AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-10-02, 14:38   Link #81
nororu
wandering star

i like the anime .. but i looooooove the manga!!! xxxholic \(^o^)/
nororu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 03:59   Link #82
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

-sigh- no xxxholic manga for 3 whole weeks. ;_;

atkleast when it DOES come back, on oct 23, there will be 3 very nice colors ^^(one being the 2 page splash)
SailorYue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 13:50   Link #83
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler:
Magic. Simple as that. Don't expect her to play surgeon with him - her turf is the supernatural world.

Quote:
Spoiler:
...Hmmm...I remember in one of the earlier chapters that Yuuko says, while observing Watanuki, 'he's really a good/interesting child as we thought...Clow.'
Which means that Clow Reed must have been aware of Watanuki's (future) birth and/or existence, and/or examined his case a long time ago...or that there is some hidden link between the two, even if it's a superfluous one.
And when we know that, according to Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, that Syaoran bears Clow's blood (meaning, that he is one of Clow's descendants), Syaoran
Spoiler:
one can only theorize as to what's really going on, whether Syaoran knows the real deal about Watanuki and his importance or whatnot.

I'm still wondering how things will change between him and Watanuki - now that she doesn't have to put a façade and the like. And about her constant smiling, well, it sort of reminds me of Rurouni Kenshin's character, Seta Sojiro, who constantly smiles to hide his dark past, possibly as a way to defend himself from whatever haunts/plagues him. It' perhaps her way to fend off the sadness that her curses brings her on a constant basis.

Quote:
i think this WAS the climax. i think i read somewhere that after this was revealed the manga will shortly end T_T
Is that true? I'm a bit dubious about this because, even though Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles also reached a quite climactic point (if not the crux of the story since it revolves around Syaoran, his true identity and his past), I'm not sure whether everything's over or about to. Sure, CLAMP isn't obligated to prolong XXXHolic to cover TRC's aftermath (as I guess we're entering TRC's final or penultimate arc from the recent revelations) since both timelines are independent from each other but since it's their way to tie all of their universes together, I wonder if they aren't going to keep it running for a little longer, even if it's just a few months. Moreover, there are still a few things left to discuss in XXXHolic, like Watanuki's nature and how to deal with his 'curse', etc, etc.
This should give us some hope on seeing it lasting a little while longer, I guess.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 19:08   Link #84
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

well acording to a magazine artical;, in newtype (jap) an interveiw with one fo the 4 ladies...(i forget who...don now hteir names...the oe with "O.A. as her initials?) in the artical she said that when a big secret is revealed xxxholic will shortly end afterwards... and i dont think you can get any bigger then himiwari's secret.
Old 2006-10-08, 01:34   Link #85
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

I see. Maybe, then. It could also be something like the reason why Watanuki can see spirits, Youko's past or whatnot - there are still many things left hidden in XXXHolic's world, like what Clow saw in Watanuki that made the boy so interesting, etc...

BTW, the O.A. person should be Ohkawa Ageha:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=208

Name: Ageha Ohkawa
Role: team leader; story & script
DOB: March 2
Blood-type: A
Birthplace: Osaka

Name: Satsuki Igarashi
Role: design; art assistant
DOB: Feb 8
Blood type: A
Birthplace: Born in Kyoto, raised in Shiga

Name: Tsubaki Nekoi
Role: art assistant; chibi artist; lead artist on Wish, Legal Drug, Suki, The One I Love
DOB: January 21
Blood-type: O
Birthplace: Kyoto

Name: Apapa Mokona
Role: lead artist; colors
DOB: June 16
Blood-type: A
Birthplace: Kyoto

I think there were originally six of them but one quit the group to follow her own path...

Old 2006-10-08, 23:01   Link #86
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

there was more. ALOT more. i forget the exact numter...it was 6 for a while after that and then 4 for the past 17 years ^^
Old 2006-10-13, 01:08   Link #87
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

ugh. one more holicless week @_@
Old 2006-10-16, 05:51   Link #88
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorYue View Post
ugh. one more holicless week @_@
i know its pure suffering O.O
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 00:05   Link #89
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
i know its pure suffering O.O
make that 2. no xxxholic till the 3oth
Old 2006-10-18, 01:54   Link #90
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorYue View Post
make that 2. no xxxholic till the 3oth
mass doujin reading in the mean time it is then XD
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 06:47   Link #91
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

ch 121 posted to msn group
Old 2006-11-05, 07:47   Link #92
Mitaan

Oh I really LOVE this manga *o*

The story is amazing and I like the characters so much, Yuko is so cool ^__^

Well... I've got the volumes 1 - 7, here in Spain there are just 7 on sale... I've been waiting for the 8th for so long >.<

Personally my favourite characters are Yuko and Domeki, but I also like Watanuki a lot... but right now Himawari seems to be having more and more importance...

I prefer not to read spoilers ^^!
Mitaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 06:22   Link #93
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

ch 122 posted to msn
Old 2006-11-17, 19:17   Link #94
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

sorry for the delay, ch 123 is now up at msn
Old 2006-11-25, 02:58   Link #95
Rene

Send a message via MSN to Rene
Hihi~ I love the manga too! Its really interesting
my favourite character got to be Yuuku!
she is sooo cool!
Just read vol 10 last week
I really really love vol 10! My favourite book out of all
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 08:02   Link #96
Mareel

Send a message via AIM to Mareel
I think there is still a bit to go as Himawari's secret is not the biggest secret they could have revealed. Also. for long running stories, the multiple climatic points (of differening magnitudes) are neccessary to keep the story from getting stale usually. I think we are closing in on the end, but I think there are still several big things yet to come.
Old 2006-11-27, 13:15   Link #97
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Well, I believe the ONE secret that should be the crux of the entire series is nothing but...Watanuki's own nature. Clow and Yuuko both foresaw his importance and how special he was - heck, even the true Syaoran paid a certain price to save him even if, by all accounts, both are (to the best of our knowledge, of course) complete strangers. It simply shows that beyond the influence Watanuki's actions have on the world at large (throughout the adventures Yuuko often sends him off to), there is more to him than meets the eye and what he simply does right now.

I guess that when an explanation on what exactly is so special about him will be released, the series will simply come to a close - because the character and plot development will most likely run out of new material to add on and there' not much maneuver margin left. But then again, the latest chapters spurred a lot of questions about why Watanuki stands out - which makes me wonder if we aren't already entering an arc centered around him...possibly the final one. But I could always be wrong, of course. One can only hope.

Old 2006-11-29, 08:17   Link #98
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

theres definalty a few more adventures for the dynamic duo of dou-wata to go. like, why doumeki was entrusted with that inddestructable egg? the whole "himiwari isnt good" arc is clsoed. now were into a more important arc. like how TRC crossovers are happeneing more frequently.
Old 2006-11-30, 11:09   Link #99
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

chapter 124 posted to msn
Old 2007-05-02, 17:00   Link #100
Gift of Names
The Mistmeadow Witch

I adore xxxHOLiC. I've been waiting for quite some time for the ninth issue to show up here in my city. I am very interested to see how the story will progress and what, exactly, Watanuki is going to become. I also want to see the showdown between Yūko and Fei Wong Reed that's been hinted at.
Gift of Names is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen