AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-13, 18:21   Link #3081
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
From a teen's point of view, and to all other teens living at home, who thinks watching their parents get a bit steamy in front of their kids is a bit...inappropriate?
My parents have never done anything like that. Well, they have a few times, but for some reason I don't find it inappropriate at all. Kind of funny sometimes, and rather sweet at others.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:18   Link #3082
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
My parents have never done anything like that. Well, they have a few times, but for some reason I don't find it inappropriate at all. Kind of funny sometimes, and rather sweet at others.
It gets weird when you're preparing dinner and one says to the other "You've been naughty, maybe I should put you over my knee and spank you" in the dining area about 5 metres away.
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:20   Link #3083
Patch&Quilt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
It gets weird when you're preparing dinner and one says to the other "You've been naughty, maybe I should put you over my knee and spank you" in the dining area about 5 metres away.
haha, that's pretty funny.
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:28   Link #3084
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
...

Maybe back to dating, and I think we should talk about how to make a night out good when you don't actually have money to spend (sorta thinking about me here, but also Syn for obvious reasons). Maybe just a nice walk in a local park?

Might I also suggest, for those living near me, that the automated public toilets found near the town centre is not the best place to do it. There's a 10minute loitering alert and if you're in there for too long, the doors will open automatically no matter what your situation. Hell, avoid them altogether and run the extra 400metres to the town centre if you need to pee because I don't trust them.
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 20:27   Link #3085
Lio
Presence
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Maybe just a nice walk in a local park?

Might I also suggest, for those living near me, that the automated public toilets found near the town centre is not the best place to do it. There's a 10minute loitering alert and if you're in there for too long, the doors will open automatically no matter what your situation. Hell, avoid them altogether and run the extra 400metres to the town centre if you need to pee because I don't trust them.
Wait- what? I have a feeling I'm reading it wrong and misunderstood your post completely...
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 20:31   Link #3086
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio View Post
Wait- what? I have a feeling I'm reading it wrong and misunderstood your post completely...
No, it's just Harufox being random and going off on tangent, even within their own post as usual. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu
Well, I went out and bought a small heart shaped box of chocolates for her. It also came with a small red teddy bear. So, hopefully that won't scare her off.
I'm sure you'll have a lovely day regardless. Have fun
__________________

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 20:43   Link #3087
Animelover#1
Kouta...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Age: 19
I understood his post. also my view on sexuality is
M-F = yes.
F-F = yes
M-M = no

Why? because gay men.. act gay.
They act all femenine and dress and talk wierd eugh. If they acted normally it would be fine. I mean you dont find lesbian couples acting masculine just to prove they are lesbians. Also, as men, we can talk to lesbians and know they arn't coming onto you, but a gay guy is usually a straight guys worst nightmare (no offence to gays, if any is taken then its the guy who posts nexts fault )
__________________
http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/uploads/signaturepics/sigpic481_2.gif
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 21:10   Link #3088
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
No, it's just Harufox being random and going off on tangent, even within their own post as usual. xD
It's hard not to, I can only see so much of what I'm writing before I forget and start posting oxymorons. The phone's screen is only so big
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 21:18   Link #3089
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
I mean you dont find lesbian couples acting masculine just to prove they are lesbians.
Yes, you do.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 21:37   Link #3090
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yes, you do.
I think he's saying that in his opinion it's nowhere near as creepy. Again, I hold no prejudices for anyone's sexual orientation, so long as they remember I'm straight. As such, I tend to avoid putting something down by saying "That's gay".
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 22:18   Link #3091
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
(no offence to gays, if any is taken then its the guy who posts nexts fault )
Bull-, you meant offense. You're clearly insecure about it and don't like *eww* those gays.

Why would you guys think that all gays come on to them all the time? Especially when people who are gay know very well that this is the reaction of many "straight" guys, meaning they are even more sensitive than you, or anyone for that matter, about approaching potential new partners for fear of exactly that.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 00:02   Link #3092
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
It could be 100x worse though, like it was back in High School, with all the guys buying their girlfriends ENORMOUS teddy bears, along side with 20 box of chocolates, and enough balloons to get them to the United Kingdom.
You just gave me the idea of giving my date a stuffed Etopen for Valentine's Day. Luckily for my wallet, there's no way I'd ever get one in time.

(Why Etopen? You'd need to have seen my date's reaction to scene in Saki where Etopen gets ripped to understand.)
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 00:51   Link #3093
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
So, it's V-Day today, and once again I'm stuck with nowhere to go, and no one to go out with. However, anyone who's seen me in this thread recently should have figured this shouldn't be the case, right? Lemme explain.

By some fluke of fate, this year's V-Day coincides with the Chinese New Year (Year of the Tiger, which I am, raawrrr). And the funny thing is, the Vietnamese celebrate it too (they call it Tet over there). So....apart from the fact that I'm busy enough visiting my relatives as it is, there's also the fact that she's actually doing more or less the same thing....more than 1700km away in her hometown of Da Nang, Vietnam.

So, yeah. Which isn't too bad I guess, since it's entirely possible that she might not even know the significance of V-Day anyway, given her cultural background. XD
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 03:18   Link #3094
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
You just gave me the idea of giving my date a stuffed Etopen for Valentine's Day. Luckily for my wallet, there's no way I'd ever get one in time.

(Why Etopen? You'd need to have seen my date's reaction to scene in Saki where Etopen gets ripped to understand.)
It looks like a giant, alternatively coloured soccer ball to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, it's V-Day today, and once again I'm stuck with nowhere to go, and no one to go out with. However, anyone who's seen me in this thread recently should have figured this shouldn't be the case, right? Lemme explain.

By some fluke of fate, this year's V-Day coincides with the Chinese New Year (Year of the Tiger, which I am, raawrrr). And the funny thing is, the Vietnamese celebrate it too (they call it Tet over there). So....apart from the fact that I'm busy enough visiting my relatives as it is, there's also the fact that she's actually doing more or less the same thing....more than 1700km away in her hometown of Da Nang, Vietnam.

So, yeah. Which isn't too bad I guess, since it's entirely possible that she might not even know the significance of V-Day anyway, given her cultural background. XD
With the advent of technology, I am sure you still can exchange your messages of love through an online messenger service. But I would suggest that you make this date up somewhere next week because V-day comes only once per year, and having a few important days in the year to remember by is a good way of strengthening a otherwise boring male-female relationship.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 05:06   Link #3095
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
I got some chinese good luck money (well, not really. It's just $15 regular Australian Dollars). I didn't get to see my girlfriend today (caught up in New Year's Yum Cha and 3-more hours at a department store), so I might stop over at the town centre early tomorrow morning at the 1 shop that might be open at 7.45am to buy her some chocolate.
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 07:44   Link #3096
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Happy Valentine's everyone
I'm merrily doing anything I can to forget it's V.day so that I don't get depressed over the fact that I don't have a girlfriend...except this post!
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 10:40   Link #3097
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Happy Valentine's Day.

I'll be spending it doing pre-cal homework and trying my best to not be distracted while talking to Brad via video chat.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:54   Link #3098
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind you >:)
Age: 17
Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Valentines day = The day singles feel ashamed to be single and where the next day your friends talk about there V.D >.>
__________________

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:58   Link #3099
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaho-Chi View Post
Valentines day = The day singles feel ashamed to be single and where the next day your friends talk about there V.D >.>
It can suck for singles, and to a degree, I wish it wasn't promoted so heavily (it is to sell cards and candy!), because it does make singles feel kinda bad. Even if they don't normally, it does prompt others to ask "So, when are you getting someone?" even if they have no desire to.

Showing someone you care shouldn't be a one day a year thing, also.

But still, I don't mind the holiday as much as I used to, as it's all in fun, and some people really do enjoy it. And I'll be spending the day talking to someone I really care about, which always cheers me up.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:09   Link #3100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I wouldn't mind Valentines Day if I lived in Japan. I could care less about getting something, it's giving something that's the pain in the ass.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.