AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-17, 22:29   Link #9041
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Eh, it's just my own preference. I don't like the hair, but I don't bone with the people who do like it. Smooth, soft skin with no roughness of hair or stubble is my preference.
Fixed it for ya.
__________________
Ricky Controversy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:10   Link #9042
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Oppa (my second cousin/fiance) happens to be the exception to the rule. Let's just say that he's the main reason I'm still part of this world
So resident incesteous lesbian fujoshi... these attributes are just wasted in this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'll have to dig through my records.
Better PM yaoi and yuri circles and artists, my collection needs a serious expansion
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 03:35   Link #9043
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
[off-topic]

Dammit, Sumeragi and Saintess! (with maybe a splash of Malkuth), you two had me completely cracking up over the last two pages! And with the various comments via Mystique, I'm going O.O

okay, just wanted to chime in with that [/off-topic]
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 03:54   Link #9044
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
.......

So uh....

What's the success ratio people have had with the bar scene? Cause honestly I have been advised against it, not to mention living in DC with the obscene cover charge and all.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 09:38   Link #9045
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
.......

So uh....

What's the success ratio people have had with the bar scene? Cause honestly I have been advised against it, not to mention living in DC with the obscene cover charge and all.
Dunno, one in one, I'm also not very fond of meeting random people in boring settings intoxicated, but that one time there was this girl with a very elegant tattoo around her wrist, and really wanted to know more about who painted it, how she came up with the design, and ended up at her place going through her drawings... and I guess this is the limit of what I can write in this forum
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 09:53   Link #9046
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 19
*was reading last few posts*
*nosebleed*

._______.'

(BE MATURE AND COOL, KHU. BE MATURE AND COOL.)

?
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 11:08   Link #9047
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 45
I never had much success in bars, I guess mainly because I wasn't looking for anyone and was just hanging out with friends. I had much better success going home with someone when attending parties and music venues.
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 12:38   Link #9048
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
I would never hit on anyone at the bar because those people aren't my type. I like my drinks, but I would never mix them just to impress someone else.

And not many girls like vodka like I do.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 13:01   Link #9049
cheyannew
PolyPerson!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Northern VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
.......

So uh....

What's the success ratio people have had with the bar scene? Cause honestly I have been advised against it, not to mention living in DC with the obscene cover charge and all.
Snicker....
DC? crazy cover charge? Noooooooo
Might want to hop down to NoVa and try it, we have more manageable cover charges here usually. Md is kind of high as well with all the "Gentlemen's clubs" they have, methinks.

Mind you, I have never BEEN to a club unless I had a gig there, but nowhere we gigged ever had more than a 10$ cover charge, and usually closer to 5$. And the 10$ ones WERE in DC.

Personally, I've never been one for the bar scene; a bunch of drunk people slurring all over one another is just gross to me.
Mind you, I've been married for 15 years, so it's not like I ever had a chance to peruse the bars (I was 19 when I married my hubby). However, I've had my hair petted when out and about with friends, and stuff like that, it creeps me out, and I admit, has left me with a sour taste in my mouth for bars in general.
__________________
"...we are wolves in a flock of sheep. We are the hunters. We are the Alphas and we are on this Earth to conquer."

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 17:29   Link #9050
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in the wild
Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And not many girls like vodka like I do.
Philistines!!

@bar scene, it really depends. You have to know what you want and more importantly what you don't want.
That way you can filter your way through the drunken garbage or just enjoy the ride.
I personally prioritize having fun with my friends anyway, so I'm fine with just having a crazy night out. If something cute happens to be there, it's just the cherry on the top.
And come on, it's not like us girls don't enjoy ogling ourselfs

It's far from impossible to find date and even relationship material in bars or in clubs, I can say that much from my experience and that of friends. If you however don't feel comfortable in such athmosphere or if you just hitting on people out of desperation it's a bad idea.
There's also a wide variation of different locations from cozy to "omg is tomorrow d-day?" ... at least if your city is equipped like that. Mine is fortunately very generous with fun locations, so I know where to go depending on mood and what I'm looking for.

But you know as a girl you at least get free drinks out of it
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 17:54   Link #9051
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And not many girls like vodka like I do.
I tend to drink sake and traditional soju, but I'm also up for vodka. For some reason, I can't tolerate undistilled drinks, like beer or wine.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 20:55   Link #9052
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Cultural question Americans.

What exactly is a purpose of a bar, first and foremost?
Because to me that signalls 'club' (there's a bar in a club), where going to dance without alcohol can be an objective, hence meeting some dreamy dude who knows how to moooove~~
*coughs*
(Think of all those dance movies like Honey, or save the last dance, the bar is just an addition)

Or going to get wasted and then drunken dance. (Uni students)
Or going to drink a little, mingle and watch others dance while socialising.
So many ways/opportunities and usually from there, one would catch a number and arrange to meet up in a cafe or something for a real 'get to know each other'.

The other alternative is a pub, but the use/purpose of it resides in a culture similar to Japan and izakayas (just a little) with food, drink, homely feel, families visit on weekends, can play darts, pool or have karaoke or bingo nights.

It's definitely a good place to socialise/mingle and get to know those around the community and yes once again alcohol can be involved if one wants but it's not the 'be all and end all' as I'm seeing so many replies here.

Ugh, bar, I don't want drunkards!!! *rant rant*
Kinda thing, lol.
So it makes me wonder, what exactly is the function/scene of those in America, sounds awfully limited...
__________________

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 20:57   Link #9053
lightsenshi
Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I tend to drink sake and traditional soju, but I'm also up for vodka. For some reason, I can't tolerate undistilled drinks, like beer or wine.
That's because beer tends to remind (me) of urine and wine of fruit juice. I personally tend toward mixed drinks or just straight up hard liquor. And dating gets harder as you get older.
__________________
lightsenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 21:07   Link #9054
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Cultural question Americans.

What exactly is a purpose of a bar, first and foremost?
Depends on the bar, really. Fairly prevalent in America is the "sports bar," which is typically a bar with a third-rate grill menu, but the main purpose is to go watch a sporting event on a large screen with a ready supply of beer and sympathetic viewers: in a sense, an elaborated version of the "guys' game night." Bars are, as you say, also frequently attached to dance clubs in the United States. There are also, of course, bars that are literally just nothing but trash heaps full of drunks and their favored libations, but that's what you'd call a Honky Tonk. XD

We do have 'elite' bars here, usually part of high-class hotel as an amenity, but also sometimes part of a music venue. Well-established Blues and Jazz venues frequently have high-class bars. Either way, bars that like serve two purposes: for exhausted and well-off businessmen to use alcohol for relaxation without having to deal with the riff-raff, or for people who savor fine cocktails to enjoy the work of a skilled bartender.
__________________
Ricky Controversy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 23:04   Link #9055
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
^ And then you have an honest to God bar! A place that's been well established for years, where one can go with family and/or friends watch the game on a big screen, take in the local gossip, eat really good BBQ, and have a blast with a local band or the Rockola in the corner.
Some places are "dives" and some are elitetist pig styes, but most are home to your typical blue collar folks who are just looking to unwind, have a good time, and maybe get lucky or make new friends!
__________________

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 23:42   Link #9056
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
^ And then you have an honest to God bar! A place that's been well established for years, where one can go with family and/or friends watch the game on a big screen, take in the local gossip, eat really good BBQ, and have a blast with a local band or the Rockola in the corner.
Some places are "dives" and some are elitetist pig styes, but most are home to your typical blue collar folks who are just looking to unwind, have a good time, and maybe get lucky or make new friends!
These are the best bars.

I don't actually go to bars anymore because my retarded state thinks they're smart and banned smoking in bars. WTF California? The purpose of a bar is to drink, smoke and listen to bad bands play!

Booze and tobacco go together like peanut butter and chocolate for fuck's sake!
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 23:52   Link #9057
Flinch
Onii-chan~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Einzbern Castle
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch Send a message via Skype™ to Flinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I don't actually go to bars anymore because my retarded state thinks they're smart and banned smoking in bars. WTF California?
Though our budget for education is immense, we actually spend one of the lowest amounts per person on education. Maybe that has something to do with it.
__________________
Flinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 04:44   Link #9058
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
I think I like dive bars. Small, low-key ones. Where I can try new beers/drinks and it's not too noisy.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 08:38   Link #9059
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
These are the best bars.

I don't actually go to bars anymore because my retarded state thinks they're smart and banned smoking in bars. WTF California? The purpose of a bar is to drink, smoke and listen to bad bands play!

Booze and tobacco go together like peanut butter and chocolate for fuck's sake!
Smoking, another reason I go out less often these days. And it's quite funny in Hamburg and Munich when the weather is not horrible you see more people outside than indoors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I think I like dive bars. Small, low-key ones. Where I can try new beers/drinks and it's not too noisy.
That's another annoying issue, when I go out and especially when meeting new people, the main thing that I want to do is talk with them (not dance, not show off), and it is impossible in clubs, and most bars because either their crappy selection of music is too loud or some blocks are screaming something incomprehensible while watching some match
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 12:31   Link #9060
lightsenshi
Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
WTF California?
There's your problem right there.
__________________
lightsenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.