AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 39 24.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 28.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 51 32.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.63%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-11, 03:21   Link #161
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon
Huh. I actually just noticed it from monir's screencap, but what book is Yuki reading in this ep?
Check page 2 of this thread for your answer
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 03:46   Link #162
DrewGSR

dont get how this ep for all these 8,9 and 10s. I know you people jsut give everything a 10... your teh same people who claim each episode is teh greatest episode ever too... It was pretty weak and average imo, yea im one of teh 4 that gave it a 6 and possibly a 7 at best.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 03:59   Link #163
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
It only exist to be a slave of Haruhi
lol Kyon has degenerated into Haruhi's pet.
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 04:58   Link #164
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
dont get how this ep for all these 8,9 and 10s. I know you people jsut give everything a 10... your teh same people who claim each episode is teh greatest episode ever too... It was pretty weak and average imo, yea im one of teh 4 that gave it a 6 and possibly a 7 at best.
You have the right to your opinion, we have the right to have ours.

Or are you arragant enough to consider your opinions superior?
Old 2006-05-11, 05:33   Link #165
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Spoiler for answer, HUGE SPOILER:
I should have won the lottery...=w=

This EP is great. I think I've started growing fond of Itsuki >w< Really, I hope the writer would dig more into his character. Maybe there's an interesing reason behind his smiling face.

And lastly,

YUKI FOREVER~!!! >w<
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 07:02   Link #166
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

Quote:
Everyone has his/her own view and opinion, right? We are living in "relative" world anyway It's just the same as someone who think his girlfriend / her boyfriend is the most beautiful / handsome in the world (when falling in love )
mp3chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 07:43   Link #167
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Everyone has their own opinions, and they're all subjective, so why bother preaching about something when you know that everyone has an opposite view? Sheesh, hypocrisy at best. At least defend your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
lol Kyon has degenerated into Haruhi's pet.
Much as he hates to admit it, it seems to be his role. XD

Oh, and I found the part where Haruhi claims she suddenly knows the culprit is hilarious, when she points to Mikuru as the victim. seeing Mikuru tremble and Kyon suddenly anxious about what might happen made me laugh.

Especially when they're playing cards, and Kyon tells himself what kind of "manor" Haruhi might find suitable, hilarious.

Yuki was moe material in this episode, and especially Kyon no imouto-chan!

I didn't like the whole boobs emphasis on Mikuru though...plus, I feel as if the narration in the beginning, while it helps to establish the setting of the episode, was too linear. There's just something I didn't like about it, probably how it seemed to lead you in a straight path as to what might happen instead of the usual "oh god come what may and hold on tight" pacing of the previous episodes.

A 9, I guess.
Old 2006-05-11, 09:23   Link #168
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, finally caught up

It was fun. FINALLY poor Mikuru wasn't abused.
Kyon's sister rules

Is it just me or is Kyon focusing on Mikuru most of the time?

Overall it was relaxing. Can't wait for the next one.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 18:13   Link #169
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
All about the set up

This ep was a little duller than the others but i kind understand why its a two parter so there is definetly going to be some wicked stuff in the next one. I think this episode was more of a set up to get auidence prepared for the crazy shit thats most likely to happen next. Most of the episode was them getting to the island. i mean look at the setting a island way of the map, a huge storm no way to call for help and we have our lovable Haruhi wishing to be a murder detective. If i was on the show and knew she was going to wish for that espcially with the strange things that happen around her anyway there is no way in hell i am putting my self on that island. but things are always funnier when its someone elses pain (Hang in there Kyon) I also think the writiers may have wanted this episode to be a little slower than the others i mean look at all the info that was given in episode 5 a couple of episode like that in a row and people might start pulling a Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (see episode 5 for explanation

Im still picking up a huge jealousy vibe from Haruhi when it comes to Kyon and Asahina. Does anyone noticed anything they want to comment on?
Old 2006-05-11, 18:16   Link #170
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Actually, I noticed Haruhi didn't seem to mind Kyon staring at Mikuru in this ep. I guess Haruhi was so absorbed with the idea of a desserted island.

Care to elaborate? I must've missed everything. =.=

Nihaha~
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 18:26   Link #171
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
Actually, I noticed Haruhi didn't seem to mind Kyon staring at Mikuru in this ep. I guess Haruhi was so absorbed with the idea of a desserted island.

Care to elaborate? I must've missed everything. =.=
Granted she was absorbed with the whole deserted island theme for most of the episode. But she always managed to catch Kyon when hes having his naughty little thoughts about Mikuru. Im noticing more of the looks that she gives him. maybe im leaning into a little to much but i just cant shake the feeling

By the way i love you Sig Kudos to you
Old 2006-05-11, 19:11   Link #172
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Is it just me or is Kyon focusing on Mikuru most of the time?
It's the only saving grace of being forced into the SOS Brigade for him, so I'm not surprised. His comment about her smile being worth taking his sister along says it all.

By the way, I kinda agree with DrewGSR, that grading this episode with a 10 is an indication that you might grade every halfdecent episode like that just because you like the show in general, or on the basis of a couple of great scenes, and not judging the entire episode on its own merits, or in comparison to others. There have been better episodes, which implies this one was worse so shouldn't be worth a 10. In my case, I didn't think it was worth nearly that much and I gave it a 6. Perhaps a bit harsh, but my feeling after watching it was that it didn't deliver as much as some of the previous episodes, despite some great comedy moments. I actually found some parts rather boring. I should note though that I tend to grade conservatively (neither extremely high or low), but that makes the occasional 9 or 10 actually mean something. Well, hope that made some sense. Carry on.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 19:20   Link #173
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, its almost a full love triangle between Haruhi, Kyon and Mikuru. At least thats what I see.

Spoiler:

Old 2006-05-11, 19:30   Link #174
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
~yuki...YUUUUKKI!!!

poor yuki, no one likes yuki.
Old 2006-05-11, 19:35   Link #175
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
~yuki...YUUUUKKI!!!

poor yuki, no one likes yuki.
lol Kyon loves Yuki too:

Spoiler:

Old 2006-05-11, 20:06   Link #176
evil-samurai

Well you know if it just does't end up being Kyon and Haruhi I think I'll be happy. I havn't read the novels and I wouldn't have a clue where they go with it, but the Kyon and Haruhi would be to say.. uninteresting.. predictable.. and annoying... But ending it with Yuki, now that would be good!

Just stick with Plain crazy Haruhi and it will be good. Though 13 episodes means no hope that they will make anything.. happen, with the amount of material they still have left with the Novels.

Episode 6 was pretty good, I loved the part when they showed kyons little sister walk up to Yuki when she was reading some book and asking her questions while leaning over
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 20:16   Link #177
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Episode 6 was pretty good, I loved the part when they showed kyons little sister walk up to Yuki when she was reading some book and asking her questions while leaning over
Yuki must think that imouto is really annoying, usually we expect a single word reply lol.

Also I wonder what Kyon was thinking when imouto doesn't want to eat the green pepper. In which aspect of Mikuru does he wants his sister to develop into?

Old 2006-05-11, 20:19   Link #178
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
In which aspect of Mikuru does he wants his sister to develop into?
Beach balls.

Old 2006-05-11, 21:54   Link #179
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Opinions are taken more seriously when they're supported in some fashion... and you might work on the "teh" ... it doesn't really help your position.
Aside from that, I gave this episode an 8 rather than a 9 or 10 because (spoilered since its relatively fresh):
Spoiler:

Overall still better than many other "low budget episode / tweener" series examples but items 1&2 in my spoiler section dragged it down a bit.

Next episode jumping elsewhen is semi-annoying but OTOH, we may be getting to see some action.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 23:39   Link #180
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Spoiler:
By Haruhi's numbering in the previews, the baseball episode is episode 7, this one is episode 9. Linearly, the baseball episode seems to come first.