AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-17, 15:15   Link #3261
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Well, it isn't theoretically. But in practice, people fall down like flies all the time. I still remember when someone from the Brazilian team was hit in the leg by the ball, and then fell down five seconds later clutching his face in utter pain. Ridiculous.
Well.......... you have the opposite. Rugby, american football, Hockey...

Not that it gets any better

Quote:
If that's the case, then that girl really didn't have any right to yell at him. If she wanted to be seen, she should've taken his statement as a compliment rather than an insult.
That's what's weird. The only reason would be that SH didn't say something as a compliment, but as an insult or at least that he made fun of her in some ways...

So, what did he exactly say
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:18   Link #3262
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
My guess is the girl wasn't aware that her bra was showing through her shirt and became embarrassed when SaintessHeart pointed it out.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:18   Link #3263
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, to me it's just like a circus with clowns in shorts who run after a ball like retards But I admit it can be funny at times

Those cases are rare. But still funny.

Quote:
I don't see how a guy can't get the message TBH... if he uses his brain a bit
Actually, me and my guy friends do agree that, the hint is way too oblique to make any sense (another girl pointed it out to us a few days later, and the other girl refused to speak to her boyfriend until then). A jealous look after that "How did you make her do that pose? She looks damn cute!" means doesn't really make any logical sense.

Btw, it is Miku's full combo pose on Project Diva. I was the one showing it off to that boyfriend while he is looking at me play Hatsune Miku no Shoshitsu.

Quote:
Because girls can be complicated and since the majority doesn't have what they would need to do sports at home the way they want, they have to rely on gym/fitness/sport clubs and sometimes it can be annoying (not being able to do it the way they want. Not wanting all those strangers around them. Especially the Mister-Muscles that spends all his days there hitting on women etc.), but I didn't deny that some of them are just lazy. But not all
Yes. Way too complicated in their thinking.

Quote:
I have difficulties to understand why she got angry then, because she should have been aware that people would see through it. What did you exactly say to her?
I remember saying "Eh, why is one of your bra straps is pink while the rest of your bra is blue?"

And when she made that cute fuming face, I just blurt out, "You look cute when you are angry, you know."

Next came the slap. For giving a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
I think it's a bit sexist to refer to a woman as a machine. They are just as human as me or you, and thinking like that is a probable reason as to why we don't understand them as well as we should.
I included the word automated.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:23   Link #3264
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's provoking, you should have let her steam first :P
Old 2010-02-17, 15:25   Link #3265
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's provoking, you should have let her steam first :P
I do admit that was really being stupid. But well, I am what I am....zero tact.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:28   Link #3266
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, me and my guy friends do agree that, the hint is way too oblique to make any sense (another girl pointed it out to us a few days later, and the other girl refused to speak to her boyfriend until then). A jealous look after that "How did you make her do that pose? She looks damn cute!" means doesn't really make any logical sense.

Btw, it is Miku's full combo pose on Project Diva. I was the one showing it off to that boyfriend while he is looking at me play Hatsune Miku no Shoshitsu.
As I said, the girl seems insecure about herself or the relationship. Meaning she might have a bad opinion of her body, or that her BF doesn't show enough Love (like spending too much times on videogames, or with his friends, or commenting other girls even fictional ones, etc.). But I might be wrong...

BTW, why do Miku hold a leek in some pictures?

Quote:
Where would be the fun if they were easy to read? Anyway, that "complicated" part is overrated

But jokes aside, I admit girls should be more direct in some situations.

Quote:
I remember saying "Eh, why is one of your bra straps is pink while the rest of your bra is blue?"

And when she made that cute fuming face, I just blurt out, "You look cute when you are angry, you know."

And what did you do? Did you try to apologize and then ask what did you do wrong? (in that order).
Old 2010-02-17, 15:28   Link #3267
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
zero tact.
Would have been much worse if it had gone like this...
You: Think I'm cute?
Her:....no?
You:How 'bout if I wear that keeewwwwt! bra of yours on top of my head?
As much as it saddens me to say, I've stood witness to a similar occasion, followed by three gallons of awkward and a few cans of maiden tears.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:29   Link #3268
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Actually, it kinda makes sense to me from one point of view. For instance, a girl who does professional swimming isn't exactly the most aesthetically pleasing type of woman to the eye. At the same time, girls who practice running professionally tend to be very skinny and even too muscular, which doesn't exactly look good on a girl either.

Quote:

I think she was embarassed first, which could have passed, but then the cute anger comment made her blow up. That did sound like something a perv would say after all.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 15:32   Link #3269
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Actually, it kinda makes sense to me from one point of view. For instance, a girl who does professional swimming isn't exactly the most aesthetically pleasing type of woman to the eye. At the same time, girls who practice running professionally tend to be very skinny and even too muscular, which doesn't exactly look good on a girl either.
That's why too much sports or professional activities should be banned for girls-

Quote:
I think she was embarassed first, which could have passed, but then the cute anger comment made her blow up. That did sound like something a perv would say after all.
What I want to know is what happened after that. He should have been able to make peace with her by then, but apparently failed
Old 2010-02-17, 15:35   Link #3270
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
What I want to know is what happened after that. He should have been able to make peace with her by then, but apparently failed
Like he said, he hasn't. She would always give him the cold stare in every gathering that followed. A shame.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:39   Link #3271
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
As I said, the girl seems insecure about herself or the relationship. Meaning she might have a bad opinion of her body, or that her BF doesn't show enough Love (like spending too much times on videogames, or with his friends, or commenting other girls even fictional ones, etc.). But I might be wrong...

BTW, why do Miku hold a leek in some pictures?
Well I knew the two of them for quite some time. They started their relationship before I even became their friend, and to think that girl would just get jealous at Miku!

From my POV, her boyfriend actually loves her. He even went as far as to think of marrying her because she is the "cutest of all the cute stuff I own" (he collects figurines too, but she never gets jealous at them). What an idiot.

Now I have mentioned that the girl actually does not get jealous at his figurines (because she sometimes helps him collect and put together the toys when he is away in the army camp), why is she jealous at Miku's cute FC pose? This doesn't make sense.

Regarding Miku and the leek, search for Hatsune Miku Levan Polkka on youtube.

Quote:
Where would be the fun if they were easy to read? Anyway, that "complicated" part is overrated

But jokes aside, I admit girls should be more direct in some situations.
More like underrated. I would have preferred them being easier to read, because I am one who doesn't waste time when dealing with people.

Quote:
And what did you do? Did you try to apologize and then ask what did you do wrong? (in that order).
She never gave me the chance to. Always avoiding me, ignoring me. I gave up on trying to apologise too.

Besides, I am not at fault! Why the heck should I apologise?

Old 2010-02-17, 15:40   Link #3272
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Like he said, he hasn't. She would always give him the cold stare in every gathering that followed. A shame.
If what he said is the exact truth then her reaction seems rather........ well it's a bit too much for just "that".

Sure, Mister Zero Tact has Zero Tact, but this girl is at fault too "if" she didn't want people to see her bra.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:45   Link #3273
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
If what he said is the exact truth then her reaction seems rather........ well it's a bit too much for just "that".

Sure, Mister Zero Tact has Zero Tact, but this girl is at fault too "if" she didn't want people to see her bra.
Well I am not going to fault her for trying to look pretty or enjoying what she wear. I can be really mean most of the times, but I do, on occasion, play nice. But most of the time I just let my middle finger and expletives fly all around.

P.S I made a reply to your post in the previous page and I am too lazy to copipe to this page. Read back if you want more details, I am switching to meanie mode now because I want to sleep - 5 am here.

Old 2010-02-17, 15:46   Link #3274
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well I knew the two of them for quite some time. They started their relationship before I even became their friend, and to think that girl would just get jealous at Miku!

From my POV, her boyfriend actually loves her. He even went as far as to think of marrying her because she is the "cutest of all the cute stuff I own" (he collects figurines too, but she never gets jealous at them). What an idiot.

Now I have mentioned that the girl actually does not get jealous at his figurines (because she sometimes helps him collect and put together the toys when he is away in the army camp), why is she jealous at Miku's cute FC pose? This doesn't make sense.

Regarding Miku and the leek, search for Hatsune Miku Levan Polkka on youtube.
Maybe because she was actually annoyed from the beginning about all his figurines and all and that comment about Miku was just too much.

I'll check, thx

Quote:
More like underrated. I would have preferred them being easier to read, because I am one who doesn't waste time when dealing with people.
Rien ne sert de courir, il faut partir point.

Quote:
She never gave me the chance to. Always avoiding me, ignoring me. I gave up on trying to apologise too.

Besides, I am not at fault! Why the heck should I apologise?
It's not about "why you have to do it". If you think your friendship worths to be saved, then whatever if you're at fault or not. Apologizing just gives a reason to discuss the problem.
Old 2010-02-17, 15:48   Link #3275
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
It's Ievan Polkka, not "Levan."

I still like the Russian version best, though that may be because I heard it first on a video of Kamina slapping his ass...
Old 2010-02-17, 15:48   Link #3276
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well I am not going to fault her for trying to look pretty or enjoying what she wear. I can be really mean most of the times, but I do, on occasion, play nice. But most of the time I just let my middle finger and expletives fly all around.

P.S I made a reply to your post in the previous page and I am too lazy to copipe to this page. Read back if you want more details, I am switching to meanie mode now because I want to sleep - 5 am here.
It also depends on "how you said it". As Yoko said, did you sound like an amused perv?
Old 2010-02-17, 15:53   Link #3277
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
For the benefit of those here who don't speak French, this means simply that you shouldn't rush things, but just simply start off gently...I think
Old 2010-02-17, 15:59   Link #3278
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Maybe because she was actually annoyed from the beginning about all his figurines and all and that comment about Miku was just too much.

I'll check, thx
She is first girl I met who like painting figurines, probably because she is an art major. She likes Nanoha and Fate Testarossa, as well as a scary obsession with my waifu in my current avatar, so I don't think it probably has anything related to her hating figures all along.

But I can guess why she hates Akiyama Mio from K-ON! and barbie dolls, calling them unrealistic.

Quote:
According to statistics, the world current population is about 7 billion. I don't think I should waste time with one person when I have 6,999,999,999 to interact with.

Come to think of it, maybe it is because I am quoting all these facts that I constantly diss girls off. For some reason, they react adversely to fact dropping by the pound, unlike guys.

Quote:
It's not about "why you have to do it". If you think our friendship worths to be saved, then whatever if you're at fault or not. Apologizing just gives a reason to discuss the problem.
Biggest problem is that she keeps ignoring me. I don't want to risk that "Azunyan trick" (hug her and say "Good girl! Good girl!)* because she knows taekwondo.

* - I am not detached from reality. Of course I know it is never going to work IRL!

Quote:
It also depends on "how you said it". As Yoko said, did you sound like an amused perv?
I don't think I did. Remember that I have a total lack of something called "emotional intelligence", I write a whole lot better than I speak, so I can't exactly tell whether I am offending someone or not with what I SAY.

Old 2010-02-17, 16:06   Link #3279
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
For the benefit of those here who don't speak French, this means simply that you shouldn't rush things, but just simply start off gently...I think
This is the moral from the fable The Tortoise and the Hare by Jean de la Fontaine.

Slow and steady wins the race

Menaing that it's useless to rush things if you are wise and foresighted. Because good things take time to be done. It can also mean that waiting and rushing things because you are late can lead to something wrong.

In the case of SH, I said that because he said he dislikes to waste time with people he doesn't understand immediately, he rushes things.
Old 2010-02-17, 16:14   Link #3280
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
According to statistics, the world current population is about 7 billion. I don't think I should waste time with one person when I have 6,999,999,999 to interact with.

Come to think of it, maybe it is because I am quoting all these facts that I constantly diss girls off. For some reason, they react adversely to fact dropping by the pound, unlike guys.
That's what we call being a smartass. It's even worse if there's another person to tell you that you can only contact a few hundred of those billions, and far worse if you had a comeback for that...it's like a dc stepper leading to a chain reaction, after many of those I have developed an ominous feeling of foreboding every time I am about to start off such a conversation.
Quote:
I don't think I did. Remember that I have a total lack of something called "emotional intelligence", I write a whole lot better than I speak, so I can't exactly tell whether I am offending someone or not with what I SAY.
This pretty much falls to what I said above, I think it would be best to leave this one alone
Quote:
This is the moral from the fable The Tortoise and the Hare by Jean de la Fontaine.

Slow and steady wins the race
If you had read the sequel, you'd know that the hare won all of their rematches
...see what I did there?

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom