AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-11-02, 21:25   Link #261
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Just wondering, would this be the Limited Version on the PS2?
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004458574/
The image doesnt really look like a PS2 game ><
Cause the normal PS2 one looks like a PS2 game.
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004457460/
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 22:10   Link #262
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
The former is the limited version, yes (pricy too). The picture is just showing some of the added features to it. Those look like they're from art books, displaying concept art and so forth.

$94.49 get it now while you can! (JP PS2 ONLY)
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 13:05   Link #263
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
so i'm at least hoping we'll be getting all those goodies at the bottom of the link.

I hope~
Well, it's Friday and, good timing, I did just receive the game in the mail today. And yes, it came with an extra box that included all the firstpress extras shown on the website: 4 postcards, a sticker sheet, large-format clear file, and I actually got 9 of those narrow posters (one more than shown on the site). The box itself also includes the 100-page "Visualworks" book, which has a lot of character designs and line art from the game. So, yes, just confirming that you should get all those goodies if you order the First Press Limited Edition. I'll try to see about posting some scans later tonight.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 13:52   Link #264
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Very good news indeed - knowing this i'll order the Limited Edition this weekend.
Old 2006-11-03, 14:55   Link #265
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it's Friday and, good timing, I did just receive the game in the mail today. And yes, it came with an extra box that included all the firstpress extras shown on the website: 4 postcards, a sticker sheet, large-format clear file, and I actually got 9 of those narrow posters (one more than shown on the site). The box itself also includes the 100-page "Visualworks" book, which has a lot of character designs and line art from the game. So, yes, just confirming that you should get all those goodies if you order the First Press Limited Edition. I'll try to see about posting some scans later tonight.
Those include the preorder goodies, which make up a good part. I don't think you'd get those if you order now, though who knows? :/
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 19:24   Link #266
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
Those include the preorder goodies, which make up a good part. I don't think you'd get those if you order now, though who knows? :/
Well, I think it's just that those who pre-ordered were guaranteed to get the first press edition, as they promised to have enough first press editions to match the number of pre-orders. So, if you order now, you're basically rolling the dice, as it depends entirely on whether the stores have any first press editions left (for example, if people cancelled their pre-orders, etc.). You have stores like Himeya still explicitly listing the First Press Limited Edition, but as you say, who knows... Could always have the store confirm before you place the order; all the first press goodies come in a separate box.

Edit: Posted scans, as promised.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-11-03 at 19:42.
Old 2006-11-03, 23:13   Link #267
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Well, I think it's just that those who pre-ordered were guaranteed to get the first press edition, as they promised to have enough first press editions to match the number of pre-orders. So, if you order now, you're basically rolling the dice, as it depends entirely on whether the stores have any first press editions left (for example, if people cancelled their pre-orders, etc.). You have stores like Himeya still explicitly listing the First Press Limited Edition, but as you say, who knows... Could always have the store confirm before you place the order; all the first press goodies come in a separate box.

Edit: Posted scans, as promised.
No, there's a difference between the first press edition and the preorder extras. The preorder extras are explicitly labeled thus, and the first press extras (the design sketch book) are clearly labeled as well. You'd only get preorder extras if you explicitly preordered it as far as I know. Now, there may be preorder extras left over from people who didn't end up picking up their preorders, or if you're really lucky, Aquaplus overmanufactured the extras and there's some lying around. Furthermore, according to the import shop I import from, and some accounts on the web, the store has to order 2 copies of the game for every set of preorder extras. It would have to sell the other copy normally. This might only apply to small-scale shops, though.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 18:07   Link #268
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
No, there's a difference between the first press edition and the preorder extras. The preorder extras are explicitly labeled thus, and the first press extras (the design sketch book) are clearly labeled as well. You'd only get preorder extras if you explicitly preordered it as far as I know. Now, there may be preorder extras left over from people who didn't end up picking up their preorders, or if you're really lucky, Aquaplus overmanufactured the extras and there's some lying around. Furthermore, according to the import shop I import from, and some accounts on the web, the store has to order 2 copies of the game for every set of preorder extras. It would have to sell the other copy normally. This might only apply to small-scale shops, though.
Well, the artbook is not a first press extra, but it's the "limited edition" bonus item. Everyone who orders the limited edition will at least get the artbook (and the over-sized box to hold it). That's what the second SKU is for. The first press limited edition has the additional extras box; whether you can only get that as a pre-order or not, I don't know. I did pre-order myself, but only a few weeks ago. But at least we both seem to agree that there's no guarantee about whether you'll get the extras or not if you order now.
Old 2006-11-04, 19:12   Link #269
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy Send a message via Skype™ to roxybudgy
I would love to buy the PS2 game, I'm even considering buyin a PS2 just so I can play it. But I heard that Japanese games won't work on PS2s sold here (Australia), and apparently modding is illegal.

My brother says wait for PS3, but there's no way I'm paying that much on a console just to play one game.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 21:52   Link #270
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybudgy View Post
I would love to buy the PS2 game, I'm even considering buyin a PS2 just so I can play it. But I heard that Japanese games won't work on PS2s sold here (Australia), and apparently modding is illegal.
You've heard correctly on both of those counts. I'm still debating how to handle it myself, actually. Even with the PS3, you'd still have the region problem for PS2 games, and at that price... yeah. It seems the most viable choices are either to import a Japanese PS2, or to resort to that illegal method. It's too bad the market isn't more open to the idea of cross-region importing (especially when we're really buying the products), but things may be slowly beginning to change on that front.
Old 2006-11-05, 12:30   Link #271
Chaosaga

I am wondering if I get all those extars. I pre-order the limited edition at play-asia. Did any-one get theirs from play-asia yet?
Chaosaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 20:54   Link #272
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

So which would be better, the First Press one or the Limited Edition one? And what comes with what?
And does anyone know a site that sells them which accepts PayPal?
Old 2006-11-05, 21:43   Link #273
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
So which would be better, the First Press one or the Limited Edition one? And what comes with what?
Sorry for all the confusion. There are two SKUs: the game itself, and the Limited Edition. The Limited Edition includes a 100-page artbook and over-sized box to hold it and the game. Those are the only two "for sure" things you can order at the moment - artbook, or no artbook. Those who pre-ordered the Limited Edition were able to get a box full of extra stuff. Stores like Himeya that claim to have the "First Press Limited Edition" would be referring to that box of extras. But unless the store assures you that you'll get the extras, you probably won't get it, as they were intended for pre-order customers. (I think what Himeya probably did was just pre-order a whole bunch in advance, even given the 2:1 thing that zalas was mentioning.) So hopefully that's clearer: artbook or no artbook, and if you get the artbook version right now, you may or may not (leaning towards "not") get the extras box containing the stuff shown at the bottom of the page on the main site.
Old 2006-11-05, 21:50   Link #274
Chaosaga

Quote:
Sorry for all the confusion. There are two SKUs: the game itself, and the Limited Edition. The Limited Edition includes a 100-page artbook and over-sized box to hold it and the game. Those are the only two "for sure" things you can order at the moment - artbook, or no artbook. Those who pre-ordered the Limited Edition were able to get a box full of extra stuff. Stores like Himeya that claim to have the "First Press Limited Edition" would be referring to that box of extras. But unless the store assures you that you'll get the extras, you probably won't get it, as they were intended for pre-order customers. (I think what Himeya probably did was just pre-order a whole bunch in advance, even given the 2:1 thing that zalas was mentioning.) So hopefully that's clearer: artbook or no artbook, and if you get the artbook version right now, you may or may not (leaning towards "not") get the extras box containing the stuff shown at the bottom of the page on the main site.
So it seems I still might the extras since I got the game pre-ordered at play-asia, it's just they are a little late getting it in.
Old 2006-11-05, 21:54   Link #275
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosaga View Post
So it seems I still might the extras since I got the game pre-ordered at play-asia, it's just they are a little late getting it in.
Yeah, you should, since you pre-ordered the Limited Edition... hopefully Play-Asia did their job right too and didn't run into any trouble getting the extras.
Old 2006-11-05, 22:26   Link #276
Chaosaga

Quote:
You've heard correctly on both of those counts. I'm still debating how to handle it myself, actually. Even with the PS3, you'd still have the region problem for PS2 games, and at that price... yeah. It seems the most viable choices are either to import a Japanese PS2, or to resort to that illegal method. It's too bad the market isn't more open to the idea of cross-region importing (especially when we're really buying the products), but things may be slowly beginning to change on that front.
I use a slide card to play my import games. It's very easy to use and set up.
Old 2006-11-06, 00:59   Link #277
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy Send a message via Skype™ to roxybudgy
Hmm, so I guess buying a Japanese PS2 is the way to go? If Australian/American/whatever PS2s don't play Japanese games, then does that mean JPN PS2 don't play foreign games either? Thy seem to cost the same, except getting a JPN PS2 will mean paying for shipping too.

I'm reminded of the time I bought a GBA just so I could play Pokemon Ruby (and never bought any other games for it)... is it really worth it I wonder...
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 08:07   Link #278
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Ah thanks, Im going to order the Limited Edition soon ><
Old 2006-11-06, 16:55   Link #279
Chaosaga

Play-Asia has sent out my game today! This is the 3rd game that I have imported for the PS2.

Just got the game but I didn't get the extras. So I think the best thing to do now is e-mail Play-Asia.

Last edited by Chaosaga; 2006-11-14 at 16:50.
Old 2006-11-21, 20:43   Link #280
Ezen
Utawarerumono Obsessor D;

Location: Helping Touka kick some ass and listening to: "Kimi Ga Tame"
Send a message via AIM to Ezen Send a message via MSN to Ezen
I'm about to start playing the PC game, is it really hard to play if you know no Japanese (I'm assuming it is) and if so, does anyone know of that program that translates the game to english or something of that sort?
Ezen is offline   Reply With Quote