AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 9 13.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 47.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 28.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-05-08, 04:21   Link #41
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Judging from the episode descriptions of 7-10, it looks like Urutoriy and Kamiw will appear in
Spoiler:
and Karura will show up in
Spoiler:
zalas is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 05:40   Link #42
bento-cube
Lunchbox? Mmm.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I bow before thy infinite wisdom. (And no, it's not a wisecrack. :P )
bento-cube is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 06:29   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Post My Rating...

I Rated the ep as Excellent... because of the fight scenes and the good political development... that and all the Eruruu moments just made it a winner although I hope Eruruu hasn't been assigned to the comedy department for the rest of the series... that would be a BIG NoNo

As for Aruruu... I did warn you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII (ep1 discussion)
...anyway seeing the op Aruruu (shy sister) probably ends up kicking some major villain ass...

Other Good points in the episode :
  • Oboro acting like a spoiled soldier brat...
  • Yuzuha acting like a spoiled brat...
  • Hakuoro, Oboro and the twins loosing... I know it isn't a good thing... but story wise its smarter then having them retreat or any of the other crap...
____________ End of Rating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
I am talking about the first girl with wings we see in the intro (black wings, gray/blue hair)

Been wanting to see her since the show started
Seconded...

*thinking of the time skip theory*
I think the cat just grows fast... there's no way Emperor-fatass waited 3 years... or even 6 months so that Hakuoro can build up the fortress... as far as I'm concern the episode takes place 1-2 weeks (max) after the previous one...
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 06:39   Link #44
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Best thing about this episode: Eruruu's facial expressions.

Decent episode in that nothing noticeably bad happened. If there's one problem I had with it, it's that Nuwangi's promotion was a bit difficult to swallow given that he ran from the last battle like a coward and has, to date, hardly shown what can be considered great warrior abilities. I did find it a bit over convenient that Hakuoro's decided to shut up about his internal moral battles, but I suppose it's something that could easily become very repetitive very quickly, so I can see why they decided to spare the audience from it as quickly as they could. And, also he has to begin showing externally he's a strong leader, etc etc etc.
Sorrow-K is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 07:05   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Best thing about this episode: Eruruu's facial expressions.

Decent episode in that nothing noticeably bad happened. If there's one problem I had with it, it's that Nuwangi's promotion was a bit difficult to swallow given that he ran from the last battle like a coward and has, to date, hardly shown what can be considered great warrior abilities.
Same here... next thing you know they might show how he is an unstoppable 1 man army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I did find it a bit over convenient that Hakuoro's decided to shut up about his internal moral battles, but I suppose it's something that could easily become very repetitive very quickly, so I can see why they decided to spare the audience from it as quickly as they could. And, also he has to begin showing externally he's a strong leader, etc etc etc.
I think it was a brilliant move ... just means nobody can complain about An-chan lack of morals... and now we can get back to the killing business...

One of the reasons I like An-chan is his solid personality ... for the time being I think it's better if he's just sticks with that and leaves character development for the other characters... since I'm sure we're going to have some 100% Hakuoro development episodes ... eventually
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 07:30   Link #46
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
If there's one problem I had with it, it's that Nuwangi's promotion was a bit difficult to swallow given that he ran from the last battle like a coward and has, to date, hardly shown what can be considered great warrior abilities.
History is full of examples of leaders appointing subordinates based on loyalty rather than ability.

Not to mention, Nuwangi's verison of events probably differs greatly from what actually happened. In his story, Nuwangi likely cast himself as the hero, bravely fighting against hopeless odds, until finally captured, but he still managed to escape at the first opportunity to report the attack.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 07:55   Link #47
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Best thing about this episode: Eruruu's facial expressions.

Decent episode in that nothing noticeably bad happened. If there's one problem I had with it, it's that Nuwangi's promotion was a bit difficult to swallow given that he ran from the last battle like a coward and has, to date, hardly shown what can be considered great warrior abilities.
Don't forget. He is the ruler's nephew. Family ties are often more important than ability.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 10:05   Link #48
itzfurrball
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Israel
Age: 36
Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
oh boy... this is just getting better and better, doesn't it?

Spoiler:
itzfurrball is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 12:59   Link #49
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
History is full of examples of leaders appointing subordinates based on loyalty rather than ability.

Not to mention, Nuwangi's verison of events probably differs greatly from what actually happened. In his story, Nuwangi likely cast himself as the hero, bravely fighting against hopeless odds, until finally captured, but he still managed to escape at the first opportunity to report the attack.
That first line of your post invoked *coffeespew* and had me laughing out loud.

And you are probably completely correct... I'd probably say Nuwangi added that men who escaped with him sacrificed themselves to permit Nuwangi to reach safety with the important news.

I'm sure the general is spending most of his time rolling his eyes but shutting up because Nuwangi is "family" to the ruler.
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 15:17   Link #50
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
History is full of examples of leaders appointing subordinates based on loyalty rather than ability.

Not to mention, Nuwangi's verison of events probably differs greatly from what actually happened. In his story, Nuwangi likely cast himself as the hero, bravely fighting against hopeless odds, until finally captured, but he still managed to escape at the first opportunity to report the attack.
Well, unlike the anime, for that scene, the game has Nuwangi
Spoiler:


Furthermore, I'm pretty sure Nuwangi was picked out of nepotism and also his personality (notice how he's willing to burn a village to the ground?). Benawi is the one probably picked for his ability and still hangs around because of his loyalty.
zalas is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 15:40   Link #51
Furudanuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of denial
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
History is full of examples of leaders appointing subordinates based on loyalty rather than ability.

Not to mention, Nuwangi's verison of events probably differs greatly from what actually happened. In his story, Nuwangi likely cast himself as the hero, bravely fighting against hopeless odds, until finally captured, but he still managed to escape at the first opportunity to report the attack.
Very true. And there is the nepotism factor, as PastPrime mentioned. One other thing is that in addition to being able to give his version of events to the emperor, Nuwangi could also report quite truthfully that, unlike himself, Benawi was not there to defend Sasante when the rebels broke through the last line of defense. This probably would not earn Benawi a lot of brownie points with the emperor.
__________________
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 17:16   Link #52
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Don't forget. He is the ruler's nephew. Family ties are often more important than ability.
I forgot about that little detail as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Benawi is the one probably picked for his ability and still hangs around because of his loyalty.
Of course Benawi was picked for abilty, but that's probably the exception rather than the rule... Though having not played the game, I couldn't say with absolute certainty.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 19:52   Link #53
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i had to give this one a 10 just for fact that Eruruu is the cutest thing ever her facial expression are just too much espcially when she huggs and calls huroko(dont know if i spelled it right) daddy.

So here the question what do you do when your winning a fight and out of the blue a cute little pissed off girl shows up on the back of a big ass white tiget and says dont touch my daddy! then proceeds to point to you and say daddys enemy. hummmmmm i think you run away as fast you can maybe tripping the guy next to you so the tiger will slow down enough to eat him and you get away.

Oboro i keep having high hopes for him since his fighting style is pretty cool but he keeps just being a winny little bitch hopfully he grows up a little. He way to emotional and impulsive in a fight he leaps first and thinks later so before he becomes another Naruto i want him to step it up. He has great speed and agility against normal soldiers he would not have a hard time winning unless numbers were too great. But against a harded highly trained warrior he will lose everytime. The way i see it is this why would you show your hand in poker same thing on the battlefield.


Did Aruruu seem like she was acting kind of like a wife when Eruruu was being scoled and Haruko went easy on her?
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 20:36   Link #54
Furudanuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of denial
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
i had to give this one a 10 just for fact that Eruruu is the cutest thing ever her facial expression are just too much espcially when she huggs and calls huroko(dont know if i spelled it right) daddy.

So here the question what do you do when your winning a fight and out of the blue a cute little pissed off girl shows up on the back of a big ass white tiget and says dont touch my daddy! then proceeds to point to you and say daddys enemy. hummmmmm i think you run away as fast you can maybe tripping the guy next to you so the tiger will slow down enough to eat him and you get away.

Oboro i keep having high hopes for him since his fighting style is pretty cool but he keeps just being a winny little bitch hopfully he grows up a little. He way to emotional and impulsive in a fight he leaps first and thinks later so before he becomes another Naruto i want him to step it up. He has great speed and agility against normal soldiers he would not have a hard time winning unless numbers were too great. But against a harded highly trained warrior he will lose everytime. The way i see it is this why would you show your hand in poker same thing on the battlefield.

Did Aruruu seem like she was acting kind of like a wife when Eruruu was being scoled and Haruko went easy on her?
I think you have Eruruu and Aruruu switched around here, but I agree with your observations.
And regarding Oboro - I don't know about the other hybrids, but I think Oboro must have some Kzin in his genetic mix: his main attack style consists of scream and leap, and he usually attacks too soon, before he has properly assessed the situation. I foresee many butt-kickings in his future unless he matures pretty soon.
__________________
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Furudanuki is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 22:27   Link #55
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
oh ho ho ho! Don't you dare try to bring "Kzin" into this!
It's "kitsune" I tell you! kitsune! pure-bred human foxiness!

__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2006-05-08, 22:29   Link #56
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Great episode to a series that has been excellent so far... The characters are interesting and there is plenty of room for expansion... Still interested in Hakuoro's background. I thought it was cool how the mutikapa (forget his given name) has become an ally to the village. I am also wondering how Nuwangi will react to being demoted...
ChainLegacy is offline  
Old 2006-05-09, 01:47   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
For some reason, I keep thinking of the Skywalker family when I see Oboro... multiple generations of whining pouty kids with toys too big for them to handle.

I just kind of hope Hakuoro starts seeing Eruruu as "companion" material .... he seems to have placed her in limbo as to her status with him.... granted there's a lot going on, but that scene after taking care of Sasante with her should have clinched it in my book. (yeah, yeah, I'm getting repetitive ... but I'm more interested in them than in who smacks who with what stick )
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2006-05-09, 03:19   Link #58
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I just kind of hope Hakuoro starts seeing Eruruu as "companion" material .... he seems to have placed her in limbo as to her status with him.... granted there's a lot going on, but that scene after taking care of Sasante with her should have clinched it in my book. (yeah, yeah, I'm getting repetitive ... but I'm more interested in them than in who smacks who with what stick )
Well, we already know that Nuwangi wanted to smack Eruruu with his stick. But the Hakuoro / Eruruu thing seems to be not moving anywhere fast at this point. ...probably the battle worries and the like, providing no time to really do anything. Which, when/should the battles step up, probably not when the stick falls, but the path the stick falls at. ...that in assumption that these battles may bring great changes.
Green² is offline  
Old 2006-05-09, 18:37   Link #59
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
I think you have Eruruu and Aruruu switched around here, but I agree with your observations.
And regarding Oboro - I don't know about the other hybrids, but I think Oboro must have some Kzin in his genetic mix: his main attack style consists of scream and leap, and he usually attacks too soon, before he has properly assessed the situation. I foresee many butt-kickings in his future unless he matures pretty soon.
Thaks for that i did mix them up but i agree with you about Oboro i see him getting his ass handed to him many times before he wises up. I think he has potential as a charcter, but as you said his main attack is that leap to use that move on someone wielding a spear, lance or any polearm weapon is a bad idea i think he needs to use his speed and agility move and go for the quick strikes tireing his opponent out and wait for an opening
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2006-05-10, 08:33   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
I'm a lil' bit late watching this episode.. though it was something i was looking forward to out of all the shows i'm watching.

I'm happy that we got a lot more Aruruu screentime.. she really needed it, and to show of her feelings towards 'Daddy'. As for Mukuru - i'm pretty happy she's on there side. ^^;

Looks like we got to see a lil' bit of Benawi skills, and judging from the ending you get the feeling that he'll become a good guy later down the line.. though if that happens for me he'll lose the 'i'm cool 'cause i'm not so evil' look, still he's a great character.

And just for fun, Eruruu was darn right cute in this episode. ^^;
__________________

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-05-10 at 09:01.
Shiroth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.