AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 68 36.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 32.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-16, 21:56   Link #81
Dakota
disregard that (″-)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Episode seven had a whole lot of good in it.

Although very confusing, since Haruhi decides to make her episodes in non-chronological order.

But anyway, the battle scene was pretty sweet with Itsuki's and Yuki's powers. Their stock just went way up.

Also: wtf is up with the Scarab? It was funny, but it was like when I was playing Pokemon, and I'm about to beat Gary for the 189274123644th time, and he uses a potion, and kills me. ):
Old 2006-05-16, 21:57   Link #82
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Anyway, Itsuki's that cool he belongs in his own anime spin-off. He could fight giant bugs, and of course play board games.
Actually thats Itsuki's uncool part lol, Kyon(in the novel) said that he has super powers and fight monsters but is bad at board games. Itsuki almost never wins against Kyon.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 22:43   Link #83
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
That scarab thing was just RANDOM XDDDDD

I enjoyed this episode except for the fact it was hard to follow ... and I didn't really understand what caused everything (and how Kimidori was controlled).

If you pay attention, Haruhi divulges what she used Mikuru's first maid pictures for.

Also, the preview was really funny what with her talking about Kyon's evil (I think Haruhi is just excited to see him shirtless again :P)

PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 22:49   Link #84
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
One of the funniest episodes yet my chest was seriously hurting by the end. I think i almost died when Kyon tells the Esper "Dont use a serious a tone, Dont breath on me,your face is really close,your freaking me out," Did anyone else notice that Kyon's sarcastic remarks extra funny in this one i think he was one of the best things about the episode those inner monologs of his are so damn funny?

Spoiler for Kyon gets a workout:

I know im not the only one who caught the full metal refrences during

Spoiler for First one:

Spoiler for Second one:

Spoiler for Face of an angel:
Old 2006-05-16, 23:05   Link #85
tritoch

Kyon's monologue stays extremely funny as always.. I've rewatched it a couple of times now.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 23:11   Link #86
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Am I the only person who noticed that Haruhi responds to Kyon's monologue at about 2:55? I've never seen her do that before, has she been doing it a lot?

I'm pretty sure it's a monologue, he's speaking in his "monologue voice".

Kyon was A+++++++++++ this episode.
Old 2006-05-16, 23:19   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I figure at some point Kyon is going to massively screw up and voice his inner dialogue....

"Did I just say that out loud?"

Seriously, it takes some work for Kyon's VA to "italicize" his inner monolog so I wouldn't be surprised if it slips a bit ... I can think of a few times when i wasn't quite sure whether Kyon was speaking or thinking.
Old 2006-05-16, 23:27   Link #88
arcticphoenix16

that's in the original novel too. Some of kyon's comments don't have quotations around them, so you think they're inner monologues. But they're actually said out loud since Haruhi replies to them. It's either Haruhi has mind reading powers, or it's done purposely that way so we don't have to hear kyon talk on and on.

As for the episode, it was a lot funnier than the last one. Some highlights were:

Haruhi: I was planning to attract visitors with erotic images of mikuru-chan

Haruhi: yes i know exactly how you feel
Kyon: don't lie, you have absolutely no idea what it feels like to be in love

Haruhi tries to jack the door open, then rings the doorbell.
Kyon: It's the other way around.

Koizumi: hey i have a bad feel about this place
Kyon: don't use that serious tone. you're breathing on me. your face is too close. get away from me.

Kyon: Asahina engaging me in lower body exercises...

Koizumi: Fumoffu! Second Raid! (i lol'ed on this one)

Last edited by arcticphoenix16; 2006-05-16 at 23:44.
arcticphoenix16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 23:35   Link #89
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Am I the only person who noticed that Haruhi responds to Kyon's monologue at about 2:55? I've never seen her do that before, has she been doing it a lot?

I'm pretty sure it's a monologue, he's speaking in his "monologue voice".
I noticed that too. Seems like she's got mind reading powers.

Haruhi's sleeping face is sooo cute!! Sorry just had to say that.
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 23:42   Link #90
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I figure at some point Kyon is going to massively screw up and voice his inner dialogue....

