AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-04-24, 17:11   Link #1
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Shikamaru and Temari. Are they couple material? O.o

You always hear Sakura-sasuke naruto-sakura even SASUKE-NARUTO @_@;!!!
I have also heard things about Temari-Shikamaru pairings who happen to be my favorite guy and girl character. What do you think about the temari-shikamaru pairing? O_o does it have potential!? think there's anything between them!?
Old 2006-04-24, 17:19   Link #2
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
If they would be more important characters i think you would see soemhting happen. But with them both being low end characters i doubt we will see anything very profond or even a statment/event that would clearly make them involved together.

Prety much Kishi will be working mroe on otehr relationships then theirs.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 17:21   Link #3
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes
If they would be more important characters i think you would see soemhting happen. But with them both being low end characters i doubt we will see anything very profond or even a statment/event that would clearly make them involved together.

Prety much Kishi will be working mroe on otehr relationships then theirs.

Yeah, that makes sense. I think it would be interesting to see though. ~_~
Old 2006-04-24, 17:34   Link #4
Zek
Eyebrows...

Like Ead said, they're too low on the totem pole to get any serious attention, especially in a shounen manga series. If the series goes far enough into the future for the kids to be adults, then they might get married during a timeskip or something. Barring that, don't count on it.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 18:23   Link #5
Jigokun
Shocked Expression!

Temari "fits too well" With Shikamaru - I am a firm supporter of RockLee X Temari Just because - Hahaha
Jigokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 19:56   Link #6
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigokun
Temari "fits too well" With Shikamaru - I am a firm supporter of RockLee X Temari Just because - Hahaha

Temari...and...Rock Lee? Oh dear..
Old 2006-04-25, 01:03   Link #7
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeschooler_Jenni
Temari...and...Rock Lee? Oh dear..
I know. Just sounds so wrong.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 03:54   Link #8
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Naruto is not the right anime if you're after romance. I dont think we'll ever see any coupling at all in the remaining story.

The one man fanclub!
Dosu did never really die.....
He just took a time out.
Click for my 18 paged Dosu Gaiden manga chapter!
[Fixed link again, again, and again!.. If it's down, please PM me!]
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 05:01   Link #9
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

Quote:
You always hear Sakura-sasuke naruto-sakura even SASUKE-NARUTO @_@;!!!
Sasuke x Naruto isn't that bad. Often they've cute graphics and very funny stories. It's not all about what people think it is. Check out this one for example.

It has been posted earlier in this thread

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 05:30   Link #10
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I think either Ino x Shika or Tema x Shika could go. Honestly, Ino and Temari are way too similar in their interactions with him for it to be one way or the other.I mean, both of them have him whipped. (although I'd lean towards Ino on that.).. I really don't see as many hints for TemaShika as people love to claim there are, and how it's CANON and all this. I mean, I think there is just as much justification for ShikaIno, isn't there?

She cheered for him like crazy during both their matches, telling him to prove that he's a man. Even Chouji commented on how when Shikamaru went on, she suddenly became energetic. (ohoho, jealous?)When she started cheering for Sasuke, Chouji thinks, "He worked so hard, and she's already moved back to Sasuke.. Poor Shikamaru." Ehh? Isn't that... I mean, that's a bigger hint to me than "she's scarier than my mother."

And when he became chuunin, she said "even a guy like you looks good in that" or whatever. He blushes. and the whole diet thing? Shikamaru grins and says that Ino's one of a kind, and that she would be more popular if she put some meat on her. Since most guys like girls who are stacked.
For Chouji, I think it's likely he likes Ino, but knows Shikamaru does too. And the way he said "I always knew you were better than Sasuke or Neji".. like, as in the two most popular genin, right? I think he'd support them. They're his best friends.

BOTH Temari and Ino are like Shikamaru's mother. He always says how his father is whipped, yet when Ino get's angry, he's quick to appologize for upsetting her. I think he's just as bad. Er.. I think Temari's just like... a flirt? She's 3 years older than him, and I think she just thinks he's smart, cute, and good for teasing and flirting with. I DO think its sort of strange though. When she was 15/16 she was flirting with a 12 y/o boy.

After the time-skip.. I didn't see that as a big deal, either. Friends walk around together, and the explanation was given without any awkwardness or stuttering or blushing, etc. If he liked her like that I think he would have come across as embarrased? Maybe it's not in his character.

But anyways, I'm just trying to make a point. Neither ShikaIno OR ShikaTema are canon.
They both have equal standing, in my eyes, so people need to just chill out. Seriously.
Old 2006-04-25, 06:15   Link #11
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

I think of Shikamaru and Temari as just rivals, although not in a hardcore way like sasuke/naruto or kakashi/gai. =P
they don't even match so well. Shikamaru is serious and anti-romantic, Temari is boastful and light-hearted.
Old 2006-04-25, 06:28   Link #12
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Sometimes the opposite in a boy girl relation matches even better...then persons with a similiar character...because they balance eachother out.
Shikamaru obviously isnt a dominant type...while Temari is...2 dominant types obviously doesnt work.

