AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-05-14, 05:23   Link #21
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Quote:
Kisame's only known power is that he has the most chakra in akatsuki,
Do you not read posts above? -.-

Quote:
Itachi says something Kisame is following him without questions, there's a clear diffenerence in power, but Deidara has always something to argue with Sasori. To me it seems that with the passing of time Deidara surpassed Sasori, and also their powers are just the opposite: Sasori with his low-power tricky moves and Deidara with high-power destruction moves. Deidara is quite strong, i rate him above Kisame.
Deidara and Sasori seemed on better terms with one another, Itachi is just a quiet cold killer and Kisame is spineless, Sasori is still the master of the 2.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 10:26   Link #22
Zek
Eyebrows...
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Deidara and Sasori seemed on better terms with one another, Itachi is just a quiet cold killer and Kisame is spineless, Sasori is still the master of the 2.
Sasori certainly thought he was the master, but like Airaku said, Deidara only pretends to listen to him when they don't have a conflict of interest. When he wants something himself he doesn't hesitate to disobey Sasori's orders. I personally think Deidara is actually as strong or stronger, and was just humoring Sasori because he's an older and more experienced member. He doesn't seem like the type to pick fights for no reason.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 10:31   Link #23
Rachy
Disabled By Request
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sasuke's lap
Quote:
Sasori certainly thought he was the master, but like Airaku said, Deidara only pretends to listen to him when they don't have a conflict of interest. When he wants something himself he doesn't hesitate to disobey Sasori's orders. I personally think Deidara is actually as strong or stronger, and was just humoring Sasori because he's an older and more experienced member. He doesn't seem like the type to pick fights for no reason.
He wasn't stronger than Sasori because Sasori was the master in the first place, Just because Deidara didn't listen sometimes doesn't mean Deidara's any stronger of course a S rank criminal might disobey sometimes, buy obviously Sasori is stronger than Deidara and was the master of the two.

There is nothing to think that Deidara was stronger than Sasori just because he didn't listen a couple times, he still took orders from him....
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 11:42   Link #24
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Do you not read posts above? -.-
What posts LOL ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Deidara and Sasori seemed on better terms with one another, Itachi is just a quiet cold killer and Kisame is spineless, Sasori is still the master of the 2.
Who cares about personal feelings there, it's about following orders. It does not matter what they think about the other if they have a good teamwork.
I think that they follow orders based on their relative power levels, so that means Kisame clearly knows that Itachi is stronger than him while Deidara has grown very powerful and doesn't want to just follow orders any more. The fact is that Itachi saved Kisame from Jiraiya while Sasori died. Deidara won against Gaara and he almast managed to blow everybody to pieces, he did impress me more than Sasori.
I think 7 years ago when they formed their duo Sasori was much stronger and he was clearly the leader of their team, but in those years Deidara has grown strong as Sasori and he knew that.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 12:52   Link #25
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
Even if he just manipulating the others, that doesn’t mean he is weak.
Well, I was merely stating my opinion, in my day to day, the leader or boss is the one that usually knows less about everything, he only knows who is best in each field, in this case, he knows how to manipulate the pieces correctly, If you translate this into akatsuki, the leader is the one who knows the strength and weakness of each member, but he really is not strong at all, thats is just IMO.

Regarding Sasori in DEeidara, I will think that maybe Deidara could be stronger than Sasori, (Key word could) We have seen everything about Sasori, and we still have to see everything Deidara can do, so there could be room for DEdidara for Kishimoto to develop his character with more Jutsu, Im almost certain that when Deidara is reintroduced he will have his 2 arms again.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 12:53   Link #26
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
But not Higher than ALL the other akatsuki members see?

It wasn't stated he had the highest amount of all of them just that his chakra amount was one of the highest in akatsuki.
Spoiler:

You really had me doubting myself, but I still disagree and at this point I have nothing new to add, so let’s just leave at that.

