AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-17, 14:09   Link #3241
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
o.O Why would you want to mold someone, as opposed to simply wanting them for who they are?
That seems a smidge silly to me.
And if your mate doesn't meet all of your needs, and they're kosher with it, bring in a third, fourth or whatever. I fail to see why anyone should have to be "molded".
Who says it can't be both? We are all different, and any good relationship needs a number of compromises to work. Even more so when you start living together.

He can no longer go out most nights to the bar.

She has to watch her spending.

He has to keep his socks off the floor.

She has to not spend so much time on the phone.

Etc.

Logic dictates that most people don't want to change much of themselves; they want to keep doing everything they were doing before, but it never quite works out that way. You have to compromise in order to have a relationship, so people seek out the path of least resistance, ie, someone who will let me keep doing as much of what I want to, without too many changes.

It's the idealistic world that says two people will find the perfect person who loves them for who they are, and so neither one needs to change a bit.

I live in the more pragmatic and realistic world (perhaps cynical).

Stressing again that this is just on a general, subconscious level, so not everyone is like this. But I find it's important to be aware of these kinds of impulses within me, and accept them, so I don't let them control me.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:12   Link #3242
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
Won't it be easier to just say it using the mouth?
THIS is why the majority of romantic anime male leads are portraited as clueless.
Quote:
I got a slap for being honest.
Girls are shy~
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:17   Link #3243
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Girls are shy~
As of today, she is still waging a cold war against me, blocked me on messenger, ignores me where there are class gatherings. And that is 3 years already. But she is really cute when she is angry, and she isn't a bad girl at all, though abit of a shotacon and a glutton when it comes to dianxin.

Women. They are nothing but trouble. I take that back! I take that back! Don't click the report button!
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:22   Link #3244
cheyannew
PolyPerson!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Who says it can't be both? We are all different, and any good relationship needs a number of compromises to work. Even more so when you start living together.

He can no longer go out most nights to the bar.

She has to watch her spending.

He has to keep his socks off the floor.

She has to not spend so much time on the phone.

Etc.

Logic dictates that most people don't want to change much of themselves; they want to keep doing everything they were doing before, but it never quite works out that way. You have to compromise in order to have a relationship, so people seek out the path of least resistance, ie, someone who will let me keep doing as much of what I want to, without too many changes.

It's the idealistic world that says two people will find the perfect person who loves them for who they are, and so neither one needs to change a bit.

I live in the more pragmatic and realistic world (perhaps cynical).

Stressing again that this is just on a general, subconscious level, so not everyone is like this. But I find it's important to be aware of these kinds of impulses within me, and accept them, so I don't let them control me.

Ahh, see I find there to be a difference between MOLDING someone and them just changing habits on their own. Molding sounds, to me, like you're trying to MAKE your partner change to please you. That doens't work so well, as opposed to them CHOOSING to do it on their own,
__________________
"...we are wolves in a flock of sheep. We are the hunters. We are the Alphas and we are on this Earth to conquer."

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:23   Link #3245
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
ignores me where there are class gatherings.
ouch...but that's tsundere for you! ...or at least you can hope so
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:30   Link #3246
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I had the same answer from the more open girls. But I never understood the "enjoyment out of wearing things" part.
Guys sometimes buy clothes for the sake of wearing them because they simply look good. Girls do the same thing. I sometimes wear something because I feel it looks good on my or I at least like it a lot. It's only understandable that girls like to do it too. Also, taking her out shopping is a great idea for a date :P (although as a guy, I would probably hate it....or...not.....idk )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Then why skip the PE lessons? That weekly dose of soccer (sometimes turning into rugby halfway through the match where some sporty guy on a high would grab the ball and start playing rugby, and the rest would try and tackle him) is much more healthier
Well, for one thing, I don't like shopping online for clothes (as rarely as I do that, but anyways) because I want to know what the garment feels like, how well it fits me and how it looks on me. You can't do that online very well because if it doesn't really fit you, you have to go through all the trouble of sending it back. You don't have to do that in a shop. And yes, if you walk in addition to your PE sessions, then it's even better. There's also the fact that once you reach uni, you don't have PE anymore (at least here in Europe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Won't it be easier to just say it using the mouth? And what is the point of getting angrier at a guy who can't guess such an oblique hint, then calling him stupid?
Maybe they're just shy. Maybe it's a test for compatibility. Maybe they want us to be the hunters and to affirm that we are interested in them by being the first to say it. Who knows? What gives? JUST DO IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What I actually meant was, why complain about growing fat when you girls have been skipping all that P.E classes?
I knew girls who'd never skip those classes if their life depended on them. At least when I was in Saudi, you could get punished pretty badly for skipping so many classes and your grades wouldn't look good, so no skipping for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
For example : there is once where I went out with a group of friends, and this girl was wearing an entirely white dress-shirt with a blue bra, with one of the straps being pink. I commented on it, and she blew up in my face. Literally. Instead of being my usual self where I would talk back in that "I was just pointing that out." tone of voice, I just said off the very top of my mind, "You look cute when you are angry."

I got a slap for being honest.
For reasons I won't disclose, that might sound like something only a perv would say. Or an otaku. Oh....wait.....
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:30   Link #3247
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Ahh, see I find there to be a difference between MOLDING someone and them just changing habits on their own. Molding sounds, to me, like you're trying to MAKE your partner change to please you. That doens't work so well, as opposed to them CHOOSING to do it on their own,
Hrm, not quite. Consider this:

Girl: "Could you put your socks in the hamper instead of the floor?"

Guy: "they get there, eventually."

Girl: "Could you just not leave them on the floor, please?"

Guy: *sighs* "Alright."

Guy has just been molded. Although you could say he chose to as well. Contrast that with a guy finding a girl who doesn't mind his socks on the floor.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:30   Link #3248
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And the most epic of all, they ask if they look fat, but no matter what answer we give, even the "don't know", "huh?" or pretense not to hear, they get offended. There is no right answer to the question!
I think, to be honest, there isn't a single man still alive who has said "yes".
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

For example : there is once where I went out with a group of friends, and this girl was wearing an entirely white dress-shirt with a blue bra, with one of the straps being pink. I commented on it, and she blew up in my face. Literally. Instead of being my usual self where I would talk back in that "I was just pointing that out." tone of voice, I just said off the very top of my mind, "You look cute when you are angry."

I got a slap for being honest.
Things you never say to a girl...you can get away with "you look cute in that dress", but I don't think you should play on emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As of today, she is still waging a cold war against me, blocked me on messenger, ignores me where there are class gatherings. And that is 3 years already. But she is really cute when she is angry, and she isn't a bad girl at all, though abit of a shotacon and a glutton when it comes to dianxin.

Women. They are nothing but trouble. I take that back! I take that back! Don't click the report button!
I won't. It is a rather long time since the incident, no? Maybe she need a bit of...well hang on a minute, 3 years. She's still mad? Not even I hold the grudge against someone that long, and I'm the local champion of having the shortest temper in all of the Western Suburbs (self-proclaimed).
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:31   Link #3249
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I had the same answer from the more open girls. But I never understood the "enjoyment out of wearing things" part.
Now see it the other way. Most girls don't understand how boys can get all excited in front of a soccer match. What's so exciting in watching people running after a ball and doing weird celebration with gay tendencies when the ball ends up in a stupid cage?

Quote:
Then why skip the PE lessons? That weekly dose of soccer (sometimes turning into rugby halfway through the match where some sporty guy on a high would grab the ball and start playing rugby, and the rest would try and tackle him) is much more healthier!
That can be for various reasons. I'll explain some below.

Quote:
Won't it be easier to just say it using the mouth? And what is the point of getting angrier at a guy who can't guess such an oblique hint, then calling him stupid?
You, boys, should feel good about it, we, girls, expect you to be smart. Smart enough to understand us!


Quote:
What I actually meant was, why complain about growing fat when you girls have been skipping all that P.E classes?
Various reasons. It can be

- Because they dislike the sports involved.
- Because the PE teacher/coach is a retard (from their pov of course)
- Because some girls care about their body. I can understand those girls because I am part of them. I do some sport but the way I want and I don't listen to any people ordering me things. Understand that it's not always so simple as wanting it or not. For example, depending on how big your chest is, you have to avoid some sports (or to not do much things when practicing them. Like doing one or two exercices only with the others or not, because the girl knows it would not cause her any damage if she avoid some exercices and movements. Some girls do that. Usually when they just want to follow some friends who practice said sport. The difference with school or professionnal clubs is that in an amateur/hobby club no one can force you to do something you don't want. You pay for it, so you can do what you want. And if the coach bitches about it, then he's an idiot because it's just practiced as a hobby) because if you don't, even with a perfect sport bra, you might damage your chest. Some damages can't be undone I don't think men can imagine how it can be hard, for some, to take care of breasts properly (even more if the girl has a big chest). Anyway, I could write tons of page about things like that but I don't think you care about it
- Because of many other reasons i guess.

Quote:
Seriously, I somehow seem to feel that the most mysterious, yet most dangerous, problematic and troublesome creature in this world, is called the girl. Even though I have female friends, interacting with them, most of the time, can be a real headache because of all the abovementioned. Though annoying and their actions make little logical sense, for a few it makes them, in my opinion, look cute at times.
Sure, but as it is said by William de Baskerville in The Name of the Rose about women

I find it difficult to convince myself that God would have introduced such a foul being into creation without endowing her with some virtues

And regarding Love

How peaceful life would be without love, Adso. How safe, how tranquil... and how dull

Quote:
For example : there is once where I went out with a group of friends, and this girl was wearing an entirely white dress-shirt with a blue bra, with one of the straps being pink. I commented on it, and she blew up in my face. Literally. Instead of being my usual self where I would talk back in that "I was just pointing that out." tone of voice, I just said off the very top of my mind, "You look cute when you are angry."

I got a slap for being honest.
You mean you could see her bra through her dress?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:32   Link #3250
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Now see it the other way. Most girls don't understand how boys can get all excited in front of a soccer match. What's so exciting in watching people running after a ball and doing weird celebration with gay tendencies when the ball ends up in a stupid cage?
I don't watch soccer much myself, but I do watch major leagues and cups like the Euro and World.

I see the soccer field as a battlefield, like in the C&C games. Tactics, strategy, style....it is all so interesting, but hard to put in words. And hugging each other and throwing each other around after winning a match isn't gay, this is termed "a victory parade of a brotherhood". And to quote

He who toiled, sweated and bled with me, is he not anything but a brother?


Quote:
You, boys, should feel good about it, we, girls, expect you to be smart. Smart enough to understand us!
But how is SMART has got to be related to such an OBLIQUE, nonsensical hint that points nowhere? Besides, Miku is cute! But she is still a virtual character! Only another real girl can take your place beside that guy!

Quote:
Various reasons. It can be

- Because they dislike the sports involved.
- Because the PE teacher/coach is a retard (from their pov of course)
- Because some girls care about their body. I can understand those girls because I am part of them. I do some sport but the way I want and I don't listen to any people ordering me things. Understand that it's not always so simple as wanting it or not. For example, depending on how big your chest is, you have to avoid some sports (or to not do much things when practicing them. Liek doing one of two exercice with the others "only", because she knows it would not cause her any damage. Some girls do that. Usually when they just want to follow some friends who practice said sport. The difference with school or professionnal clubs is that in an amateur/hobby club no one can force you to do something you don't want. You pay for it, so you can do what you want. And if the coach bitches about it, then he's an idiot because it's just practiced as a hobby) because if you don't, even with a perfect sport bra, you might damage your chest. Some damages can't be undone I don't think men can imagine how it is hard to take care of breasts properly (even more if the girl has a big chest). Anyway, I could write tons of page about things like that but I don't think you care about it
- Because of many other reasons i guess.
TBH, I don't exactly understand why any of the reasons has got anything to do with playing sports, other than the boobs part. But you girls have to understand that if you have big sized boobs, they serve as extra motivation for us to train harder and build those muscles you girls like to look at.

Quote:
Sure, but as it is said by William de Baskerville in The Name of the Rose

I find it difficult to convince myself that God would have introduced such a foul being into creation without endowing her with some virtues

And regarding Love

How peaceful life would be without love, Adso. How safe, how tranquil... and how dull
Very, very true. I can't argue with those quotes.


Quote:
You mean you could see her bra beneath her dress?
It is a WHITE dress. Of course I can see the wrong colour combination! Different frequencies of light permeate through different kinds of membranes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
ouch...but that's tsundere for you! ...or at least you can hope so
Well I guess that is a life lesson for me. She could have been the 6th girl which I date (most likely rejected again though), and now she is shooting all that "I HATE YOU" glare everytime we meet during gatherings.

Funny I never harboured a grudge against her. Maybe because I actually liked her.

20 years down the road when I am an affluent bachelor, I am going to sit down, look back at this, and LAUGH.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-02-17 at 14:47.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:33   Link #3251
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
Ahh, see I find there to be a difference between MOLDING someone and them just changing habits on their own. Molding sounds, to me, like you're trying to MAKE your partner change to please you. That doens't work so well, as opposed to them CHOOSING to do it on their own,
People aren't psychics, you need to tell them that something bothers you before they can choose to change that. Pushing too much and subjugating them is molding. Pointing in the right direction and letting them act as they will is...well, letting them choose.
Quote:
Well I guess that is a life lesson for me. She could have been the 6th girl which I date (most likely rejected again though), and now she is shooting all that "I HATE YOU" glare everytime we meet during gatherings.

Funny I never harboured a grudge against her. Maybe because I actually liked her.

20 years down the road when I am an affluent bachelor, I am going to sit down, look back at this, and LAUGH.
True grudges are rare, girls just die of guilt thinking how their actions can ruin YOUR life. Just playing mad is a good way to tell you that she doesn't want you around (mainly because of fear/insecurity that you will cause another awkward situation for her). You can always be straightforward and ask her if she hates your guts, but I'd take that as psychological warfare and then her female friends would make your life a living hell....
laughing yet?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:50   Link #3252
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Now see it the other way. Most girls don't understand how boys can get all excited in front of a soccer match. What's so exciting in watching people running after a ball and doing weird celebration with gay tendencies when the ball ends up in a stupid cage?
Do you even realize HOW WRONG THAT JUST SOUNDED??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't watch soccer much myself, but I do watch major leagues and cups like the Euro and World.

I see the soccer field as a battlefield, like in the C&C games. Tactics, strategy, style....it is all so interesting, but hard to put in words.
I think pretty much most of us who feel even slightly patriotic would feel like you do. But tbh, even I don't see it as a battlefield. HOWEVER, I do enjoy watching MMA or Judo simply because I'm interested in those and practice martial arts myself. It really depends on where your interests lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
But how is SMART has got to be related to such an OBLIQUE, nonsensical hint that points nowhere? Besides, Miku is cute! But she is still a virtual character! Only another real girl can take your place beside that guy!
I'd have to agree with this to some extent, because someone can be smart in one way while someone else can be smart in another. They may not be able to pick up on hints very easily, but they can be consummate analysts, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well I guess that is a life lesson for me. She could have been the 6th girl which I date (most likely rejected again though), and now she is shooting all that "I HATE YOU" glare everytime we meet during gatherings.

Funny I never harboured a grudge against her. Maybe because I actually liked her.

20 years down the road when I am an affluent bachelor, I am going to sit down, look back at this, and LAUGH.
Meh, I guess there is such a thing as being too direct.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:51   Link #3253
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Things you never say to a girl...you can get away with "you look cute in that dress", but I don't think you should play on emotions.
But she really has that cute look on her face when she is fuming. Really, really cute.

Quote:
I won't. It is a rather long time since the incident, no? Maybe she need a bit of...well hang on a minute, 3 years. She's still mad? Not even I hold the grudge against someone that long, and I'm the local champion of having the shortest temper in all of the Western Suburbs (self-proclaimed).
That is why I said that girls are dangerous creatures. Either they self-destruct, or they become automated machines of destruction.

And either way, people around them still get hurt, both physically and emotionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Do you even realize HOW WRONG THAT JUST SOUNDED??????
Now you have pointed that out, it made me realise that

gay tendencies - actions of yaoi

balls in a cage - Male Chastity device



Quote:
Meh, I guess there is such a thing as being too direct.
It was a compliment! Compliments are supposed to be direct! Why the heck did she get angry at that for?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:57   Link #3254
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
But she really has that cute look on her face when she is fuming. Really, really cute.
Maybe she's trying to look angry so you can have your fill of cute, never saw that coming aaah?
Quote:
Meh, I guess there is such a thing as being too direct.
I beg to differ^^
Quote:
Besides, Miku is cute! But she is still a virtual character! Only another real girl can take your place beside that guy!
How did I neglect to comment on this little piece! Virtual girls are just as much of a threat, because they can be seen as "perfect", suggesting that you're bored of your "flawed" girlfriend. The ""s indicate female thoughts, mind you.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:58   Link #3255
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't watch soccer much myself, but I do watch major leagues and cups like the Euro and World.

I see the soccer field as a battlefield, like in the C&C games. Tactics, strategy, style....it is all so interesting, but hard to put in words.
Well, to me it's just like a circus with clowns in shorts who run after a ball like retards But I admit it can be funny at times



Quote:
But how is SMART has got to be related to such an OBLIQUE, nonsensical hint that points nowhere? Besides, Miku is cute! But she is still a virtual character! Only another real girl can take your place beside that guy!
I don't see how a guy can't get the message TBH... if he uses his brain a bit

Quote:
TBH, I don't exactly understand why any of the reasons has got anything to do with playing sports, other than the boobs part. But you girls have to understand that if you have big sized boobs, they serve as extra motivation for us to train harder and build those muscles you girls like to look at.
Because girls can be complicated and since the majority doesn't have what they would need to do sports at home the way they want, they have to rely on gym/fitness/sport clubs and sometimes it can be annoying (not being able to do it the way they want. Not wanting all those strangers around them. Especially the Mister-Muscles that spends all his days there hitting on women etc.), but I didn't deny that some of them are just lazy. But not all

Quote:
Very, very true. I can't argue with those quotes.
Watch this movie, it's great (sean connery and great story). It's originally an italian novel IIRC.

Quote:
It is a WHITE dress. Of course I can see the wrong colour combination! Different frequencies of light permeate through different kinds of membranes.
I have difficulties to understand why she got angry then, because she should have been aware that people would see through it. What did you exactly say to her?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:59   Link #3256
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I do believe that is not applicable to all girls. But to MOST girls, at least.

You probably won't see Narona/Syn/Rad/Myst/<female forum member> behaving like this, except the clothes part. In addition - they are probably hiding collapsible spiked bats in their purses.
Actually I was hiding an FN Herstal FNP9 9mm automatic in my purse, but I had to sell it to pay bills after I got laid off.

Now I go around unarmed... and it feels extremely weird after carrying a gun for so long.

I do go a little nuts over clothes, makeup and shoes, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Ask them about music : it'd be pop with hunks.
Ask them about food : it is always those that are exquisite and in small portions, yet cost more than a bomb. Rarely would one or two come along and discuss cooking.
Ask them about clothes : they won't stop talking about it.
Ask them about school/studies : they would rant about how incompetent the teachers are, how boring lectures are, how bitchy the female Chemistry teacher looks, how good-looking the Maths teacher is, etc

And most interestingly, they always seem to talk about how bad, ugly and lousy other people are (esp other girls), but they never take a look in the mirror at themselves and spot their own faults.
I'm laughing really hard because this is pretty much spot-on for most of the girls I knew in high school and a good percentage of girls I know now. Fortunately my status as an enormous lesbian-nerd prevents me from falling into this unfortunate category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I guess not. I see dating as the early stages of a potentially romantic relationship. Not a forum to dicuss politics, global warming etc. Therefore there should be laughter, smiling, flirting, blushing - not things that come with overly serious discussion. Not to say someone who is intelligent and can articulate themselves isn't attractive, but the topics you mentioned above are actually a matter of education.

Many people aren't so well educated. What are you going to do? Discard a really great person because they, for instance, don't care about politics and chose not to educate themselves on the matter?
Yes and no. I am extremely fond of deep, serious discussions and debates, and the ability to reciprocate is something I look for in all of my friends. That includes people I date.

It's a matter of education, yes, so it's not as if being undereducated is a non-starter. The girl I am dating right now, she has enormous gaping holes in her education that you could drive a Mack truck through, and she displays a marked lack of common sense and poorly-developed social skills.

That doesn't mean she's stupid. Not everyone learns common sense as early in life as I did. I know plenty of people two and three times my age who don't have a lick of common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
How can planned shopping trips be exciting? Wherever there is a group outing, we guys would always be the ones waiting outside stores while the girls just spend half-an-hour inside, spend up to $50-$100 on clothes they wear only once or twice.
It's more about just going out with friends and having a good time than it's actually about buying something. For example, if I go shopping by myself, it's a very efficient and time-sensitive exercise. I go precisely where I need to go, buy what I need to get, and then come on home.

And while a lot of girls do spend large sums of cash on clothes they don't commonly wear, this isn't the case for everyone. I won't buy something unless I'm going to wear it at least on a semi-regular basis. This is why I don't own any really formal wear--what good would a floor-length evening gown do me? If I need to go to a really shiny party or to someone's wedding, I'll rent or borrow.

(Or hope, in the case of weddings, that the bride would have enough good sense to let us buy or use dresses that are useful beyond being a bridesmaid...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And there is lingerie shopping. It is beyond me why girls would spend a two digit sum over a piece of undergarment that is never seen worn, or why they would actually want the guys to follow them into the store (can't we just wait outside with the rest of your shopping?).
I like spending money on cute lingerie, and I know you're somewhat inexperienced with women, but when girls buy pretty lacy bras and panties, they are intending these things to be seen.

Do you really think girls wear eighty-dollar French bras on a regular day-to-day basis? Hell no; we put that stuff on when we're hoping someone else is going to be taking it off for us!

Day to day I wear cheap white, black or tan bras I buy at Target, and cotton panties that come six pair in a pack. Lingerie is like fancy giftwrap for our partner's dearly-desired present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Most of all, shopping online is significantly cheaper than buying from store, yet it eludes me why girls would actually want to spend an hour walking around an entire mall just for a tank top that can be found in most blogshops. *facepalm*
Buying clothes and shoes online is a crapshoot, especially for women. Unlike men, women's clothing sizes are not standardized. For example, I wear a size 9/10 pants. However, some manufacturers run small, so I wear an 11/12 for them, and some run large, so I wear a 7/8 for them.

Shoes are the same way. I have fourteen pair of shoes right now. Most of them are size 10, but a lot of them are 11, and at least one pair is size 9.5. All of them fit quite well, but with women's clothes you cannot go by the size. You really have to try it on first. That's why I don't buy clothes online.

