AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-05-13, 12:51   Link #1
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

[Manga] ranking in akatsuki (along with orochimaru)

we know that there are supposed to be 9 members in akatsuki. the leader with the spiky hair is arguably the strongest (although we haven't seen any action), and itachi is probably high up there. however, i was wondering how well orochimaru ranked even in akatsuki?
during the gaara arc post time skip, one of the akatsuki members mentions that it may take longer than usual to extract the bijuu without orochimaru. now by this time there are already 9 members in akatsuki, so why would orochimaru speed up the process? is oro's chakura just a lot larger than others, or his sealing techiniques are superior maybe?
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 12:56   Link #2
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
why would orochimaru speed up the process? is oro's chakura just a lot larger than others, or his sealing techiniques are superior maybe?
Yes the sannin have large amounts of chakra adding Orochimaru too this would be very helpful, since Kisame was needed more for his high chakra rate even more now since Orochimaru's departure.

in terms of power( the most chakra) i would say ..

1. Leader
2. Unknown member
3. Kisame
4. Sasori
5. Unknown member
6. Zetsu
7. Unknown member
8. Deidara
9. Itachi

but that's really just a guess.

In terms of strength i would say ... Orochimaru at #3 if Orochimaru is included.

1. Leader
2. Itachi
3. Unknown member
4. Sasori
5. Unknown member
6. Unknown member
7. Kisame
8. Deidara
9. Zetsu

Last edited by Rachy; 2006-05-13 at 13:07.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 12:57   Link #3
Rurik
Golden

It kind of Hard to make a rank where you don't know half the members but here I go.

Itachi
ORochimau
Members not shown
Zetsu
Kisame
Dedidara
Leader

I say this because I think the leader is just manipulating this guys to get real powerful and thus he is really week.
Old 2006-05-13, 13:42   Link #4
Zek
Eyebrows...

I don't think Sasori is as strong as people give him credit for. As the first Akatsuki to die he's probably a relatively low-tier member, or maybe about average. Deidara may even have been BSing about being weaker than him; he was trying to convince Kakashi to go back to help after all. If Akatsuki are going to be the main villains of the series for a long while yet, they'll need to be strong enough to compete with major main character powerups, and one of the strongest members being defeated by two secondary characters so early doesn't really make sense.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 13:49   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
I don't think Sasori is as strong as people give him credit for. As the first Akatsuki to die he's probably a relatively low-tier member, or maybe about average. Deidara may even have been BSing about being weaker than him; he was trying to convince Kakashi to go back to help after all. If Akatsuki are going to be the main villains of the series for a long while yet, they'll need to be strong enough to compete with major main character powerups, and one of the strongest members being defeated by two secondary characters so early doesn't really make sense.
Yu I guess you are right, I was resiliant in where to put him in, that I even Forgot to place him in a spot
Old 2006-05-13, 13:55   Link #6
Airaku
####

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
in terms of power( the most chakra) i would say ..

1. Leader
2. Unknown member
3. Kisame
4. Sasori
5. Unknown member
6. Zetsu
7. Unknown member
8. Deidara
9. Itachi

but that's really just a guess.
Kisame has the most amount of chakra compared to the rest of the Akatsuki, this was already mentioned in the manga.

In terms of strength I would say the order is…
1. Leader
2. Itachi
3. Orochimaru
4. Unknown member
5. Zetsu
6. Kisame
7. Unknown member
8. Unknown member
9. Deidara
10. Sasori
11. Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Itachi
ORochimau
Members not shown
Zetsu
Kisame
Dedidara
Leader

I say this because I think the leader is just manipulating this guys to get real powerful and thus he is really week.
Even if he just manipulating the others, that doesn’t mean he is weak.

Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 15:28   Link #7
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

say who had a bigger hand in saori's defeat sakura or chiyo? i know sasori had a hand in it.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 17:54   Link #8
Ryuujin

I definitely think the leader is the strongest.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 20:53   Link #9
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Kisame has the most amount of chakra compared to the rest of the Akatsuki, this was already mentioned in the manga.
No it wasn't it's stated he has a high chakra level even for Akatsuki, not that he has the most.

Quote:
I think your're underating Sasori, Deidara treated him as a master when kakashi wasn't even around he was the leader of the team like Itachi is to Kisame.

Sasori most likely was too strong for him to be involved later on in the series more likely, you can't beat him without medic jutsu and a fight with Sakura was the best way to set it up, even more so she had someone with her who knew alot of Sasori's moves. And even in the end Sasori had to let himself die, i really think that's a testament to just how strong and feared he should be.
Old 2006-05-13, 21:57   Link #10
Airaku
####

Quote:
No it wasn't it's stated he has a high chakra level even for Akatsuki, not that he has the most.
Spoiler:

Quote:
I think your're underating Sasori, Deidara treated him as a master when kakashi wasn't even around he was the leader of the team like Itachi is to Kisame.
I don’t think that the Akatsuki has a hierarchy to rank its nine members. These are all s-class criminals deserving of equal respect and they would not agree to work under subordination. Sasori and Diedara do not have master/underling relationship and neither do Itachi and Kisame. It only appears that they do because there is an evident difference in their respective power. Each member of the Akatsuki has their own fighting style, but in order to work effectively in a group of two, sometimes one person must take control every now and then.
Quote:
Sasori most likely was too strong for him to be involved later on in the series more likely, you can't beat him without medic jutsu and a fight with Sakura was the best way to set it up, even more so she had someone with her who knew alot of Sasori's moves. And even in the end Sasori had to let himself die, i really think that's a testament to just how strong and feared he should be.
There is no argument that Sasori was strong, I just think I it would be good for the plot if the remaining members of the Akatsuki could prove to be even more of a challenge.

Old 2006-05-13, 22:32   Link #11
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
In my translation it says:
“Indeed…After all, that jutsu is suitable for you, as you have a large amount of chakra even for us ‘Akatsuki’…Kisame.”

From this I believe that Kisame was being compared to the rest of the Akatsuki.
If Kisame didn’t have the largest chakra capacity, then they would have just said:

Indeed…After all, that jutsu is suitable for you, as you have a large amount of chakra…Kisame.
No if Kisame had the largest it would have been said " You with teh largest amount of chakra in Akatsuki" or something, this wasnt the intending purpose just for people to get an idea on Kisame chakra level.

Quote:
I don’t think that the Akatsuki has a hierarchy to rank its nine members. These are all s-class criminals deserving of equal respect and they would not agree to work under subordination. Sasori and Diedara do not have master/underling relationship and neither do Itachi and Kisame. It only appears that they do because there is an evident difference in their respective power. Each member of the Akatsuki has their own fighting style, but in order to work effectively in a group of two, sometimes one person must take control every now and then.
No, each group has a leader that normally the other follows the desicions of, Kisame is scared of Itachi and Deidara even called Sasori master.

You can't be serious about arguing that.

Quote:
There is no argument that Sasori was strong, I just think I it would be good for the plot if the remaining members of the Akatsuki could prove to be even more of a challenge.
They most likely wil be in the currently scenario, it's just Sasori was even too powerful at that time and had to let himself die anyway.
Old 2006-05-13, 23:12   Link #12
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
No, each group has a leader that normally the other follows the desicions of, Kisame is scared of Itachi and Deidara even called Sasori master.

It's not clear that the groups actually have set ranks. It could be that they're equal partners in the eyes of the Leader, and they just work out the pecking order amongst themselves. I don't think the leader cares who calls the shots, provided they each meet their quota.
Old 2006-05-13, 23:38   Link #13
Airaku
####

Quote:
No if Kisame had the largest it would have been said " You with teh largest amount of chakra in Akatsuki" or something, this wasnt the intending purpose just for people to get an idea on Kisame chakra level.
I keep re-reading what you wrote, but I still can’t see how that quote could be interpreted any differently…

“you have a large amount of chakra” --> Kisame has a lot of chakra
“even for us ‘Akatsuki’…” --> Kisame’s chakra levels are being compared strictly to the chakra levels of other members of the Akatsuki (no one else).

And the results of the comparison: Kisame’s chakra levels are higher than the chakra levels of the other Akatsuki members.
Quote:

Oh, but I am…
Deidara might have called him master, but his actions speak differently. He only listened to Sasori when there wasn’t a conflict in interest.
Spoiler:

Kisame might be afraid of Itachi (and with good reason), but that doesn’t mean he owes him any sort servitude in the long run. I still think that each member is looking out for #1 above all else.
Quote:
They most likely wil be in the currently scenario, it's just Sasori was even too powerful at that time and had to let himself die anyway.
I guess only time will tell, since there is no way I can prove otherwise, I will leave that issue alone.

Old 2006-05-14, 00:29   Link #14
Airaku
####

Furthermore, I think ‘danna’ is this case is being translated to ‘husband’ not necessarily ‘master.’ Given Deidara’s feminine appearance I think he was being both formal and cynical when addressing Sasori. At this point in the manga, the way Deidara addressed Sasori had the purpose of adding to the mystery behind Deidara’s gender.

Old 2006-05-14, 01:52   Link #15
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I keep re-reading what you wrote, but I still can’t see how that quote could be interpreted any differently…

“you have a large amount of chakra” --> Kisame has a lot of chakra
“even for us ‘Akatsuki’…” --> Kisame’s chakra levels are being compared strictly to the chakra levels of other members of the Akatsuki (no one else).

And the results of the comparison: Kisame’s chakra levels are higher than the chakra levels of the other Akatsuki members.
But not Higher than ALL the other akatsuki members see?

It wasn't stated he had the highest amount of all of them just that his chakra amount was one of the highest in akatsuki.

Quote:
Oh, but I am…
Deidara might have called him master, but his actions speak differently. He only listened to Sasori when there wasn’t a conflict in interest.
Quote:
It's not clear that the groups actually have set ranks. It could be that they're equal partners in the eyes of the Leader, and they just work out the pecking order amongst themselves. I don't think the leader cares who calls the shots, provided they each meet their quota.
Right, but Sasori still bossed him around, each team the stronger one is the 'leader' if you will of the 2, he decides what action to take.

And Sasori's tone when Deidara came back form fighting Gaara saying he told him to of been more prepared and not to make him wait.
Quote:
Kisame might be afraid of Itachi (and with good reason), but that doesn’t mean he owes him any sort servitude in the long run. I still think that each member is looking out for #1 above all else.
Yes that's true, but Kisame still follows Itachi's orders (ie when he orders retreat from Jiraiya)

Quote:
Furthermore, I think ‘danna’ is this case is being translated to ‘husband’ not necessarily ‘master.’ Given Deidara’s feminine appearance I think he was being both formal and cynical when addressing Sasori. At this point in the manga, the way Deidara addressed Sasori had the purpose of adding to the mystery behind Deidara’s gender.
I thought only Deidara used the word 'danna' or husband when he told Yuura to watch with Sasori.
Old 2006-05-14, 02:01   Link #16
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
I thought only Deidara used the word 'danna' or husband when he told Yuura to watch with Sasori.
He always uses the word 'danna,' but it has multiple translations. I think husband was a translation error back when people didn't really know what he was talking about(i.e. "Sasori, your husband..."). I really doubt that Deidara is making some sort of joke about his own femininity.
Old 2006-05-14, 02:12   Link #17
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
He always uses the word 'danna,' but it has multiple translations. I think husband was a translation error back when people didn't really know what he was talking about(i.e. "Sasori, your husband..."). I really doubt that Deidara is making some sort of joke about his own femininity.
Oh ok ^^', still in the team Sasori is the master/leader that's quite clear
Old 2006-05-14, 02:14   Link #18
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Oh ok ^^', still in the team Sasori is the master/leader that's quite clear
You do realize you can use the Quote button in the bottom-right of a post to automatically format a quote with the person's name in it, right?
Old 2006-05-14, 02:18   Link #19
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You do realize you can use the Quote button in the bottom-right of a post to automatically format a quote with the person's name in it, right?
I didn't know that but i prefer to just copy/paste and use quote tags, sorry if that makes it diffcult.
Old 2006-05-14, 04:10   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Sasori was the leader over Deidara but not like Itachi over Kisame.
Kisame's only known power is that he has the most chakra in akatsuki, nothing else. Having lot's of chakra is just useless when someone meets stronger people. When Itachi says something Kisame is following him without questions, there's a clear diffenerence in power, but Deidara has always something to argue with Sasori. To me it seems that with the passing of time Deidara surpassed Sasori, and also their powers are just the opposite: Sasori with his low-power tricky moves and Deidara with high-power destruction moves. Deidara is quite strong, i rate him above Kisame.

Kishimoto should have shown us some flashback where Sasori annihilates an entire village. If the anime team had some brain they would make a decent Sasori filler instead of all this nonsense fillers with stupid characters and boring plot. But unfortunately they'll never make such a cool filler.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote