AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-09-04, 14:23   Link #221
GundamZZ
残念美人

It seems many people like to use Aruru as the cannon fodder. Is there any other character who can sustain large damage?

By the way, isn't Mutsumi just like Aruru and Mikoto as Eruru?
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 14:26   Link #222
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ
It seems many people like to use Aruru as the cannon fodder. Is there any other character who can sustain large damage?
Haven't played the game so I wouldn't know.

Quote:
By the way, isn't Mutsumi just like Aruru and Mikoto as Eruru?
Spoiler for BIG spoilers:

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-09-04 at 14:44.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:10   Link #223
GundamZZ
残念美人

The relationship is not like that.

Spoiler for ultimate spoiler:
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 17:40   Link #224
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I'm so late! >.> But here it is: the map of the Utawarerumono world.

Last edited by Zaris; 2006-09-04 at 18:06.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 10:01   Link #225

Anyone's got any idea the difference between the original CD version and the later DVD version? All I can find is that the latter has multiple difficulty levels. What about expanded story, additional characters, etc.?

<offtopic>
This is the first eroge I've played since, hmm, six or seven years ago, yet the basic format hasn't changed all that much. Of course, some think that video games really hasn't changed much other than improved graphics, but we don't even have that! Still 640x480 flat static images (okay, there's an improvement from 256 colors to "millions" of colors), plus click, click, click, ... Now I think about it, Uta is actually a step back. IIRC in the eroge I played, the characters actually blink.

Nevertheless, playing Utawarerumono makes me want to replay the first few games I've played, though I lost my copies long ago. Heck, I don't even really remember what they're called; I don't think they're listed in Wikipedia's list of popular eroge--guess I had bad taste.

There was this game, where you dungeon crawl mostly in 1st person. The gameplay is actually pretty clean, unless you die (I don't think I need to elaborate on how you get brought back to life).

Then there was this other one, where I think you "summon" the girl into existence for a brief period (c.f. Video Girl Ai). This one was pretty naughty, though: basically you stay home and XXX, or you go to school and XXX, that's it.

Anyone's got a clue on the names of the games I'm talking about?
</offtopic>
Old 2006-09-07, 12:46   Link #226
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
You're pretty much on the ball. The DVD version is just the CD version PLUS three new game difficulty settings and two additional HCGs.

I would imagine that companies wouldn't spend a lot of money (or have a lot of money) to spend on making hentai games because of its sexuality content. Like, you'll see improvements to Mario Kart because it's for all ages, Final Fantasy because it has a large teen/adult base population. But Utawarerumono is an adult game (or so they want it to be), so the makers don't have the big monetary support to advance in their gameplay technology as Nintendo or Capcom or SquareEnix does.

That's what I think, anyway. I'm probably very wrong!
Old 2006-09-07, 17:07   Link #227
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Spoiler for stats:

can someone please translate this? i need to know what's attack, defense, or whatever.. ^^;
Old 2006-09-07, 18:05   Link #228
Zaris
of Porsche

Here you go. =O

Spoiler for translated stats:

xs.to is being troublesome these days! >.>
Old 2006-09-07, 18:34   Link #229
Flame-X
Anti-fan

zomg thanx
Old 2006-09-10, 02:52   Link #230
Cardiac Glycoside

Funny how the entire Utawarerumono world is just a tiny portion of Japan. Very convenient. I guess the plus side here is that all the Koreans are dead.

EDIT: Or that the Americans are also dead. Actually, given the small scope of this new "world," it would make for good fanfic material if one of the nations in this "world" discovers a weird race with small ears who just happen to be Koreans.
Old 2006-09-10, 05:11   Link #231
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
Funny how the entire Utawarerumono world is just a tiny portion of Japan. Very convenient. I guess the plus side here is that all the Koreans are dead.

EDIT: Or that the Americans are also dead.
You're actually right...
Spoiler for reason why only Japan is inhabited:

Old 2006-09-10, 12:01   Link #232
Cardiac Glycoside

Still I think there is potential for fanfic material. If there were some global catastrophe and yet some small portion of the world survived, that small portion might be able to survive and reproduce and repopulate, etc.

Read Darwin, folks. This principle applies to big furry mammals as well as bacteria.

Maybe, only the countries that mattered died out. Perhaps by a freak of nature a few (for arguments' sake) Congolese survived and not only that, but built a more advanced civilization than anything our furry heroes could have imagined.

Only in my crazy imagination, I suppose.
Old 2006-09-10, 12:11   Link #233
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Oh, believe me, it's quite impossible for the other countries to have survived - and there were survivors all around the planet when the scientist awoke as Iceman. But something else happened - or more precisely, someone butted in and made it so that they all died.
Spoiler for that 'someone's' description:

With him coming in the picture, there was no chance for them to survive.
Spoiler:

Old 2006-09-17, 10:11   Link #234
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
A few Questions about Mutsumi:

Spoiler:

And someting complete different. Magic in the Uta...mono World is quiet different too other Fantasy Animes. Are ther the standart Fantasy Spells like Fireballs, or Lightning Bolts in the Game?
Old 2006-09-17, 11:14   Link #235
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Mutsumi's past:

Quote:
And someting complete different. Magic in the Uta...mono World is quiet different too other Fantasy Animes. Are ther the standart Fantasy Spells like Fireballs, or Lightning Bolts in the Game?
I don't know much about the game but I think it has things like that - at least there are spells for the Onkamiyaryuu like Mutsumi, Urutorii and Kamyuu. And there are finishing moves, too. Someone who's played the game can actually provide a better answer than me.

Old 2006-09-17, 13:18   Link #236
KBTKaiser

Fire, Earth, and Darkness for Kamyu.
Water, Wind, and Light for Urutorii.

the primary elements are as fantasy like as you get. Light and Darkness are just concentrated beams of their respective elements.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 13:38   Link #237
Zaris
of Porsche

The awsome thing about the PS2 version is that, what I assume is the new gear function, you can alter a character's respective element. I saw a screenshot of Eruruu with water element. O_o

I mix water and lightning up a lot. -.-
Old 2006-09-20, 04:08   Link #238
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Thanks a lot

Another Question:
Whats up with this?

Have this thin a meaning, or ist it juste some really weird Accessoire?
Old 2006-09-20, 10:25   Link #239
Zaris
of Porsche

The arm bracelet? That's just an ornament that comes with her clothing. No hidden meaning that I'm aware of. It's like asking why Touka wears her hair up. Personal fashion. = o
Old 2006-09-23, 12:03   Link #240
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Thank you
I was thinking that was some sort of Power Limiter or anything like that