AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-14, 06:08   Link #81
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

young link may come back but as probably "WindWaker" Link?
I mean with Phantom Hourglass coming out soon next month, it would up his chances...somewhat.
Old 2007-09-14, 13:06   Link #82
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Anything but Mr Game & Watch. o_O

No doubt he's a pretty strong character, but he looks lame and the sounds he
makes are just plain annoying.

Still hoping they'll put Sonic in the game. (Yeah, I'm one of those Sonic fanboys who wants to see him in SSBB xP)
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 13:36   Link #83
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Hm. I wasn't really a fan of the Ice Climbers, so to me it's not a big deal to see them come back. I suppose they weren't the worst characters though, especially with that double item bit.

The only characters I truly do not want to see make a reappearance are Game & Watch and Pichu. Especially Pichu.

I'm also sad that Lyn is only an assist trophy. There need to be more playable female characters in Brawl. ^^
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 14:09   Link #84
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The Underworld Them Remix Confirmed For Pit

YES! I KNEW THEY'D DO IT! This is the one and only song they could have rightfully chose for Pit, and the remix is just great, combining the quirky freak out music for the Grim Reaper enemy. This is the announcement I have been looking forward to since the game was announced. Even though I'm like a month late, the discovery is still news to me, and great news at that.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 00:10   Link #85
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Actually there was a rather strong cult following for Mr G&W, plus hes pretty strong actually just too light.
Trick to using Mr G&W is getting in that first hit, and a bit of luck when using his special hammer move, though getting a 9 is quite rare. Frankly he is really useful against projectile based characters (like Samus, maybe Link) using his down+B Bucket Panic (I think that's what its called).
Old 2007-09-15, 00:20   Link #86
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
Hm. I wasn't really a fan of the Ice Climbers, so to me it's not a big deal to see them come back. I suppose they weren't the worst characters though, especially with that double item bit.

The only characters I truly do not want to see make a reappearance are Game & Watch and Pichu. Especially Pichu.

I'm also sad that Lyn is only an assist trophy. There need to be more playable female characters in Brawl. ^^
Hmm, why did my name show up here

Well I would just have to say, if people know how to use Ice Climbers they can be quite deadly (imagine the combos with essentially 2 characters in one ) Though i never got to that level and i can't say I'm a pro with them (my best is Link, quite ironic i know), but they would be a nice addition to this new game.
Old 2007-09-15, 00:20   Link #87
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Ooooh, i just looked at the official site, and it looks like thay have a cool new character. The generic Pokemon trainer. Apparently he doesnt do any fighting directly, but instead has Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard do the fighting for him. Sounds as if thhey'll have different move sets, and you have to switch them out.

The info is here.

The other new characters are Pit, Wario, Zero Suit Samus (Samus w/out Power Suit), Ike, Diddy Kong, and Meta Knight.

Coolest new characters:
Zero Suit Samus (She's hot, and the whip looks cool)
Ike (I love FE, and his move Aether sounds really powerful!)
Pokemon Trainer (Sounds like an interesting new way to battle)
Old 2007-09-15, 20:44   Link #88
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
I am so happy that they decided to bring the Ice Climbers back!!!!

There were posts like 6 or 7 months ago saying the maker has decided to take the ICs out of Brawl. This news tore me apart because I used to main ICs.

Ever since the new update on DOJO I was like "take that you jerk posters saying ICs are out!"

IC = Pro Teamwork.

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 11:59   Link #89
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Trick to using Mr G&W is getting in that first hit, and a bit of luck when using his special hammer move, though getting a 9 is quite rare. Frankly he is really useful against projectile based characters (like Samus, maybe Link) using his down+B Bucket Panic (I think that's what its called).
I wouldn't rely on that hammer move at all, if anything G&W's use comes through most from the aforementioned move, his high knockback manhole and highest recovery in the entire game so he can afford to crouch cancel alot.

(Seriously its official G&W has the highest recovery.)
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 12:06   Link #90
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Ike is going to be awesome, and I like how they added aether as that was his ultimate move in FE
Old 2007-09-16, 17:40   Link #91
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
I wouldn't rely on that hammer move at all, if anything G&W's use comes through most from the aforementioned move, his high knockback manhole and highest recovery in the entire game so he can afford to crouch cancel alot.

(Seriously its official G&W has the highest recovery.)
No way. Zelda or Kirby have the best recoveries. Have you seen how far Zelda can warp? It's insane!

The only reason Kirby doesn't get any attention is because he so darn light, he never gets a chance to use his recovery.
Old 2007-09-16, 18:34   Link #92
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
No way. Zelda or Kirby have the best recoveries. Have you seen how far Zelda can warp? It's insane!

The only reason Kirby doesn't get any attention is because he so darn light, he never gets a chance to use his recovery.
It's also insane how hard it is to sweetspot the ledge with Zelda, and it's also insane how much lag time she has on the landing of that move.

As for Kirby's recovery, Jigglypuff is *far* better with pound recovery.

Peach's recovery forces you to flat out kill her rather than edgeguard her at any point. Either you outright kill her or she's coming back. Samus also has a LOL amazing recovery if you know how to use her bombjump.
Old 2007-09-16, 19:27   Link #93
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Yeah, I'd say Peach and Samus have the best recovery...bomb jumping Samus is a beast.

What's this I hear about characters with mostly horizontal up-B moves, like Donkey Kong, getting a retool of their recovery due to lack of vertical gain? This sounds intriguing.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 19:53   Link #94
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

I look forward to this game. I put an advance order (pre-order) on it back in November 2006.
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 22:43   Link #95
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Yeah, I'd say Peach and Samus have the best recovery...bomb jumping Samus is a beast.

What's this I hear about characters with mostly horizontal up-B moves, like Donkey Kong, getting a retool of their recovery due to lack of vertical gain? This sounds intriguing.
Vertical gain is rarely meaningful. It takes far more effort to knock someone down below a certain vertical recovery point than it does to knock them out past horizontal recovery range. The worst types of recoveries are those with little horizontal recovery. However, Marth and Samus have the ability to turn some vertical into massive horizontal recoveries with =>B and bombjumping respectively.
Old 2007-09-17, 01:29   Link #96
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Not only that, but you can also get your energy beam with Samus to extend. Look online for guides if you wanna know how. All I remeember is that it requires a lot of rotating the control stick, or something like that. It's tough to do, but I've done it. It gets about 3 times longer, which is REALLY useful for recovery, when grabbing onto walls/edges. You can't do the extension for Link's hookshot, unfortunately (since his recovery is complete crap - barely any vertical OR horizontal movement at all).

And I must disagree with you about jigglypuff. She's got 0 weight, so she's often too far away for pound to make a difference. She only gets 6 jumps, whereas Kirby gets 8. Doesn't sound like a huge difference, but when you can use stone once your back over the stage, theres less chance of someone getting a cheap shot in. That same kind of temporary invulnerability cannot be applied to Jigglypuff. Not to mention, I've tried using Pound to get over, but it doesn't work unless you're sent flying either really high or really close the edge of a stage. It barely moves Jigglypuff at all. If anything, I'd do a suicide B and try and get over that way.

And vertical travel DOES matter. If you watch the "How to Play" video, you'll see Mario make a recovery from offscreen. Other characters that don't have as much vertical distance in their recoveries (e.g. Peach, DK, or Link), could never have made such a recovery. Though, I usually use Marth or Roy anyway, so => B is a move I use a lot. It's really funny if I accidently hit the B button too fast.... Marth/Roy drops like a rock...

I use Roy more than any other character. Believe it or not, I actually beat Event 51 with him. It's all about timing your counter move so Roy takes no damage and can get in a free hit, but far enough from any other danger that he has time to recover. His B move that is like Marths shield breaker is a 1-hit KO if you charge it til it glows red (don't hold it down for full time or Roy takes damage). It's GREAT for edge-guarding. Don't use him for Event 50. Samus or Fox/Falco are much better. Yoshi's not too bad, either, as long as you keep in mind he only has one mid-air jump and no recovery.
Old 2007-09-17, 05:30   Link #97
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

The golden hammer seems to be an over-the-top item...its almost invincible as the power star item in all of the smash brothers game.
Old 2007-09-17, 09:55   Link #98
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Vertical gain is rarely meaningful. It takes far more effort to knock someone down below a certain vertical recovery point than it does to knock them out past horizontal recovery range. The worst types of recoveries are those with little horizontal recovery. However, Marth and Samus have the ability to turn some vertical into massive horizontal recoveries with =>B and bombjumping respectively.
Link's hookshot can be a real lifesaver on certain stages too if you can get the timing right. Samus's grapple beam can also latch to the stage but it's slower than Link's hookshot, I generally just rely on her bomb jumping.

Does anyone know if they're bringing Sheik back? She was my favorite character, on the light side, but ridiculously fast. She had the best juggling ability and her forward-A air punch was insanely strong, you could KO most characters with it at 60% no problem. I know they were modeling Zelda after the TWP version but I hope they bring back Sheik and don't change her too much.

I also hope they keep wave-dashing. That was a really fun spam move, especially with Luigi.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 10:02   Link #99
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
^ I hope they will fix glitches.
to be quite accurate, L cancel, wavedash etc are in essence glitches and thus, kinda something more like a bug exploit than an intended mechanic. (abusing an air dodge to get such dash just defy the intended purpose so)

it isn't something similar to the usual frame fest on 2D games such like GG, SF and MB.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 12:31   Link #100
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ I hope they will fix glitches.
to be quite accurate, L cancel, wavedash etc are in essence glitches and thus, kinda something more like a bug exploit than an intended mechanic. (abusing an air dodge to get such dash just defy the intended purpose so)

it isn't something similar to the usual frame fest on 2D games such like GG, SF and MB.
They were intended.

Tags
crossover, nintendo