AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-07, 15:56   Link #9781
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
I have an older brother whose rather thin and he's dating and lives with a (somewhat) overweight GF. Their relationship seems fine. I'm worried about how well their personalities really match more than anything else.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:58   Link #9782
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Hmmm..... Maybe it's time I start being active in this thread again.

Also, hi LeoXiao~
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:10   Link #9783
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
What are you doing here? Royalty don't have dating issues!
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:18   Link #9784
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
What are you doing here? Royalty don't have dating issues!
Just giving perspectives on dating problems others might have
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:20   Link #9785
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Just giving perspectives on dating problems others might have
Can you help me with my intense sexual relationship between my bicycle and I? I'm having communication problems. It won't talk to me
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:25   Link #9786
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
I'm having issues with my bike too. It squeaks too much and the chain makes weird noises. I think I need to give it more lubricants.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:25   Link #9787
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I have an older brother whose rather thin and he's dating and lives with a (somewhat) overweight GF. Their relationship seems fine. I'm worried about how well their personalities really match more than anything else.
Well, sure, but here's the thing. If I'm not attracted to a person, why should things ever get beyond the friend zone? For an extreme example, I match up really well with a lot of my male buddies. We have the same interests, same sense of humor, and so on. But I'm not attracted to them and they're not attracted to me, so it's never going to go any further than that (and I wouldn't want it to).

Why should that dynamic change simply because the person in question is a girl instead of a guy? If a girlfriend is a simply a normal friend that you decide to be "exclusive" with because she's a girl, what is that relationship besides a label?
__________________
Gamer_2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:36   Link #9788
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Well my bicycle of 22 years and I have been getting along great.

Endless "The Pedaller" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:28   Link #9789
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Well my Desktop computer has been getting a bit jealous of the laptop computer I occasionally use. I mean I spend 90% of my time on the desktop, why can't it be happy with that? And then my laptop complains that I'm not seeing it enough.

There's so much shit you have to put up with when you own 2 computers, it's unreal.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 21:49   Link #9790
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
Why should that dynamic change simply because the person in question is a girl instead of a guy? If a girlfriend is a simply a normal friend that you decide to be "exclusive" with because she's a girl, what is that relationship besides a label?
I don't know, so that you can get married with her and make a family? It depends on your long-term goals. In the meantime, stick with her and become a good friend. There is potential for that at the very least.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 22:44   Link #9791
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Well my Desktop computer has been getting a bit jealous of the laptop computer I occasionally use. I mean I spend 90% of my time on the desktop, why can't it be happy with that? And then my laptop complains that I'm not seeing it enough.

There's so much shit you have to put up with when you own 2 computers, it's unreal.
I know what you mean. My situation is the exact opposite. My desktop is old, large and tired. A real battleaxe. I'm pretty sure it misses the attention I used to give it. My laptop is young, fresh and gorgeous. I'm never without it.

It's always awkward when my laptop is using the same desk as my desktop.

Endless "In the Middle" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 04:27   Link #9792
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
--------------
I've never dated an overweight woman, especially that I am underweight (even more awkward). But I wonder how someone would tell their partner to lose weight? I can't imagine how it won't be terribly mean.
I would at least try to make her take part in some of my sports activities (together it might be more fun anyway). Chances are, it does not change a thing, but you have the feeling she tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You can't agree to a relationship with a condition that the other person will change. You have to be already satisfied with the way they are now.
You cannot generalize this, some people are not very mature when they enter a relationship. Some actually seek guidance. And some actually need some "motivation" to actually do something meaningful with their life.

However, regarding character traits you are right... partners most likely won't change them (especially if they are fully matured).
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 05:42   Link #9793
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Actually, after reading through all of these posts, sometimes I wonder why many guys actually want to go into a relationship when they expect heartbreaks or failures despite putting their all into it, or even worse, doling out expenses the Dutch way.

Males are supposed to be more rational - and I am a pretty good example; I have so plenty of 2D waifus, and I am very happy to have near-perfect girls like them to love. Plus I don't have to spend much on them too by going out to build relationship points. And when I want another one, all I have to do is the basics of starting a relationship - plan, improvise and execute......no need to waste effort on being introspective, or rather, totally forgetting about that during the relationship.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 05:56   Link #9794
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, after reading through all of these posts, sometimes I wonder why many guys actually want to go into a relationship when they expect heartbreaks or failures despite putting their all into it, or even worse, doling out expenses the Dutch way.

Males are supposed to be more rational - and I am a pretty good example; I have so plenty of 2D waifus, and I am very happy to have near-perfect girls like them to love. Plus I don't have to spend much on them too by going out to build relationship points. And when I want another one, all I have to do is the basics of starting a relationship - plan, improvise and execute......no need to waste effort on being introspective, or rather, totally forgetting about that during the relationship.
Because I'm a big M, that's why.

Also, it feels pretty good when things don't go as expected.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:27   Link #9795
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, after reading through all of these posts, sometimes I wonder why many guys actually want to go into a relationship when they expect heartbreaks or failures despite putting their all into it, or even worse, doling out expenses the Dutch way.