Seriously, it takes some work for Kyon's VA to "italicize" his inner monolog so I wouldn't be surprised if it slips a bit ... I can think of a few times when i wasn't quite sure whether Kyon was speaking or thinking.
Oh i totally agree with Vexx im just waitng for the moment when Kyon goes oh shit!!!! i said that out loud i wonder what kind of punishment Haruhi would come up with for him
Old 2006-05-16, 23:52   Link #91
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Oh i totally agree with Vexx im just waitng for the moment when Kyon goes oh shit!!!! i said that out loud i wonder what kind of punishment Haruhi would come up with for him
As long as it involves some kind of comment on how attractive she is ... the world is safe (though I'm sure she'ld pretend to be miffed). God forbid it be him daydreaming about Mikuru ...

PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 00:13   Link #92
Decel

This episode is definitely amongst the top of the series so far.

I love it when Yuki uses her powers. I think this is the first time you actually hear her while she's using it too.

The CG felt a bit weird, but as mentioned previously it's nowhere near the horror that FSN's dragon was.
Old 2006-05-17, 00:23   Link #93
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16
that's in the original novel too. Some of kyon's comments don't have quotations around them, so you think they're inner monologues. But they're actually said out loud since Haruhi replies to them. It's either Haruhi has mind reading powers, or it's done purposely that way so we don't have to hear kyon talk on and on.
I could always be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was intentional.
First, it's not only not the voice he uses when he's actually speaking, it's also not the kind of thing he usually says out loud. Second, it's a weird shot if you're watching it. Kyon's face is out of the frame (you only see Haruhi reflected in the monitor). It seems weird to cut Kyon's face out of a conversation between the two of them unless the purpose is to make it seem like she just responds to something he says. If his face was in the frame, we'd see if his lips are moving or not, so we'd know. This way you're not really sure if she just picked it out or if she's responding to something that was spoken.
I just figured it was either the mind reading thing or a keep-them-guessing type of thing.
At least, I hope it was intentional, it was a very nice touch if it was.
Old 2006-05-17, 00:30   Link #94
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:

It's intentional. I already noted this all the way back in Episode 2. The line between Kyon's speech and his inner thoughts has always been a blurry one in the novel. Not just Haruhi, but everyone else in the novel will "reply" to Kyon's tsukkomis even if he never says them out loud.
Old 2006-05-17, 00:52   Link #95
ECFNW

Gave this a 9.
Loved the FMP references.
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 01:51   Link #96
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16
As for the episode, it was a lot funnier than the last one. Some highlights were:

Kyon: Asahina engaging me in lower body exercises...
Ah yes, lower body exercises... yes, I think its probable that within... one week? Someone will find some fanart playing on that double-speak of Kyon's. Whether or not it'll be work safe is another issue...

Lower body exercises with Asahina-san indeed... *pfft*
Old 2006-05-17, 01:56   Link #97
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Lower body exercises with Asahina-san indeed...
One can only dream...
Old 2006-05-17, 02:12   Link #98
Alu
Guide my hand...

I can say it was a pretty good episode, in both terms of animation and storywise aswell.
As mencioned before, Kyon's monologue just keeps getting better and better, altough he should be carefull next time as not to let anything "slip" ^^

The fight scenes where amazing, we this time see a bit more of Itsuki's powers, and even more of Yuki's.
Quoting Angelsama :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Episode 07 - just wow.

"Fumoffu!" "Second Raid!" I wonder where these names come from.. ^^;
That was just AWSOME!, I belive everyone else also agrees

In the end though we see reference by part of Kyon on what the motives of the entire episode could have been.., this regarding Yuki..
It clearly states that even Yuki, Itsuki and Mikuru are there to "observe" Haruhi.., they clearly have they're own agenda.., its just like mencioned before.., each ones interest may be the same on most cases.
This at the end was just another fact in that aspect.

In the end it was a great episode all arround.., from the "Scarrab Heals You", to the tremendously ridiculous size of the SOS logo.
Brilliant, simply Brilliant; I gave it a 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
One can only dream...
You of all people would, wouldn't you

Last edited by Alu; 2006-05-17 at 08:17.
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 03:26   Link #99
Julius Firefocht

It strikes me as witty to use a giant bug as a representative of the Computer Club President's greatest fear.

You know, computer programs and bugs.

What's next? A giant blue screen of death?
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 03:49   Link #100
kamikazex

lol good stuff good stuff
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote