AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-26, 11:54   Link #1
ginko51

Mushishi meets Trigun meets Rurouni Kenshin

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-05-03 at 18:10.
Old 2006-04-26, 12:45   Link #2
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Damn. Last Exile is one of the most atmospheric anime I've ever seen.

Um.. you could try these:
-Cowboy Bebop -- classic!
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Haibane Renmei for that mysterious, beautiful setting, or Kino no Tabi. They are the only ones that I can think of that have the slightest resemblance to Mushishi.
-Full Metal Panic 1 & 2
-FLCL for mindless fun?

I've heard Outlaw Star is like Trigun in some ways, but I have yet to watch that..
Old 2006-04-26, 12:53   Link #3
Asfad

Kino no Tabi is probably the closest thing you'll find. I can't recommend it enough, get get it now
Old 2006-04-26, 13:38   Link #4
ginko51

I'm having a bit of problem on finding a place to get the torrent of each episode...

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-05-03 at 18:12.
Old 2006-04-26, 15:18   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That's because it was licensed. Go and Buy the DVDs. Now. Kino no Tabi is utterly worth every cent.

I'll agree that it is the closest think I can think of to a cross between Mushishi, Trigun and Rurouni Kenshin. It has the pacing and beautiful insight of Mushishi, some of Rurouni Kenshin's philosophy and character and small flashes of Trigun. It is also quite unique in its own right.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-30, 13:46   Link #6
ginko51

I've watched Episode 0 of Kino no Tabi.I wanted to know if this is any indication of the actual series (?).

I didn't like Kino's big eyes that much and there wasn't much to the story but I liked the vibe...

I was also expecting a more evolved anime as far as animation is concerned.It looked dated (isn't it suposed to be recent?).
Old 2006-04-30, 14:10   Link #7
Asfad

Episode 0, and especially the movie, are best appreciated after you watch the series.

The TV series itself isn't one cohesive story, but rather episodic short stories connected by the main premise (travelling from one country to the next, ala Mushishi). These short stories serves as a means to portray its psychological depth and ambiguities, which it does better than any other anime I have seen yet.

The animation itself looks dated because of the grain/scan-line effect they add to the entire series, but the animation itself is quite decent. Theres a reason why they do this, which will be apparent as you watch through the series.

Give the first few episodes of the TV series a try, im sure you will love it if you liked Mushishi. I haven't seen many who don't like this series in one way or another.
Old 2006-04-30, 14:15   Link #8
jedinat
フリーター

"Those too dependent on eye candy shall be cast into the deepest pits of hell." So intoned Kami-sama while watching Kare Kano.
Old 2006-05-01, 02:52   Link #9
Kyousuke

Yes, go for Kino no Tabi. It's the best anime I have ever seen.
Old 2006-05-01, 13:58   Link #10
ginko51

I guess so many people can't be wrong.And I admit I like the premise.Ep0 just dind't grab me that much.But I'm decided to give it a chance of course.
Closed Thread