AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-15, 16:50   Link #121
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Oh yeah and Marina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
You know, she also may laugh because it's the only thing she feels would be appropriate as a reaction to your perverted jokes. I know if a strange guy who sat next to me in class was talking like that, I would find it immature and awkward...but wouldn't want to hurt his feelings if he seemed to generally be "a nice guy with rude tendencies."
To be honest I don't think that's a good idea. I know I'd hate it. Because if they might find out after ages (whatever it may be) the person's feelings might be hurt even more, when all along they thought it was ok.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 17:18   Link #122
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Oh yeah and Marina.



To be honest I don't think that's a good idea. I know I'd hate it. Because if they might find out after ages (whatever it may be) the person's feelings might be hurt even more, when all along they thought it was ok.
I think you quoted the wrong quote... or perhaps you did quote the right one, and if so, it's not like I wouldn't say anything. I'd just try to relate to him that what he was doing was inappropriate without being mean about it.
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 18:07   Link #123
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles,California
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
sometimes you have to just bite your lip, walk to the person you like and start a convo.

i try it, but then always say its a waste of time and never do it lol.
__________________
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 18:19   Link #124
aki/kaze/shi
Without Love
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Locked up in my room, in fears the neighbours will infest my house with....GRASSHOPPERS.
Un, I actually find it easy to say to someone my feelings.^^' But most of the time, they think I'm joking. Which can be good. Sometimes. XD Although, it only happened once. I did go out with two other guys, but somehow broke ones heart and everyone laughed at him, and the other I just began to dislike.^^' But I sorta hate people, and am not used to having friends or anything now. Eheh, but I thought that maybe I could try to find someone again, but it just doesn't seem to be me. So I guess I'll just remain with feelings towards one person until someone can cross the border line. (or something.^^' It was something my mom read to me that fit me. And I can't remember it.)

Heh, but I'm still just a kid. And the type who doesn't change easily. So, yeah.^^' Who woulda thought the first girl to hit puberty in her grade would be like this. XD Aw well.^^'
aki/kaze/shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 18:19   Link #125
Dkong1026
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 23
Marina- thanks for that bit of insight. That helped a lot, actually. .



Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_Wyrm View Post
0_o
Oh well, when I do occasionally attract the attention of a member of the opposite sex, they almost universally turn out to be the stalker type.
Dang man. That's pretty hardcore. One girl did that to me in 2nd or 3rd grade but that's about it .
__________________
Dkong1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 23:04   Link #126
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki/kaze/shi View Post
Un, I actually find it easy to say to someone my feelings.^^' But most of the time, they think I'm joking. Which can be good. Sometimes. XD Although, it only happened once. I did go out with two other guys, but somehow broke ones heart and everyone laughed at him, and the other I just began to dislike.^^' But I sorta hate people, and am not used to having friends or anything now. Eheh, but I thought that maybe I could try to find someone again, but it just doesn't seem to be me. So I guess I'll just remain with feelings towards one person until someone can cross the border line. (or something.^^' It was something my mom read to me that fit me. And I can't remember it.)

Heh, but I'm still just a kid. And the type who doesn't change easily. So, yeah.^^' Who woulda thought the first girl to hit puberty in her grade would be like this. XD Aw well.^^'
You sound like a real "heart-breaker."

That and that's more than "we" need to know! :P J/K
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 00:53   Link #127
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In the space between your walls
Age: 26
well some times the person who is out of your league becomes some one who realy is in a league below you. take what I said as you may because I meant many things by it.
__________________

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 01:12   Link #128
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: This is FLORIDAAAAAAaaa
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Telling others about your feelings, huh? Yeah, I tried that a couple of times, and was badly shaken off in all of them.

I mean, I've always been a chicken around girls. Too much anime, probably, as my image of "The Guy" is always the cool type who has the girl confessing first. Trust me, doesn't work. Sixth grade was like that. I really liked a girl in my class, and perhaps she did like me as well, and we would've been probably really good friends if I didn't start ignoring her right after I took the first step.

Eight grade was the last straw, though. It happens when you start liking a HS sophomore who thinks she's so high and mighty, gather all the Gai-sensei courage to confess to her and all she does is laugh merrily at you and throw a half-smile back. Two months of trying to get her attention were enough to piss me off, and so I never let myself show that weak, pathetic side of me again. You could say I'm a McGuiver+Chuck Norris hybrid, just with a bit of a Jackie-Chan "I do all my own stunts" type.

If you didn't make any sense of that, then there's still hope for you.
__________________

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 01:14   Link #129
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: State of Denial
Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Telling others about your feelings, huh? Yeah, I tried that a couple of times, and was badly shaken off in all of them.

I mean, I've always been a chicken around girls. Too much anime, probably, as my image of "The Guy" is always the cool type who has the girl confessing first. Trust me, doesn't work. Sixth grade was like that. I really liked a girl in my class, and perhaps she did like me as well, and we would've been probably really good friends if I didn't start ignoring her right after I took the first step.

Eight grade was the last straw, though. It happens when you start liking a HS sophomore who thinks she's so high and mighty, gather all the Gai-sensei courage to confess to her and all she does is laugh merrily at you and throw a half-smile back. Two months of trying to get her attention were enough to piss me off, and so I never let myself show that weak, pathetic side of me again. You could say I'm a McGuiver+Chuck Norris hybrid, just with a bit of a Jackie-Chan "I do all my own stunts" type.

If you didn't make any sense of that, then there's still hope for you.
For most people, romance doesn't become truly viable until well into adulthood, and adulthood these days seems to be coming during the mid-twenties, at earliest. Don't sweat anything that happened before you're legally able to run for congress.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 07:31   Link #130
Reno
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I think you quoted the wrong quote... or perhaps you did quote the right one, and if so, it's not like I wouldn't say anything. I'd just try to relate to him that what he was doing was inappropriate without being mean about it.
Nah I did quote the right thing. What I meant was, you should ALWAYS be honest with someone, because it might hurt them even more in the long run.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 10:41   Link #131
psycho bolt
Cowmaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
For most people, romance doesn't become truly viable until well into adulthood, and adulthood these days seems to be coming during the mid-twenties, at earliest. Don't sweat anything that happened before you're legally able to run for congress.
Hehe, they are still at the bench waiting for their first swing.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 11:21   Link #132
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Telling others about your feelings, huh? Yeah, I tried that a couple of times, and was badly shaken off in all of them.

I mean, I've always been a chicken around girls. Too much anime, probably, as my image of "The Guy" is always the cool type who has the girl confessing first. Trust me, doesn't work. Sixth grade was like that. I really liked a girl in my class, and perhaps she did like me as well, and we would've been probably really good friends if I didn't start ignoring her right after I took the first step.

Eight grade was the last straw, though. It happens when you start liking a HS sophomore who thinks she's so high and mighty, gather all the Gai-sensei courage to confess to her and all she does is laugh merrily at you and throw a half-smile back. Two months of trying to get her attention were enough to piss me off, and so I never let myself show that weak, pathetic side of me again. You could say I'm a McGuiver+Chuck Norris hybrid, just with a bit of a Jackie-Chan "I do all my own stunts" type.

If you didn't make any sense of that, then there's still hope for you.
You're probably on the right track for the first case, IMHO. What you should have done is take the first step, ignore her, and then the third step that you didn't take: REPEAT. Girls are pretty damned intrigued by mixed signals.

Try it out, and see if it works. And if it does.....I hope you know when to turn off the "mixed signals" and go for it for real.
Ascaloth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 12:45   Link #133
aki/kaze/shi
Without Love
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Locked up in my room, in fears the neighbours will infest my house with....GRASSHOPPERS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matradley View Post
You sound like a real "heart-breaker."

That and that's more than "we" need to know! :P J/K
Eh he he he.^^' Well, one guy wanted to give me a rose, and I got sick, and went home before he could give it. Then everyone saw it and laughed at him. Then when I came back, people were crowding me, and he was trying to explain, but I sorta walked away not caring and everyone laughed more. So he burnt it.^^'

Ehee, it's OK. I usually say more than I need to.^^'
aki/kaze/shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 12:49   Link #134
Fome
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki/kaze/shi View Post
Eh he he he.^^' Well, one guy wanted to give me a rose, and I got sick, and went home before he could give it. Then everyone saw it and laughed at him. Then when I came back, people were crowding me, and he was trying to explain, but I sorta walked away not caring and everyone laughed more. So he burnt it.^^'

Ehee, it's OK. I usually say more than I need to.^^'
Your schoolmates sound immature.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 12:58   Link #135
aki/kaze/shi
Without Love
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Locked up in my room, in fears the neighbours will infest my house with....GRASSHOPPERS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Your schoolmates sound immature.
Un, they are.^^' And they say I'm worse. I just act younger. I didn't really care, and I didn't like being questioned since I wasn't there. I'm also the shy person. But my attitude is cold. But I walked away because I could care less. He didn't seem pestered by it at least, but I think he was more worried I would never talk to him again. I told him it was fine later, and it didn't bother me. Just as long as he doesn't do it this year again. -_-# That'll make bout three years he's tried giving me presents. I don't want any of it. I was hoping he'd go for someone else. Maybe I'm immature? It doesn't bother me if I am.^^'
aki/kaze/shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 05:45   Link #136
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Ah dating. Dunno If I posted here before, but here's the situation I'm in now. Getting a girlfriend is easy. Getting one you like is another. I'm not going in the cesspool called love, since I only think it happens after effort and staying together for a long time. Just going on dates is boring am past that stage also sex is overrated.

Yes I do want a girlfriend. For various reasons, mainly because I need someone to talk to and also have physical affection for. Kinda like a best friend you can like in the love love kinda way. Problem; my standards seem to be too high and I don't feel like lowering it any time soon. Prob get a hot girl while exiting, it has a high value of been there done that feel. Interest don't coincide and so no matter how fun at first it gets boring real fast. Get an average looking girl with personality. Relation lasts longer, but then you look at other girls you feel bad for comparing her to others. And it ends in the meh kinda way leaving you feeling guilty. You also have a feeling of I can stay with her for life, but she isn't that special tbh so you bail out. Oh and most of the time lacks confidence and gets jealous real fast about female friends.

That and I tend to dislike clingy girls. Sometimes I just want to stay home alone and game and whatnot. Or hang out with friends. Most girls don't seem to understand that.

Also the perfect ones have freaking boyfriends and I am not going to break up a relationship just to try and see if she's the one.

So all I can do and w8 till I'm in that age group where everyone is mature and the average ones start to look nicer. The hot ones start to get less bitchy and get some common sense.

I know I am stereotyping a lot, but hey I haven't seen much exceptions.

edit: Hmm after rereading it. I feel stupid. Meh what I wrote is kinda bs. What I'm trying to say. It's hard to find a girl you really really like.

Last edited by 2H-Dragon; 2007-09-17 at 06:26.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 17:34   Link #137
anti-random
We want chicken tonight
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Melbourne - Australia
Age: 23
Thats so true 2H-Dragon, guys can really associate with that (well I can).
__________________

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 20:34   Link #138
lenneal
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
HOLY CRAP i just realized i havent had a gf since i was in the 5th grd im in the 12th grd btw i dont kno maybe girls dont like me cuz i hang out with an odd group of ppl who r really kool friends but my friends alsop havent had gf in a long time or never had one maybe where just uncool...idk but i tried asking out this girl who was in my class and she said get out of my face freak so i guess im destined to be alone.for now any way
lenneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 22:04   Link #139
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenneal View Post
HOLY CRAP i just realized i havent had a gf since i was in the 5th grd im in the 12th grd btw i dont kno maybe girls dont like me cuz i hang out with an odd group of ppl who r really kool friends but my friends alsop havent had gf in a long time or never had one maybe where just uncool...idk but i tried asking out this girl who was in my class and she said get out of my face freak so i guess im destined to be alone.for now any way
Take your time - you are still young. Just focus on your career path and setting up your life for the future. Things will fall in place.
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 21:04   Link #140
Dkong1026
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 23
2H Dragon- so true. so. true.
__________________
Dkong1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.