AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 30 22.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 25.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 32.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 12.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.53%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-14, 05:52   Link #121
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Bah.. If I were a master.. I'll summon Loran Cehack on Turn A >.< Moonlight butterfly the other master/servant for 10K years of history No more holy Grail

/me Get lost Gundam fanboy >.<

I'm bored.. and tired ... sorry ._.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 07:08   Link #122
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Uhm, this episode gets an 8. I'll be brief.

++ Interesting and involving setting for the whole first half

+ Animations back to high levels and nice visual aspects.

+ The finale left a bit of suspence for what it will be.

+ Good enjoyability all in all.

+ Explanations on the second half filled some blank spots with interesting notions. Even so...

- ... 10 full minutes of (fast) speech couldn't help but being kinda heavy to bear.

- Gilgamesh appearence was too sudden, most like out of the blue. As well as he disappeared.

- Didn't Caster role and history deserve a little more room?

-- Assassin's knockout was too cheap. Presented as a great swordsman and stuff, he was eliminated too easily from a Saber Excalibur-less. The shows is definitely suffering a lack of minutage.
Old 2006-05-14, 07:50   Link #123
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Saber couldn't use her Excalibur against Caster, but against Assassin, she proved to be able to use it.

And the sun was rising, Assassin couldn't go all out on this last action anymore. It's not like he's really been beaten because of lack of skill.

Last edited by gammaoh; 2006-05-14 at 08:02.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 08:41   Link #124
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Didn't Caster role and history deserve a little more room?
Nope, thats for you to look up on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Assassin's knockout was too cheap. Presented as a great swordsman and stuff, he was eliminated too easily from a Saber Excalibur-less. The shows is definitely suffering a lack of minutage.
The main went out like a warrior - he gave everything he got, but like he's been saying, Saber is the stronger servant.
Old 2006-05-14, 08:49   Link #125
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Definitely a hell of a lot better than the episode 18.

Assassin vs Saber wasn't that exciting, in fact the fights seem to be going a bit downhill...

Shirou vs the-teacher-guy (don't make me try and spell it -.- ), Shirou really got his butt kicked, especially when he fell from the edge ouch! maybe he should actually try and be a better swordsman instead of relying entirely on the weapons capability.

Caster vs Gil, not rlly a fight Gil totally slaughtered her maybe she could have dodged it if she didn't have the hood covering her eyes XD jks

We learnt almost nothing about Caster at all what's up with that? I kno they have limited screen time to put everything in but geez...

learnt a little interesting stuff about the emiya guy who adopted shirou and the grail bit, for a while I thought there was only one grail thats resummoned but apparently theres new one for each war pffft...

Is Rin constantly flirting with Shirou when she keeps using her mischevious smile?

preview looks great finally the Saber date XD Rins definitely jealous.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 10:02   Link #126
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer
We learnt almost nothing about Caster at all what's up with that? I kno they have limited screen time to put everything in but geez...
Caster is Medea, what more do you need to know?
Old 2006-05-14, 10:02   Link #127
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Sigh, the animators assume people would equip themselves with knowledge as to who is Medea is. There is only 24 eps and not enough to animate Caster's history. I thought the flashbacks is brillant execution and viewers should able to gauge as to her motivation here.
Old 2006-05-14, 10:47   Link #128
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

And on another note, odds are, by next ep, Sakura wakes up, which begs the question...WHERE IS RIDER?! Is she coming back to fill out the HF aspects?

I also want to see Taiga's NP since Gilgamesh did throw a Shinai outta the gate =X
Old 2006-05-14, 10:48   Link #129
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Sigh, the animators assume people would equip themselves with knowledge as to who is Medea is. There is only 24 eps and not enough to animate Caster's history. I thought the flashbacks is brillant execution and viewers should able to gauge as to her motivation here.
You guys are missing what we're complaining about. We wanted to see more of Caster's life animated and not just look it up on Wiki. We wanted to feel more connection with these tragic characters, instead of only getting fleeting glimpses, and then that's that.

But I guess this is what makes people different. We all view things from different angles, and what one person enjoys, another doesn't. *shrug*

This series has quickly fallen from my favorite, to a top 5 of the season. At it's current pacing, it'll be fall even further as other shows only get better. What a shame too, as it's stories and characters had so much potential.
Old 2006-05-14, 10:51   Link #130
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
I also want to see Taiga's NP since Gilgamesh did throw a Shinai outta the gate =X
how are you sure its Taiga's maybe its Saber's, the one shes using to beat up Shirou every practice weapons used or even held by great kings sometimes given to loyal vassals and gain some status
Old 2006-05-14, 10:58   Link #131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

We got to see who Caster loves, and the reason behind that love - its true that the whole backstory between the two characters wasen't explained, but still that wasen't 100% needed in the anime. We get what we need to understand the anime.
Old 2006-05-14, 11:13   Link #132
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Like it or not, it's the kind of anime where you need to know some background or wiki the characters when their names are revealed. There is only 24 episodes and even in the game, you have to do this if you want to have a better understanding of the Servants true motivations. And even without this, the major events are still shown in the anime.

No offense, but this show isn't meant for some 8 y.o. kids who are waiting for everything to come right down to them without lifting a finger.

If this drawback is a major flaw for you, then stop watching the show, it's been like this for the last 19 episodes and it's not bound to change IMO.
Old 2006-05-14, 11:18   Link #133
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Well I just kinda felt that arc was missing something, I always thought that besides showing Caster's story and her master it also clearly defined were two of the characters are opposed to eachother.

Also if they manage to convey with flashbacks what they wanted us to knew about Medea then all is well. Ofcourse its all a matter of personal oppinon, if Caster was more central to the plot then yes abit more to her life then just little flashbacks are needed to give us that connection with the characters. She was probly intended as a side character/mini boss and so we got the flashbacks.
Old 2006-05-14, 11:24   Link #134
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
considering that caster and her master are only minor chara with no major significance...the writers have already shown enough of them...nothing else major is gona develop anyway so they left it as caster being able to fullfill her desire...
also considering that the whole show is 24 eps spending too much time with minor chara is somewhat wasteful...unless they decide to make more than 24 eps i would rather move on to more exciting stuff...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 12:03   Link #135
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Giving this an 8, and I'll cite the reasons later.

One definite thing, continuously reused footage = boring as hell. Gilgamesh's appearance was godly awesome, though, and the "OMFGWTF" expression on both Kuzuki and Caster's faces were rich. Especially with her eating Gate of Babylon.

Though Caster's whole death scene was touching, I've embraced the fact that the producers can't animate everything in the game.

Is the next episode going to be a comedy? Maybe to set the stage for the whole last battle scene, and to take away the seriousness that's been built up in the past episodes.

Something I just noticed: looking back at the Gate of Babylon, did I just see Blutzsauger and Nietono no Shana? o_________O;

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2006-05-14 at 12:14.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 12:36   Link #136
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You mean you can actually tell Nietono no Shana? It's just a big katana
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 12:36   Link #137
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel

Is the next episode going to be a comedy? Maybe to set the stage for the whole last battle scene, and to take away the seriousness that's been built up in the past episodes.
Yeah I think it will be a comedy including Shirou and Sabers relationship growing.
An ep like that interests me as much as the main storyline, they should make some ova's to show more parts like this but I guess it kind of betrays the genre of fsn if they make it like a comedy, romance or harem.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 20:34   Link #138
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
i don't really understand where is this going at..... like how are sevants supposed to be embarassed or falling for their masters... o_______O doesn't really make sense to meee

Also known as a03
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 20:37   Link #139
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
i don't really understand where is this going at..... like how are sevants supposed to be embarassed or falling for their masters... o_______O doesn't really make sense to meee
well servents are the same as humans...they are spirits from the past so ofc they would have emotions of their past lives...like caster who was in love with a man in her past life as a servent she still retains her personallity...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 20:45   Link #140
jtrog

I enjoyed serveral things that missed 1st watching. I GOT to see Caster smile, at the point where shirou was falling into the pit area after Kuzuki destroyed his two summoned weapons. That was a priceless smile.

Casters Dream-wish was fulfilled IN my honest opinion at their end Because her and her master were 'two cold hearted bastards' whos souls met across the space of time to be joined. It was a fleeting few seconds but who knows how many roses bloomed in their short gardens of happiness that existed before the fall?

I feel Caster got what she deserved for attacking and draining the people of the city to build her alter there.

I'm wondering now 'will there be life after f/sn is over' ? I have really been on the edge of my seat weekly waiting on it.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote