AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-17, 16:22   Link #3281
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's what we call being a smartass. It's even worse if there's another person to tell you that you can only contact a few hundred of those billions, and far worse if you had a comeback for that...it's like a dc stepper leading to a chain reaction, after many of those I have developed an ominous feeling of foreboding every time I am about to start off such a conversation.
One funny thing though : Me and my guy friends keep trading facts like this before delving into issues like how these facts are formed, how reliable the sources are, etc. And the girls always seem to put off by it.

I often drop facts like that when the girls couldn't stop talking about their shopping trip and what to buy next, and the guys are just sitting there and keeping quiet because they have nothing to talk about. Then it becomes a guy convo, and one of the girl drops a shopping plan, then it becomes a girl convo again.

It only stops when someone is sensible enough to decide to get our asses off the seats we are on and move. Quite interesting actually and happens most of the time because it seems that the girls and the guys rarely have common topics.

Quote:
This pretty much falls to what I said above, I think it would be best to leave this one alone
Well I do admit that I act like a smartass to keep people off my back, but it becomes something like a track record you can't erase, you have to keep doing it or people think that something has happened to you.

Kind of like a vicious cycle, but I keep quiet most of the time. Don't really like talking to people for the fear of offending them, especially girls after that "cute tsundere" incident.

Quote:
If you had read the sequel, you'd know that the hare won all of their rematches
I thought that hare was caught and shot by a poacher, then turned into rabbit stew.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 16:28   Link #3282
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
It only stops when someone is sensible enough to decide to get our asses off the seats we are on and move. Quite interesting actually and happens most of the time because it seems that the girls and the guys rarely have common topics.
That's what the internet is for! Movies, cooking, music, etc. are suitable topics for large groups of people, it's where the storm effect comes to place: one guy says something that at least one girl will definitely react to, and then depending on what the girls say the guys might have something to add, etc. Forming smaller conversation groups (like per 3 people in a 12-person company) and slowly merging them also works well, although chemistry between the group leaders is required in order to progress smoothly and keep the rest interested as well.
Quote:
One funny thing though : Me and my guy friends keep trading facts like this before delving into issues like how these facts are formed, how reliable the sources are, etc. And the girls always seem to put off by it.
Yeah, keep it as a "girl's trait", it's an amazingly good way to pick out real girls in MMOs
Quote:
I thought that hare was caught and shot by a poacher, then turned into rabbit stew.
The poacher choked on the rabbit stew and his ghost killed the turtle as a sign of redemption...and offered turtle stew to the hare's wife o_0

EDIT: the night beckons and the stew made me drowsy...afk for yet another 8 hours! Funny how time flies in this thread
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 16:40   Link #3283
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's what the internet is for! Movies, cooking, music, etc. are suitable topics for large groups of people, it's where the storm effect comes to place: one guy says something that at least one girl will definitely react to, and then depending on what the girls say the guys might have something to add, etc. Forming smaller conversation groups (like per 3 people in a 12-person company) and slowly merging them also works well, although chemistry between the group leaders is required in order to progress smoothly and keep the rest interested as well.
For some really really weird reasons, the girls would only discuss the main 4 points I pointed out a few pages back. And it always goes back to shopping or other girls (not present at that time)!
Quote:
Yeah, keep it as a "girl's trait", it's an amazingly good way to pick out real girls in MMOs
I gave up on playing MMOs long time ago, and sometimes I play as a female character. I did some psychoanalysis on myself using a few psychology books as guide, and I figured out actually the reason behind it is that I wanted a girlfriend.

I believe that is the common psychology amongst the "fake females"....they are trying to create an image of their "perfect girl" in their IGC online.

OT : Often mine came out looking cute. Due to the fact that I spend large amounts of time trying to craft a perfect female name for my FIGCs, at times where a random name is needed, it often came out sounding feminine. Hence my forum nick, and I am too lazy to think of a masculine sounding one.

Quote:
The poacher choked on the rabbit stew and his ghost killed the turtle as a sign of redemption...and offered turtle stew to the hare's wife o_0
The hare reincarnated as the rabbit on the moon. Ok this is getting ridiculous.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 16:43   Link #3284
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
For some really really weird reasons, the girls would only discuss the main 4 points I pointed out a few pages back. And it always goes back to shopping or other girls (not present at that time)!
I don't know what girls you hang out with (no offense! ), but when I tend to hang out with my friends or even a couple girls from my classes (Women's Leadership is always a fun group), we tend to have a much broader scope of discussion than the four reasons you listed.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 16:44   Link #3285
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I don't know what girls you hang out with (no offense! ), but when I tend to hang out with my friends or even a couple girls from my classes (Women's Leadership is always a fun group), we tend to have a much broader scope of discussion than the four reasons you listed.
It could due to be the stressful nature of my local education system. The girls shop to get away from the stress, and I doubt they would want to discuss any topic of philosophical value other than that of they enjoy.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 16:49   Link #3286
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
For some reason this thread always seem to get tons of posts when I'm sleeping.

@SaintessHeart:
If a girl acted jealous of me finding a fictional girl cute, I'd be seriously tempted to tell her she'd look really cute if she cosplayed said character. Which would probably be a stupid thing to say, but at least I'd be going out in a blaze of nerd glory.

(In actual fact, my one attempt to compliment a girl by saying she looks a lot like a character I like backfired on me. I told a girl she looked like she could do a really convincing Nadeko cosplay, at which point she got really flustered and told me she had already bought material to make a Kanbaru costume for her next con.)

@all:

Thanks for the feedback. Not going to try and reply to individual points though since there's so many. (Except for Narona - yes, she's who you think she is.)

When I think about it, there's actually quite a bit I could talk with her in terms of past experiences. Both of us have traveled overseas for example. It's when we try and discuss what we're currently doing that we can have some trouble coming up with things to say. I don't want to sound like too much of a geek, but we're both the kind of students who tend to work a lot and don't get out very often. A lot of our conversations end up being about anime simply because we both share that hobby (we met as a cosplayer and a photographer). At this point I'm still avoiding controversial topics because although I, as a political science major find many of them interesting, she doesn't generally seem that comfortable expressing disagreements.

As for dates, the two most successful ones I've had were a date where I took her skating at an outdoor rink and when I took her to a Christmas party where we ended up playing Mahjong with some friends of mine until very, very late. Not quite sure what I'm going to do when summer roles around though.
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 17:39   Link #3287
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Kiteflying... shore trips... boatride to see orca... kayaking... good lord, man, you're in VANCOUVER!!!

Or trip over to Victoria.... go to the gardens near there... photo ops galore.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 18:14   Link #3288
Shiemi
Counting days
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Not even close to the Caribbean anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It could due to be the stressful nature of my local education system. The girls shop to get away from the stress, and I doubt they would want to discuss any topic of philosophical value other than that of they enjoy.
I don't get the idea of shopping to get away from stress... Unless one is rich, perhaps. Don't the girls stress afterward about how much they spent? Anyway, hope you meet girls who are not like that at some point.
__________________
"No step in life, unless it may be the choice of a husband or wife, is more important than the choice of a vocation."

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 18:16   Link #3289
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Anyway, hope you meet girls who are not like that at some point.
We exist, you've just gotta find us.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 18:20   Link #3290
Habhome
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The alleged home of the polar bears, Sweden...
Holy.. I've skimmed most posts up until now today, but THAT's a lot of chatter for one to keep up with xD I was lost after a while, so I'm afraid I can't join in and give my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I also think that visible bra straps when wearing a tanktop or camisole are also cute, and I get ragged on for that, too. And I wear short skirts with stockings to get zettai ryouiki, and I get ragged on for THAT too!
I thought that was an exclusively Swedish expression I had no idea it was used in English also. xD
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Habhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 18:32   Link #3291
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Kiteflying... shore trips... boatride to see orca... kayaking... good lord, man, you're in VANCOUVER!!!
You're got a point. Although until she decides to tell her parents, I'm probably going to limit my suggestions to things I can do in an afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
And I wear short skirts with stockings to get zettai ryouiki, and I get ragged on for THAT too!
Clearly your friends have terrible fashion sense... I'd love to see my girlfriend in stockings and a short skirt.
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 18:45   Link #3292
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It could due to be the stressful nature of my local education system. The girls shop to get away from the stress, and I doubt they would want to discuss any topic of philosophical value other than that of they enjoy.
erk.... I tend to hang out with women who love to talk science, politics, philosophy, and dislike shopping. Some of them even like anime. Always have... the few times I've been stuck with the "other kind" - I always wondered how anyone could stand them no matter how they looked. The shallow.. it goes for miles...
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 22:47   Link #3293
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She never gave me the chance to. Always avoiding me, ignoring me. I gave up on trying to apologise too.

Besides, I am not at fault! Why the heck should I apologise?
You know, I think you should actually use what Narona-chan calls your "Zero Tact" to your advantage. Approach her brazenly, insist on finding out why she's acting the way she is towards you. Try to corner her with words, don't let her have a chance to run away from the conversation. And when you've got her flustered enough that she no longer knows how to respond....lean in and kiss.*


*Results not guaranteed. Ascaloth Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or misunderstandings that may result from this suggested course of action.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 01:05   Link #3294
yoropa
Director
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It could due to be the stressful nature of my local education system. The girls shop to get away from the stress, and I doubt they would want to discuss any topic of philosophical value other than that of they enjoy.
This probably is why I haven't fallen for anyone. Most of these girls I know simply cannot talk about anything meaningful or serious whatsoever. Or maybe I'm too mature for my own good. Probably the latter.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 01:26   Link #3295
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
We exist, you've just gotta find us.
I have more important things to do! I already missed Ep 5 of Baka Test, and due to issues I have to put down Dance In the Vampire Bund, Omamori Himari, Cobra, Chu-bra!!, Ladies vs Butlers and Sora No Woto! Plus I can't miss K-ON!! in April!

Besides, there is a possibility that my parents will be fighting for a divorce atm, so suddenly going out to date a girl isn't a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Clearly your friends have terrible fashion sense... I'd love to see my girlfriend in stockings and a short skirt.
It is the culture, man. The culture. The tsundere shotacon which I liked wore this to her grad night and was called a slut, yet I see girls wearing low cut dresses without implanted bras and showing off their nipples. Goodness.

Of course, the event was still fresh so it screwed my chances of asking her to dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You know, I think you should actually use what Narona-chan calls your "Zero Tact" to your advantage. Approach her brazenly, insist on finding out why she's acting the way she is towards you. Try to corner her with words, don't let her have a chance to run away from the conversation. And when you've got her flustered enough that she no longer knows how to respond....lean in and kiss.*


*Results not guaranteed. Ascaloth Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or misunderstandings that may result from this suggested course of action.
That sounds like a good way to get a kick between the legs. Are you trying to make me invirile?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 01:39   Link #3296
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Another day, another page in the dating thread
Quote:
It is the culture, man. The culture. The tsundere shotacon which I liked wore this to her grad night and was called a slut, yet I see girls wearing low cut dresses without implanted bras and showing off their nipples.
I really gotta come to your place
Quote:
Of course, the event was still fresh so it screwed my chances of asking her to dance.
But wouldn't it be like..."Sorry about the other day, how about I make it up to you with a -dance-" kinda thing?
Quote:
Try to corner her with words, don't let her have a chance to run away from the conversation.
I believe this is what caused it all in the first place :P
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:02   Link #3297
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That sounds like a good way to get a kick between the legs. Are you trying to make me invirile?
You are dealing with a tsundere here. Kicks between the legs are already a foregone conclusion that you will have to learn to live with. Invest in a crotch guard.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:08   Link #3298
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You know, I think you should actually use what Narona-chan calls your "Zero Tact" to your advantage. Approach her brazenly, insist on finding out why she's acting the way she is towards you. Try to corner her with words, don't let her have a chance to run away from the conversation. And when you've got her flustered enough that she no longer knows how to respond....lean in and kiss.*


*Results not guaranteed. Ascaloth Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or misunderstandings that may result from this suggested course of action.
The sarcasm is killing me No wonder there's a disclaimer at the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I gave up on playing MMOs long time ago, and sometimes I play as a female character. I did some psychoanalysis on myself using a few psychology books as guide, and I figured out actually the reason behind it is that I wanted a girlfriend.

I believe that is the common psychology amongst the "fake females"....they are trying to create an image of their "perfect girl" in their IGC online.
Now you know why I don't like MMO's. Too many of those "fake females" around. They try so hard to be perfect that they end up becoming too perfect, which just isn't right to me. I like a challenge tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
OT : Often mine came out looking cute. Due to the fact that I spend large amounts of time trying to craft a perfect female name for my FIGCs, at times where a random name is needed, it often came out sounding feminine. Hence my forum nick, and I am too lazy to think of a masculine sounding one.
!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The hare reincarnated as the rabbit on the moon. Ok this is getting ridiculous.
I thought the hare reincarnated as the killer rabbit in Monty Python and the Holy Graal??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
I don't get the idea of shopping to get away from stress... Unless one is rich, perhaps. Don't the girls stress afterward about how much they spent? Anyway, hope you meet girls who are not like that at some point.
Some girls just like to do window shopping. My mother always does that and so did my first gf. I met her in Saudi and whenever we had a chance to get out of the compound, we would just walk around the mall not really buying anything but enjoying the displays (at least she did, I won't speak for myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
That's what the internet is for! Movies, cooking, music, etc. are suitable topics for large groups of people, it's where the storm effect comes to place: one guy says something that at least one girl will definitely react to, and then depending on what the girls say the guys might have something to add, etc. Forming smaller conversation groups (like per 3 people in a 12-person company) and slowly merging them also works well, although chemistry between the group leaders is required in order to progress smoothly and keep the rest interested as well.
This. Most conversations, especially online, end up veering that way. Needless to say, that's how I met half the people I know both here and irl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yeah, keep it as a "girl's trait", it's an amazingly good way to pick out real girls in MMOs
It's good, but next to impossible because finding one real girl in an MMO is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:44   Link #3299
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You are dealing with a tsundere here. Kicks between the legs are already a foregone conclusion that you will have to learn to live with. Invest in a crotch guard.
You can't expect me to wear it everytime she is around don't you? Besides, "he" needs some space to grow when she is around.


Be back later, need to go out now.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 02:51   Link #3300
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A furry den
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Skype™ to Haruka_Kitten
*skims over thread* wow...And I've been wallowing in guilt over a school incident...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
The sarcasm is killing me No wonder there's a disclaimer at the bottom

Sarcasm's a fact of life. I use it to get out of hairy situations sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
It's good, but next to impossible because finding one real girl in an MMO is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Why would one even bother? MMO's aren't even designed to be used as a dating tool. If you're talking haystacks, that's a pretty big haystack and a tiny needle.
__________________
"That bus! It has an awesome ring to it!"
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.