(I'll buy almost everything else online, though, as long as shipping isn't killer and the distributor is out of state so I can escape paying sales tax).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Finally : I find girls skip Physical Education lessons more often and berate us guys for tracking mud into the class after a game of soccer, but yet they are always complaining that they are fat and couldn't fit into the clothes they bought a long time ago. Interestingly, they actually remembered when they bought the clothes when we have never seen them wear it before.
Complaining about weight is more an insecurity issue than anything else. I've actually been complaining about my weight to friends--not because I'm gaining, but because I'm losing weight and I really shouldn't be. It was nice at first, because some of my pants and skirts fit a lot nicer now, but I'm a little worried that my poor diet in the homeless shelter is resulting in malnutrition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm honestly not a big fan of shopping myself, drive my mother insane, but for me part of the fun of walking through a mall with my family or a group of my friends is less about what I'm buying and more about the bonding time. It's not really about how one thing is cheaper than the other, it's about spending time with your friends, hanging out, and just in general reinforcing that bond, even over something as boring (to me) as shopping.
Agreed completely. This is why I love to go shopping with my friends. By myself, I just get in, buy what I need, then get out. But I'll spend the whole day at the mall or wherever if I'm out with people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
For example : there is once where I went out with a group of friends, and this girl was wearing an entirely white dress-shirt with a blue bra, with one of the straps being pink.
I do this on purpose and a lot of my female friends bitch at me for it, saying it's tacky and doesn't look good. I disagree... I think it's cute, and seriously, if I buy a cute embroidered or lace bra, I want it to be seen! So I get a sheer/translucent white or pink or some other light-colored blouse and let it just barely show through.

I also think that visible bra straps when wearing a tanktop or camisole are also cute, and I get ragged on for that, too. And I wear short skirts with stockings to get zettai ryouiki, and I get ragged on for THAT too!

Seriously girls, don't hate. I like my style and I don't hate on yours--though I do tell my girlfriend to pull up her pants and put a belt on. I can't stand sagging!
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:00   Link #3257
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
But she really has that cute look on her face when she is fuming. Really, really cute.

still, never say that to her

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is why I said that girls are dangerous creatures. Either they self-destruct, or they become automated machines of destruction.

And either way, people around them still get hurt, both physically and emotionally.

I think it's a bit sexist to refer to a woman as a machine. They are just as human as me or you, and thinking like that is a probable reason as to why we don't understand them as well as we should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Now you have pointed that out, it made me realise that

gay tendencies - actions of yaoi

balls in a cage - Male Chastity device

:heh
:


Uh...right
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:03   Link #3258
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Do you even realize HOW WRONG THAT JUST SOUNDED??????
Whatever. That sport itself is plain wrong if you ask me
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:08   Link #3259
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Whatever. That sport itself is plain wrong if you ask me
Well, it isn't theoretically. But in practice, people fall down like flies all the time. I still remember when someone from the Brazilian team was hit in the leg by the ball, and then fell down five seconds later clutching his face in utter pain. Ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I do this on purpose and a lot of my female friends bitch at me for it, saying it's tacky and doesn't look good. I disagree... I think it's cute, and seriously, if I buy a cute embroidered or lace bra, I want it to be seen! So I get a sheer/translucent white or pink or some other light-colored blouse and let it just barely show through.

I also think that visible bra straps when wearing a tanktop or camisole are also cute, and I get ragged on for that, too. And I wear short skirts with stockings to get zettai ryouiki, and I get ragged on for THAT too!

Seriously girls, don't hate. I like my style and I don't hate on yours--though I do tell my girlfriend to pull up her pants and put a belt on. I can't stand sagging!
If that's the case, then that girl really didn't have any right to yell at him. If she wanted to be seen, she should've taken his statement as a compliment rather than an insult.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:15   Link #3260
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
If that's the case, then that girl really didn't have any right to yell at him. If she wanted to be seen, she should've taken his statement as a compliment rather than an insult.
Like I said, my female friends bitch at me for doing it on purpose, citing it as a major fashion faux pas, so I'm guessing that the girl did not do it in purpose. Probably didn't even realize she did it until SaintessHeart made his comment... abrupt embarrassment could easily have caused her vitriolic reaction.

Myself, I do it on purpose. And I am quite happy when people come up and tell me how cute my bra is.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.