AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-10-23, 05:26   Link #9641
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Nah...she's like top of the grade though, I think part of it is just idol glamour lol
Is this person even your friend?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 07:23   Link #9642
kitten320

Samari
Thank you for the answer

Khu
Was in similar situation once though I had guy on my mind, not girl
Truthully, there is no real escape from it. For me it was realization that nothing could possibly happen between us and some time to let feelings calm down. Despite beeing the type who gets over things fast, this case did drag a bit...

I'm totally fine now though do remember him from time to time but with much bigger ease

Sorry for not being of much help.
Old 2011-10-23, 09:08   Link #9643
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Question; how can I stop missing him so much?

My boyfriend is in the army, I've not seen him since July. I miss him sooo much! We talk often on facebook, we've had a couple of phonecalls. But I just miss him being here. I go out with my friends alot to 'keep my mind off him' but it doesn't work.

I just wanna be able to miss him but like not be upset about it.. if you understand.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 09:36   Link #9644
Edijs
Eddy

Send a message via MSN to Edijs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post

My boyfriend is in the army, I've not seen him since July. I miss him sooo much! We talk often on facebook, we've had a couple of phonecalls. But I just miss him being here. I go out with my friends alot to 'keep my mind off him' but it doesn't work.

I just wanna be able to miss him but like not be upset about it.. if you understand.
this sounds silly try use alcohol maybe helps, it helped me to forgot girlfriend becouse... eh too long story :|

Becouse he is in army you will miss him much more , army is dangerous those wanted me to join too but i did something so im not in army
Edijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 09:43   Link #9645
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edijs View Post
this sounds silly try use alcohol maybe helps, it helped me to forgot girlfriend becouse... eh too long story :|
@miko: Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy. Unless he's sarcastic.

Talk as much as you can when you're able to, even the small things help. SMS, or whatever, though I don't know how much he has access to. Think of the next time you meet, and of the last time you met. Become distracted with something is also an idea. Hobbies or whatever. Going out with friends is a good idea, but since you say it doesn't work...

But honestly, there is no real solution. I'm in a LDR, haven't seen my girl for 5 months, though I'm lucky enough to be able to talk to her almost everyday. Hang in there, better times are to come. Punch the depressing thoughts in the face and walk on stronger.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 09:50   Link #9646
kitten320

Can't help here, sorry.

I might seem as cold hearted person but I never really got attached to anyone. Like I do miss some people from time to time, but not to the point of being depressed and not for 24/7.

All I can reccomend is to try to think of something or someone else that is dear or important to you. Anything that could get your mind off your boyfriend for biggest part of the time.

I don't know... maybe try to talk to him less? Like that connection will slightlt decrease. But then again he might get wrong messeage and it will become a mess =/
Thoug it might have a negative affect on you too, at least at the beggining.

So it probably is not the right solution for you.
We are different people when it comes to something like this.
Old 2011-10-23, 09:55   Link #9647
Edijs
Eddy

Whats the point of talking and writing if you dont see him , better then you webcam talk or something like that like you can see each other.

@Atomico talking about that alcohol i mean it becouse it helped me... if she dont want she dont need to drink so...
Old 2011-10-23, 11:51   Link #9648
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Whats the point of talking and writing if you dont see him , better then you webcam talk or something like that like you can see each other.

@Atomico talking about that alcohol i mean it becouse it helped me... if she dont want she dont need to drink so...
And the point is if we don't speak then what do we have? Nothing, we may as well not be together. A webcam would be awesome but it's not something we can do.

I completely disagree with alcohol. I drink socially but I will never use it to block out my problems. That's how alcoholism sarts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Can't help here, sorry.

I might seem as cold hearted person but I never really got attached to anyone. Like I do miss some people from time to time, but not to the point of being depressed and not for 24/7.

All I can reccomend is to try to think of something or someone else that is dear or important to you. Anything that could get your mind off your boyfriend for biggest part of the time.

I don't know... maybe try to talk to him less? Like that connection will slightlt decrease. But then again he might get wrong messeage and it will become a mess =/
Thoug it might have a negative affect on you too, at least at the beggining.

So it probably is not the right solution for you.
We are different people when it comes to something like this.
He gets mardy though if I don't talk to him, I told him we could try it but he said it feels like I don't wanna be with him.

I mean, I can try it [we can't speak until wednesday anyway]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
@miko: Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy. Unless he's sarcastic.

Talk as much as you can when you're able to, even the small things help. SMS, or whatever, though I don't know how much he has access to. Think of the next time you meet, and of the last time you met. Become distracted with something is also an idea. Hobbies or whatever. Going out with friends is a good idea, but since you say it doesn't work...

But honestly, there is no real solution. I'm in a LDR, haven't seen my girl for 5 months, though I'm lucky enough to be able to talk to her almost everyday. Hang in there, better times are to come. Punch the depressing thoughts in the face and walk on stronger.
He has access some evenings if the computer place is still open when he finishes work, and some lunchtimes, but rarely. If I could find a good hobby, that doesn't cost too much money and such.. but that's another topic all together, anime used to be a big hobby of mine, but meeh. I find it hard to sit and watch.

Thanks so much though this post really meant alot, I am going to keep walking stronger. I am sorry you've not seen your gf for 5 months.. it's hard right..?

Quote:

Becouse he is in army you will miss him much more , army is dangerous those wanted me to join too but i did something so im not in army
Well he is only doing training but it's time-consuming and tiring which means we have little time to talk. It makes me so sad.

-- Well, I am going to take advice on board //besides the alcohol part.
When I think he is coming home in December, it feels good. But it's still a long time away.

Old 2011-10-23, 11:57   Link #9649
Edijs
Eddy

Then thats how alcoholism starts, you give me a lot of thing about something.

what about reading a book , japanese novels , with manga is on ? i hope u understand what i mean
Old 2011-10-23, 12:46   Link #9650
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Then thats how alcoholism starts, you give me a lot of thing about something.

what about reading a book , japanese novels , with manga is on ? i hope u understand what i mean
I could try that but it's like.. I get bored so easily.

Old 2011-10-23, 12:52   Link #9651
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Thanks so much though this post really meant alot, I am going to keep walking stronger. I am sorry you've not seen your gf for 5 months.. it's hard right..?
Glad it helped.

And yes, quite hard. But I know that, within a year, I will be able to see her much more and hopefully be together for a long time. It is what keeps me going and is what gives me strength.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 13:15   Link #9652
kitten320

Quote:
He gets mardy though if I don't talk to him, I told him we could try it but he said it feels like I don't wanna be with him.

I mean, I can try it [we can't speak until wednesday anyway]
Yeh, that's what I was saying. He might get it wrongly so better don't use this path in order to avoid missunderstanding.

Better try to follow AtomicoX advice and think of good things that are to come once he is back.
How often is he allowed to have a day off and stuff? You could try to make some plans for those days, think of something special you could do together, see together or talk about. I don't know, you could try to think of a small gift for him that he would be allowed to take with himself to the military.

Actually a hand made thing would be good because:
a) You will be distracted from your loneliness
b) You still will be thinking about him, carrying about him
c) It will take time to think of something and to produce it later, some kind of distraction
d) He should be happy, it shows that you actually care

If you are not really good at anything then it is an opportunity to learn something and try new things out. I think it should work as nice distractions since you are doing something different which is still connected to him.

Hanging out with friends is good but it doesn't really involve him in that process what makes it lonely. Try to do things that involve him at some point, not physically but mentally.

It is good to try variation of things, especially to try something totally new since it will be a totally new experience which can get your brain busy.

Just don't go too overboard with it like jumping with lastic and stuff
Extreme is good but not always

I believe that new experience and hobby could be a good try.
Old 2011-10-23, 16:44   Link #9653
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:

The easiest and most effective way is to find another
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:50   Link #9654
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Glad it helped.

And yes, quite hard. But I know that, within a year, I will be able to see her much more and hopefully be together for a long time. It is what keeps me going and is what gives me strength.
I have to agree, he believes we'll last a long time, because we have a really good connection.. I guess that's what matters ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yeh, that's what I was saying. He might get it wrongly so better don't use this path in order to avoid missunderstanding.

Better try to follow AtomicoX advice and think of good things that are to come once he is back.
How often is he allowed to have a day off and stuff? You could try to make some plans for those days, think of something special you could do together, see together or talk about. I don't know, you could try to think of a small gift for him that he would be allowed to take with himself to the military.

Actually a hand made thing would be good because:
a) You will be distracted from your loneliness
b) You still will be thinking about him, carrying about him
c) It will take time to think of something and to produce it later, some kind of distraction
d) He should be happy, it shows that you actually care

If you are not really good at anything then it is an opportunity to learn something and try new things out. I think it should work as nice distractions since you are doing something different which is still connected to him.

Hanging out with friends is good but it doesn't really involve him in that process what makes it lonely. Try to do things that involve him at some point, not physically but mentally.

I believe that new experience and hobby could be a good try.
I love the bolded part. Amazing idea; i think if i put my heart into doing something, maybe arranging something it'll make me feel good! I am going shopping for his bday present next weekend, so that should make me feel good too!

& he has weekends off usually.. but he can't afford to top up his phone at the moment ~ but at least I know we can talk on Wednesday!

But he is in Germany, and I am in England, so on days off.. unless he flies here to do something [which he can't really afford at the moment] means we can't actually spend proper time with each other.. which really makes it worse. Thanks so much for your advice ~ Meant a lot to me and I think it'll really help.

+Cookie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The easiest and most effective way is to find another

Old 2011-10-23, 17:38   Link #9655
kitten320

Your welcome, was glad to help and hope that it will work
Old 2011-10-23, 20:13   Link #9656
Knightrunner

Miko Miko I'm kind of wondering if your sports person or a good cook?

I'm sure your bf would be athletically fit once he is done with training and he might need a runner partner to stay in shape. It's an activity that you can train for months, you don't need special skills, and you can speed lots of time with him with when he comes home. Plus, learning how to cook gourmet style foods always a plus since I'm sure he will be tired of canned foods ;D
Old 2011-10-24, 03:22   Link #9657
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Is this person even your friend?
Yeah, she's been a female bro for years now XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 04:54   Link #9658
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author

^ Female bros are awesome, you almost never
have a chance with them though.
Old 2011-10-30, 03:36   Link #9659
Samari
World's Greatest

A lot of hot looking girls in their Halloween costumes on the streets of San Francisco. Good times.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 17:55   Link #9660
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Miko Miko I'm kind of wondering if your sports person or a good cook?

I'm sure your bf would be athletically fit once he is done with training and he might need a runner partner to stay in shape. It's an activity that you can train for months, you don't need special skills, and you can speed lots of time with him with when he comes home. Plus, learning how to cook gourmet style foods always a plus since I'm sure he will be tired of canned foods ;D
He is already athletically fit.. and he can cook too!

But seriously, I am not a very sporty person, but I could probably stretch to doing something once or twice a week. & I am the worst cook EVER.. but I can learn.

It's a good job I have a nice personality. I have no skills.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom