AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-27, 04:23   Link #21
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Er wait... Tôko chan challenges Yumi to become the next Rosa Chinensis ? Since when a first year can become a candidate for the head of the Yamayurikai ? tought that Shimako's attempt in the first season was an exception because the was Gigantea en bouton.

Anyways I think that the novel will stop when we will see Sachiko graduating. Since the story deals with her relationship with Yumi in Lillian Hight School's walls, ther is no use, to my mind, to continue the story after. Maybe a flash foward showing us Yumi-Shimako-Yoshino about to graduate but nothing more.
Old 2006-09-04, 04:57   Link #22
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Er wait... Tko chan challenges Yumi to become the next Rosa Chinensis ? Since when a first year can become a candidate for the head of the Yamayurikai ?
Nope, anyone can do it. ^^;
Even though it's widely accepted, the fact that the roses' petit souers will ascend to their spot, and in turn their petit souers will do the same in two years is still an unofficial, albeit pretty reasonable, course of events. Just as a regular second year can run (Shizuka), a regular first year should probably be allowed to as well (though a second year has a better chance of winning than your average first year does...).

As for the story ending at Sachiko's graduation, well I also think that's very possible.

However, I think a lot of people are becoming more involved with Yumi's relationship with Touko right now as well (I know I am..), meaning fans probably wouldn't feel alienated from the story even if Sachiko's removed from a good part of it (because as long as Yumi's in the picture, I don't think Sachiko will ever totally be gone.. ). Of course, this isn't forgetting some actual souer interaction between Yoshino and Nana that I wouldn't mind seeing at all.

Though just as someone mentioned before, at the heart of Marimite really is Yumi and Sachiko's relationship, most likely. So I think it would be nice if the story could bring things around full circle and focus on those two a good deal after the Yumi/Touko thing is finished. And that would probably happen sometime before the fact that Sachiko spends so little time in Yumi's life now that she (and the readers) begins to feel too distanced from her.

So while the story could still go on after Sachiko's graduation, there's a good chance that it may not go on for much longer..

...or maybe it can. Maybe Sachiko can get hit by a car and a whole new chain of events could stem from that. Who knows.
Old 2006-09-04, 05:28   Link #23
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Well, Sachiko is going to Lillian University, so if the series does go on after her graduation I imagine we'll see her at least as much as we still see Sei, if not more.
Old 2006-10-10, 18:19   Link #24
lordwu

In the latest volume, Yumi's soeur issue is still not solved. We did get to know more about Touko from the prospectives of Noriko, Sachiko and Touko herself. This volume ended in a way similar to "Rainy Blue". However, this time it's Touko in despair, crouching in the school yard, counting numbers from 1 to 100 with eyes closed, hoping she could be saved miraculously before she counts to one hundred...

Somebody did show up at the very end, just like Sei did in "Rainy Blue". The next volume would be on the Valentine day Treasure Hunting event. We will probably see the conclusion of Yumi and Touko in this volume. I can't bear any more suspension along this storyline. "Rainy Blue" arc was bad enough but this one spans across several volumes already.
Old 2006-10-10, 20:58   Link #25
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
When is the next novel coming out?
Old 2006-10-10, 23:00   Link #26
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
The latest novel just came out few days ago. It's very likely that the next volume will be released around Valentine day next year.
Old 2006-10-16, 07:11   Link #27
Akai Hikari
ロサ・テスタ

Just gotta say this has been what all Touko fans have been waiting for.
Finally we get to see what the issues are behind her actions. But I'm glad it ended on a positive note, else it would've been a pretty depressing couple of months till the next volume.
As Oyuki-sensei mentions, it's the first time in the series a whole volume has gone without a chapter written from Yumi's perspective. Shimako's line about the upcoming valentine's event will surely be quoted everywhere
Though I have to say I really liked Kashiwagi this volume. He just keeps getting better and better.

While not everyone is completely satisfied with the developments of the last few volumes, Ookina Tobira Chiisana Kagi was really well written. Awesome.
Old 2006-10-17, 12:33   Link #28
BettiePage

any chance for a summary?

any chance you can do a quick summary... simple bullet points of the main events would be nice.
Old 2006-11-29, 10:55   Link #29
Akai Hikari
ロサ・テスタ

Damn I forgot all about this.
I haven't had much time to re-read Ookina Tobira, but I'll try and post some stuff about it when I get the chance.

Info on the next volume has been out for a while too.
Maria-sama ga Miteru - Criss Cross. To be released December 22.
"It's Valentine's Day at Lillian High. Chocolates are being given everywhere at school. Yumi gives her chocolates to Sachiko, but things don't go smoothly for Yoshino as Rei is busy preparing for her exams. A treasure hunt game is to be conducted again this year, with Touko to enter as well..."

Maybe finally? I better not jinx it...
Old 2006-12-29, 10:52   Link #30
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Any news on the latest novel?
Old 2006-12-29, 18:19   Link #31
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Any news on the latest novel?
Yeah, I wonder the same. Wan to know if some of the issue were resolve.
Old 2007-01-05, 22:07   Link #32
Akai Hikari
ロサ・テスタ

Sorry I've been superslack recently. orz

Some of you may have heard already but I'll give you what happened at the end of Criss-Cross for now.

Warning, major spoilers:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Akai Hikari; 2007-01-08 at 03:21.
Old 2007-01-06, 00:54   Link #33
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Woot. Thanks. My Japanese is good enough to read trashy manga, but I've never had much luck reading the MariMite novels. Guess I needs to learn me some more o' dem kanjeees.
Old 2007-02-16, 09:07   Link #34
Orm_Irian

Why do I have the feeling that:
Spoiler:

Old 2007-02-27, 18:36   Link #35
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orm_Irian View Post
Why do I have the feeling that:
Spoiler:
...well, that would be a strange (albeit interesting) chain of events.

The next volume will be released on the 30th of March, and is titled Anata wo Sagashi ni...
Spoiler:

Last edited by mintyfresh; 2007-02-27 at 19:10.
Old 2007-02-27, 19:06   Link #36
mintyfresh
Altoid

whoops, ignore this, plz.
(lol me.)

Last edited by mintyfresh; 2007-02-27 at 19:12. Reason: lol double post.
Old 2007-02-28, 13:55   Link #37
Orm_Irian

Thank you, thank you a lot.
Old 2007-05-07, 14:40   Link #38
BettiePage

Can we get an update for the latest novel?

Any updates to the latest novel on what is happening?
Old 2007-05-07, 15:41   Link #39
Ronja
making the flowers grow;)

I second that.
Old 2007-08-09, 10:21   Link #40
3ll3s0r
So In-love with Sachiko

pretty pls update this.
Closed Thread