After Temari was at the hospital with Shikamaru she saw Shika's feelings...and she looked at him as a real human...who snapped..when not on the battlefield...i'd say those 2 really "can" have something.

Shikamaru always talks like: a male cant hit a girl..a male cant be protected or atleast shouldnt be protected by a girl..unlike others is always using his head, is kind and doesnt do stupid things...yet knows not much about women.

I think Temari kinda likes it somehow..since Shika doesnt show off and by the words of Shika she feels forced to prove it that Shika is wrong..

I'd say...they are a good match..
Old 2006-04-25, 06:45   Link #13
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

I just heard alot of things about them and when i would see them together in episodes i didn't really see it ya know,but I mean I guess they could be a good match, but I'm not watching naruto for romance or anything. Just curious thats all.
Old 2006-04-25, 08:25   Link #14
Zek
Eyebrows...

I've always liked the idea of a Shikamaru/Temari pairing because Shika's schtick is that he fights the woman every time, despite his macho attitude. It would be deliciously ironic if he grows up to be whipped like his dad.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 14:49   Link #15
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
I've always liked the idea of a Shikamaru/Temari pairing because Shika's schtick is that he fights the woman every time, despite his macho attitude. It would be deliciously ironic if he grows up to be whipped like his dad.

haha yeah, that would be interesting wouldn't it? I remember when I went to the AWA (Anime weekend Atlanta ) CON last year here in Georgia, I dressed up as temari and my boyfriend was Shikamaru. Alot of people stopped us and wanted our picture. Then my boyfriend told me alot of people think that Shikamaru and Temari are a 'item' I thought that it was interesting since I was temari and he was shikamaru. ~_~
Old 2006-04-26, 05:45   Link #16
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I think there is obviously "something" between them, but i highly doubt you will see when they get together, it'll just be something like "oh yeah btw we married" or something like that
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 06:04   Link #17
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

It wouldn´t be insane to make them a couple but I think they would be pretty boring as a couple if you want romance and drama. Used as a comic stunt from time to time it should be alright. I think it´ll be more interesting to see how Shikamaru develops as a ninja and a group leader.

If we want romance I only see four persons and three couples at the moment. That I think would make good couples.

Sakura and Sasuke.
Sakura and Naruto.
Hinata and Naruto.

(Leaving out the older characters.)

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2006-04-26 at 14:11.
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 07:05   Link #18
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

In pretty much every anime romance is inevitable..especially when males and females are working together or against eachother. This is all instinct..we cant help it.

When a boy curses a girl or the other way around...they could still come with a thought which is completly the opposite...

And in a team forced to pull off teamwork its even harder NOT to have feelings for the other. So many times does this happen in both life and anime.

Therefor we surely can talk about and will see it happening in Naruto.
Romance is usually a soft spot for women...and i dont think Kishimoto intends to draw males audience or male groups alone.

For example our Rave here...all she talks about is this romance thing..which she really hopes for Sasuke & Naruto or Sasuke with Sakura..
Old 2006-04-26, 10:45   Link #19
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
In pretty much every anime romance is inevitable..especially when males and females are working together or against eachother. This is all instinct..we cant help it.

When a boy curses a girl or the other way around...they could still come with a thought which is completly the opposite...

And in a team forced to pull off teamwork its even harder NOT to have feelings for the other. So many times does this happen in both life and anime.

Therefor we surely can talk about and will see it happening in Naruto.
Romance is usually a soft spot for women...and i dont think Kishimoto intends to draw males audience or male groups alone.

For example our Rave here...all she talks about is this romance thing..which she really hopes for Sasuke & Naruto or Sasuke with Sakura..
That was beautiful...
Old 2006-04-26, 11:44   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
That was beautiful...
In shonen manga the story is the same, the difference is how they tell it. It's like when a couple talks about their relation/marriage, they talk about the same thing but in a totally different way.
So the Shika - Temari relation is quite a clear fact. But all the romance is not told, it's meant to be there but never told. Take DBZ for example, the were quite a lot of couples: goku+chichi, krilin+nr17. , vegeta+bulma. But it just happened, then came the children, just like it has to be in real life, but the story was focused on all the action and humor. If you want to have the same story but with romance just make a fanfiction focusing on the romantic side of the story and telling the action only as a bit of spice over the romance. The same story told in a different way may be quite interesting.
In Naruto I expect that it will suddenly show us Shikamaru and Temari being one family, without any complicated story of how it happened. Then showing all the funny moments of their family life which are all triggered by Shikamaru's lazyness and his opinion on women which will obviously trigger Temari's strong woman ego and cause quite funny situations.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote