AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-12, 03:56   Link #81
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Episode 12 should be subbed soon and you'll be able to stop jonesing for it. Thank goodness.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 03:57   Link #82
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Maybe you could sub it for us?

[Sakuya]Karakuri Zoushi Ayatsuri Sakon - 12 ... hahaha ...
That'd sound great! But to tell you the truth, some of those mysteries are so complex that I can't even understand them in my own language. I was going in that one story arc involving the Egyptian museum.

There was one thread (before the forum hack) where a group was starting to form that would be finishing subbing the rest of this series. No news from them?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 04:25   Link #83
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It was the Seichi group. NSW implied that it was going to be subbed by them.

NSW, I have the 12th through the 16th episode, so I'm not ogling for KZAS that much.

Do you know how to sub, Sakuya?
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 04:35   Link #84
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Do you know how to sub, Sakuya?
Yes, I know how to sub using the outdated Sub Station Alpha. But I'm not good at translations. Plus, I'm in my senior year of high school and struggling with some of my AP classes and my job so I don't have much free time. Life sucks.
Old 2006-02-13, 02:13   Link #85
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
It was the Seichi group. NSW implied that it was going to be subbed by them.
I'm sorry if you thought that I was implying that. I intended no such implication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
There was one thread (before the forum hack) where a group was starting to form that would be finishing subbing the rest of this series. No news from them?
You remember correctly. No public news yet, so you still have to wait.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-13, 22:26   Link #86
Ningal
#1 Soba Girl!

Send a message via AIM to Ningal Send a message via MSN to Ningal Send a message via Yahoo to Ningal
Aaw, that's too bad! Hey, I bet a lot of us don't mind watching it raw. (Saw all of Tactics and half of Tsubasa that way). But does anyone know where to find it raw? It's kind of an "older" series now... so some might say.

And Sakuya, don't you dare waste time subbing a series. Getting good AP scores is very, very useful when in college, trust me! ;D

I searched (for all of ten minutes) for the Hong Kong version, but came up with nothing; and without the Japanese dialogue, which HK versions usually have, I wouldn't understand a thing except for "I" and "excuse me".

It's too bad I just learned about the series all of 2 weeks ago instead of back in 99 when it was made!
Ningal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 23:52   Link #87
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningal
I searched (for all of ten minutes) for the Hong Kong version, but came up with nothing; and without the Japanese dialogue, which HK versions usually have, I wouldn't understand a thing except for "I" and "excuse me".
I used YesAsia as a guide to buying my Cantonese VCDs in Hong Kong. I found out they have Japanese R2 DVDs for the whole series at around or up to $70 each.

If you want the cheaper alternative, you can get the Cantonese VCDs with the alternate Japanese audio track. It's very hard to find it unless you type in Chinese so here are the links for the 2 boxsets.

Boxet 1: http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1002856881/

Boxset 2: http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1002856883/

One big pet peeve on these VCDs is that it uses a menu. On the menu, it gives you a selection of whether you want to view the episode in Cantonese or Japanese and you have to click either "1" or "2" on your remote. Since it's not a DVD, you cannot press up and down. And once you're in the episode, you cannot switch between languages for some reason.
Old 2006-05-02, 11:41   Link #88
sangofe

We've had a few problems, but finally, the project's first 2 eps are out ^_^
http://tracker.danomac.org/torrents/...5D.mp4.torrent
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 19:56   Link #89
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

^_^

Thank you very much ... after about a year of waiting, I hope you really finally finish subbing this great show.
Old 2006-05-02, 23:56   Link #90
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

We fully intend to, though I must say this is one cursed show/project . Some of the obstacles we've had so far could only be described as completely ridiculously fantastically improbable.
Old 2006-05-03, 00:57   Link #91
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It might have been ridiculous how delayed we've been, but our awesome QC team has ensured that we have cleared every single hurdle with a show that doesn't show a single trace of any of our problems. Utter perfection is all we show despite our curse behind the scenes.

Old 2006-05-03, 18:33   Link #92
Grant Swinger
Retired Fansubber

First, thanks for taking on this project. I've always wanted to see this series. I have one quick question. Since you've subbed episode 11 does this mean that you're going to do all the episodes that were previously subtitled by Seichi? If not I'll try to downloads Seichi's subs but I'd much rather have yours. Thanks for anything you can tell me.
Grant Swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 19:22   Link #93
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

We considered starting from episode 1, but as a translator with group responsibilities, I couldn't absolutely commit to a freelance project for all 26 episodes. I didn't want to have to call it quits due to time constraints in the middle of the series (say episode 18, for example), so I said I could reasonably commit to 16 episodes (episodes 11-26), then reconsider the remaining 10 episodes once we finish. (I didn't want to start in the middle of an arc for consistency reasons, so we started at episode 11 instead of 12.) The rest of the group is perfectly willing to work concurrently on episodes 1-10 with another translator as I work on episodes 11-26, though, so if someone is interested, that is indeed a possibility. ^_^
Old 2006-05-03, 20:01   Link #94
DryFire
Panda Herder

Having seen seichi's ep one, I also think it is more important to finish then to re-sub 1-10.
I suppose the animax logo could get annoying.

/shameless plug

If you're looking for seichi's releases I have 1-3 here, and will be adding 7-10 on friday after I finish up my final exams.

shameless plug/
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 05:59   Link #95
sangofe

Enjoy And yes, it's the conclusion of Byakko of Shinshuu: Bloody Rain Hell!
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 07:17   Link #96
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Thanks for the DVD(!) release.

Now to gain more space on my hard drive .... *burns School Rumble*
Old 2006-05-20, 08:18   Link #97
daisukechan
BakaDaichan

Send a message via AIM to daisukechan Send a message via MSN to daisukechan Send a message via Yahoo to daisukechan Send a message via Skype™ to daisukechan
T_T i just noticed this show and wanted to download it and didnt notice the links werent working...has it been a long time since the files stoped working or is it just right now?
daisukechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 08:27   Link #98
Shenlong

oh em gee I just found out a group is continuing AS, back before the boards got deleted I tried not to get my hopes up but ASP actually came through.. thank you so much for coming through \o/
brb I need to change my undies.

And if anyone is looking for the old seichi fansubs, there is a bot in their channel on effnet that has all of em. gl and keep the puppet love flowing
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 08:49   Link #99
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisukechan
T_T i just noticed this show and wanted to download it and didnt notice the links werent working...has it been a long time since the files stoped working or is it just right now?
It should be working as far as I know, but perhaps the listing was temporarily removed to moderate bandwidth usage on his DDL site. I'll check with him ASAP.
Old 2006-05-20, 11:45   Link #100
DryFire
Panda Herder

The episodes were pulled from the site by my host; I still need to look into it.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote