AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-06, 13:26   Link #1441
Orophin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
That's actually one of the most difficult questions to answer. Keiichi, Mion, and Rena are roughly the same age, with Keiichi 1 year younger. Rika and Satoko are supposedly 1 year younger than Keiichi. Unfortunately, the charcter designs are difficult to peg an age for.
Actually, Rena is the one who is a year younger. As for Rika and Satoko, I don't know where you got that info from since they are much younger than that. The only info we have on those two is that they have the same age and that Satoko was 9 years old at most back in 1981. In other words, they can't be older than 11 in 1983.

Also, it is mentioned in the Sound Novel that this is Mion's last year at Hinamizawa's school. Now, I think it's safe to assume that she's going to high school after that, and since you normally start high school at 16, Mion should be 15 during the story.

So here's my guess on their ages based on what I know:
Mion: 15
Keiichi: 15
Rena: 14
Rika: 10-11
Satoko: 10-11

Last edited by Orophin; 2010-01-06 at 15:30. Reason: Additional information
Orophin is offline  
Old 2010-01-06, 21:13   Link #1442
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Didn't Keiichi say that he was the same age as Rena and Mion was a year older?
__________________
Meow meow nano desu~ Nipah~
ChibiBear is offline  
Old 2010-01-06, 21:17   Link #1443
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
Didn't Keiichi say that he was the same age as Rena and Mion was a year older?
I believe he said that Mion was a grade ahead of him, not older than him.

Which would mean Mion's already at a high school level no?


Gotta say though that based on the facts, all the characters are younger than what I originally thought. o.o
__________________
SilverSyko is offline  
Old 2010-01-06, 23:33   Link #1444
Orophin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
Didn't Keiichi say that he was the same age as Rena and Mion was a year older?
Keiichi and Rena are in the same grade. However, since Keiichi was born in April, he's already the same age as Mion even though she's a grade ahead of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Which would mean Mion's already at a high school level no?
Like I said, she'll need to change school the year after so either it's her last year of middle school or her last year of high school. I think that the former is more likely. By the way, the education system in Japan is a little different from the one in America.
Orophin is offline  
Old 2010-01-08, 01:10   Link #1445
DKN117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whittier, Southern CA
Age: 25
Been listening to my tunes lately. Band: Disturbed. Album: Indestructible. And I noticed something.

Is it just me, or do the lyrics to "The Curse" seem to possibly fit Rika and/or her situation quite well?
DKN117 is offline  
Old 2010-01-08, 01:12   Link #1446
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where dimensions collide...
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Been listening to my tunes lately. Band: Disturbed. Album: Indestructible. And I noticed something.

Is it just me, or do the lyrics to "The Curse" seem to possibly fit Rika and/or her situation quite well?

They bear vague resemblance, but there are better songs for just about everything in Higurashi.
__________________
I'm not afraid of tomorrowI'm only scared of myself
Dante of the Inferno is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 07:12   Link #1447
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Question: was there anything in the original SN that implicated (or triggered fanboys to create ) the "yuri loli" of Rika x Satoko and the twincest of (obviously) MionxShion........ or was it all DEEN's fanservice?
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 07:31   Link #1448
KOapps
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to KOapps
Well, I haven't played the SN yet.
However I don't think so cause DEEN always do this. See Umineko, it's almost the same, they put a lot of fanservice in their scans and probably in the not too distant future we might get some ShannonxJessica or whatsoever yuri pictures...

But I guess they got some inspiration from those maid outfits for several of their scans.

Last edited by KOapps; 2010-01-10 at 10:32.
KOapps is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 07:32   Link #1449
arbol
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Wataganashi-hen:

Is Mion or Shion the villian? It was told first that it's Mion because of her feelings for Keiichi, then in Maekashi-hen they revealed that the villian was Shion because she lost Satoshi, right?

so, in the last answer arcs Keiichi evaded this fate by giving the doll to Mion instead of giving it to Rena. If Shion is the murderer, this wouldnt have changed anything, would it?
arbol is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 10:14   Link #1450
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ベトナム
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK Send a message via Skype™ to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Question: was there anything in the original SN that implicated (or triggered fanboys to create ) the "yuri loli" of Rika x Satoko and the twincest of (obviously) MionxShion........ or was it all DEEN's fanservice?
Just played Watanagashi...
Yeah, there're something like this scene in original SN
__________________

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 13:17   Link #1451
~Pyro~
Dimension Drifter
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Roads Between Worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbol View Post
Wataganashi-hen:

Is Mion or Shion the villian? It was told first that it's Mion because of her feelings for Keiichi, then in Maekashi-hen they revealed that the villian was Shion because she lost Satoshi, right?

so, in the last answer arcs Keiichi evaded this fate by giving the doll to Mion instead of giving it to Rena. If Shion is the murderer, this wouldnt have changed anything, would it?
Mion told Shion about how K1 gave the doll to Rena and it made her sad. This triggered Shion's rage and the such.
Spoiler for Last Arc:
__________________

"Men make gods. The mind of Man is so powerful that it can make "real" anything it desperately needs to be real"
~Bowgentle, The Quest for Tanelorn, Michael Moorcock
~Pyro~ is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 15:26   Link #1452
arbol
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Shion is sad because Keiichi didn't give the doll to Mion? In the Scenes before (first episode) they were like enemys and shion did everything to "steal" keiichi from Mion (sry, my english xD). Also Keiichi told her that she is the female part of the twins (short before its revealed that they are really twins).

