AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Ouran Host Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-03, 02:45   Link #21
myopius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Hopefully this doesn't sound odd (I'm serious), but are the reactions of the girls toward members of the host club legitimately caused? Of course they're exaggerated, but are these things girls in the real world would really generally find moe? If those girls didn't pick up on the hosts' goofiness and/or reject them offhand, of course (most real girls would, I'd... hope).

I'm just genuinely curious, I always think popular culture is more in touch with women's psychology than I am and so am interested to observe these things.

Edit: In response to spyder101v2, I just checked anidb and it says Nippon Television Network is related to it--not sure if that helps.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 17:57   Link #22
spyder101v2
Dumbss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dream City, Imagination Land
thank you dude : )
__________________
You're Special...Just LIke Everyone Else
spyder101v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 00:44   Link #23
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 29
Hmm, I've got a question I've been wondering for a while. The guys of the Host Club fit their architypes well...all except for one, how does Morinozuka Takashi (Mori-senpai) fit into the "wild" archetype?
__________________

Currently watching: (week 2) Claymore, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, HitoHira, Hayate no Gotoku!, Murder Princess, Lucky Star, Darker than BLACK, Sola, Seto no Hanayome , El Cazador.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 12:46   Link #24
bubu
Glittering
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius
Hopefully this doesn't sound odd (I'm serious), but are the reactions of the girls toward members of the host club legitimately caused? Of course they're exaggerated, but are these things girls in the real world would really generally find moe? If those girls didn't pick up on the hosts' goofiness and/or reject them offhand, of course (most real girls would, I'd... hope).
If you see the number of yaoi fangirls that are around these days, I think that plenty of girls would go all "moe" for the twins and Honey+Mori...and Tamaki is gorgeous. I'd swoon for him!

As far as Mori, he's not the wild type like "wild and crazy guy"...more like a wild animal in touch with his natural instincts, like when he could sense where Honey was when he got lost in episode 7. At least that's what I think.
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 16:57   Link #25
domino
デレデレ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Hmm, I've got a question I've been wondering for a while. The guys of the Host Club fit their architypes well...all except for one, how does Morinozuka Takashi (Mori-senpai) fit into the "wild" archetype?
I think they're referring to the way he's a kind of a loner (always silent in the background). He has short messy hair and wears his uniform blazer unbuttoned + shirt untucked, so his appearance is also sort of "wild" But I think the main appeal is that he's like a "wild wolf" loner who can't be tamed or something? The type who will pat you on the head and treat you like a little sister instead of a girlfriend...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 13:29   Link #26
Renge
smile
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Not sure if this belongs here but where can i download the episodes? please and its safe right?
__________________
Renge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 20:33   Link #27
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
u can get the shows here

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/791.html

i might have missed it but is a new fansubbing group taking over this project? i checked out lunars website and it didnt list ouran host club as an active project
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 00:52   Link #28
Frozen_Skye
Vampire
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit

i might have missed it but is a new fansubbing group taking over this project? i checked out lunars website and it didnt list ouran host club as an active project
I was wondering why there hadn't been subs for so long. I was beginning to panic thinking that they liscensed Ouran or something.

I understand that subbing takes alot of effort and time so I'm not gonna hassle our wonderful sub groups about that. However, I'd like to find out the reason for the delays.
Frozen_Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 01:09   Link #29
domino
デレデレ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I was wondering why there hadn't been subs for so long. I was beginning to panic thinking that they liscensed Ouran or something.

I understand that subbing takes alot of effort and time so I'm not gonna hassle our wonderful sub groups about that. However, I'd like to find out the reason for the delays.
Rumor has it that the delays are because a Lunar staff member is temporarily absent (busy with school or moving or something). I hope that's the case, because it would be a shame if the dropped it after doing such a wonderful job for 17 episodes. I'll patiently wait for them to return, because while I appreciate the other fansub group's efforts, their translations are miles off and are in serious need of editing. It takes away from the true "Ouran experience". :P

Can anyone verify if this Lunar rumor is true or not?
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 01:48   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
It says on Lunar's forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNiks
The translator for this project is busy moving right now so things will be delayed for a little bit.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 03:11   Link #31
domino
デレデレ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It says on Lunar's forum
Oh, so the rumors are true after all. Thanks for pointing out the source. I wish them luck in their move, then.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 11:41   Link #32
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Oh, so the rumors are true after all. Thanks for pointing out the source. I wish them luck in their move, then.
Ray's done his move and has already translated episodes 18 - 20, so I guess those three are in the later processes as of now... with some luck, we should see them out by the end of this week. Maybe Lunar is planning a triple release?

Anyway, as for where I got this information, this is what he wrote last Friday in the Ouran FAQ thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Ray
Ok, well I am done moving, so I am back. (but don't turn this into a welcome back thread)

Just as an update:

Did we drop this series?

Answer: NO YOU SCHMUCK. Things just stalled when I was moving around. Actually more than one of us was on vacation. You guys get it when we say we have lives, now? lol

But anyhow, 18-20 are past me. Check back in the near future.
Ballpark however you want when they will be released, but just don't ask for it.
~ Noodlehead

Last edited by Noodlehead; 2006-08-23 at 13:12.
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 12:54   Link #33
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
did lunar stop subbing ouran? are FRoP subs good and reliable?
__________________
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 13:03   Link #34
JanthraX^
Ace Archer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsdhaleine
did lunar stop subbing ouran? are FRoP subs good and reliable?
read the previous 6 posts above yours,
__________________
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 13:43   Link #35
domino
デレデレ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead
Ray's done his move and has already translated episodes 18 - 20, so I guess those three are in the later processes as of now... with some luck, we should see them out by the end of this week. Maybe Lunar is planning a triple release?

Anyway, as for where I got this information, this is what he wrote last Friday in the Ouran FAQ thread:



~ Noodlehead
That's good to hear. Yay, I can finally get my weekly ouran fix again~

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsdhaleine
did lunar stop subbing ouran? are FRoP subs good and reliable?
The answer to both is "no"
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 22:05   Link #36
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
C'mon now, the FrOP subs arent BAD. They're not brilliant, but then at times, neither are Lunar's. FrOP is probably a much smaller group aimed at getting the releases out as quickly and accessibly as possible. Lunar has more members to check and edit the subs before encoding.

Dont knock them unless you can do a better job.
__________________
SPIRITS ARE AAAALWAYS WITH YOU!!!!
Neomang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 11:01   Link #37
kismis
Rabid Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
just wondering- will there be a OHHC season 2?

i just can't get over the fact that its ending so soon
__________________
kismis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:20   Link #38
songs4eva
Princess ^_^
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
so how many episodes are there in the series?
songs4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:28   Link #39
Kurochiisaineko
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Kurochiisaineko
The series is 26 episodes long. I wish there was more I can't get enough of Mori-kun.
__________________
Kurochiisaineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 20:47   Link #40
Chinsuke
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Anywhere and everywhere
I know that this is really out there but I was arguing with my friend and I need an answer... Is Bisco Hatori (the author of the manga) a male or female??
__________________

Touhou Music and Arts Structure
Chinsuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.