AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-14, 12:44   Link #3101
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
It can suck for singles, and to a degree, I wish it wasn't promoted so heavily (it is to sell cards and candy!), because it does make singles feel kinda bad. Even if they don't normally, it does prompt others to ask "So, when are you getting someone?" even if they have no desire to.

Showing someone you care shouldn't be a one day a year thing, also.

But still, I don't mind the holiday as much as I used to, as it's all in fun, and some people really do enjoy it. And I'll be spending the day talking to someone I really care about, which always cheers me up.
You can always make yourself feel better by marketing chocolates or similar Valentine Day gifts. Simply think of a service to sell, paste posters 1-2weeks in advance, then work to rake in a temporary income.

I doubt you would be sad if you see the money coming into your hands.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:54   Link #3102
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You can always make yourself feel better by marketing chocolates or similar Valentine Day gifts. Simply think of a service to sell, paste posters 1-2weeks in advance, then work to rake in a temporary income.

I'm not really sad (although I was before), but you make an interesting point... shamelessly make money off people in love, who will compulsively buy things for the person they love... =D
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 13:25   Link #3103
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

DAMN YOU! You should have said that a couple of weeks ago, now I'm stuck at home working on V-Day... Oh well, it's not like I had someone to go out with... and I caught a really bad flu yesterday...

Nevermind that, V-Day is cursed to me I tells yah, can't remember the last time it went well for me...

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 13:40   Link #3104
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
You just gave me the idea of giving my date a stuffed Etopen for Valentine's Day. Luckily for my wallet, there's no way I'd ever get one in time.

(Why Etopen? You'd need to have seen my date's reaction to scene in Saki where Etopen gets ripped to understand.)
Whoa, Tux sure let himself go!
Old 2010-02-14, 13:58   Link #3105
Shiemi
Counting days

My boyfriend proposed today. I am engaged.

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:02   Link #3106
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Congratulations

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:08   Link #3107
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Congratulations! I hope you have a lovely wedding!
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:21   Link #3108
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
*stretch* Quarter past 6. In bed. Kinda hard to read when your vision goes in and out every now and then
Quote:
I'm not really sad (although I was before), but you make an interesting point... shamelessly make money off people in love, who will compulsively buy things for the person they love... =D
Talk about cut-throat. It's hard to believe that businesses can and will mooch of the un-savvy during times like this. Christmas is the same too.
Quote:
*toast* to Shiemi, and her fiancee.
Old 2010-02-14, 14:27   Link #3109
Habhome

Congrats!

Quote:
It can suck for singles, and to a degree, I wish it wasn't promoted so heavily (it is to sell cards and candy!)
I'm surprised how little advertising I've seen about it this year actually. Though perhaps it's just me not having been interested in it. I couldn't do anything with my GF anyway and I was busy with a robot project. So no date for me today.
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:27   Link #3110
Patch&Quilt

Quote:
Congratulations
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 15:08   Link #3111
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Congrats! That is something nice to hear.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 15:14   Link #3112
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

Cheesy day to do it, I have to say, lol.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 15:17   Link #3113
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Quote:
Congrats Shiemi

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 16:10   Link #3114
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I wouldn't mind Valentines Day if I lived in Japan. I could care less about getting something, it's giving something that's the pain in the ass.
That's contradictionary then since girls give something on St Val's and boys give something on white day.
And then there's the girichoco issue...
It has zero of the original meaning or nuance of St Val's is meant to be about and all about the chocolate, so meh.
(Feels like there should have been a St Val's thread made now)...
I'll expand in the Japanese culture thread if you wish, it's kinda turned off topic in here for a while now...

And shemi, congrats, I'll try to catch you personally later on

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 16:23   Link #3115
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Congratulations!
Old 2010-02-14, 16:30   Link #3116
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

Cheesy day to do it, I have to say, lol.
So true! But considering the circumstances, it wasn't that bad. Let me elaborate a bit. Last time were were together was morning of January 3. We've been doing long distance since I am studying and he is working. We are in different US territories, but he has traveled to see me whenever it has been possible and vice versa. This has been being physically together every few months. So this week, before I got his package, he texted me asking me not to open the package till Sunday. I'm a good girl so even though I received the package on Friday, I behaved and waited till today. I opened the package in front of the webcam as promised. He did the same with mine. It was funny because even though I removed the jewelry box first from the package, it looked like a necklace box so I got more excited about the huge box of Godiva chocolates that was under and placed the jewelry box aside. He asked awkwardly if I was going to open the smaller box and so I did. I started crying silly. So that was more or less how it happened, in case anyone wonders.

And thanks, everyone!

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 17:05   Link #3117
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
So true! But considering the circumstances, it wasn't that bad. Let me elaborate a bit. Last time were were together was morning of January 3. We've been doing long distance since I am studying and he is working. We are in different US territories, but he has traveled to see me whenever it has been possible and vice versa. This has been being physically together every few months. So this week, before I got his package, he texted me asking me not to open the package till Sunday. I'm a good girl so even though I received the package on Friday, I behaved and waited till today. I opened the package in front of the webcam as promised. He did the same with mine. It was funny because even though I removed the jewelry box first from the package, it looked like a necklace box so I got more excited about the huge box of Godiva chocolates that was under and placed the jewelry box aside. He asked awkwardly if I was going to open the smaller box and so I did. I started crying silly. So that was more or less how it happened, in case anyone wonders.

And thanks, everyone!
That is creative. An awfully big gamble though, hoping you don't open it. I wonder if he recorded it all.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 17:21   Link #3118
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Quote:

And thanks, everyone!
Awww thats really sweet (Congrats on the engagement btw)

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 17:33   Link #3119
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
well, this isn't good.

For some, it may be valentine's day, but not for us, which is good. Me and my girlfriend figured that after 4 months of going out, our relationship wasn't going anywhere. We decided to call it quits. I'm not particularly upset as I wasn't too deeply madly in love with her, but it does sort of suck for me.

Ah well, looks like I'll be scouting for someone at tomorrow's swimming carnival.
Old 2010-02-14, 18:12   Link #3120
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Valentine's is over, wait till next year~
Quote:
our relationship wasn't going anywhere. We decided to call it quits. I'm not particularly upset as I wasn't too deeply madly in love with her, but it does sort of suck for me.
I'll get the whiskey...RB will get the ice

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom