AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-17, 22:45   Link #61
Naruto's_girl
Hinata and Naruto
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: No where. I'm a figment of your imagination.............
Orochimaru was pretty far down there because Itachi, Deiadra, and others were pretty much stronger. He wants sasuke so he can get closer to being at the same level as Itachi. Itachi was the reason Orochimaru left Akatsuki.
__________________
No one missing me...
Naruto's_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 22:53   Link #62
Hir0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
on the otherhand, i reckon Oro would be pretty high. Itachi and Kisame feared Jiraiya back in ep 84 or 85. They were forced to sorta run away. Im pretty sure that Oro is stronger than Jiraiya.

Spoiler for Manga:

Last edited by Hir0; 2006-11-17 at 23:52.
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 22:55   Link #63
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto's_girl View Post
Orochimaru was pretty far down there because Itachi, Deiadra, and others were pretty much stronger. He wants sasuke so he can get closer to being at the same level as Itachi. Itachi was the reason Orochimaru left Akatsuki.
If you think Deidara was at Itachi's level (which is an insult to Itachi's strength) just to compare Oro to them, then you are highly mistaken. Oro's weakness vs. Itachi does not tell anything about how strong/weak Oro is compared to the others.

Also, Oro doesn't want Sasuke's body to become closer to Itachi's level, that is what Sasuke uses to make it easier for himself to integrate into the spirit called Oro. Oro would want Sasuke regardless of Itachi's presence, just like he wanted Itachi's body even before he confronted Itachi. It is not about strength the way you think of (for instance MS), it is mostly related to one aspect of Sharingan (making copying/learning jutsus a lot more easier).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 23:20   Link #64
Naruto's_girl
Hinata and Naruto
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: No where. I'm a figment of your imagination.............
Chhhhhhhhh what ever people.
__________________
No one missing me...
Naruto's_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 12:21   Link #65
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I'd say the AL, followed by zetsu, and followed by the unknown member. The akatsuki teams are built to try and complement and maximize the individuals. Itachi and kisame are good examples. One is technique based, and the other uses mostly force. Hidan and Kakuzu are an even better example. Hidan is immortal and kakuzu seems to kill all his partners. Deidara and Sasori were the final pair we knew about and they too show this principle. I list the AL, zetsu, and the unknown member because apparently, those 3 seem to not need a partner at all. Zetsu works on his own (though he seems to be 2 people), the AL, if he works, does it on his own, and so far the unknown character hasn't had to get his hands dirty so he's probably really good.

You can't really bother ranking the remaining 6. Don't even bother. How can you say the Itachi/Kisame combo will defeat the kakuzu/hidan combo? For one thing, kakuzu/hidan took out the demon cat in its demon cat form and presumably didn't use a summon either. And who's to say how strong kakuzu gets when he's completely insane with rage? And we really don't know just how "immortal" hidan is.The same goes for Kisame and Itachi. We don't know what Kisame's ultimate jutsu was and so far Itachi's ultimate jutsu has some serious drawbacks to it. And all the main characters in naruto seem to have some way to take their abilities, to the next level. Itachi has his MS, Gai has his gates, Sasuke has his curse seal, ands on. Who's to say anything about tobi, deidara, or really anyone in akatsuki. I personally couldn't rank any of the individual akatsuki members. After all, if I had to choose the winner between gaara and deidara, I'd have picked gaara, but look how it turned out.
__________________
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 22:30   Link #66
PervySama
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Yu I guess you are right, I was resiliant in where to put him in, that I even Forgot to place him in a spot
I disagree with you guys. I think sasori was one of the best. He let himself die as the old woman said. The old woman was real good as it was anyway.
PervySama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 09:13   Link #67
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
1. AL
2. Oro
3. Itachi
4. and so on..............

Oro's hokage summoning technique is enough to rip itachi apart, enough said
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 13:13   Link #68
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma View Post
1. AL
2. Oro
3. Itachi
4. and so on..............

Oro's hokage summoning technique is enough to rip itachi apart, enough said

Do you mean Manda or the Edo Tensei technique?

You can pretty much assume that Manda can only be summoned to face other boss level summons and even an out-of-his-prime 3rd Hokage could hold his own against the Edo Tensei summons.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 15:59   Link #69
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
but the 3rd was revered as a God! Besides I think its all about who you choose to revive. The 1st and the 2nd hokage were chosen for symbolic reasons, to get that family vs family thing going. However in truth, its possible there were stronger ninja to pick from. I'm trying to say that its possible for oro to summon anyone. I think a fitting puppet for him would be sasori for example. Think about it. Its kinda funny really. Sasori tried all his life to get as close to being a puppet and it'd be ironic that his arch enemy orochimaru finally turns him into one.
__________________
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 17:28   Link #70
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no Tate
but the 3rd was revered as a God! Besides I think its all about who you choose to revive. The 1st and the 2nd hokage were chosen for symbolic reasons, to get that family vs family thing going. However in truth, its possible there were stronger ninja to pick from. I'm trying to say that its possible for oro to summon anyone. I think a fitting puppet for him would be sasori for example. Think about it. Its kinda funny really. Sasori tried all his life to get as close to being a puppet and it'd be ironic that his arch enemy orochimaru finally turns him into one.
But the 3rd was on the decline when he faced the 1st and 2nd Hokages, while Itachi is arguably strong as or even surpasses the 3rd and he might not have even reached his prime yet. It could be true what you said about there being stronger ninja to summon, but if that were case, it seems that Oro could summon an undead army of Kage-level ninja to deal with Akatsuki. Or, if he could summon Manda to do his bidding, have him deal with Akatsuki. I don't think Oro's summons give him the ability to defeat Itachi.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 23:57   Link #71
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You guys are all wrong.

Sasori tops the list, to begin with.
Deidara makes second place.
Itachi/Oro fight for third. Ild give it to Itachi though, even though I hate him.
The rest are insignificant trash.

Sasori's immortality combined with his various delivery source of a very lethal poison won him the number one spot. Lets not forget the fact that he has access to the jutsus his puppets know / knew. Even bloodline abilities. Eg. If he shanked Itachi and killed him ... he would have MS at his disposal, just to give you an idea of what he's capable of.
Sasori is one bad mofo. Noone in Akatsuki can kill him off, really.



Deidara wins spot two because of his area damage potential. Unless you get the hell away from the battlefield lickety split ... Kakuzu would need to specialize in sewing up molecules together to fix up his opponent..


Orochimaru is just an effing beast. I dare anyone to counter this point. Same goes for Itachi.
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 01:04   Link #72
cheese4u
da big boss
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
You guys are all wrong.

Sasori tops the list, to begin with.
Deidara makes second place.
Itachi/Oro fight for third. Ild give it to Itachi though, even though I hate him.
The rest are insignificant trash.

Sasori's immortality combined with his various delivery source of a very lethal poison won him the number one spot. Lets not forget the fact that he has access to the jutsus his puppets know / knew. Even bloodline abilities. Eg. If he shanked Itachi and killed him ... he would have MS at his disposal, just to give you an idea of what he's capable of.
Sasori is one bad mofo. Noone in Akatsuki can kill him off, really.



Deidara wins spot two because of his area damage potential. Unless you get the hell away from the battlefield lickety split ... Kakuzu would need to specialize in sewing up molecules together to fix up his opponent..


Orochimaru is just an effing beast. I dare anyone to counter this point. Same goes for Itachi.
If I recall the so called invinsible sasori got his ass kicked by a little girl and someones grandmother.
__________________
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 01:28   Link #73
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
You guys are all wrong.

Sasori tops the list, to begin with.
Deidara makes second place.
Itachi/Oro fight for third. Ild give it to Itachi though, even though I hate him.
The rest are insignificant trash.

Sasori's immortality combined with his various delivery source of a very lethal poison won him the number one spot. Lets not forget the fact that he has access to the jutsus his puppets know / knew. Even bloodline abilities. Eg. If he shanked Itachi and killed him ... he would have MS at his disposal, just to give you an idea of what he's capable of.
Sasori is one bad mofo. Noone in Akatsuki can kill him off, really.



Deidara wins spot two because of his area damage potential. Unless you get the hell away from the battlefield lickety split ... Kakuzu would need to specialize in sewing up molecules together to fix up his opponent..


Orochimaru is just an effing beast. I dare anyone to counter this point. Same goes for Itachi.
Meh. Sasori is quite strong I'll give you that. But I wouldn't put him above Oro or Itachi. His "immortality" is really not much different than Oro's. He sacrificed his natural body for a false one, it didn't grant him invulnerability. His poison is really his most lethal technique, which can be delivered through the 3rd Kazekage's Iron Sand Jutsu. However, most skilled ninja can dodge this without too much trouble. The second way the poison can be delivered, which is through gas, can also be avoided if the area is wide enough for the gas to dissipate quickly. Otherwise, the opponent could use Doton jutsu to go underground to avoid the gas. Once Sasori removes his outer shell, his weakness becomes obvious, especially to someone who can see chakra activity such as Itachi. Oro would be smart enough to realize the weak spot almost immediately since that is where all the chakra threads to control the puppets emerge from. Oro could pierce the weak spot with the Kusanagi or Itachi could target it with Amaterasu.


Deidara really becomes a problem once he becomes airborne. That's when he can use his most powerful explosions and it also gives him the advantage of being out of reach of most jutsu. So, if one knew how he fought it'd simply be a matter of not letting him create the giant bird to fly with in the first place. But if he entered the battle on the clay bird, then he would be a real problem. However, Itachi could still target Deidara with Amaterasu from long range like Kakashi did (Itachi's MS activates instantly though, unlike Kakashi's). If it hit, the damage would be fatal. Orochimaru would have a harder time, but he can stretch his body to unbelievable lengths. The kusanagi sword can also extend to an unknown limit so out-of-reach problem would be lessened for him.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 07:12   Link #74
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
If I recall the so called invinsible sasori got his ass kicked by a little girl and someones grandmother.
You forget that this little girl and someone's grandmother was essentially the only pairing in the entire show that could even have a chance. And for the record, he could have finished them off, but he didnt even show us 1 / 10th of his arsenal capacities. And the fact that he LET himself die is enough proof that even this so-called dreamteam couldnt stop him if he didnt want to be stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
Meh. Sasori is quite strong I'll give you that. But I wouldn't put him above Oro or Itachi. His "immortality" is really not much different than Oro's. He sacrificed his natural body for a false one, it didn't grant him invulnerability. His poison is really his most lethal technique, which can be delivered through the 3rd Kazekage's Iron Sand Jutsu. However, most skilled ninja can dodge this without too much trouble. The second way the poison can be delivered, which is through gas, can also be avoided if the area is wide enough for the gas to dissipate quickly. Otherwise, the opponent could use Doton jutsu to go underground to avoid the gas. Once Sasori removes his outer shell, his weakness becomes obvious, especially to someone who can see chakra activity such as Itachi. Oro would be smart enough to realize the weak spot almost immediately since that is where all the chakra threads to control the puppets emerge from. Oro could pierce the weak spot with the Kusanagi or Itachi could target it with Amaterasu.
Lol. Heres a little math for you to crunch. How many delivery methods of poison did we see?

-Weapons / Traps on Self
- Gas on Self
- Weapons / Traps on all puppets (at least 100, most likely more)
- Gas on puppets (at least 100, most likely more)

The least optimistic calculations put that as 101 x 2 = 202 separate methods of delivering the poison, not counting / assuming the fact theres multiple gas and puppet weapons per puppet.

We havent even considered his bloodline ability control via puppet. And the fact is, Sasori didnt need to use the Iron Sand to kill. It can be used to bait someone into a trap where they can easily be gassed or hit by a needle / kunai for poison win.

Sasori can mass swarm any opponent, and all the speed in the world cant save you if 101 individual targets attack you with the possibility of being able to kill you on scratch. And what you say is just like assuming a ninja can easily hit the opponent's heart / brain and finish them off. So why isnt it done all the time then?

We havent even discussed the fact that all the 101 attackers can be synced and counted as one brain since they are all controlled by the same mind. Sasori is someone in my most honest opinion that if he survived that battle, it would mean theres essentially no way to kill him.
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 07:20   Link #75
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Deidara really becomes a problem once he becomes airborne. That's when he can use his most powerful explosions and it also gives him the advantage of being out of reach of most jutsu. So, if one knew how he fought it'd simply be a matter of not letting him create the giant bird to fly with in the first place. But if he entered the battle on the clay bird, then he would be a real problem. However, Itachi could still target Deidara with Amaterasu from long range like Kakashi did (Itachi's MS activates instantly though, unlike Kakashi's). If it hit, the damage would be fatal. Orochimaru would have a harder time, but he can stretch his body to unbelievable lengths. The kusanagi sword can also extend to an unknown limit so out-of-reach problem would be lessened for him.
1.) You make it sound like Deidara is incapable of closerange combat. You havent considered the fact that he has very good decoying techniques, and he could very well blow up the entire battlefield in a split second. He can use smaller level explosives to cripple his target. Make some spider bombs or something. Hes just adept in close and long range. Meaning theres no safe range for the opponent.

2.) Its not proven that Amaretsu is rangeless nor instant. We saw him go through a blink-step, which anyone who has seen him use Amaretsu before would know whats coming next and get to hopping / decoying / whatever.

3.) Right. As Oro is extending his sword / arm, Deidara will just sit there making no offensive, defensive or bait moves. Im sure thats why he is an Akatsuki member. He doesnt now how to fight ...
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 09:28   Link #76
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I see alot of people are underestimating Deidara. He is easily one of the most powerful Akatsuki members we have seen so far who can easily fight anyone (including the 4th hokage) except for maybe Itachi.

He is fast.
He is airborne.
He has attacks that can level down countries.
He can take alot of damage.
He has been given the hardest Akatsuki missions uptodate. End of discussion.
He either has morons of a partner (Tobi) or partners who couldn't care less what happened to him (Sasori). In other words, he is the only Akatsuki member who fights by himself.

With that said though, this is my latest rankings:

1. Itachi (Cuz of Hack eyes) / AL (only to give him credit by default)
2. Orochimaru
3. Deidara (I would probably rank him 2nd, but Orochimaru has to have some trick)
4. Sasori (Sasori could beat alot of people easily, but can't see him beating Deidara)
...
9. Hidan (He is fairly good 1 on 1, but in any serious battle he will end up in a state where he can't do anything)
10. Tobi
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a mod because it exceeded the size limit as was requested in our forum rules. Please take a look at it.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 10:30   Link #77
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
I see alot of people are underestimating Deidara. He is easily one of the most powerful Akatsuki members we have seen so far who can easily fight anyone (including the 4th hokage) except for maybe Itachi.

He is fast.
He is airborne.
He has attacks that can level down countries.
He can take alot of damage.
He has been given the hardest Akatsuki missions uptodate. End of discussion.
He either has morons of a partner (Tobi) or partners who couldn't care less what happened to him (Sasori). In other words, he is the only Akatsuki member who fights by himself.

With that said though, this is my latest rankings:

1. Itachi (Cuz of Hack eyes) / AL (only to give him credit by default)
2. Orochimaru
3. Deidara (I would probably rank him 2nd, but Orochimaru has to have some trick)
4. Sasori (Sasori could beat alot of people easily, but can't see him beating Deidara)
...
9. Hidan (He is fairly good 1 on 1, but in any serious battle he will end up in a state where he can't do anything)
10. Tobi

Actually Deidara I hadnt properly considered as an opponent for Sasori. He could blow the puppets up before they touch him via suicide kamikaze switch.

I dont think even Itachi might be able to beat Deidara due to his range and tricks.

Orochimaru is SO NOT SECOND. Im as big a fanboy for the snaky bastard as you, if not more. But realistically theres no way he could take on Deidara or Sasori. Sadly.
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 12:59   Link #78
Half Demon
Wanted D or A 300,000,000
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Sasori (Sasori could beat alot of people easily, but can't see him beating Deidara)
Why would they fight togther, they are travelling in the same boat and i guess sasori had much power to wipe out deidera because he defeated the strongest kazekage of the sand village.
Half Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 16:21   Link #79
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Demon View Post
Why would they fight togther, they are travelling in the same boat and i guess sasori had much power to wipe out deidera because he defeated the strongest kazekage of the sand village.

Sasori vs Deidara is one thats all down to the factors / numbers.

Sasori only needs to scratch Deidara to win, yet Deidara has the ability to blow up the puppets before they get close enough to do anything to him, depending on his supply of clay. Its all down to some factors we cant decide offhand like this.
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 19:23   Link #80
gameoffreak8
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Here is my guessing on rank of Akatsuki:
1. Leader
2. Oro
3. Itachi
4. Sasori
5. Kisame
6. Deidara
7. Hidan
8. Unknown memeber
9. Kakuzu
10. Zetsu
11. Tobi
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.