Males are supposed to be more rational - and I am a pretty good example; I have so plenty of 2D waifus, and I am very happy to have near-perfect girls like them to love. Plus I don't have to spend much on them too by going out to build relationship points. And when I want another one, all I have to do is the basics of starting a relationship - plan, improvise and execute......no need to waste effort on being introspective, or rather, totally forgetting about that during the relationship.
Yeah, you know, says the guy who had a Fujibayashi Sisters duo handed to him on a silver platter, and completely blew it through pure inaction. That makes your words all the more convincing, oh yes.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:45   Link #9796
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Yeah, you know, says the guy who had a Fujibayashi Sisters duo handed to him on a silver platter, and completely blew it through pure inaction. That makes your words all the more convincing, oh yes.

Well, it is not like I don't want them. Those girls are like futures contracts.....high risk, high return. Except that I am investing my LIFE instead of money on that.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:45   Link #9797
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
That's a mean blow below the belt To his defence though, I may not have 2D waifus but my town is a place of superior tranquility, so I rarely ever feel the need to go out dating. The only time I do is in winter, and I already got my plans set for December 27th
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 07:43   Link #9798
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
I would at least try to make her take part in some of my sports activities (together it might be more fun anyway). Chances are, it does not change a thing, but you have the feeling she tried.
That's really interesting, never thought of that. But knowing she tried may very well be enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintlessHeart
Actually, after reading through all of these posts, sometimes I wonder why many guys actually want to go into a relationship when they expect heartbreaks or failures despite putting their all into it, or even worse, doling out expenses the Dutch way.
That's hard to visualize for me. My past three relationships ended with me being dumped over something extremely trivial (by my standards). And the fact that my partner was being so bothered by such little things is so repulsive for me. I don't want to live with or marry a girl who threatens a break up over every little thing on a weekly basis. And those three relationships ended up in the woman stalking me after she dumps me and trying to get me to make up to her.

It get's me more angry than anything else lol.

Here's a straight example from last year's winter holidays. My gf and are live a few hundred miles apart. We are both going to Toronto for the holidays. We've been already officially together for almost a year:
Me: I'm really booked and busy this winter holiday, are you free on the 28th? We should spend the entire day together.
Her: Sorry I have plans on that day.
Me: Aw that sucks, that means we only have new years eve and new years together

AFTER the 28th:
Her: Do you not want to see me that much?
Me: What? Of course I wanted to see you.
Her: Well when I told you I'm busy on the 28th, I wasn't. But you didn't seem to care at all or ask me to reschedule.

^ It went to hell from there and we broke up before new years eve. But to me it's like "what the fuck?"
, Honestly, we both have our rights and wrongs. I put her privacy and her life before my own feelings. She wants to feel wanted more and wants me to try harder.

Well it didn't work and my relationships keep ending over these sort of things that make me sit on my toilet for two hours thinking: "you're breaking up with me because of that?". It's hard to feel heartbroken from those kind of things. I'm also not the type who gets drunk from my own testosterone so I doubt I can be heartbroken by a girl that I am not official with.

I'm also surprised I haven't ran into paranoid girls that constantly stalk you and wonder if you're cheating on them. Maybe because they think I'm too fugly to cheat on them
dawww, hey wait a minute.

I enjoy sex-free but fun dates more than relationships as of now. Note that I'm still very young :P
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 07:50   Link #9799
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
It get's me more angry than anything else lol.

Here's a straight example from last year's winter holidays. My gf and are live a few hundred miles apart. We are both going to Toronto for the holidays. We've been already officially together for almost a year:
Me: I'm really booked and busy this winter holiday, are you free on the 28th? We should spend the entire day together.
Her: Sorry I have plans on that day.
Me: Aw that sucks, that means we only have new years eve and new years together

AFTER the 28th:
Her: Do you not want to see me that much?
Me: What? Of course I wanted to see you.
Her: Well when I told you I'm busy on the 28th, I wasn't. But you didn't seem to care at all or ask me to reschedule.

^ It went to hell from there and we broke up before new years eve. But to me it's like "what the fuck?"
, Honestly, we both have our rights and wrongs. I put her privacy and her life before my own feelings. She wants to feel wanted more and wants me to try harder.
Wow, talk about trust issues. You were totally right in that circumstance. I mean those kind of games aren't on, particularly if you've been together for almost a year. Maybe in the first few weeks or something but...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 08:04   Link #9800
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Wow, talk about trust issues. You were totally right in that circumstance. I mean those kind of games aren't on, particularly if you've been together for almost a year. Maybe in the first few weeks or something but...
That's what I thought at the time. But my best friend (female) lectured me saying even if I didn't do anything wrong, I could have been a bit more understanding because it was a long-distance relationship and it's such a rare chance for both of us to be in the same city.

She was particularly lecturing me about how after my ex-gf dumped me, that she tried to make up again. And I turned her down without forgiving her, even if it was clear she realized she made a wrong decision.

But I was really angry that time so I don't see my decision would have changed even with my friend's lecturing. :P
-------------
Before I engage in a relationship, my major concern is always 'will she dump me for another man' (No, doesn't have to be cheating). And I kind of just forget about everything else. Because that condition alone just cuts down the fish population by so much.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.