AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-07-29, 20:03   Link #161
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy Send a message via Skype™ to roxybudgy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
MAJOR SPOILERS for the above query

Spoiler:
Ohh... so that means...

Spoiler:
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 08:18   Link #162
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Spoiler:
Well.. you can only expect so much from an eroge

retconed in the PS2 version
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 06:46   Link #163
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Does Every Race have some spezial Power?

Like Kamyuus Invicibly Trick, an the Poewerfull Blas from the Opening?

Aruruu can Understand Animals.

The Blonde Angel Womens magic?

Karuras strenght

So what about Benawi and th others?

Is ther a site wher all their moves are listed?
Old 2006-08-02, 07:23   Link #164
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Well, for Kamyuu and Urutorii (the winged blonde), since they are priestesses (one of the two still in training, though), it's predictable they'd have some affinity with magic or knowledge of certain arcane arts. Especially since the Onkamiyamukai were self-appointed mediators and priests of the great god Uitsuarunemitea - therefore delving in a quite powerful field. For Kamyuu, well, let's say that there is more to her than meets the eye. You know the saying, don't judge a book by its cover...but by its contents.

Aruruu can understand animals but I guess it's because of her playful and animal-loving self, which led her to adopt the orphaned Mukkuru and form a bond with the cub. For Gatchatara, well, that little guy seems to have chosen her as his master so an empathic link can be expected between the two - or at least that's what I believe happens when that Mikyuum claims Aruruu as its familiar.

As for other races - the Shakukoporus (which Kuuya and Touka belong to) were scorned and shunned by other ethnicities. Ultimately they gained the favor of the gods and became gifted with exceptional combat skills as a compensation for their hardships.
The Giriyaginas, on the other hand, were born with strengths greater than those found in neighboring races but, well, those who deem themselves seated the highest always fall the hardest - and that's what happened after they started behaving inappropriately. Despite their herculean strength, they were eradicated and only two individuals seem to remain - Karura and Derihourai.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 08:05   Link #165
Lost

Well we know that in the Anime Hakuoro did not do anything with Karura, so Eruruu was able to forgive him. Thanks to Mastress Alita, I do know that Hakuoro did... stuff with Karura, so I'm wondering, how did Eruruu forgive him? Did Eruruu even know?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 08:33   Link #166
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334

Aruruu can understand animals but I guess it's because of her playful and animal-loving self, which led her to adopt the orphaned Mukkuru and form a bond with the cub. For Gatchatara, well, that little guy seems to have chosen her as his master so an empathic link can be expected between the two - or at least that's what I believe happens when that Mikyuum claims Aruruu as its familiar.
No, Aruruu can understand animals because she became the new Yaanamauna ("Mother of the Forest"), priestess of Yamayuno-kami. Like i explained here, most probably that happened in episode 2, when she found Mukkuru. That's why the episode 5 focusing in her and Mukkuru was tittled "daughter of forest" or something like that. Even in the game there's a part where Hakuoro said to Touka when she was in the prison Aruru was the Yaanamauna.

Quote:
As for other races - the Shakukoporus (which Kuuya and Touka belong to) were scorned and shunned by other ethnicities. Ultimately they gained the favor of the gods and became gifted with exceptional combat skills as a compensation for their hardships.
Just Kuuya is a Shakukoporu. Touka and Genjimaru are Evinkurugas. Remember their ears are different.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 08:54   Link #167
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy Send a message via Skype™ to roxybudgy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Well we know that in the Anime Hakuoro did not do anything with Karura, so Eruruu was able to forgive him. Thanks to Mastress Alita, I do know that Hakuoro did... stuff with Karura, so I'm wondering, how did Eruruu forgive him? Did Eruruu even know?
While I didn't pay attention to what happened, rushed through the game, I would say that in the game, Eruruu never knew.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 13:04   Link #168
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Hakuoro pretty much kept all his sexual activities private to Eruruu, if not all of them. As a result, nobody ever knew about his "escapades" except for the girls themselves, but they pretty much assume he didn't screw with anyone else. To answer your question completely, Eruruu never walked in on any affairs in the game, nor did anyone else. Talk about being in the right place in the right time (well, for some of them, anyway :P).

The following is SERIOUSLY heavy stuff towards the endgame that I need help answering. DON'T READ unless you've played the game pretty much through! You have been warned. >_>
Spoiler:

Any and ALL assistance welcome. But unless you like spoilers (like me ), don't click. It will ruin everything.
Old 2006-08-02, 13:32   Link #169
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
@ Renegade334: Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
The following is SERIOUSLY heavy stuff towards the endgame that I need help answering. DON'T READ unless you've played the game pretty much through! You have been warned. >_>
Spoiler:

Any and ALL assistance welcome. But unless you like spoilers (like me ), don't click. It will ruin everything.
Ahhh! I can`t resist any longer... *click*
Spoiler for golden Spoiler deluxe:
Old 2006-08-02, 14:35   Link #170
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

From what I know...

Spoiler for big spoilers:

As for the last questions I'm a little bit uncertain and know less about that part so I'm gonna let them for someone else to explain.

EDIT: some tip garnered at Mastress Alita's forum:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-08-02 at 15:02.
Old 2006-08-02, 15:09   Link #171
Key Board
Donut

Re:Zaris

a.k.a I explain the plot

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-02, 16:35   Link #172
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Thank you, Key Board and Renegade334. This helped clarify a great many of my doubts and confusion.

Let's try and get a timeline assembled. Same massive spoiler alert! Endgame spoilers!
Spoiler:

And the rest...falls into place.

If there is something I got wrong, do let me know. I don't want to get anything wrong.

Now, to answer your question so you can answer MY question, Key Board (lol). Same endgame spoilers.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-02, 22:04   Link #173
Key Board
Donut

OK

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-03, 02:27   Link #174
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Thank you, Key Board and Renegade334. This helped clarify a great many of my doubts and confusion.

Let's try and get a timeline assembled. Same massive spoiler alert! Endgame spoilers!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Cruzz; 2006-08-03 at 03:09.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 02:44   Link #175
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Is it possible that the PS2 version and timeline might be slightly different from the PC game? I mean, there is a new character appearing in the PS2 so I wonder if the stories might differ somewhat...

Old 2006-08-03, 16:32   Link #176
Zaris
of Porsche

A big, big thank you to Cruzz and Key Board for resolving these questions for me. As I came to suspect last night, there are more questions left unanswered than answered. So is the typical way of things with most types of drama. Everything (more or less) has become clear to me, and for that, I want to thank you again for alleviating my confusion.

Based on the corrections, here is a more accurate timeline. A reference, for people who want to know the actual course of pre-events in Utawarerumono. If there's still problems within, do let me know. I'm working on a writen compiliation of this for myself as well :
Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see my question about the status of Hakuoro and Eruruu's relationship is under heat. Good! I enjoy debates. It's why we have a forum. :P
Spoiler:

I am guessing that the PS2 version of Utawarerumono will be the exact same as the PC, with the romantic scenes in between twisted to be implied or less explicit. Regarding new characters, I am assuming that the creators are doing either one of the two things below:

- Extending the length of the game by adding more content in the middle (an empire we haven't touched on yet) or at the end (maybe the story continues onward after the presumed ending), or...
- Broadening established material to offer more character development. I.E. what if we focused a bit more on Na Tunk, and that new character is a blood-relative of Karura? It's probably not, but I'm just suggesting.

But since I don't have a PS2, much less a Japanese PS2, I'll never know.

Regarding the last battle in the game:
Spoiler:

Again, many thanks to people that contributed.
Old 2006-08-03, 16:55   Link #177
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 01:51   Link #178
Key Board
Donut

Zaris, you drive me nuts

Spoiler:

Last edited by Key Board; 2006-08-04 at 02:07.
Old 2006-08-04, 02:41   Link #179
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But, yes, as Zaris said,
You mean Cruzz, don't you?

Regarding that new PS2 character, she isn't a Giriyagina - rather, she seems from Tousukuru or rather belongs to the fox-ear-and-tail race.

As for her name, it's in here but it's a pic so I can't copy the text and babelfish it.

In-game appearance gif: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2592/chip20cl4.gif

Full page available at: http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/uta/characters.html You need to wait a minute or so till all links are made available and then only will you be able to click on the other characters and enter their profiles.

Somehow that girl remind me of the stereotypical Chinese martial artist girl with her head buns...-_-;;

Old 2006-08-04, 04:07   Link #180
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
You mean Cruzz, don't you?

Regarding that new PS2 character, she isn't a Giriyagina - rather, she seems from Tousukuru or rather belongs to the fox-ear-and-tail race.

HOT DOG! a Fox girl?! ... to bad I still like Kaura