I think thats a really bad reason, even if u stand under influence of a curse .
but thx for the help
arbol is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 15:35   Link #1453
Goat-Kun
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbol View Post
Shion is sad because Keiichi didn't give the doll to Mion? In the Scenes before (first episode) they were like enemys and shion did everything to "steal" keiichi from Mion (sry, my english xD). Also Keiichi told her that she is the female part of the twins (short before its revealed that they are really twins).

I think thats a really bad reason, even if u stand under influence of a curse .
but thx for the help
She's pissed because Mion actually HAS a boy she can like. But poor Satoshi was "Demoned Away" by who she believes is the Sonozaki family. She just snapped because Mion began whining about not being able to be loved by Keiichi.
Goat-Kun is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 15:57   Link #1454
arbol
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
ok... so she was depressed because she lost satoshi and hated the sonozakis for it.
sry but i didnt understand how the fact, that mion is sad because she cannot be loved ba keiichi, makes her getting more hate for mion?

mion doesnt get the doll and is sad that keiichi doesnt love her. shouldnt that alleviate her aggressions? mion somehow shares her fate now.


another question:

i already played the demo-version of the soundnovel, which contains the first arc.
I thought that in these soundnovel you would be able to have choices how keiichi acts. In this demo-version the only choice i had whether to see or not to see the TIPS.
Is that because its only a demo, so i can affect the story in the full version?
arbol is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 16:00   Link #1455
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbol View Post
i already played the demo-version of the soundnovel, which contains the first arc.
I thought that in these soundnovel you would be able to have choices how keiichi acts. In this demo-version the only choice i had whether to see or not to see the TIPS.
Is that because its only a demo, so i can affect the story in the full version?
Nope, When They Cry is a read-only series.

It's probably the closest you can come to an actual novel on the terms of SN's and VN's.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline  
Old 2010-01-10, 19:10   Link #1456
XGeneral2000
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbol View Post
ok... so she was depressed because she lost satoshi and hated the sonozakis for it.
sry but i didnt understand how the fact, that mion is sad because she cannot be loved ba keiichi, makes her getting more hate for mion?

mion doesnt get the doll and is sad that keiichi doesnt love her. shouldnt that alleviate her aggressions? mion somehow shares her fate now.
Spoiler for Watanagashi + Meakashi, and some background behind Shion/Mion:
XGeneral2000 is offline  
Old 2010-01-12, 20:59   Link #1457
Ryuugu-chan
.....?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebattler View Post
Well I am new to Higurashi so didn't read all of the thread because it might contain untagged spoilers but I wish to know the age of the characters because its seriously bugging me lately
I don't know how this was confirmed, but in the anime at least, from what I've heard Rena is fifteen (her birthday is in July, right? So that makes her sixteen in Rei). That makes Keiichi sixteen and the twins plus Satoshi seventeen. Rika and Satoko are 9 - 11..

This isn't really a question but..

Spoiler:


Edit:

When was it first noted that Hanyuu liked sweet things, specifically cream puffs? A lot of media have shown her having an obsession with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Nope, When They Cry is a read-only series.
Don't you chose certain things in Matsuri, and probably the DS ones, that push you into certain arcs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
.....People keep on saying this. To me, his eyes look purple in his original sprites too 0_o . http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1185 Am... am I crazy?
They look purple to me too, a very dull shade but still purple. However it's hard to tell with the original sprites. But with the remakes, Daybreak, and every other non-anime based Higurashi Keiichi I've seen he has blue eyes..Such as the manga.
__________________

Last edited by Ryuugu-chan; 2010-01-12 at 21:27.
Ryuugu-chan is offline  
Old 2010-01-14, 03:13   Link #1458
Archon_Wing
Hah, hah, gg
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Eating Donuts
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Umm, does Rika's mom have a name? I can't find it anywhere for some reason and can't remember it being mentioned anywhere.
__________________
Dedicated to the conservation of anime noses.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now  
Old 2010-01-14, 04:03   Link #1459
Redtg7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I would prefer not to read through 73 pages for the answer so sorry if it's already been asked, but my question is, what is the Oyashiro-sama religion. I know the basic facts but what I'm curious about is if there's anything that's hidden or could be guessed at about it. What little they tell us doesn't give much info to it. If we knew more on it, it could tell us even more on how the characters' minds work.
Redtg7 is offline  
Old 2010-01-14, 17:20   Link #1460
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post

This isn't really a question but..

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Answer:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post

Edit:

When was it first noted that Hanyuu liked sweet things, specifically cream puffs? A lot of media have shown her having an obsession with them.
Higurashi Kai. Matsuribayashi-hen (Episode 19 of Higurashi Kai anime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post

Don't you chose certain things in Matsuri, and probably the DS ones, that push you into certain arcs?
Yup. This was a change made by Alchemist in the remakes to add a sense of interaction and replayability.

Also, Rika's mom has not been given a name. You will not find it, since she was never given an official name.
__________________
Uzume Tennouboshi / Orange Heart (Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II)
"Make sure you do a good job with your life's blueprint." - Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.