AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Old 2013-11-05, 05:25   Link #181
hamazura
Huskar is for NOOBS

now, i've completed victory gundam
dont need to respond, just read my spoilerish review, complain and opinion about this frickin series
Spoiler for V:

final score 5/10 , even ZZ is far better than this... ah no, ZZ is very good, i should say even AGE is better than this...
people said this is darkest gundam series... nah, the director just throwing too many unnecesary death, nothing special except that.

sorry for my rant inside the spoiler
Old 2014-02-06, 05:17   Link #182
Michie_

After watching the first couple of episodes i have a hard time beliving this series takes place in the same timeline as F-91 and Unicorn. Shouldn't Seabook Arno still be alive at the time Victory takes place?
Michie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 07:27   Link #183
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michie_ View Post
After watching the first couple of episodes i have a hard time beliving this series takes place in the same timeline as F-91 and Unicorn. Shouldn't Seabook Arno still be alive at the time Victory takes place?
He retired between the Crossbone mangas and married Cecily.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:46   Link #184
Michie_

After watching every episode it still feels this Gundam series should have been part of it's own universe. It doesn't make any sense people seems to have forgotten about events that only took place 70 years ago.

Also does anyone knows what happend with Uso's father? I may have missed it but i haven't seen him die.
Michie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:55   Link #185
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Om nom nom

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michie_ View Post
After watching every episode it still feels this Gundam series should have been part of it's own universe. It doesn't make any sense people seems to have forgotten about events that only took place 70 years ago.

Also does anyone knows what happend with Uso's father? I may have missed it but i haven't seen him die.
You'd be surprised at how much history can be lost over even just 10-20 years, much less 74 years. You also can't forget that, officially (animated works), it's been 30 years since the last, isolated conflict (Gundam F91, UC 0123), which itself took place 27-30 years after the much isolated Second Neo Zeon War and the Larplace Incident (UC 0093-0096). A lot can happen during such periods of time like documents being lost/destroyed, participants/survivors dying, cover-ups, attempts to revise such history, and so on. It's usually just the biggest/most important icons that manage to retain themselves, like the "Gundam" name and its reputation.

As for Uso's father, if he didn't die when the Jeanne D'Arc's bridge was blasted, then he did die when it kamikaze'd into the Zanscare fleet in the last episode.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote