AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-21, 00:36   Link #341
Takeru
Jag šter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru Send a message via Skype™ to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
I completly agree...My best friend just recently discoverd he was Bi...THat completly came as a shock to me. I mean, He never seemed like the type that would be bi...But yea...why should the same sex not be legal? I mean, people are hypicriticle...You ask alot of people (male is particular) ask them if they agree with 2 males together, alot will say no, ask those same people if they agree with 2 femals...most will say yes....PERVERTED HIPICRYTS!<---Spelled wrong..lol
I used to be that 100% anti-homosexual anything kind of person, but recently I've come to the conclusion that, as long as I don't have to see it, and it doesn't impede on my way of life, I really don't care what happens.
My parents are completely different. Basing their anti-homosexual thoughts on their religion...which I don't understand either. But, that's why this is such a big deal. Going against customs and then the religious folk standing up for what they have been told is right. Not going on what the other party may be having to put up with.
Old 2007-12-21, 13:10   Link #342
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
I used to be that 100% anti-homosexual anything kind of person, but recently I've come to the conclusion that, as long as I don't have to see it, and it doesn't impede on my way of life, I really don't care what happens.
My parents are completely different. Basing their anti-homosexual thoughts on their religion...which I don't understand either. But, that's why this is such a big deal. Going against customs and then the religious folk standing up for what they have been told is right. Not going on what the other party may be having to put up with.
Well, I'm not against it at all, it doesn't bother me whne I see it (hell, I'm like one of the few straight guys who like Shonen-ai...), so if I was against it, it be a little werid....But I hate when people say that stuff.....OO Well religion says that you should like the same sex...when I hear alot of people say this I just tell them what religion says not to do when they do it and then they normall shut up and never go back onto the subject
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 15:30   Link #343
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

The funny thing in all this is that I'm afraid to show that I've feelings for him or ask something. You can't imagine how long it took me to ask that guy's address for sending a christmas card...

Compared to that, I've no problem going to a complete stranger to ask something. Like yesterday... A friend really liked someone and checked him out for weeks in a row... He wanted to have a picture with him. Lol ... not even knowing the guy I went straight to him, patted his shoulder to get his attention and asked if he'd mind having a picture taken with someone else. Just like that. He didn't mind.

I'd never ever consider asking such thing to the guy I like ... It's kinda strange isn't it?

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 16:45   Link #344
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
The funny thing in all this is that I'm afraid to show that I've feelings for him or ask something. You can't imagine how long it took me to ask that guy's address for sending a christmas card...

Compared to that, I've no problem going to a complete stranger to ask something. Like yesterday... A friend really liked someone and checked him out for weeks in a row... He wanted to have a picture with him. Lol ... not even knowing the guy I went straight to him, patted his shoulder to get his attention and asked if he'd mind having a picture taken with someone else. Just like that. He didn't mind.

I'd never ever consider asking such thing to the guy I like ... It's kinda strange isn't it?
Not strange at all.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 20:29   Link #345
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

I agree with Fome, It isn't strange at all.

As for me, I'm so happy~ Had a great time at my ex's house today (NO, we did not do that. Damn perverts >.<). We broke up because of some stuff on my side, but I have a strong feeling that she still likes me...I have a good chance with her
Old 2007-12-22, 22:52   Link #346
Row3a
amerei :)

Send a message via MSN to Row3a
wow good luck to you
you'll need it
Row3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 23:08   Link #347
Takeru
Jag šter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru Send a message via Skype™ to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Well religion says that you should like the same sex...when I hear alot of people say this I just tell them what religion says not to do when they do it and then they normall shut up and never go back onto the subject
Well, being a christian at one time (via my parents) I can tell you that (I don't remember the exact verse) but the Bible says "a man shall not lie with another man as he would his wife".
Old 2007-12-22, 23:23   Link #348
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post

No it's not strange at all

Even though I'm a girl I thought I'd still give my opion.

Last year, I met a new friend and she was pretty nice to me and then I thought I liked her. I mean it was hard for me to tell her but I did. After that I struggled askign her things and giving her christmas cards. But at the end of the year I figured out that I really didn't love her or like liek her. I just thought of her as a sister ^^

This year my best friend she told me she was bi. I wasn't shocked or disgusted at all. I knew she had some kind of feelings for women as she kept going on about certain girls and celebs. I was the only one at the time that knew she was bi. So over time she told others including her mum who hoped it was just a phase. She thought she could only trust me so she asked me to do some things for her like ask this girl for her address or something.

When the whole of our group found out about her. They gave her a really ahrd time calling her a lesbian and homo when she was actually bi. She become really upset and so I made up to make others stop picking on her that I was as well bi which I not.

So really no it's not strange at all ^^

And I know it's VERY hard to actually tell someone you like them being the same sex. But just somehow try ^^

But this is me giving advice being a different sex and failed at my relationship
Old 2007-12-22, 23:55   Link #349
Shana

Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
No it's not strange at all

Even though I'm a girl I thought I'd still give my opion.

Last year, I met a new friend and she was pretty nice to me and then I thought I liked her. I mean it was hard for me to tell her but I did. After that I struggled askign her things and giving her christmas cards. But at the end of the year I figured out that I really didn't love her or like liek her. I just thought of her as a sister ^^
Same as me

Last year a Italian girl moved to her because of her dad's bussiness and that; we were good friends, but a few months after, I thought I liked her, but after all, I just liked her as a friend ^^"

so it isn't strange at all~
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 02:58   Link #350
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

There's a small problem right now: I alk to the girl I like on AIM regularly now, but lately, it seems like she's been trying to avoid someone.(possibly me) She always puts up an away message, even though her status never becomes idle.(meaning she's still talking to someone) I don't mind if she doesn't like me as more than a friend, but I don't want to think she's avoiding me. Should I ask about why she puts up an away message even when she still chats on AIM?(yeah, I know it's kinda weird...) Or rather, should I at least try to talk to her when she puts up an away message? Last thing I want to do is bother her when she doesn't want to talk to me...

EDIT: btw, I almost never see this person in person, since we go to different schools/live in different neighborhoods. But we are good friends, which is why I have a hard time believing she's really trying to avoid me.
Old 2007-12-27, 03:29   Link #351
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
There's a small problem right now: I alk to the girl I like on AIM regularly now, but lately, it seems like she's been trying to avoid someone.(possibly me) She always puts up an away message, even though her status never becomes idle.(meaning she's still talking to someone) I don't mind if she doesn't like me as more than a friend, but I don't want to think she's avoiding me. Should I ask about why she puts up an away message even when she still chats on AIM?(yeah, I know it's kinda weird...) Or rather, should I at least try to talk to her when she puts up an away message? Last thing I want to do is bother her when she doesn't want to talk to me...

EDIT: btw, I almost never see this person in person, since we go to different schools/live in different neighborhoods. But we are good friends, which is why I have a hard time believing she's really trying to avoid me.
The problem lies with you. As in, you're thinking too much about this. Get the hell over yourself, and stop imagining things.

That said though, if you really want to know why she keeps putting up the 'away', just catch her on a time when she doesn't, chat with her as normal, and slip in the question as if it's a matter of course. As in, sound casually curious, but not overly curious; the latter is just going to give you away. Observe her reaction, and gauge the situation from there.

And one more thing; why do you think she's expressly avoiding you, in the first place? You didn't give much of a context there, so we don't know if you think you did something that might have caused her to set up the 'away' to avoid you. Think over that, and if you can't think of any particular reason why she might be avoiding you, then it is as I said; stop imagining things. Otherwise, you might want to tell us what it is.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 05:16   Link #352
HASHIRIYA
legend in my spare time

well im now in the dog house for not listing to mine, turns out she was right and i did have an aggressive infection and now on a iv drip, she had to kick me outta bed pulling a sickie when i siad it was nothing, now she believes i don't take her seriously. probably should have listened as she is a nurse, she probably gonna be pissed at me for a lil while now considering the phase "see you don't now how serious it could of gotten". so now im on a IV drip every day with extended holiday from work and one slightly upset GF well at lest shes making dinner atm. (too bad im not the slightest bit hungry atm guess i gotta force my self to eat it now)
Old 2007-12-27, 05:21   Link #353
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HASHIRIYA View Post
well im now in the dog house for not listing to mine, turns out she was right and i did have an aggressive infection and now on a iv drip, she had to kick me outta bed pulling a sickie when i siad it was nothing, now she believes i don't take her seriously. probably should have listened as she is a nurse, she probably gonna be pissed at me for a lil while now considering the phase "see you don't now how serious it could of gotten". so now im on a IV drip every day with extended holiday from work and one slightly upset GF well at lest shes making dinner atm. (too bad im not the slightest bit hungry atm guess i gotta force my self to eat it now)
Your GF is mad at you, and she's making dinner for you. Pal, I don't know about you, but I call that "good news".

"Bad news" is when she doesn't care enough to do all that.
Old 2007-12-27, 08:14   Link #354
HASHIRIYA
legend in my spare time

umm thanks for pointing that out cheers
Old 2007-12-27, 13:49   Link #355
Fome

Quote:

I disagree with the first reply to you. I believe she IS trying to avoid you, and she wants you to take a hint and leave her alone. I've seen this happen countless times, and if there's one thing girls hate, it's a guy who can't take a hint. I may be wrong, but I think you should try to stop aiming her for the time being. If she doesn't ever get back to you, then you'll know she never cared in the first place.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:24   Link #356
BellaD

Hey speaking as a girl I will tell you this....girls like honesty (in most cases) so if you think she is avoiding you, just ask her ?
Really, I think people complicate things for no reason.....we are not that difficult to decode .
Believe you me....there has been guys who have tried to get to me with supposedly cute lines and compliments but seriously what I appreciate the most is to know where I stand with someone..that's all. If all you have in mind is just F***ing me! say it lol...don't torture yourself ....

Spoiler for Grrr...:

I should make one of those columns...."Ask Bella Anything"
Who is the friend of all.
--

Last edited by BellaD; 2007-12-27 at 14:35.
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 21:45   Link #357
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll stop aiming her for a few days to see what happens. And Bella, I wouldn't say that last line even if you pointed a gun at my head.

Anyway, I'd ask if she's avoiding me, but it seems really rude.(though if she WAS avoiding me, that'd be pretty rude also...) And I've never been a very upfrotn and direct guy...

Last edited by Darkman.exe213; 2007-12-27 at 22:01.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 03:44   Link #358
Ascaloth

Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll stop aiming her for a few days to see what happens. And Bella, I wouldn't say that last line even if you pointed a gun at my head.

Anyway, I'd ask if she's avoiding me, but it seems really rude.(though if she WAS avoiding me, that'd be pretty rude also...) And I've never been a very upfrotn and direct guy...
Don't ask "are you avoiding me"; that's as good as giving away what you're thinking to her. Ask it this way; "hey wassup, oh BTW, I noticed you've been putting up the 'away' a lot lately, what gives?" like you're just casually interested.
Old 2007-12-28, 04:56   Link #359
Samari
World's Greatest

It's been about thirteen days since that girl I was interested in asked me to be her friend on Facebook. In that time span I've tried to make contact with her twice. Once at around the 14th and the second time I did it on Christmas Eve. I sent her an ecard with a very short message basically wishing her happy holidays. Still, nothing. No responses, nothing at all. I'm guessing she might be on vacation and/or doesn't check her Facebook and email. It's really kind of dejecting. I'm starting to think that maybe that one gesture I saw her do in the hallway of our class building that time was just a small sample of how she really saw the situation as. This whole issue seems to be bothering me. I just wish that she would say something. Anything. I think I deserve at least that right? I've been quite patient...just for the possibility of trying to be her friend, and still nothing. I really just don't understand women sometimes.

EDIT: Wait nevermind, she's updated her Facebook quite recently. Like several hours ago. She just hasn't responded...and I'm still left to wonder why.

Quite unfortunate...I'm really starting to feel the heartache...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2007-12-28 at 05:35.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 07:00   Link #360
HASHIRIYA
legend in my spare time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD View Post
Hey speaking as a girl I will tell you this....girls like honesty (in most cases) so if you think she is avoiding you, just ask her ?
Really, I think people complicate things for no reason.....we are not that difficult to decode .
Believe you me....there has been guys who have tried to get to me with supposedly cute lines and compliments but seriously what I appreciate the most is to know where I stand with someone..that's all. If all you have in mind is just F***ing me! say it lol...don't torture yourself ....

Spoiler for Grrr...:

I should make one of those columns...."Ask Bella Anything"
that last one works to an extent go to town have a few but don't get drunk, then when it's closing time go round to like 10 girls that have had a bit like you or a few more, one is bound to say yes. just don't say that to a sober girl unless she hints it clearly first, you won't get slapped more like punched fair hard

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom