AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2006-07-08, 13:51   Link #41
FlAmE hAzE - ShAnA
Flame-Haired Red-Hot-Eyed

Send a message via MSN to FlAmE hAzE - ShAnA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuraiSHIA
Yeah, here in Germany i bought it too!^^ I love it so much!!!!!!! >///< It's so full of mystery and secrets!!! Especially people doesn't know much about Yuko, not even her real name. Or know anyone there her real name???? o.O? How much manga were published at your place? Here there are six volume published.

anata no Kurai
I love xxxholic, and
I envy you, maybe should be better change of city,,,,just kidding
Here just there are two volume.
I see the anime, but however I want the manga, it's more funny and reliable.
FlAmE hAzE - ShAnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 17:10   Link #42
Haru27

Wow. Yes i have finished book 4 in this series. Yuko is my favorite charcter.
Haru27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 19:58   Link #43
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soka-chan
Man, I'm the best. I've only read up to vol. 11 of TRC and vol. 7 of Holic and I knew it

Don't say anything more, the new volume doesn't come out in my country till October.

I still don't think Himawari is evil or Yuko wouldn't let Watanuki go around and with her so easily. Still, she's strange; we'll just have to wait and see why :-)
Yuko isn't a demonhunter, but more like an observer. She doesn't actively destroy evil unless she is paid. Watanuki needs to take care of himself.
Old 2006-07-21, 20:59   Link #44
Soka-chan

Quote:
Yuko isn't a demonhunter, but more like an observer. She doesn't actively destroy evil unless she is paid. Watanuki needs to take care of himself
That's actually not true. Look at the wings' story...Yuuko is directly opposing someone(the villain of TRC).
I didn't want to say that she wouldn't let Wata hang around with Himawari, but she would be more serious about the danger she poses and not only tell him "I don't think she's the girl for you".That's just lame and someone as wise as her should know that Wata is not going to listen to a warning as lame as that.

“They’re bigger, stronger and meaner than us. If this is anything but a poetry contest, we’re in for a very humiliating experience”(GOJYO)

-For Goku, who understood that being accepting of death is not the same as being resigned to fying.A true warrior to the last.
Soka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 21:18   Link #45
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soka-chan
That's actually not true. Look at the wings' story...Yuuko is directly opposing someone(the villain of TRC).
I didn't want to say that she wouldn't let Wata hang around with Himawari, but she would be more serious about the danger she poses and not only tell him "I don't think she's the girl for you".That's just lame and someone as wise as her should know that Wata is not going to listen to a warning as lame as that.
Well, Yuko didn't warn the person who got the monkey paw that "the artifact is probably going to kill you", did she?
Old 2006-07-25, 13:58   Link #46
Soka-chan

Quote:
Well, Yuko didn't warn the person who got the monkey paw that "the artifact is probably going to kill you", did she?
Yeah, but she was really serious in that case, if you compare her face when she advises that woman not to open it, to the joking, funny face she gets every time she talks about Himawari not being good for Wata....there's no possible comparison, man. Whenever she's serious about her advice, you can tell.Remember when she told him to watch out for himself while she was away???You could tell she was being serious, as opposed to her advice on Himawari.

“They’re bigger, stronger and meaner than us. If this is anything but a poetry contest, we’re in for a very humiliating experience”(GOJYO)

-For Goku, who understood that being accepting of death is not the same as being resigned to fying.A true warrior to the last.
Soka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 15:26   Link #47
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

I love xxxholic!
well i think clamp converted me to their religion :-"

anyway,

It's like she also says,
Even if she said it , it's up to the person to change their habits,

i think of yuuko more of a person who likes to use and twist logic o.o

i bought some volumes of TRC, saw the cross-world

in xxxholic,
does anyone know why yuuko "regrets" the price she asked to syoaran
she said something like "i should have asked for his memories"
(my bad but i need to lookup again to confirm)
akurashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 06:21   Link #48
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Really? Where does she say that?

Well, if Syaoran's memories were taken, it would be a lot harder for him to complete the mission. His survival depends on his will to save Sakura's life because of who she is to him. If I had to provide a guess... it would be because the equal price paid to have the ability to retrieve memories would be memories themselves. In other words:

Sakura's Memories in exchange for Syaorans...

This would make more sense as well because it's Syaoran's wish that Yuuko is granting and not Sakura's. Therefore what had to be taken ... should have been something of Syaoran's own possession.

But realising that the mission wouldn't be able to be completed with Syaoran's own memories, Yuuko had to compromise.

I don't know if anyone else picked this up... but in the manga (volume 6) when Yuuko's away with Mokona she mentions she's "making gods." I just realised while watching episode 36 of tsubasa chronicle (2nd season) that it was refering to Ashura and Yasha. XD

Top 5 Favourite Animes:1. FLCL 2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 3. Yakitate!! Japan 4. Honey & Clover 5. Full Metal Alchemist
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 09:52   Link #49
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

In vol 2 , starting

hmm making gods =o never thought of her doing ashura and yasha, wasn't it a ceremony? (bah i really need to check around a bit)
akurashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 18:04   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katakami
I don't know if anyone else picked this up... but in the manga (volume 6) when Yuuko's away with Mokona she mentions she's "making gods." I just realised while watching episode 36 of tsubasa chronicle (2nd season) that it was refering to Ashura and Yasha. XD
There's no 100% sure on that, remember the time frame for Tsubasa Chronicle goes a lot faster then Holic, though it probably is connected.
Old 2006-08-11, 13:53   Link #51
Xellos-_^
Married

Just finish reading 114 and 115.

Looks like we are finally getting intot he main storyline. We are also starting to get more info on Himawari.

Watanuki is also starting to built a harem. He just became very good friend with a little girl And it looks like she will be a recurring character (i hope).
Old 2006-08-20, 04:36   Link #52
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

bought vol 9!

the manga's art is so beautiful!!! but too bad i didn't know it was a seinen manga so it didn't have furigana... meaning i need a lot of time before i will be able to read it...

but still that doesn't prevent me from scanning and scanning the book...
the art's lovely!
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 17:33   Link #53
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

ch 116= himiwari is EVIL!!!!
Old 2006-08-23, 20:01   Link #54
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorYue
But it seems she doesn't know it. You can't blame her. At least to me, she seem sso nice and cheerful I can't help but like her. But man, that was just so sudden.

Check out !
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 23:26   Link #55
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorYue
We know that already

Looks like himawari si finally making her move.
Old 2006-08-25, 23:47   Link #56
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
But it seems she doesn't know it. You can't blame her. At least to me, she seem sso nice and cheerful I can't help but like her. But man, that was just so sudden.
maybe she doesnt...but her spirit is very bad

2 week wait...quite unbearable. atleast we have TRC (for those that read both that is) next week might be interesting for that one, what with taht GUY apearing :P
Old 2006-09-03, 03:32   Link #57
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

xxxholic ch 117 spoilers: http://clamp-hikari.livejournal.com/2590.html

O.O
Old 2006-09-03, 09:04   Link #58
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
>< waw the spoilers! Can't believe Himawari's evil... XD

I shouldn't be reading this.. haha ... I decided I'd wait for the english translation and collect the whole thing.

Top 5 Favourite Animes:1. FLCL 2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 3. Yakitate!! Japan 4. Honey & Clover 5. Full Metal Alchemist
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 18:18   Link #59
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

there are scanslations available....
Old 2006-09-04, 13:15   Link #60
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by katakami
>< waw the spoilers! Can't believe Himawari's evil... XD

I shouldn't be reading this.. haha ... I decided I'd wait for the english translation and collect the whole thing.
If you wait for the official relase thats going to be a long wait.

Do what i do, buy the Del Rey rels and download the scanlations.

Tags
fantasy, seinen