.

Shit I wish I had more friends here, at least then maybe someone would be able to loan us a guest room for a few hours. ><
You can always steal someone's credit card and use it to get a room at a cheap motel where they only care about getting paid.



Seriously, don't steal a credit card though, that's not cool.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:54   Link #3062
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I can't do anything with my girlfriend. Because I live in a homeless shelter and have zero privacy, and don't have the money to rent a hotel room for the day. And the shelter treats people living there like children, so there's no way we can do anything. At all.

This sucks. =|
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
With the money I don't have, yeah...

I want to have sex with her, because it hasn't been able to happen due to logistical concerns. This is annoying me tremendously.

Shit I wish I had more friends here, at least then maybe someone would be able to loan us a guest room for a few hours. ><
Snap! How'd you end up in there? If I lived near Berkeley I might, but I'm like tens of thousands of miles away, and don't have a guest room anyway. What about her place?
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:57   Link #3063
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Doesn't she have a place to invite you to?
She's there, too. We're casualties of the shitty economy. We're not the only ones, either. There's at least four other couples and two of them are married, and we can barely even look at our partners lovingly without the staff members flipping out about inappropriate behavior. =|

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Sorry but...how do you use a computer if you live in a homeless shelter?
When I got evicted from my apartment, I only lost most of my stuff, but not all. I still have an older Asus netbook which I use at various free wifi hotspots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Snap! How'd you end up in there? If I lived near Berkeley I might, but I'm like tens of thousands of miles away, and don't have a guest room anyway. What about her place?
... she's in the shelter, too.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:11   Link #3064
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
She's there, too. We're casualties of the shitty economy. We're not the only ones, either. There's at least four other couples and two of them are married, and we can barely even look at our partners lovingly without the staff members flipping out about inappropriate behavior. =|
Well, you are with other people and should act respectfully. Although you don't have to worry about getting knocked up accidentally and adding a new resident to the shelter.

Quote:
When I got evicted from my apartment, I only lost most of my stuff, but not all. I still have an older Asus netbook which I use at various free wifi hotspots.
That's rough. I can't and won't begin to imagine or understand any of that. I'm living at home and if I ever get evicted, I'd have my parents, grandparents, aunts, and cousins offer me a place to stay.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:14   Link #3065
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, you are with other people and should act respectfully. Although you don't have to worry about getting knocked up accidentally and adding a new resident to the shelter.
Well it'd be kind of hard for that to happen in the first place since we're both girls. >.>;
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:20   Link #3066
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Well it'd be kind of hard for that to happen in the first place since we're both girls. >.>;
Yeah, exactly. Hence the joke.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:27   Link #3067
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
She's there, too. We're casualties of the shitty economy. We're not the only ones, either. There's at least four other couples and two of them are married, and we can barely even look at our partners lovingly without the staff members flipping out about inappropriate behavior. =|



When I got evicted from my apartment, I only lost most of my stuff, but not all. I still have an older Asus netbook which I use at various free wifi hotspots.



... she's in the shelter, too.
Ah, that's quite bad. As far as wishing you all the best, there isn't much I can do
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 16:06   Link #3068
Animelover#1
Kouta...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Age: 19
this is the part where i'd like to smack the world leaders in the face. I've read a book on homelessness. If you don't have a home address it's extremely difficult to get a job.

Syn, Do either you or your partner have any friends or relatives you can borrow a room from untill you can get a job?
__________________
http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/uploads/signaturepics/sigpic481_2.gif
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 16:19   Link #3069
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
Syn, Do either you or your partner have any friends or relatives you can borrow a room from untill you can get a job?
I can't speak for her partner, but Syn and her family aren't on the best of terms.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 16:55   Link #3070
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I can't speak for her partner, but Syn and her family aren't on the best of terms.
Sounds really bad. Really makes me upset knowing this is happening.
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:10   Link #3071
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
I need one of those. Name a shop that would normally sell them
Ebay. Of course! You can get them too at any cosplay shop, but I am not sure about J-list if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I can't speak for her partner, but Syn and her family aren't on the best of terms.
Her parents already did the job of raising her. How she lives the rest of her life, and who she chooses to be with, is entirely up to her. Though the rest of the society should have that minimal intelligence to comprehend the abovementioned fact.

I am a person who supports the rights of same-sex relationship (F-F only) for "whimsical" reasons (I find yuri cute and beautiful, and yaoi downright disgusting), so I won't preach about the natural place of XY-XX bonds in continuity of whatever shit human race reasons. I never had a love relationship with a girl IRL before, but I do know the pragmatic side of its sustainability still boils down to money, which means, a stable job.

No offense Syn, but if you change your outlook about the world abit, your life might change for the better. The next job you find, do it with a positive attitude, for a start. It is because if there are people like Drago who don't reel their head in disgust at your sexuality, and yet are still able to crack jokes about it, it goes to show that the world is not as screwed up as you think it to be.

P.S I have family issues too. I know how is it like to be branded the black sheep of the family. Baa~.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:15   Link #3072
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
It must suck for Valentine's day to be stuck without a place to live. On a seperate note, it's also Chinese New Year. Year of the Tiger (my mum's a tiger)
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:16   Link #3073
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
My outlook usually isn't this bad. I'm generally a pretty even-tempered person and I don't wallow around in depression. But this economy is making it so where it's just about impossible. For a year I've been trying to find work and it's been utterly unsuccessful.

I'm perfectly willing to go into a new job with a fresh and positive outlook... after all, I've been broke and having to cede control of my life to others for so long now, I'll be deliriously happy when I'm finally pulling in an income again.

Problem is, I'm not getting that new job. Nobody's hiring, and if they are, they're hiring people who aren't me. Nothing's changing. Nothing's getting better. Actually, things are kind of worse now that my cell phone ran out of service days. Since that happened, I haven't had a single interview.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:18   Link #3074
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
My outlook usually isn't this bad. I'm generally a pretty even-tempered person and I don't wallow around in depression. But this economy is making it so where it's just about impossible. For a year I've been trying to find work and it's been utterly unsuccessful.

I'm perfectly willing to go into a new job with a fresh and positive outlook... after all, I've been broke and having to cede control of my life to others for so long now, I'll be deliriously happy when I'm finally pulling in an income again.

Problem is, I'm not getting that new job. Nobody's hiring, and if they are, they're hiring people who aren't me. Nothing's changing. Nothing's getting better. Actually, things are kind of worse now that my cell phone ran out of service days. Since that happened, I haven't had a single interview.
Not even at the local fast food joint or supermarket?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:21   Link #3075
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Taking off-topic discussions to PM so the mods don't kill me. ^^;
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:30   Link #3076
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
My outlook usually isn't this bad. I'm generally a pretty even-tempered person and I don't wallow around in depression. But this economy is making it so where it's just about impossible. For a year I've been trying to find work and it's been utterly unsuccessful.

I'm perfectly willing to go into a new job with a fresh and positive outlook... after all, I've been broke and having to cede control of my life to others for so long now, I'll be deliriously happy when I'm finally pulling in an income again.

Problem is, I'm not getting that new job. Nobody's hiring, and if they are, they're hiring people who aren't me. Nothing's changing. Nothing's getting better. Actually, things are kind of worse now that my cell phone ran out of service days. Since that happened, I haven't had a single interview.
Sure sounds like hell. Here we have anti-discriminatory laws that allows anyone to have a fair go and only allows dismissal under the grounds of incompetence, or being laid off due to cuts like the recession.

Okay, I'll bring it back to dating. My mum's dating this guy who's been living with us for 2 years (they'd get the bloody knot tied if it weren't so expensive). I'm okay with it, but I cringe everytime I watch them get lovey dovey and talk suggestively. From a teen's point of view, and to all other teens living at home, who thinks watching their parents get a bit steamy in front of their kids is a bit...inappropriate?
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:40   Link #3077
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Sure sounds like hell. Here we have anti-discriminatory laws that allows anyone to have a fair go and only allows dismissal under the grounds of incompetence, or being laid off due to cuts like the recession.
No matter how anti-discriminatory laws are placed, office politics still trumps them. For example, you can sack a gay by quoting the following reasons :

1. Personal beliefs harming image of company (government can't do anything. Really)
2. Incompetence in work (done by demanding ridiculous standards then editing the paperwork and accounts)
3. Customer dissatisfaction (fabricating feedback from customer, the easiest way of sacking an employee)

Profit motive and self-interest are often the basic of businesses, and that is what generates income and creates relevant competition.

I think it is time we get back to the topic Haru. We have derailed this for way too much.

As of now, it is OFFICIALLY V-DAY. But I am still staying alone at home. Personally, I don't think I am going to bother looking out for a date because I don't think there is a need for me to have a girlfriend. TBH, I am quite happy with my figures and my waifus, and I think that is enough for emotional contentment. Finances and studies first for me now, when I am old and ugly but rich and powerful, girls will flock around me.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:48   Link #3078
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Okay, I'll bring it back to dating. My mum's dating this guy who's been living with us for 2 years (they'd get the bloody knot tied if it weren't so expensive). I'm okay with it, but I cringe everytime I watch them get lovey dovey and talk suggestively. From a teen's point of view, and to all other teens living at home, who thinks watching their parents get a bit steamy in front of their kids is a bit...inappropriate?
Considering how I'm not even really comfortable with just kissing my girlfriend in public... I would be mortified to be caught in the act by my (hypothetical) kids!
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:54   Link #3079
hinakatbklyn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

As of now, it is OFFICIALLY V-DAY. But I am still staying alone at home. Personally, I don't think I am going to bother looking out for a date because I don't think there is a need for me to have a girlfriend. TBH, I am quite happy with my figures and my waifus, and I think that is enough for emotional contentment. Finances and studies first for me now, when I am old and ugly but rich and powerful, girls will flock around me.
Doesn't hurt to be patient, but don't wait that long. Alone, yes. But I'm not throwing in the towel just yet nor am I staying home tomorrow (in your case today).
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 17:58   Link #3080
Patch&Quilt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Sure sounds like hell. Here we have anti-discriminatory laws that allows anyone to have a fair go and only allows dismissal under the grounds of incompetence, or being laid off due to cuts like the recession.

Okay, I'll bring it back to dating. My mum's dating this guy who's been living with us for 2 years (they'd get the bloody knot tied if it weren't so expensive). I'm okay with it, but I cringe everytime I watch them get lovey dovey and talk suggestively. From a teen's point of view, and to all other teens living at home, who thinks watching their parents get a bit steamy in front of their kids is a bit...inappropriate?
Lucky for me, my parents never do that.
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.