AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-26, 03:50   Link #81
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
I do hope my avatar tell some gal's on this forum about I'm preferred Short cut hairstyle than long-haired one

Btw.
Quote:
Do people's avatars influence your perception of them?
Yes, if someone use Avatar from >insert some anime title's here< he must be a fans of that title then.

lol sorry just can't help to state the obvious.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 05:16   Link #82
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Yes, if someone use Avatar from >insert some anime title's here< he must be a fans of that title then.

lol sorry just can't help to state the obvious.
I just remembered......

Back a few years ago when I found a very nice set of chibi images and decided to make a set of avies out of them; Didn't have a clue about the characters but decided to use them regardless.

It wasn't until sometime later that I learned about Clannad.

Following on this, there is also the case of people simply picking random (often originals) images they found on the net to use as avies.

So yeah, the obvious can sometimes be misleading.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 05:24   Link #83
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I just remembered......

Back a few years ago when I found a very nice set of chibi images and decided to make a set of avies out of them; Didn't have a clue about the characters but decided to use them regardless.

It wasn't until sometime later that I learned about Clannad.

Following on this, there is also the case of people simply picking random (often originals) images they found on the net to use as avies.

So yeah, the obvious can sometimes be misleading.
I had no idea who the girl in my last avatar was, I just liked how it looked when I was browsing through The Chaos's thread. I had a few people message me asking who she was, and some people who just thought I was a fan of whatever band the girl was from.(I'm still not sure who she was )
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:26   Link #84
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
I do hope my avatar tell some gal's on this forum about I'm preferred Short cut hairstyle than long-haired one

Btw.

Yes, if someone use Avatar from >insert some anime title's here< he must be a fans of that title then.

lol sorry just can't help to state the obvious.
Not necessarily... it could just be an interesting pic. I mean, I own a couple of figures of characters from series that I loathed. The characters look interesting - the series I keep far away from.

So are you saying *you* have a short hairstyle or that you prefer girls with a short hairstyle?
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:30   Link #85
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
*beep*

They are not called avatars for nothing.

*beep*
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:36   Link #86
BellaD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Guess??
There are times when a person sticks to one character and you just assume they are in love with the series, then there are people that do it for coolness purposes or simply for the sake of change.
You really can't form an opinion based on avy's.....
__________________
She wants your aid--she honours you
With a distinguished call.
Stand forth to be the friend of her
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:45   Link #87
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Listening to "Aishiteru Banzai!" on repeat
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I just remembered......

Back a few years ago when I found a very nice set of chibi images and decided to make a set of avies out of them; Didn't have a clue about the characters but decided to use them regardless.

It wasn't until sometime later that I learned about Clannad.

Following on this, there is also the case of people simply picking random (often originals) images they found on the net to use as avies.

So yeah, the obvious can sometimes be misleading.
Hah, I'd always wondered if that was the reason why this avatar I'm using is listed as "Unknown".

I've never had anyone assume I was a girl based on my avatars on this forum, but contrary to some of the experiences others have posted, everyone always assumes I am a girl when I play a female character in a multiplayer game. In fact I think pretty much everyone in my guild in Fantasy Earth Zero thinks I'm female despite me saying otherwise several times...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:46   Link #88
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not necessarily... it could just be an interesting pic. I mean, I own a couple of figures of characters from series that I loathed. The characters look interesting - the series I keep far away from.
haha, yeah overlooks that viewpoint... now I remembered the old times when I use random pics as avatar

But still can tell you this person like something cute, etc

Quote:
So are you saying *you* have a short hairstyle or that you prefer girls with a short hairstyle?
Both

I'm always think have a long hair only distract people to see our face somewhat more fresh and shinier
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:53   Link #89
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Yeah, because people use avatars to express themselves. At least a little, right?
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:01   Link #90
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I like beautiful women as my avatars. It doesn't mean I'm a beautiful woman. But boy do I wish sometimes :'p
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:08   Link #91
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Well, you can tell where they stand on certain subject matters. I mean, if I hated Obama, I wouldn't have an Obama avatar. (example only etc.)
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:15   Link #92
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Oh you are taking me far too seriously. I'm saying if I like something I'll use it as an avatar. If I like or aspire towards it, I'll use it as an avatar.

...Though beautiful women are excellent avatars. But I think people are more liable to pay attntion to a signature rather then the avatar, considering it's easier and most likely to be seen before the avatar (unless of course you are looking for avatar or have good peripheral vision.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 14:38   Link #93
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Yeah, because people use avatars to express themselves. At least a little, right?
Damn rite

Btw talk about recognizing gender from avatars, these days you will have more chance to guess it rights if you guess from the opposite of what you see

Male tends to use women figures avatars and vice versa. Yeah its dumb to think like that, but nah...
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 17:03   Link #94
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Well, you can deduce certain things about a person from their avatar. Like, if they have big-breasted women with bouncing breast gif animations, you kind of assume that they like ecchi stuff.

Mind, for some reason these avatars annoy me so I always block them with Adblock+. No offense to the owners of such avatars -- I was just "personalizing" the site. Moreover I'm pretty sure my opinion of these users are not affected in any way because of that.

There are also troll avatars which as Vexx said earlier sadly enough correlate very highly with troll behaviors. However since it's a one way street, both trolls and sometimes non-trolls choose trolls avatars from time to time, I don't start judging until I read their posts.

So it is really difficult to judge anyone based on their avatars. Too many variables and exceptions. Better just to not care.


Besides, what do people think when they look at mine? Do they think I'm a stylish, moustache'd, full-blooded South Asian man with an attitude? I hope not!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 21:12   Link #95
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I am pretty sly, aren't I? If I were to judge you by your avatar, I would say that you (Komari) are the kind of person who enjoys laughing, sometimes to the point were people around you get the impression that you are maniacal. Is that an accurate description of you?
Yes, I do laugh a lot. Sometimes at the wrong times. I'm probably seen as more hyper/weird than maniacal, though.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 21:23   Link #96
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Yeah, because people use avatars to express themselves. At least a little, right?
I think of an avatar less of expressing myself and more of just showing something I happen to like. For example, I like Black Lagoon and I like yuri/shoujoai, so my current avatar has both. It's not so much me expressing myself as it is me showing my interests.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 22:30   Link #97
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
I think my current avatar fits my personality and username pretty well.

That is, ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!

*insert maniacal laughter here*
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 22:34   Link #98
yoropa
Director
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I'm curious if mine has any affect on people. Really I just imagine that whatever face I see as the avatar is the person unless I have sufficient evidence otherwise, in which case I just see the genderbent version of their avatar as them.
__________________
I question, and get an answer. I question the answer, and get anger. I question the anger, but nothing more is left.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 22:56   Link #99
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Oh you are taking me far too seriously. I'm saying if I like something I'll use it as an avatar. If I like or aspire towards it, I'll use it as an avatar.

...Though beautiful women are excellent avatars. But I think people are more liable to pay attntion to a signature rather then the avatar, considering it's easier and most likely to be seen before the avatar (unless of course you are looking for avatar or have good peripheral vision.)
Probably username+avatar+signature+what your posts say.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I think of an avatar less of expressing myself and more of just showing something I happen to like. For example, I like Black Lagoon and I like yuri/shoujoai, so my current avatar has both. It's not so much me expressing myself as it is me showing my interests.
That's part of expressing yourself, I think. Declaring your likes or otherwise is a form of expression. So we are in agreement.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 23:08   Link #100
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
I'm curious if mine has any affect on people. Really I just imagine that whatever face I see as the avatar is the person unless I have sufficient evidence otherwise, in which case I just see the genderbent version of their avatar as them.
you liek pokemans. i c it
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.