AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-19, 03:28   Link #21
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Otaku's Dream is the homepage for lots of cool anime song packages (such as Jubo's, which is the best IMO). There are other ones that are nice, too, like U.K.U.G. (not in Otaku's Dream). You just need to look around
A bit late since I rarely look in this subforum, but I have to strongly recommend the Otaku's dream packs. They're very good. Though unfortunately there aren't too many beginner/intermediate tracks, the majority of them are very hard. Especially the instrumental (OST) pack they released recently. Some of my absolute favourite tracks ever are pretty much entirely unplayable, just insanely hard.

I can do up to 5-6 step tracks, and the majority of the instrumentals are 10-12 step. Through all the otaku packs there are even a few 16 steps. Ridiculously hard. I'm slowly working my way up to being able to do some 7-8 step stuff though, that'll allow me to play a few more of the courses I haven't been able to as of yet.

It's just unfortunate that the 1-2 step tracks are stupidly easy and the 8+ are stupidly hard. There aren't nearly enough 3-6 step tracks.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 05:07   Link #22
daskuu

Personally next to Otaku's Dream and Bemanistyle i also use www.animedreamer.org, they host a bunch of packs. Just go under Stepmania Downloads.
daskuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 05:30   Link #23
Bobbias

A little point: I've been playing Stepmania for about 5 years now, and 10-12 footers are easy for me, and in fact, most decent stepmania players are able to do 8-10 footers within a couple months, and work steadily up from there (it slows down after you get good at harder 10 footers). Every person has their own speed they learn at, but pretty much anyone who is a dedicated player can play 10-12 footers without too much trouble.

Also, flashflashrevolution.com hosts some simfiles.
stepmaniaonline.com has forums with links to a bunch of simfile packs and simfiles.
http://ambush.seanzer.net/otfd/ has a couple people's complete collections
http://houkouonchi.net/packs/ has a ton of packs (it's also pointed to from stepmaniaonline.com)
Bobbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 06:14   Link #24
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
A little point: I've been playing Stepmania for about 5 years now, and 10-12 footers are easy for me, and in fact, most decent stepmania players are able to do 8-10 footers within a couple months, and work steadily up from there (it slows down after you get good at harder 10 footers).
Yeah, I'm in that instance right now. 10-step songs most of times are no problem to me, but I can't get more than a C or a B in 11 or 12-step songs.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 06:20   Link #25
Bobbias

Well, even hard 12 footers don't give me much trouble right now, actually. Really depends on what the sim author's idea of a 12 footer is, lol. Everyone hits walls though, I'm kinda stuck where I am right now because my left hand is too weak to really do drills (L-D-L-D over and over) very well at anything above 140 BPM 16ths or so.
Bobbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 07:59   Link #26
Cyan...

I've been playing stepmania for about 8months now. Anyone use stepmania online?
Cyan... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 20:49   Link #27
~ Lawliet ~

I've played much, although recently deleted it. I've long since planned to download it yet again.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 08:53   Link #28
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan... View Post
I've been playing stepmania for about 8months now. Anyone use stepmania online?
I just recently got in to SMO. It's really fun playing with others. ^^ However as I'm a pad player, I only play with friends, as the majority of players out there are keyboarders and ridicule you for using a pad and playing anything less than 8 step songs. ;.; I play to have fun, not to be insulted because I use the method of play that the game was actually designed for.

Anyway, I have 'Anime Mix' 1-5, though most of them aren't very good. UKUG (fully patched with latest fixes for IOSYS and other stuff) and Otaku's Dream Anime 1-4, instrumental 1-2, H 1, and all of Jubo's packs. I've also been playing some of the submissions for anime mix 5, some of which are excellent as OD generally is. ^^ Even if half of them are keyboard only, I still like the music so I keep them all despite only playing on pad. >.>

But if anybody is interested in some friendly games on SMO, send me a PM or something. Maybe we can get an AS room up or the likes. ^^;
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 21:41   Link #29
neothe0ne

Well, this thread is a little old, and I'm kind of advertising myself, but meh =\

If anyone wants easier anime (and some Japanese) simfiles (as in, completely Pad-able, and not designed so that only Keyboard can be used), you should check my blog http://neothe0ne.wordpress.com/ . I'm submitting most of the files found there to Otaku's Dream 5th Anime Mix, but a couple others won't be there (some of which imo are actually the better songs with better steps).
neothe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 06:42   Link #30
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Surprise surprise. =p Howdy Neo.

I can vouch for Neo's paddable files. He's my favourite contributor to OD5 so far. ^^; It's nice to see people taking the time to do pad tracks in the predominantly keyboard world of SM. Especially someone doing so many well timed submissions (most with videos and lyrics and pretty banners even!). So yeah. I support his stuff.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 01:47   Link #31
theorys
Astral Traveller

Stepmania - the game made for Otakus

Really, a great game. I dropped FFXI and WoW after I picked up Stepmania. It's great since I don't need alot of time to play it, and every single conceivable anime song exists between Bemanistyle, OtakuDream, and Flash Flash.

Anyone else an avid step junkie?

Last edited by theorys; 2008-12-23 at 02:29.
theorys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 08:19   Link #32
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
Well, this thread is a little old, and I'm kind of advertising myself, but meh =\

If anyone wants easier anime (and some Japanese) simfiles (as in, completely Pad-able, and not designed so that only Keyboard can be used), you should check my blog http://neothe0ne.wordpress.com/ . I'm submitting most of the files found there to Otaku's Dream 5th Anime Mix, but a couple others won't be there (some of which imo are actually the better songs with better steps).
Oh look, it's Neo! =D If you don't remember me, I'll be ignoring you on OD > . So, how's it going? I might submit a sim to ODHM2, since my sim for THM probably failed. You?
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 02:19   Link #33
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I love this game I even made a few files of my own and uploaded them on bemanistyle.
Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 15:12   Link #34
Pikarus

Send a message via Skype™ to Pikarus
Does anyone know where i can download dj sharpnel? i cant seem to find any anywhere )=
Pikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 16:37   Link #35
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I need to get this sometime.

Preferably in Evangelion edition.

Dance like you wanna win, anybody? Oh yeah I can see where this is going, and I absolutely want to see someone try to synchronize with my horrible coordination.

From the sounds of it, it's addicting.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 16:24   Link #36
Pikarus

Send a message via Skype™ to Pikarus
if anyone knows where to download DJ SHARPNEL i would lovvvveee it if you let me know where to get it i cant find it anywhere
Pikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 09:39   Link #37
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I also write simfiles I'm still sort of a noob at it, but I'm getting better now since someone gave me some tips. Here is one of the files I made

Old 2010-06-23, 11:18   Link #38
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong Send a message via Skype™ to Ramong
Have been using stepmania for a couple of years now, when I am bored
Got LOTS of songs for it (it take 10min to load them all on my new rig) anime and others..

http://www.otakusdream.com/ this site got some animepacks for those who are interrested
Ramong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 13:42   Link #39
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramong View Post
Have been using stepmania for a couple of years now, when I am bored
Got LOTS of songs for it (it take 10min to load them all on my new rig) anime and others..

http://www.otakusdream.com/ this site got some animepacks for those who are interrested
yeah I been there and they gave me a pm on youtube that they will be releasing OD mix 6 here in a half a month or so I'm quite excited what new files they will have I just downloaded My Anime Collection L-M and that brought my total to somewhere between 1,300~1,400 songs.