In any case, just as you implied in your first post, just because a person has more chakra that doesn’t make them the stronger in a group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Right, but Sasori still bossed him around, each team the stronger one is the 'leader' if you will of the 2, he decides what action to take.

And Sasori's tone when Deidara came back form fighting Gaara saying he told him to of been more prepared and not to make him wait.
As I said in a previous post, it’s normal for someone to take charge in a group of two. At one time Sasori might have been the stronger one and he definitely had more experience. Being old school as he is, he probably demanded respect and acknowledged himself as the master, but isn’t possible that Deidara was only humoring Sasori in order to avoid conflict. The fact that they argued so much should be proof enough.

Basically, I just think ‘master’ is too strong of a word to describe their relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
Yes that's true, but Kisame still follows Itachi's orders (ie when he orders retreat from Jiraiya)
Okay, I’ve got no problem with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
He always uses the word 'danna,' but it has multiple translations. I think husband was a translation error back when people didn't really know what he was talking about(i.e. "Sasori, your husband..."). I really doubt that Deidara is making some sort of joke about his own femininity.
Yeah you’re right, I guess I was pulling crap out of my ass and mixing it with logic in order to make the previous argument stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
To me it seems that with the passing of time Deidara surpassed Sasori, and also their powers are just the opposite: Sasori with his low-power tricky moves and Deidara with high-power destruction moves. Deidara is quite strong, i rate him above Kisame.
I agree, I also rated Deidara above Sasori, but I don’t he is stronger than Kisame (only my opinion).
__________________

Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 12:56   Link #27
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Regarding Akatsuki's line of command, I think that until now, it looks like that in the group of 2, there is the commander, and theres is the subordinate (As Itachi seems to be giving orders to Kisame, and Sasori to Deidara), this however does not means it is a fact that there is really an Official organizational chart inside akatsuki.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 13:01   Link #28
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Well, I was merely stating my opinion, in my day to day, the leader or boss is the one that usually knows less about everything, he only knows who is best in each field, in this case, he knows how to manipulate the pieces correctly, If you translate this into akatsuki, the leader is the one who knows the strength and weakness of each member, but he really is not strong at all, thats is just IMO.
But it seems to me that maintaining seniority comes hand in hand with being strong in an organization such as Akatsuki. I don't think that the other Akatsuki members would consent to taking orders from someone weaker than themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Regarding Sasori in DEeidara, I will think that maybe Deidara could be stronger than Sasori, (Key word could) We have seen everything about Sasori, and we still have to see everything Deidara can do, so there could be room for DEdidara for Kishimoto to develop his character with more Jutsu, Im almost certain that when Deidara is reintroduced he will have his 2 arms again.
Yeah, I agree.
__________________

Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 13:17   Link #29
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
But it seems to me that maintaining seniority comes hand in hand with being strong in an organization such as Akatsuki. I don't think that the other Akatsuki members would consent to taking orders from someone weaker than themselves..
Thats just false, because simply put, Been a high Rank than other person in Naruto series does not means this person is stronger than the one with less rank, As NAruto as Genin is stronger than Iruka a Chunin. and as Shikamaru was the leader of the team to save Sasuke, but he was not near the strongest in the group.

Remember, Akatsuki is a group that have a common goal, and internal dispute could mess up with this. So even if someone that is week is giving orders to someone that is strong, they just could respect this, in order to maintain harmony in the organization.

Besides they have Zetzu, I don't think anyone would like to be eaten by him.

One other thing, to the trhead starter, put Manga tag on this, we a re talking abut Akatsuki, and it is proper this should be a MAnaga thread, and not an open Thread. To Change the Title go to advanced edit options and you will find the tittle that you can change it.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 14:09   Link #30
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Thats just false, because simply put, Been a high Rank than other person in Naruto series does not means this person is stronger than the one with less rank, As NAruto as Genin is stronger than Iruka a Chunin. and as Shikamaru was the leader of the team to save Sasuke, but he was not near the strongest in the group.

Remember, Akatsuki is a group that have a common goal, and internal dispute could mess up with this. So even if someone that is week is giving orders to someone that is strong, they just could respect this, in order to maintain harmony in the organization.

Besides they have Zetzu, I don't think anyone would like to be eaten by him.
You are talking about the entire Naruto Series, while I am talking strictly of the Akatsuki organization. These are people that were labeled criminal because they could follow the orders/laws given to them by their former village. I can only assume they considered their villages a restriction on their potential. In this case, the Akatsuki are made up of people that believe that only power spawns authority. This is evident in the way their groups of two operate, the more powerful person takes command and the less powerful follows the other’s lead. I think that unwritten rule applies to the organization as a whole.

Can you say that someone who is weak (having strength equivalent to Shikamaru, Iruka, or even Kabuto) would be allowed to join as one of the nine members of Akatsuki, even more its leader as long that person has good management skills? The entire Akatsuki are made up of capable people, most of them already have the qualities to be a good leader. For example Itachi, he used to captain of an ANBU squad, it would not take him much effort to recognize the strengths and weakness of the others and how it would be best to organize them; what keeps him from taking control of the entire operation?

The Akatsuki members would not follow someone that they did not respect. The only thing that buys respect in this type of group is power.

Zetsu…is creepy…very creepy
__________________

Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 20:40   Link #31
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
You are talking about the entire Naruto Series, while I am talking strictly of the Akatsuki organization. These are people that were labeled criminal because they could follow the orders/laws given to them by their former village. I can only assume they considered their villages a restriction on their potential. In this case, the Akatsuki are made up of people that believe that only power spawns authority. This is evident in the way their groups of two operate, the more powerful person takes command and the less powerful follows the other’s lead. I think that unwritten rule applies to the organization as a whole.
The tiers of Power in Akatsuki we need to take in consideration this questions:

A)How does the leader keeps control over 9 Criminals.?

B) Why they follow order from the leader?

C)we don't know the real difference in levels in Akatsuki, the gap between member could be huge, or there are no Gap at all, where any one vs the other can win.

d)If we go by the idea that Those criminals can only follow orders from someone stronger than them, why they follow order in Akatsuki? those NInja revealed themselves for whatever reason, but they were not even the strongest in those village, if your logic where accurate, then they will had still been following orders from the Kage that was strongest than them in the villages, in this case I'm taking the most clear example of Oro and Itachi.

Its simple, I think that theres is mutual agreement between each one of them, even if this criminals are receiving order for a higher person in power, what can assure the leader that this criminal would not do the same they did on theor respective villages? Its just as JIraya said, Its hard to belive this group of Ninjas are working together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
Can you say that someone who is weak (having strength equivalent to Shikamaru, Iruka, or even Kabuto) would be allowed to join as one of the nine members of Akatsuki, even more its leader as long that person has good management skills? The entire Akatsuki are made up of capable people, most of them already have the qualities to be a good leader. For example Itachi, he used to captain of an ANBU squad, it would not take him much effort to recognize the strengths and weakness of the others and how it would be best to organize them; what keeps him from taking control of the entire operation?

The Akatsuki members would not follow someone that they did not respect. The only thing that buys respect in this type of group is power.
And I don't agree that Respect or following order is directly tied to power, because the reason they deserted there Villages was not because they where given orders, it because the ideals if their villages were totally different from the ones they had, as I said before if it was only respect trough power, Orochimaru would have not left Konoha, Itahci neither.

Now, I can use an example, (Of course base on an assumption) In the case of Dediara and Sasori, if Dedidara happens to be stronger than Sasori, then we can say power is not that important to decide team leaders.

AS Long as you have cunning people that knows exactly how to pull this strings of other, then the power its not a necessity, besides maybe each member could be stronger than another member, but I just don't think there is a huge difference in term of strength, just as the same the Sannin are in the same level are closely equal in strength if not completely equal. Now they could decide team captain base on how many years they have in Akatsuki.

Now, I say that the leader is the weakest, because I have a theory that he is manipulating those Akatsuki member to get power by himself, Maybe he promised them something but what he is going to do is take all the youmas and seal them inside him, becoming the most powerful been in the galaxy.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 23:28   Link #32
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
I’m pretty sure you caught this, but I’ll mention it anyway: “These are people that were labeled criminal because they could follow the orders/laws given to them by their former village.” What meant to say “could not follow…” Sorry, I must have overlooked it, anyway…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
The tiers of Power in Akatsuki we need to take in consideration this questions:

A)How does the leader keeps control over 9 Criminals.?

B) Why they follow order from the leader?

C)we don't know the real difference in levels in Akatsuki, the gap between member could be huge, or there are no Gap at all, where any one vs the other can win.
Right, there are numerous possibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
d)If we go by the idea that Those criminals can only follow orders from someone stronger than them, why they follow order in Akatsuki? those NInja revealed themselves for whatever reason, but they were not even the strongest in those village, if your logic where accurate, then they will had still been following orders from the Kage that was strongest than them in the villages, in this case I'm taking the most clear example of Oro and Itachi.

Its simple, I think that theres is mutual agreement between each one of them, even if this criminals are receiving order for a higher person in power, what can assure the leader that this criminal would not do the same they did on theor respective villages? Its just as JIraya said, Its hard to belive this group of Ninjas are working together.
I wasn’t too clear about my logic. An Akatsuki member will probably take orders from someone who is stronger than them, if there is a conflict of interest or “ideals” then they will chose the path that best fits their goals; such as when each member abandon their respective nations.

The point I was trying to stress was that they would not take orders from someone weaker than themselves. However, there is an exception to this, if the weaker party has something that the stronger party wants then the stronger might agree to exchange their service for that ‘something,’ for example money or information. I don’t think at all that the Akatsuki are mercenaries, they are not about gaining money, but power. For the sake of argument, let’s say the leader is weak and has information crucial to the operation, such as knowledge about how to extract a demon from a jinchuuriki or anything along those lines. In exchange for his help the other Akatsuki members cooperate and gives their help; a mutual agreement with mutual benefits. However, in the Narutoverse there are various methods of interrogation, especially effective against someone that is weak. The first thought that goes through the mind of criminal when there is something that they want is not “Let’s make a deal!” When a criminal wants something he/she first tries to take it by force. When taking things by force is not an option (the leader is strong) then they consider making a transaction.

It is obvious that members of the Akatsuki have a mutual agreement; this is because they have concluded that trying to overpower each other will accomplish nothing. They each (including the leader) have relatively equal strength, so each has something to contribute to the common goal. A member who is weak is useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
And I don't agree that Respect or following order is directly tied to power, because the reason they deserted there Villages was not because they where given orders, it because the ideals if their villages were totally different from the ones they had, as I said before if it was only respect trough power, Orochimaru would have not left Konoha, Itahci neither.
Another misunderstanding… “The only thing that buys respect in this type of group is power.” I was saying there are no other things aside from power that buy respect for this type of group. I never said that if you have power, respect will be guaranteed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Now, I can use an example, (Of course base on an assumption) In the case of Dediara and Sasori, if Dedidara happens to be stronger than Sasori, then we can say power is not that important to decide team leaders.
Isn’t it possible that when the teams were decided Sasori was more powerful that Deidara. But in order to determine who is the most powerful now they would have to compete with each other and this would only cause unnecessary aggression; disrupting efficient teamwork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
AS Long as you have cunning people that knows exactly how to pull this strings of other, then the power its not a necessity, besides maybe each member could be stronger than another member, but I just don't think there is a huge difference in term of strength, just as the same the Sannin are in the same level are closely equal in strength if not completely equal. Now they could decide team captain base on how many years they have in Akatsuki.
You have to remember that the Akatsuki are cunning people themselves, do you really think they would not realize when someone is simply pulling their strings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Now, I say that the leader is the weakest, because I have a theory that he is manipulating those Akatsuki member to get power by himself, Maybe he promised them something but what he is going to do is take all the youmas and seal them inside him, becoming the most powerful been in the galaxy.
I too think the leader is manipulating the others in order to get all the power for himself, still that doesn’t mean he is weak, just greedy.
I think a major factor in our argument is just how weak you think the leader is, if you were to compare his strength to anyone else in manga who would be the closest match in your opinion?
I’ll definitely admit that your theory is possible (most anything is possible), but IMO highly unlikely.

Also do you realize that you frequently say ‘been’ where you should be saying ‘being’
__________________


Last edited by Airaku; 2006-05-15 at 01:58.
Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 02:08   Link #33
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
I said earlier that “A member who is weak is useless” and that is not necessarily true. What I should’ve said is that a member who is weak is expendable.
__________________

Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 08:49   Link #34
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
I’m pretty sure you caught this, but I’ll mention it anyway: “These are people that were labeled criminal because they could follow the orders/laws given to them by their former village.” What meant to say “could not follow…” Sorry, I must have overlooked it, anyway…

Yes I did noticed it.

Quote:
Right, there are numerous possibilities.
at least we agrre on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
I wasn’t too clear about my logic. An Akatsuki member will probably take orders from someone who is stronger than them, if there is a conflict of interest or “ideals” then they will chose the path that best fits their goals; such as when each member abandon their respective nations


The point I was trying to stress was that they would not take orders from someone weaker than themselves. However, there is an exception to this, if the weaker party has something that the stronger party wants then the stronger might agree to exchange their service for that ‘something,’ for example money or information. I don’t think at all that the Akatsuki are mercenaries, they are not about gaining money, but power. For the sake of argument, let’s say the leader is weak and has information crucial to the operation, such as knowledge about how to extract a demon from a jinchuuriki or anything along those lines. In exchange for his help the other Akatsuki members cooperate and gives their help; a mutual agreement with mutual benefits. However, in the Narutoverse there are various methods of interrogation, especially effective against someone that is weak. The first thought that goes through the mind of criminal when there is something that they want is not “Let’s make a deal!” When a criminal wants something he/she first tries to take it by force. When taking things by force is not an option (the leader is strong) then they consider making a transaction.
I get your observation, but still, as an organization of criminals even if the leader would be the strongest, the criminals (Because all of them are just selfish bastards) would had tried to do this, try to take over, Kill the leader etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
Another misunderstanding… “The only thing that buys respect in this type of group is power.” I was saying there are no other things aside from power that buy respect for this type of group. I never said that if you have power, respect will be guaranteed.
And that’s why I say they do not follow orders from the other because He or She is stronger, but because they just want to accomplish their goals, So parting from this, not necessary the leader have to be strongest to be given them orders, heck he just get them together say I have this, I’m X persons, you all know me I’m the only one capable of doing this, work with me, And I will give you more power. In this case, there Ideas of receiving order from a weaker person is overlooked, because their power hunger would be bigger than their ego, except -it seems - for Orochimaru.

Quote:
Isn’t it possible that when the teams were decided Sasori was more powerful that Deidara. But in order to determine who is the most powerful now they would have to compete with each other and this would only cause unnecessary aggression; disrupting efficient teamwork.
I rather say my theory is wrong and believe the leader is the strongest, that to believe that there is some sort of Akatsuki tournament, A Competition between egomaniacs could be worst than anything, because the one who lost, would not be satisfied, and thus will try to look for a way of getting to the one who beat him.

Quote:
You have to remember that the Akatsuki are cunning people themselves, do you really think they would not realize when someone is simply pulling their strings?

I too think the leader is manipulating the others in order to get all the power for himself, still that doesn’t mean he is weak, just greedy.
I really think That the Leader is pulling the strings, those Akatsukians knows he is doing it, but what they do not know if the leader has a hidden agenda. And think about it, those Akatsuki members or are either too stupid, or too trustworthy. The leader is collecting all the youmas in a Summon only he can call (or it seems so) what guarantees the Akatskians have that the leader wont keep them for himself?


Quote:
I think a major factor in our argument is just how weak you think the leader is, if you were to compare his strength to anyone else in manga who would be the closest match in your opinion?
I’ll definitely admit that your theory is possible (most anything is possible), but IMO highly unlikely.
Well, the crux of my argument is not saying that Leader is Iruka strong (hey maybe the leader is Iruka who has a grudge over the pass because he has like 3000 years been a Chunin), I just place him in the bottom order of Akatsukil level, in this case I will say he is Close enough to what a Sannin is in power.

Also, I once said that I think each member are equal, but each other specializes in a specific filed, making it imposible to determine who is strongest unless they get to fight, like itahci is the Genjutsu specialist (No one is strnger than Him in Akatsuki), Sasori is puppetts and poison, Deidara in explosives, Kisame the powerhouse, The Leader in sealing jutsus, and Zertsu for scouting and ermmmm….ummmm, eating people.

All of this is is we belive that Akatsuki is doing this because they want power, maybe Akatsuki is doing this to get rid of the youmas, and bring balance to power in the universe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airaku
Also do you realize that you frequently say ‘been’ where you should be saying ‘being’
I notice it, but I’m just too lazy and tied up with other post to edit it.

Quote:
I said earlier that “A member who is weak is useless” and that is not necessarily true. What I should’ve said is that a member who is weak is expendable.
That why we know that Akatsuki has requisites to becoming a member, as Sasori mention it, as a way weak persons can’t become a member. So the weakest one in akatsuki (even if it not the leader), is above average in term of ability (we have to see it in abilities, because Ninja like Deidara seems weak when they fight in close range)
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-05-15 at 09:05.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 13:59   Link #35
Ichimaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I reckon some of the members are around sanin age or a 10-15 years younger then the sanin. I dont think the akatsuki members are that strong.
__________________
SHINSOU
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 14:05   Link #36
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru
I reckon some of the members are around sanin age or a 10-15 years younger then the sanin. I dont think the akatsuki members are that strong.
Well, if you see the statistic right now, 50% of the members shown are on the same level of the Sannin (being one of those a Sannin himself) while the other 50% is close to this level.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 15:20   Link #37
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
i honestly don't think that deidara was stronger than sasori. he has a lot of destructive force, but i think if the two fought one on one, sasori would win. i mean the puppet guy destroyed a country for christ sakes. plus he only lost to sakura and the old hag because he let himself lose. throughout the entire fight he had the advantage. also, i think deidara even admitted to team 7 that sasori was the stronger of the two. if i'm wrong about this you can brand me, but i'm fairly certain he said this.
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 15:32   Link #38
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato_D
i mean the puppet guy destroyed a country for christ sakes.
It was not one of the big 5. And remember that Gaara saved his village from total destruction by Deidara's biggest bomb. I know that the bomb would have destroyed all the average people and i guess also the genins but not the jounins and strong ninja. But even if Baki and others near his level survive we can say that Deidara's bomb has demolished one of the 5 big villages.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 20:54   Link #39
Airaku
####
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
I get your observation, but still, as an organization of criminals even if the leader would be the strongest, the criminals (Because all of them are just selfish bastards) would had tried to do this, try to take over, Kill the leader etc.
Good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
And that’s why I say they do not follow orders from the other because He or She is stronger, but because they just want to accomplish their goals, So parting from this, not necessary the leader have to be strongest to be given them orders, heck he just get them together say I have this, I’m X persons, you all know me I’m the only one capable of doing this, work with me, And I will give you more power. In this case, there Ideas of receiving order from a weaker person is overlooked, because their power hunger would be bigger than their ego, except -it seems - for Orochimaru.
I guess that’s true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
I rather say my theory is wrong and believe the leader is the strongest, that to believe that there is some sort of Akatsuki tournament, A Competition between egomaniacs could be worst than anything, because the one who lost, would not be satisfied, and thus will try to look for a way of getting to the one who beat him.
Right, it would cause unnecessary aggression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
I really think That the Leader is pulling the strings, those Akatsukians knows he is doing it, but what they do not know if the leader has a hidden agenda. And think about it, those Akatsuki members or are either too stupid, or too trustworthy. The leader is collecting all the youmas in a Summon only he can call (or it seems so) what guarantees the Akatskians have that the leader wont keep them for himself?
I don’t think that the Akatsuki members are neither stupid nor too trustworthy. These members before they entered this organization were typically reclusive and used to not relying on others. They are criminals and there are people out to get them, especially if they have a bounty. Letting their guard for even a moment could get them killed; trust sometimes is not an option. Also, I’m sure that each of them has had the same thought cross their minds, “Hmm…wouldn’t it be nice if I could keep all youmas’ power for myself?” If it is the leader intentions to monopolize all the power, which it likely is, then that would be a situation that the other Akatsuki members would probably have already anticipated. The leader would have to have an extremely clever ploy in order to trick them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Well, the crux of my argument is not saying that Leader is Iruka strong (hey maybe the leader is Iruka who has a grudge over the pass because he has like 3000 years been a Chunin), I just place him in the bottom order of Akatsukil level, in this case I will say he is Close enough to what a Sannin is in power.
There’s the rub, when you said weak I thought you meant a high level jounin at most. In that case, the leader could be weaker than the other, but I think the gap in their strengths would have to small. However, if the gap is small, it is relatively insignificant and deciding whether one is stronger than the other becomes a lot more complicated.

If the leader does turn out to be weak, it would be an interesting turn of events and a change from the cliché, strongest of the bunch. I still would like to think that the Akatsuki characters we haven’t seen in action yet will prove to be even more challenging as the manga progresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Also, I once said that I think each member are equal, but each other specializes in a specific filed, making it imposible to determine who is strongest unless they get to fight, like itahci is the Genjutsu specialist (No one is strnger than Him in Akatsuki), Sasori is puppetts and poison, Deidara in explosives, Kisame the powerhouse, The Leader in sealing jutsus, and Zertsu for scouting and ermmmm….ummmm, eating people.
That also makes sense.There are too many unknown variables, which can throw a fight any direction. There even random and unforeseeable variables, which could be taken into account. Like I said, it’s too complicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
All of this is is we belive that Akatsuki is doing this because they want power, maybe Akatsuki is doing this to get rid of the youmas, and bring balance to power in the universe?
LOL, a public service—the Akatsuki are so selfless.
Akatsuki team motto: “For all of mankind, we of the Red Cloud, are dedicated to a bright and beautiful tomorrow…HARMONY AND BALANCE FOREVER!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
That why we know that Akatsuki has requisites to becoming a member, as Sasori mention it, as a way weak persons can’t become a member. So the weakest one in akatsuki (even if it not the leader), is above average in term of ability (we have to see it in abilities, because Ninja like Deidara seems weak when they fight in close range)

Perhaps, it’s just too early to rank the Akatsuki when we still know so little about them. All we can do is give our best guess based on what we do know and our own personal preferences.
__________________


Last edited by Airaku; 2006-05-16 at 02:34.
Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 06:04   Link #40
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Am I the only one realizing the fact that Sasori was virtually unkillable in a real combat? Sakura had antidotes, and she even had Chiyo sneaking her through loopholes in Sasori's attacks. Chiyo also healed her in the end. Chiyo produced puppets to help Sakura out.

I doubt ANYONE in Narutoverse could have gone toe-to-toe versus Sasori and won. He doesnt die. It takes so much to kill him. He lost after he lost interest in the battle. Nothign stopped him from summoning another Hitokugutsu. Instead he opted to summon subpar puppets and then go into the assault himself.


He killed himself as far as Im concerned. Sasori earns #1 for deadliest Akatsuki for me.
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.